Trump Vs Trudeau on Coronavirus

5 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

You want to keep the economy running and I'm simply asking how you do it whilst complying with social distancing. Your refusal to answer means you are the one showing signs of kneejerk, partisan delusions.

I answered repeatedly. Every adequate answer is met with a more asinine question than the last. You asking a never ending series of stupid questions after every answer, that will go on ad infinitum, no matter how many times I answer, and me getting tired of your little charade, is not proof that I am a partisan hack at all. I am a partisan hack for entirely different reasons, and unlike you, I admit my bias.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

I answered repeatedly. Every adequate answer is met with a more asinine question than the last.

Show me where you answered ''how do you keep shops and factrories open and comply with social distancing at the same time?''

We've already established that there are not sufficient testing kits or lab' capacities or enough PPE equipment available.

4 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

Show me where you answered ''how do you keep shops and factrories open and comply with social distancing at the same time?''

We've already established that there are not sufficient testing kits or lab' capacities or enough PPE equipment available.

South Korea didn't shut them down, so ask them. I then answered what they were doing to achieve that, after you asked what that entailed, and then you asked again pretending I didn't answer. I'm done with your stupid game, make a point and stop asking dumb questions in some lame attempt to trap me in a bad answer, or we are done here.

Edited by Yzermandius19

15 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

South Korea didn't shut them down, so ask them. I then answered what they were doing to achieve that, after you asked what that entailed, and then you asked again pretending I didn't answer. I'm done with your stupid game, make a point and stop asking dumb questions in some lame attempt to trap me in a bad answer, or we are done here.

South Korea had far more testing kits available after their experience with SARS 1 and even with that capacity they are still enforcing social distancing measures.

If all you have is ''look at South Korea'' then you have nothing.

I blame myself really, by now I should know better than to get into these circular, never ending conversations with you where you refuse to expand on your mindless sound bites and tired old cliches and resort to name calling instead.

I'll leave the last word to you so you can feel like you won and make a hasty withdrawal before Chaz arrives to slap our wrists for making it personal.

Make it a good one or everyone will know who has lost...

Edited by Iceni warrior

4 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

Already debunked due to the lack of testing capacity, have one more go I'm feeling charitable.

Not debunked. You can still test people and isolate the sick, with less tests, it doesn't work as well it does with more tests, but it still works dummy. Killing the economy on the other hand, is not an effective measure, and has tons of downsides, it's simply a placeholder plan because you don't have a real one and are panicking as a result.

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Not debunked. You can still test people and isolate the sick, with less tests, it doesn't work as well it does with more tests, but it still works dummy. Killing the economy on the other hand, is not an effective measure, and has tons of downsides, it's simply a placeholder plan because you don't have a real one and are panicking as a result.

Maybe if they started 3 weeks ago. 

It's too late for that now. The virus is spreading faster than testing can even track. 

It's actually the point where testing is irrelevant, you really only have the infrastructure to test people with symptoms. 

If we were proactive and tested people on mass before they even got symptoms, then maybe these measures could have been averted. 

5 minutes ago, Boges said:

Maybe if they started 3 weeks ago. 

It's too late for that now. The virus is spreading faster than testing can even track. 

It's actually the point where testing is irrelevant, you really only have the infrastructure to test people with symptoms. 

If we were proactive and tested people on mass before they even got symptoms, then maybe these measures could have been averted. 

Even if your assessment is correct, that still doesn't make economy killing measures a good idea. Testing allows them to identify those with symptoms who have it, so they can be isolated from those who don't, that's still meaningful, even if that's all they can do.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Even if your assessment is correct, that still doesn't make economy killing measures a good idea.

It's the only way to stop the spread of the virus. 

Testing doesn't stop spreading the virus if someone already has symptoms. If they have symptoms they should already be self-quarantining. But we know people can be infectious several days before getting symptoms, and some don't show symptoms at all. 

In the US now, people are actually doing the cost benefit analysis of thousands of deaths vs keeping businesses closed for a few weeks. It's astonishing. 

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

It's the only way to stop the spread of the virus.

No it isn't. The only way you can pretend it's a good idea, is to pretend like the only alternative is to let people die. Without an idiotic strawman and a false dichotomy, your entire case falls apart.

Edited by Yzermandius19

No it isn't. The only way you can pretend it's a good idea, is to pretend like that is the case, if people didn't believe that nonsense, it would never sell.

Your only alternative is to look at the South Korean model. With that model testing was rampant before the virus got out of hand. 

The horse has left the barn in North America. Testing won't stop the spread. 

This Repub talking point is going to get a lot of people killed. AND their base are the prime candidates for death. 

4 minutes ago, Boges said:

Your only alternative is to look at the South Korean model. With that model testing was rampant before the virus got out of hand. 

The horse has left the barn in North America. Testing won't stop the spread. 

This Repub talking point is going to get a lot of people killed. AND their base are the prime candidates for death. 

No it's a Democrat talking point that the Republicans want to get a lot of people killed, this is a ridiculous characterization so their dumb plan seems more palatable than it really is. The Republicans are overreacting too, but that isn't good enough for Democrats who want to pretend like anyone who doesn't want to destroy the economy wants everyone to die, just like they call everyone to the right of Fidel Castro a White Supremacist.

If you aren't on board with their extremism, it's because you are evil, the fact that you fall for this bullshit speaks very poorly of you.

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

No it's a Democrat talking point that the Republicans want to get a lot of people killed, this is a ridiculous characterization so their dumb plan seems more palatable than it really is.

You have literally no alternative option at this point. 

Even if they don't take measures like Ontario, California, New York. Hospitality jobs will still remain closed. And if they open, the spread will be even worse. 

No one in North America is going to a restaurant, movie theatre, resort for at least the next two months. And if they do, they're morons. 

3 minutes ago, Boges said:

You have literally no alternative option at this point.

Your imagination just sucks. The only options are knee jerk nanny state options to you, but it's not because those are the only options, it's because you ignore any options that aren't a big government power grab.

Edited by Yzermandius19

17 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Your imagination just sucks. The only options are knee jerk nanny state options to you, but it's not because those are the only options, it's because you ignore any options that aren't a big government power grab.

And yours is non existent. You have no solution to this. 

It's just South Korea, blargggggg!!!

South Korea is physically the size of New Brunswick, has no open land borders and saw the threat immediately. We can't model our response after them at all.

Actually we can, Canada is fairing much better than the US. Testing was available immediately. But the lack of early social distancing has made Italy, France and Spain frighteningly bad. 

There were threats of this virus in early February and you have the likes of Trump downplaying it at every step. 

Edited by Boges

33 minutes ago, Boges said:

And yours is non existent. You have no solution to this. 

It's just South Korea, blargggggg!!!

South Korea is physically the size of New Brunswick, has no open land borders and saw the threat immediately. We can't model our response after them at all.

Actually we can, Canada is fairing much better than the US. Testing was available immediately. But the lack of early social distancing has made Italy, France and Spain frighteningly bad. 

There were threats of this virus in early February and you have the likes of Trump downplaying it at every step. 

You have no solution to this other than destroy the economy, even if I had no plan, that's still better than yours.

No Plan > Counter-Productive Plan

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 minutes ago, dialamah said:

@Yzermandius19 - do you stand with Mr. Patrick, willing to give your life to lessen the impact to the economy?  Are you, personally, willing to pledge the lives of your parents, grandparents, siblings, children to the economy?  

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/24/us/coronavirus-texas-patrick-abbott.html

As I already said, destroying the economy doesn't save lives, and more people dying doesn't save the economy, false dichotomy.

Your premise is based on a ridiculous assumption.

Edited by Yzermandius19

As I already said, destroying the economy doesn't save lives, and saving lives doesn't destroy the economy, false dichotomy.

You didn't answer the question:  do you agree with Mr Patrick that its worth your life to "save" the economy.  

Just now, Boges said:

Your assumption is that halting the hospitality sector for a few months will destroy the economy. 

I would disagree with the sentiment that leisure activities are vital to the economy for such a relatively short period of time. 

That is not what I am saying Captain Strawman. Like I said, the only way to make your argument seem good is to compare it to an idiotic strawman with a false dichotomy.

46 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

What are the other options?

Edited by Iceni warrior