The Coronavirus

30 minutes ago, taxme said:

Imagine if the old people were better taken care of and were properly fed and kept healthy and not have taken any vaccine shots that in most cases have caused many deaths in the past. Old people have weaker immune systems and are more likely to die just from the regular seasonal flu bug that comes around every year. No one really actually gives a shit about old people except for their families. It's for sure that the government and the media could careless about old people. Let them all die so we can give their pensions to legal and illegal so called refugees.  Hey, we never know, eh? ;)

Cite the death rate of any vaccine. 

Actually better yet, cite the death rate of any vaccine vs the death rate of Measles, Mumps, Rubella or Polio. 

Anti-Vaxxers really bug me. 

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

Actually better yet, cite the death rate of any vaccine vs the death rate of Measles, Mumps, Rubella or Polio. 

I grew up in the 80s. The amounts of shots we had back were maybe like 10?  How many now are kids being hit with?

https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/immunization-chart.html

17 minutes ago, New World Disorder said:

I grew up in the 80s. The amounts of shots we had back were maybe like 10?  How many now are kids being hit with?

https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/immunization-chart.html

And immunization isn't even considered a top consideration for infant mortality 

https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/maternalinfanthealth/infantmortality.htm

11 hours ago, dialamah said:

Here's a fun way to play with data ... 2020 Global death rates from all causes

https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/2562261/?fbclid=IwAR0czCnlTRcqhzohtsnqYbWgl5gpnWf6PPo4rQpR18vToRP30FbjXV71qlM

Nobody’s arguing that people that have died from the Wuhan coronavirus aren’t real.  You people still aren’t listening.

13 hours ago, Boges said:

Not almost all. But a good majority.

85 % in old age homes. Note that only the public ones were reported in this figure. Let's say the private ones add a few percent more. The remainder is comprised of many elderly who died at home as well.

That is what I read on CBC, but it is hard to find good age-specific data.

Here is a sample:

5e6a7b2584159f1962421227?width=700&forma

Another graph is shown here:
COVID-CFR-by-age-710x550.png

Note that most of the working-age people in the graph fall in the age group 30 up to 50-59. Yet these are the very people who are being kept home.
In reality it seems many of them got the virus anyway, presumably many who didn't even know. But I digress.

The bar graph shows we are doing exactly the wrong things, keeping people at home who have very low incidence of death due to virus, and not quarantining those age 60+, and not separating those in old age homes.

Rather than send every Canadian home with $2000 a month, that money could have been spent to renovate a stadium into a hospital and move the old folks in. But then, guess what? Chances are they would have died anyway. Because at that age there is no way to save them, for the most part they are finished.

That is why our government didn't bother to do this. They know the truth but won't admit it. Anyone who has old parents or family in old age homes knows the truth as well. Yes, people go there because they will soon die.

If you agree with this, then we should all be going back to work on Monday. Have a nice weekend.

Edited by OftenWrong
  • Thanks 1

On 5/28/2020 at 6:23 AM, dialamah said:

https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/2562261/?fbclid=IwAR0czCnlTRcqhzohtsnqYbWgl5gpnWf6PPo4rQpR18vToRP30FbjXV71qlM

I'd like to see a graph showing global debt rates from all causes.  I suspect military spending and bank bailouts would top the scale like Malaria and Malnutrition.  

On 5/28/2020 at 6:23 AM, dialamah said:

It's an interesting way to look at the data, that's for sure.

I wonder what that would look like if the WHO had given better advice, instead of giving the worst advice possible.

23 hours ago, Boges said:

23 hours ago, Boges said:

Do your own homework. Go check yourself. on the internet as I have done. 

It is a well known fact that vaccines cause injury and death. Go check yourself on the internet as I have done. 

I really despise pro-vaxxers. They have to be some of the most silly and stupid people on earth. Injecting foreign substances into your body is totally bloody ridiculous. Just saying. ;)

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

It's an interesting way to look at the data, that's for sure.

I wonder what that would look like if the WHO had given better advice, instead of giving the worst advice possible.

WHO should have called China out from the start. But since they get a lot of funding from China ....  They got the info and said 'ok china masters we will do thy bidding'

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

In light of how badly the US has handled it's outbreak I think it's safe to conclude most of the WHO's bad advice was probably generated by the high-ranking American officials helping run the place.  It stands to reason any country with half a billion dollars invested in running the place would have people close enough to the executive level they would have been very involved in both formulating, vetting and delivering this bad advice. 

8 minutes ago, eyeball said:

In light of how badly the US has handled it's outbreak 

I keep hearing some people say that but I'm never sure what they mean by it. It's like were supposed to take it on faith or if they keep saying it it's going to become true. Can you be more specific.  The American response compares favourably to most western  countries as far as I can tell.

Edited by Infidel Dog

2 minutes ago, Infidel Dog said:

I keep hearing some people say that but I'm never sure what they mean by it. It's like were supposed to take it on faith or if they keep saying it it's going to become true. Can you be more specific.  The American response compares favourably to most western  countries as far as I can tell.

The American response is incomparably the best according to some.  I'm not saying it's been the worst but way back when in January I was commenting that if the biggest authoritarian dictatorship on the planet couldn't contain this virus that the biggest libertarian democracy wouldn't stand a chance.

In any case I haven't noticed China wasting time and energy blaming other countries for it's deficiencies.

Well, now you've got me confused. Are you backpedaling on this previous comment? "In light of how badly the US has handled it's outbreak." I wouldn't blame you if you were because there's no real truth to it, but can you explain to me why some people keep making it?

Edited by Infidel Dog

If somebody's already posted this one, sorry about that, but it's worth knowing:

Trump announces US ‘terminating’ relationship with WHO

President Trump announced Friday that the U.S. is "terminating" its relationship with the embattled World Health Organization (WHO) over its failure to enact reforms in the face of concerns over its handling of the coronavirus pandemic and its pro-China bias.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-us-terminating-relationship-with-who

1 hour ago, Infidel Dog said:

Well, now you've got me confused. Are you backpedaling on this previous comment? "In light of how badly the US has handled it's outbreak." I wouldn't blame you if you were because there's no real truth to it, but can you explain to me why some people keep making it?

No I'm not backpedaling the US response has been dismal not the worst but terrible nonetheless.  I think that's mostly due to the effort that's been put into politicizing it for the sake of blaming or deflection thereof.  My comments towards the WHO vis a vis its alleged failures are more directed at the incompetent reasoning given for the WHO's failure.  No matter what or how the WHO fucked up it had to involve Americans given the number of officials they had working there and the amount of money they had invested in the place.  There's no way the WHO could have deceived anyone knowingly or incompetently without Americans knowing about and if they did, it only underscores how widespread and deep American incompetence is too for failing to catch it. Note I'm not saying US officials knowingly or deliberately infected their country but I am suggesting their incompetence at the WHO worsened it. 

The quarantine seems useless you say? Nay Madam, it is.

"Studies from scientific communities around the world are all showing that the place where COVID-19 will thrive is in your own home."

“There’s a general view that the virus is everywhere and that anyone could be transmitting it … it causes a significant amount of stress and anxiety in people,” Evans said. “We now know that to get infected with this virus, you have to be in close contact with another person (and) that contact has to be for a significant amount of time. It’s not 10 or 15 minutes, it’s hours. It needs to be in a closed environment, a house, and in the environment, there has to be a significant amount of contamination.

“I’m describing exactly what you would see in a household.”

Link

No wonder I am healthy and of both sound body and mind, while you people who are trapped indoors are dying and going mad, one by one.

Yep. Just like my Grandma used to say when I was little, "Get the hell outside you stupid bastard, before you get sick from being indoors too long."

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

... There's no way the WHO could have deceived anyone knowingly or incompetently without Americans knowing about and if they did, it only underscores how widespread and deep American incompetence is too for failing to catch it. Note I'm not saying US officials knowingly or deliberately infected their country but I am suggesting their incompetence at the WHO worsened it. 

So what's Canada's excuse, #12 in the world for deaths per million, even after worshiping the WHO ?   

I guess the WHO wasn't much help for long term care facilities, eh ?

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

There's no way the WHO could have deceived anyone knowingly or incompetently without Americans knowing about and if they did, it only underscores how widespread and deep American incompetence is too for failing to catch

But they did catch it, what the frigg are you even talking about?

6 hours ago, eyeball said:

In light of how badly the US has handled it's outbreak I think it's safe to conclude most of the WHO's bad advice was probably generated by the high-ranking American officials helping run the place.  It stands to reason any country with half a billion dollars invested in running the place would have people close enough to the executive level they would have been very involved in both formulating, vetting and delivering this bad advice. 

The US handled it far better than Canada, that's proven 6 ways from Sunday now.

It's impossible for anyone to do worse than what the WHO advised. Canada was the only country in the whole world dumb enough to take their advice 100%. 

15 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

The US handled it far better than Canada, that's proven 6 ways from Sunday now.

It's impossible for anyone to do worse than what the WHO advised. Canada was the only country in the whole world dumb enough to take their advice 100%. 

PATRIOTISM: the quality of being patriotic; devotion to and vigorous support for one's country. I thought that is regardless of who is leading. It looks to me your dislike of Trudeau outweighs the love for your/our country. In some circles they might call you a traitor for loving the USA more than your nation. 

Edited by Independent1986

50 minutes ago, Independent1986 said:

PATRIOTISM: the quality of being patriotic; devotion to and vigorous support for one's country.

If you read that again, you'll note that it doesn't say: "Blind devotion to an idiot who is destroying the country, or a traitor."

I thought that is regardless of who is leading.

It means that you want what is best for the country, it doesn't mean that you act like someone is doing a good job when they got thousands of people killed by their own stupidity. If Trudeau didn't have a long history of crimes and scandals against Canada I could forgive one faux pas. He's just a wrecking ball of stupidity and deceit.

It looks to me your dislike of Trudeau outweighs the love for your/our country.

The fact that I don't give him a pass for killing Canadians doesn't mean that I don't love my country.

In some circles they might call you a traitor for loving the USA more than your nation. 

Call me what you want. IDGAF. 

7 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

If you read that again, you'll note that it doesn't say: "Blind devotion to an idiot who is destroying the country, or a traitor."

It means that you want what is best for the country, it doesn't mean that you act like someone is doing a good job when they got thousands of people killed by their own stupidity. If Trudeau didn't have a long history of crimes and scandals against Canada I could forgive one faux pas. He's just a wrecking ball of stupidity and deceit.

The fact that I don't give him a pass for killing Canadians doesn't mean that I don't love my country.

Call me what you want. IDGAF. 

Politicians come and go, your hatred for one individual should not blind your love for your country. This is the house that we live in all together, Canada. Is easy to sit in a chair and criticize Trudeau. History will judge him if he made the right calls or not, is too early to tell.

Edited by Independent1986