The Coronavirus

Here in Finland it was seriously proposed that the sale of alcohol should be stopped during the Coronavirus-crisis as the health system will be burdened enough even without people drinking too much. That idea was abandoned as it is obvious that then people who are dependant on alcohol would just turn to even worse stuff like lasol or other such things.

Even though a lot of companies will go bust I doubt breweries will be the first ones considering how much beer people seem to be buying these days at the supermarkets.

It was only this week when bars and restaurants were ordered by the government to shut down. There were some funny incidents how before the official order to shut down some bars were having anti-advertisements like saying that they are reluctantly keeping the Place open because if they decided to shut they wouldn't get a penny from the insurance but they pleaded people not to come.

On 4/3/2020 at 12:47 AM, Moonbox said:

It's probably not transmitted by aerosol, but that's as far as the research goes

On 4/3/2020 at 12:47 AM, Moonbox said:

"We haven't recorded airborne transmission".   The sort of research needed to completely rule it out

It's already a probability as per the article I posted. What's up with this insistent denial? "Nooo, it can't work like other viruses, no no. This is an especially 'nice' virus that you can only get by licking other people's faces on the bus."

1 hour ago, Rue said:

No..no..not necessarily...its actually not necessarily getting stronger, the underlying conditions of the people you refer to are not being reported..lending to your assumptions....also please understand that if a virus does mutate to become harder to fight as an individual patient,  it also necessarily means it becomes less contagious... as Sars showed us...meaning it also becomes less lethal as it no longer spreads...so lethal depends on context...

...even where it becomes  more lethal to individual patients it  becomes less lethal to humanity as a whole..which is where  better medical treatments and an eventual vaccine come in....they can and are being developed as we speak.. increasing survival rates...

Recovery rates are growing with new approaches so because we are adapting through  trial and error as physicians mix and match medications to see what works best until a vaccine is developed..the virusvin that sense becomes less lethal..

Pathologists analyze cause of death to better understand how to treat it and are working with immunologists to better  identify underlying medical conditions so they are not missed.

The term lethal is used by most of us in subjective context because we see only death not the actual cause of it..making all deaths the same to us. They are not.

The fact remains what appears lethal may be to some but not others.  We need to take proper time not to distort causes of death.... the info out there actually shows the majority of people do not die from this virus and those who do were immune compromised not healthy and those thought to be healthy in fact had  underlying causes that were not looked for...that is also because we  just do not have sufficient pathologists available to examine all deaths to come up with proper data as to the causes of death.

There is no medical data showing the virus mutating into  a death strain on healthy people in fact it shows no evidence of that but it does show if we miss underlying causes we can make false conclusions as to cause of death and assign imother virus in error.

As we speak new treatments are working and being tested that will be used to lower rates of death..rates of death peak but medical treatments eventually develop to help lower rates...

Whatevs, dude, this is what I live for, I'm loving every minute of it

Apex Predator Male doing what he was born to do

Mating females, get behind us

I treat the bug as what it is, BSL3 pathogen biological weapons grade

And so does my wife

Whole new girlfriend

She's flying towards the right wing nutjobs

She has no time for whiners, shirkers, nor slackers

She is 100% behind the war effort, now sees it as a biological WMD global war

She is 100% behind Big Daddy Ford President of Ontario, Justin Trudeau is persona non grata

She is growing vegetables in her Victory Gardens

She is canning for the cellar

She even let me run her through the drills on all my guns

Chicks behind guns, with just the right amount of puppy fat, so hot :bites fist:

This is the pinnacle

It doesn't get any better than this

This is like a second honeymoon

Dougie...what I say does not change we are in a challenging time..I just  like good intel...because when people do not get  good intel  they do dumb shit...too many  pervitin and eukadal addicts out there...

Edited by Rue

On 4/4/2020 at 1:23 PM, Argus said:

Nonsense.They began weeks ago. Germany banned the export of masks, so did France, then the EU overall did. China and South Korea and Taiwan had already banned their export, and the export of other PPE gear. The only reason it's on the news now is because someone finally got around to telling Trump that some US masks are exported so he banned them too. But there was never any question he would do so. I'm actually surprised it took this long, but then, as I said, probably nobody mentioned it to him before now. Anyone who expects a man like Trump to stick by his friends when times get tough should be reminded that Trump HAS no friends, that in a lifetime of partying and palling around with others, celebrity-like, he's never managed to retain anyone you could call a real friend. That's because Trump has long demonstrated that he has no loyalty to anyone but himself, and will stab anyone in the back for even a temporary advantage.

I wasn’t referring to Europe. Let’s clarify that they’re now a serious problem for us as well. We will need a rethink on vital equipment for pandemics and maintain adequate manufacturing capacity within the country. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland
  • Like 1

There’s a fair bit of discussion in the US about the false-negative rate of RT-PCR tests for COVID-19:

Conventional diagnostic tests for the novel coronavirus may give false-negative results about 30% of the time, meaning people with an active COVID-19 infection still test negative for the disease, according to news reports....

If false-negative results prove fairly common, what should people do if they receive one? 

Chaoui told The Boston Globe that he is advising all his patients who test negative for the virus to assume they are infected, regardless, and quarantine themselves until they are symptom-free for at least 72 hours. Krumholz shared a similar sentiment in the Times. At UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, epidemiologist Dr. Richard Ellison told the Globe that the hospital is now retesting patients who received a negative test but have symptoms of the novel coronavirus, in an attempt to cut down on false negatives.  

https://www.livescience.com/covid19-cor ... tives.html

1 hour ago, Rue said:

Dougie...what I say does not change we are in a challenging time..

It was the worst of times, it was the best of times

Living in the now like there is no tomorrow

Best girl by my side

That's the only way to live

Mission Command, Commanders Intent, Enjoy the Staycation

6ix-6ix, solid copy, commencing battle procedure, out

Crank up the tunes

On 3/31/2020 at 8:00 AM, Dougie93 said:

Deaths by category in New York City

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/downloads/pdf/imm/covid-19-daily-data-summary-deaths.pdf

It's not all old people, 20% under 65, including 1 minor

It is however almost all people with underlying conditions

Underlying conditions which are very common mind you, such as asthma & diabetes

Basically,  if you have a weakness, this bug will find and exploit it and it's lethal when it does.

And pretty much all of the people that are dying from other diseases are now being lumped together under the China COVID19 hoax of a virus. And there will be more fake higher numbers coming out as this bull is allowed to continue on and more of our freedoms of speech and assemblies will be taken away from us. The politically correct politicians and the lackey media is creating a situation worse than what things really are. No one is testing for a this COVID19 virus. They are testing for another kind of virus in the body, which everyone has in their bodies, and then taking those tests and pretending that this is the real China virus and the reason why this virus is going to get even higher in numbers and all the more reason for your dear commie leaders to take more of your freedoms away from us all like freedom of assembly. We are not allowed to be seen with more than two to maybe five people at most or some little commie squealer will call the cops on them. This global pandemic exercise is really working, thanks to those fools who still believe it, and this fake pandemic will only be made worse than what it really is.

But you do not have to believe me. look up David Icke on the web and go to his website and see what and how he explains all about this virus pandemic hoax. I did and I learned a hell of a lot from what he had to say. If you refuse to do so, well two thumbs down to you. Enjoy your constant 24 hours of brainwashing on TV. There always has been and there always will be two sides to every story. Everyone needs to get both sides of the story. Otherwise, if one will only believe and listen to one side of the story, and not the other side of the story, is for them to  know nothing at all.  Believe it or not. ;)

15 minutes ago, taxme said:

But you do not have to believe me.

Thanks to the RCR Battleschool, I don't have to believe in others, I just believe in myself

School of Hard Knocks

Relaxed in the saddle, supremely confident in ones own capabilities, comfortable with uncertainty, prepared to operate in the field indefinitely as necessary, come what may

Not a Doomsday Prepper tho

No need, I walk tall, no fears on earth, the Lord is with me, always

4 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Whatevs, dude, this is what I live for, I'm loving every minute of it

Apex Predator Male doing what he was born to do

Mating females, get behind us

I treat the bug as what it is, BSL3 pathogen biological weapons grade

And so does my wife

Whole new girlfriend

She's flying towards the right wing nutjobs

She has no time for whiners, shirkers, nor slackers

She is 100% behind the war effort, now sees it as a biological WMD global war

She is 100% behind Big Daddy Ford President of Ontario, Justin Trudeau is persona non grata

She is growing vegetables in her Victory Gardens

She is canning for the cellar

She even let me run her through the drills on all my guns

Chicks behind guns, with just the right amount of puppy fat, so hot :bites fist:

This is the pinnacle

It doesn't get any better than this

This is like a second honeymoon

Ford has made a surprising pivot into the kind of Bill Davis centrism that has made Ontario so strong.  I hope he stays that way because that’s how you win the long game of responsible government.

Taxme isn’t all wrong in his suspicions about the virus, however, and I think we have to be very careful that we aren’t importing a way of living that, if extended unreasonably long, might crush the human spirit.  This ain't China.  We need to make sure we don’t give into a way of life that is unnecessarily difficult.  I’m sure some aspects of life must permanently change, but the current lockdown and suspension of certain freedoms must be temporary.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

This ain't China.

My wife is working online with her counterpart in China

Liaison office

The lady is concerned for my wife, so she is sending us a box of pandemic supplies, a whole slew of stuff that they have, all the way from Shanghai

She's sending the SARS masks they have in China, better than ours

Better Look Cool Factor too, Apocalyptic Chic

Nice lady

36 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Taxme isn’t all wrong in his suspicions about the virus, however, and I think we have to be very careful that we aren’t importing a way of living that, if extended unreasonably long, might crush the human spirit.  This ain't China. 

Nor is it the inter-dimensional space the Archons inhabit.   So you're suspicious of importing the Archonian way of life too?  That's good to know, I mean one less thing right?

11 hours ago, -TSS- said:

Here in Finland it was seriously proposed that the sale of alcohol should be stopped during the Coronavirus-crisis as the health system will be burdened enough even without people drinking too much. That idea was abandoned as it is obvious that then people who are dependant on alcohol would just turn to even worse stuff like lasol or other such things.

I saw somewhere that sales of alcohol had gone up by 40% in Canada in recent weeks.

What do you think of Sweden’s approach to the pandemic? 

1 hour ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Any equipment or PPE ordered from abroad is vulnerable to a higher bidder until it gets across our border. We may see outright confiscation of such precious cargo en route by third countries before the end of this. 

People who do that are no better than pirates and are worse than profiteers.  

Well, some common sense malcontents are beginning to rear their ugly heads;

why aren't the police throwing these people in jail?

If the current coronavirus had appeared in 1968, it would simply have been called “flu”, probably “Wuhan flu”. COVID-19 may not be nowadays classified as such, but in my youth flu is definitely what we would have called it. The Hong Kong flu was very similar to the current outbreak in being extremely contagious but with a fairly low mortality rate. 30% of the UK population is estimated to have been infected in the Hong Kong flu pandemic. The death rate was about 0.5%, mostly elderly or with underlying health conditions.

But there was no massive panic, no second by second media hysteria, over Hong Kong flu. Let me start being unpopular. “Man in his 80’s already not very well from previous conditions, dies of flu” is not and should not be a news headline. The coverage is prurient, intrusive, unbalanced and designed to cause hysteria.  link

So what do we make of the baffling discrepancy in death rates from Covid-19 between different countries? Why is Italy’s death rate from the disease a staggering 10% while China’s is more like 4%? And what does that mean for the 70% of humanity that “experts” warn will be infected by this virus?

And while we’re at it, why don’t we ask some equally meaningful questions, like: What color is the Easter Bunny? How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? And just how tasty is the cheese that the moon is made of, anyway?

As I demonstrated weeks ago, methods for diagnosing this disease vary so widely from country to country that making comparisons between countries isn’t even like comparing apples and oranges. It’s like comparing apples and aardvarks. And diagnosing a particular type of viral infection via CT scan? How can we possibly trust the infection numbers that are being generated by such methods?  link

Does anyone pause and reflect on the absolute poverty of data for exponential growth anywhere in the world?

There is proportional growth in cases to test administered, but no exponential growth.

Should that not assuage a little of the fear, make for some sober second thought on whether all-out tyranny is the proper choice?

Police officers in Ontario will now have the right to stop and have the public identify themselves or face hefty fines for violating their orders, according to a new power granted by the province of Ontario using the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act (EMCPA).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pinky tuscadero said:

Well, some common sense malcontents are beginning to rear their ugly heads;

why aren't the police throwing these people in jail?

Does anyone pause and reflect on the absolute poverty of data for exponential growth anywhere in the world?

There is proportional growth in cases to test administered, but no exponential growth.

Should that not assuage a little of the fear, make for some sober second thought on whether all-out tyranny is the proper choice?

Police officers in Ontario will now have the right to stop and have the public identify themselves or face hefty fines for violating their orders, according to a new power granted by the province of Ontario using the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act (EMCPA).

Yeah it sounds like a cruel social experiment put that way, except that thousands more people are dying due to this illness, especially in the places where few public health measures were taken to prevent its spread.  I think your point is that we shouldn’t be shutting down the economy and taking away liberties to stop the spread, since it probably can’t be stopped anyway.  Ultimately the best we can probably do is slow the spread and get back to work with public safety measures.  The shut down will have to end and the economy will have to function amidst a certain amount of sickness and death.  It’s not the first time.  

On 4/4/2020 at 12:07 PM, -TSS- said:

Even though a lot of companies will go bust I doubt breweries will be the first ones considering how much beer people seem to be buying these days at the supermarkets.

It was only this week when bars and restaurants were ordered by the government to shut down. There were some funny incidents how before the official order to shut down some bars were having anti-advertisements like saying that they are reluctantly keeping the Place open because if they decided to shut they wouldn't get a penny from the insurance but they pleaded people not to come.

Edited by Argus

14 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I saw somewhere that sales of alcohol had gone up by 40% in Canada in recent weeks.

What do you think of Sweden’s approach to the pandemic? 

Difficult to say tbh. Some people say the Swedes are absolute idiots and/or lunatics. On the other hand, if you can't stop the virus sweeping through the population anyway you can just as well at least not wreck the economy

Beautiful  day

Warm sunshine and blue skies

Lovers are out and about, hand in hand and arm in arm, probably f*cking like bunnies in the Staycation

I went to the liquor store, not to stock up, just to check on the older but bolder broads who work there, I'm a regular customer, I know all the staff

They all have thousand yard stares like it's Viet f*cking Nam

Poor buggers, glad it's not me

Thank you for your essential service

21 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Thanks to the RCR Battleschool, I don't have to believe in others, I just believe in myself

School of Hard Knocks

Relaxed in the saddle, supremely confident in ones own capabilities, comfortable with uncertainty, prepared to operate in the field indefinitely as necessary, come what may

Not a Doomsday Prepper tho

No need, I walk tall, no fears on earth, the Lord is with me, always

Praise the Lord, and pass the ammunition. :D

20 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Ford has made a surprising pivot into the kind of Bill Davis centrism that has made Ontario so strong.  I hope he stays that way because that’s how you win the long game of responsible government.

Taxme isn’t all wrong in his suspicions about the virus, however, and I think we have to be very careful that we aren’t importing a way of living that, if extended unreasonably long, might crush the human spirit.  This ain't China.  We need to make sure we don’t give into a way of life that is unnecessarily difficult.  I’m sure some aspects of life must permanently change, but the current lockdown and suspension of certain freedoms must be temporary.  

When all of this foolishness comes to an end every football and hockey game will be sold out. Every restaurant will once again open it's doors to the public. Every kid will probably be glad to be back in school?  Everyone will love their job? The stock market will skyrocket, and every house will have toilet paper, and we will all once again start to hug each other and shake hands. I cannot see people putting up with all of this social distance nonsense or stop all kinds of people assembling to go on for another month or so.. Today,  I  get the feeling that somehow I am living in an Arab or communist country where fun is all but limited if allowed at all. 

The alternative is what we are all being forced to experience and are having to live with today.  Panic and fear. Confinement in our homes and no more old time socializing and getting together out in the fresh air with friends and family and going to concerts, casinos, going on vacations, and enjoy watching a good old fashioned parade or sports game. We the people must once again return to the good old days or else we will all end up going nuts in the head.

We have and always been a free people and to be able to come and go as we please. Now, this has been taken away from us. We must not allow this, what others have called it a "global pandemic exercise" to continue on because it will eventually have to either go to people's heads and drive them crazy or they will have to say enough already. It has to happen or else. Just my opinion of course.    

19 hours ago, eyeball said:

Nor is it the inter-dimensional space the Archons inhabit.   So you're suspicious of importing the Archonian way of life too?  That's good to know, I mean one less thing right?

I think that you and many others here would no doubt make great brainwashing Ministers of Propaganda. I am pretty sure that Trudeau would love to have you as one of his zombie ministers. Go ahead, apply for the job, will ya. Let us all know how you made out although I am pretty sure that we would all find out very quickly that you did get the job, if you get my drift.  :D