Trump Vs Trudeau on Coronavirus

42 minutes ago, taxme said:

I do hope that you are staying home as much as possible so that if you do have the bug you will not give it to me or others out there. The globalists created this pandemic and you think that we should be listening to them? The globalists have the "social distance" lemmings doing their part although I cannot see how keeping yourself six feet away from the person in front of you is gong to stop you from getting the bug if they have it already? It is supposed to be an air born virus, is it not? All our politicians and the media are doing is trying to make all of our lives as miserable as hell. 

It's not an airborne virus. 

You get it from droplets. So if someone sneezes on you or you touch something and infected person touches and then touch your face before washing your hands. 

The first 20 minutes of the movie Contagion show it rather well. 

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Where has YOUR government been ????   What the hell were they thinking ?

The PM is quarantined and Parliament ran for the hills, and only 30 MPs are coming back.

Thanks government has been pretty active. 

Lots of briefings. Even JT in Quarantine. 

1 minute ago, Boges said:

I'm this age of Social Distancing, you don't want 300+ people sitting in a small room. 

Yes....get a bigger room.  Instead of running away.

Ottawa shuts down

OTTAWA — Over five extraordinary hours on Friday, Canada’s federal government suspended Parliament, delayed its federal budget, imposed new restrictions on international travel and promised a major fiscal stimulus package, while the Bank of Canada slashed interest rates as the country collectively braces for the impact of coronavirus.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/13/ottawa-canada-coronavirus-shut-down-129043

Just now, Boges said:

Well they're running back now. But listening to public health guidelines. 

And none of them have it like GOP Senator Rand Paul. 

RAN AWAY !    Suspended Parliament in the middle of a pandemic crisis for Canada.

Your elected Parliament got the hell out of Ottawa, and now have to be dragged back with only 30 members.

You don't know if any of them "have it" or not.

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

RAN AWAY !    Suspended Parliament in the middle of a pandemic crisis for Canada.

Your elected Parliament got the hell out of Ottawa, and now have to be dragged back with only 30 members.

You don't know if any of them "have it" or not.

We do know Rand Paul has it. I wonder how many he infected?

5 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Yes, I agree.  A herd immunity will come about eventually regardless of the way we get there, but I would rather do it the way we are currently doing it than let the disease take charge and cull everyone who isn't up to it.  I'm not sure I understand your point re economics.  The discussions are important, and I'm sure they are taking place at the highest levels, the IMF, the major banks, etc.  I'm also sure they are doing what they can to mitigate the worst of the effects, but it is a separate discussion. 

It is not a separate discussion, everything is interconnected. Solving one problem by creating a worse problem isn't a solution, especially if you don't even solve the original problem and add a worse problem on top of it.

4 hours ago, Iceni warrior said:

Flattening the curve is the universally accepted best way to minimise deaths.

It really isn't, and even those who agree on the strategy don't all agree on the timing. Your "the science is settled, all the experts agree" bullshit is funny though. Boris wasn't forced to change tack because of science, he was forced to change tack because of SIFCLF panic monkey's demanding it out of ignorance.

Edited by Yzermandius19

4 hours ago, Boges said:

Even if he's lying about Sophie having it. Which he's not! 

He's having daily briefings. How's that hiding? 

He's doing it all from under his blankie. 

Canadians are in need of strong leadership right now. We need a PM who's making the right decisions, not a coward, and not someone who's just trying to look good so that he can get re-elected and run up more debt while he destroys the country. 

7 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Oooh sandbox insults. You must know what you’re talking about lol. 

How do they know that his wife has it? They must have tested her. But they don’t have a test kit for our PM?  

Bullshit. He’s in hiding. 

So has it occurred to you to consider that by being in hiding he's not able to do as much harm?  I mean c'mon, there's absolutely NO silver lining here whatsoever? Will you only be happy if Trudeau is killed by this virus?

I can already hear you whining about the expense of a state funeral. 

8 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

It really isn't, and even those who agree on the strategy don't all agree on the timing. Your "the science is settled, all the experts agree" bullshit is funny though. Boris wasn't forced to change tack because of science, he was forced to change tack because of SIFCLF panic monkey's demanding it out of ignorance.

It's all right, I get it.

You Brexit supporting, climate change denying, Covidiot types have had years of indoctrination teaching you to disregard ''so called experts'' and your programming is going to take a while to reboot.

In the meantime, if you want to go and lick some bathroom door handles to speed up herd immunity (also an untested theory with this novel virus) don't let me stand in your way.

I'll be  here at the farm living off the land and hunting the occasional dog walker while I wait for the vaccine in a year or so's time.

Edited by Iceni warrior

Just now, Iceni warrior said:

You Brexit supporting, climate change denying, Covidiot types have had years of indoctrination teaching you to disregard ''so called experts'' and your programming is going to take a while to reboot.

In the meantime, if you want to go and lick some bathroom door handles to speed up herd immunity (also an untested theory with this novel virus) don't let me stand in your way.

Follow Y’s approach and you get Italy’s results.  Responding to scientific fact with ideological belief never ends well.  

2 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

You are the one disregarding experts, pretending all of them agree with you is proof of that.