Jump to content

Trump Vs Trudeau on Coronavirus


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Some of us are armed to the teeth ex-military personnel with decades of operational experience and years to prepare for this

I'm pretty confident in the tall grass when the chips are down,  against all comers.

You sound like a delusional nut case who has been eating too many canned beans that or you want to be Woody Harrelson.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trudeau is a mouthpiece. Getting mad at him is pointless. No elected official is capable of doing anything right in the sense that during this issue there are thousands if not millions of so called experts often with different opinions.

 

I don't see partisan analysis of leaders at a time like this being accurate. They do what the people surrounding them tell them to do.

 

Governments are not magic. Medicine and science is not magic. There are no miracle pills or cures for anything but there are thousands if not billions of layers

of bureaucracy when any decision is made.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Boges said:

Right now I'm watching CNN to make myself feel better. 

It's not that bad here yet.

Bad of course is a relative term we affluent use so loosely. While some fret over this virus all the rest of the world continues with its other issues and conflicts far greater a life threat than this virus will ever prove to be. The fact we live such sheltered and affluent lives makes this virus seem bad. You want bad, live in a congested camp with cholera. Try getting Dung fever. Excuse me if I slap my head a few times and say get a grip on my gonads. I blame CBC with its doomsday scenarios and politically correct distanced news anchors. I blame Ian Hanamansingh. I would blame Lisa Laflamme but she has a drag queen name and since I am in my 60's I find her and Genevieve Beuchemin to be hot. Now Chantal Hebert is my all time favourite even though she looks like a zombie from zombie land. I think we should elect her/him Prime Minister right now.

Edited by Rue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Rue said:

You sound like a delusional nut case who has been eating too many canned beans that or you want to be Woody Harrelson.

 I'm not expecting  hundreds of people to attack me, that was Boges' scenario.

If you present me with a tactical scenario I will give you a combat estimate, Jew.

Edited by Dougie93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

This is already fun, I mean, we are living history right now, this is uncharted waters, Well Regulated Militia in the breach like our forefathers before us, Semper Fidelis

What drills would you recommend to us panty waist civvies in order to protect ourselves sgt?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

What drills would you recommend to us panty waist civvies in order to protect ourselves sgt?

Less is more, avoid becoming a casualty, maintain vigilance, so as not to add additional burden to the system, thus husbanding resources for the vulnerable and ill prepared

Defensive Routine.  Defend the hospitals by ensuring that you will not require their services.

Defensive is boring, but that's when you have to be extra vigilant

Home Guard, stand to, stand to.

en_1030484p

Edited by Dougie93
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Less is more, avoid becoming a casualty, maintain vigilance, so as not to add additional burden to the system, thus husbanding resources for the vulnerable and ill prepared

Defensive Routine.  Defend the hospitals by ensuring that you will not require their services.

Defensive is boring, but that's when you have to be extra vigilant

Well my training as a chef already makes me more vigilant than most in terms of hygiene.

At the pub we are planning to close after Sunday so I'm not in lockdown yet but I'm wondering whether I should decide to stop going in sooner.

We are so quiet at the moment we are not exactly a venue of mass gathering, we only had 2 people in for lunch today, but our clientel is mostly elderly. One of the two was in her 90's.

On the other hand I have no idea when I am likely to work again so it's a dilema.

As a plus, I intend to ask for some left over stock in lieu of some of my wage as the supermarket is really starting to run short of supplies now.

Edited by Iceni warrior
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

Well my training as a chef already makes me more vigilant than most in terms of hygiene.

At the pub we are planning to close after Sunday so I'm not in lockdown yet but I'm wondering whether I should decide to stop going in sooner.

We are so quiet at the moment we are not exactly a venue of mass gathering, we only had 2 people in for lunch today, but our clientel is mostly elderly. One of the two was in her 90's.

On the other hand I have no idea when I am likely to work again so it's a dilema.

As a plus, I intend to ask for some left over stock in lieu of some of my wage as the supermarket is really starting to run short of supplies now.

People need the Yang Blang, right now, Washington seems keen to push money out the door, but Ottawa so far seems to think they can do this on the cheap

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

People need the Yang Blang, right now, Washington seems keen to push money out the door, but Ottawa so far seems to think they can do this on the cheap

Bo-Jo is promising to spend like a drunken sailor and I can apply for bennies but the delay in payments is going to be epic. Also, despite what some might say, the dole is not exactly living the life of the idle rich.

I am used to living a champagne lifestyle on a brown ale budget and have family to bail me out if required but I worry for others who might live in a van down by the river.

 

Edited by Iceni warrior
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/16/2020 at 7:12 AM, Moonlight Graham said:

They should pander to me.  They work for me.  Well Trudeau at least.  I demand competence from my employees.

I guess that you have noticed for decades now that those employees that are supposed to work for you are not really working for or listening too you at all, and they never will either. They will just say to you to just pay your bloody taxes and shut your face. Our dear leaders know what is good for you all. All I am seeing these days from your dear leaders is more government and more taxes and for sure more bull shit. They sure can spread that crap around with no problem.

So, if you are wanting them to pander to you, then I would suggest that you first go on a nice long vacation for a nice long time after this virus bull shit is over. Maybe by then one will have listened too you when you get back, if you get that lucky. Trust me, there will be no contact made with you. We the sheeple are not the boss here. Our dear leaders are the bosses around here. Got it, dear Canadian taxpayer yet? Gees, I hope so! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Less is more, avoid becoming a casualty, maintain vigilance, so as not to add additional burden to the system, thus husbanding resources for the vulnerable and ill prepared

Defensive Routine.  Defend the hospitals by ensuring that you will not require their services.

Defensive is boring, but that's when you have to be extra vigilant

Home Guard, stand to, stand to.

en_1030484p

Holy mother load? Is that who is joining the Canadian military these days? Yup, I sure do feel a lot safer now knowing that a bunch of grandmas are joining the military. I wonder how they will do on the front line? Things must be getting pretty desperate in the Canadian military these days. I think that after the first shot is fired we should surrender immediately. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, taxme said:

Holy mother load? Is that who is joining the Canadian military these days? Yup, I sure do feel a lot safer now knowing that a bunch of grandmas are joining the military. I wonder how they will do on the front line? Things must be getting pretty desperate in the Canadian military these days. I think that after the first shot is fired we should surrender immediately. :lol:

This is a pandemic, the victory conditions depend on the civilians adopting a military bearing, as elite as JTF2 may be, they are of little utility against a virus

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Canadians are docile, they don't have those Town Meetings here where the locals threaten to hang the congressman from the nearest tree.

Docile is putting it mildly. But because we have been told over and over and over again that we Canadians are a peaceful loving compliant people, and always ready to say sorry, even for breathing, lol,  speaking out is just not the right thing for any Canadian to be doing. To do so will be seen as one being an anarchist. We all just just mustlisten to our dear leaders and do as they say without question because after all they do know best, right? You are talking anarchy, man. :D The only town meetings that go on in Canada are the ones where all the terrorist ANTIFA gangs go to get their riotous orders to go out there and try to shut the country down. 

By the way, what ever happened to all the news about the blockades that we had to listen to and watch on propaganda TV for 24 hours of every day? Is there peace now or is it still going on? Of course with everything shutting down these days over this virus thingy, I guess that it would not make all that much difference if it were still going on or not. If the terrorists can't shut the country down completely than the sky is falling down people will. One way or the other we the sane people are all phu-ked. Carry on Canada on and over the cliff.  :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

This is a pandemic, the victory conditions depend on the civilians adopting a military bearing, as elite as JTF2 may be, they are of little utility against a virus

This is a globalist pandemic hoax as far as I am concerned. But hey, believe what you want to believe. If you want to believe all of this hype about a virus is for real than stay home so you will not have to fear of coming into contact with someone who may have the bug. Personally, I will try and go out and get some sun while I try to make as much contact with as many people as I can. I will let you know if I get that dreaded bug. Lol. 

Edited by taxme
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, taxme said:

Believe what you want to believe. If you want to believe that all of this hype about a virus is for real than stay home so you will not have to fear of coming into contact with someone who may have the bug. Personally, I will try and go out and get some sun while I try to make as much contact with as many people as I can. I will let you know if I get that dreaded bug. Lol. 

I was hedged for this eventuality, so I am sunning myself on my deck in my 12,500 sq ft backyard which is like my own private Idaho

But I was going to do that anyways, I bought this property so I could live comfortably to the end of my days with no complaints at all, if there is where I ended up stuck

That's the key, if you're going all in on a property, make sure you are happy to die there and that you will never have to sell into a down market.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Of course...Canada always does things on the cheap !

Why say shit like that?  Want to compare minimum wages and public services?  I’ll give you the military, but that’s it really.  What Canada is doing isn’t just two mass mailings of cheques.  It’s a steady income for at least 15 weeks.  Anyway, such pissing contests aren’t helpful.  We have a different framework and will use existing structures such as E. I.   The Republicans removed quite a bit from your rescue bills.

With regard to vaccines, the sharing of information in the search for a vaccine to address a major public health emergency is of critical importance.  This isn’t the time for profiteering.  Canada’s, the US’s, Israel’s and many other countries’ biomedical labs are working around the clock to find a vaccine.  

Thankfully it looks like there are some treatments, such as the drugs to treat malaria and Ebola.  Nevertheless, health systems will be desperate.  Canada donated medical gear to China in that country’s desperation.  That’s honourable and not something to be ashamed of.  A lot of dumb-ass sensationalism and conspiracy theory on here.  We could see 100’s of thousands of dead before things settle down.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Why say shit like that?  Want to compare minimum wages and public services?  I’ll give you the military, but that’s it really.  What Canada is doing isn’t just two mass mailings of cheques.  It’s a steady income for at least 15 weeks.  Anyway, such pissing contests aren’t helpful.  We have a different framework and will use existing structures such as E. I.   The Republicans removed quite a bit from your rescue bills.

 

That's fine, but don't think for one minute that the novel coronavirus changes anything about this forum's dynamics.   My job is to give it right back to the bashers.  The prevailing opinion about "cheap" has existed for a long time.  Even "pogey" is subject to criticisms in Canada by Canadians.

Canada is rich and cheap

 

Quote

With regard to vaccines, the sharing of information in the search for a vaccine to address a major public health emergency is of critical importance.  This isn’t the time for profiteering.  Canada’s, the US’s, Israel’s and many other countries’ biomedical labs are working around the clock to find a vaccine. 

 

Don't fool yourself into thinking there will not be profiteering.  

Vaccines are profitable.  So what ?

 

Quote

Thankfully it looks like there are some treatments, such as the drugs to treat malaria and Ebola.  Nevertheless, health systems will be desperate.  Canada donated medical gear to China in that country’s desperation.  That’s honourable and not something to be ashamed of.  A lot of dumb-ass sensationalism and conspiracy theory on here.  We could see 100’s of thousands of dead before things settle down.  

 

That's great...the U.S. has donated all kinds of things before as well, including heavy airlift.

Edited by bush_cheney2004
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...