Trump Vs Trudeau on Coronavirus

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

That is not what I am saying Captain Strawman. Like I said, the only way to make your argument seem good is to compare it to an idiotic strawman with a false dichotomy.

You know what's a strawman? Claiming any solution will destroy the economy without a single ounce of critical thought applied to that statement. 

The truth of the matter, governments won't have to control this going forward.  

People who aren't Social distancing will now be shamed in the court of public opinion. Ditto with any corporation or business that doesn't play ball. 

Edited by Boges

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

I see that the debate has backed you into a corner of meaningless strawmen to try and make yourself feel smart.

Is that 5 or 6 straight posts where you just say "Strawman". How about you evolve past then same irrelevant talking point. 

Stay home thinking that this is all meaningless and we're destroying the economy. Just know that your opinion is counter-productive and won't do anything to solve any problem. 

29 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Strawman. Giving up other people lives won't save the economy any more than me giving up my life would, your question is irrelevant.

It's your lack of willingness to support your stance with your own personal action.  I think Mr. Patrick is an idiot, but at least he understands enough to know he's wiiling to put lives at risk, including his own.   You are not even that knowledgeable or maybe just not that honest.  Hard to say. 

Of course, both Mr Patrick and yourself might regret "keeping the economy going" if you or a loved one are lying in a hospital hoping there'll be a ventilator for you, all because you or someone you know had to go to work "so the economy could go on". 

It doesn"t matter what Korea, China, UK, Italy, US or any other country did or didn't do in the past.  In the present in Canada, its keeping the numbers of serious covid-19 infections below the level at which our health system can manage them. That means social-distancing and hand-washing, so that millions of us don't become sick and thousands of us die.  Yes, the economy will suffer; oh well.  I'd rather be poor, unemployed and alive than dead with a job and healthy bank account.

You may feel differently, but if you do, stand by it.  Don't weasel out with "My death is irrelevant".  

Edited by dialamah

22 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

A question without a point means you will get no answer. I'm sick of your games Iceni Cannibal, shit or get off the pot.

You accused someone of this...

it's because you ignore any options that aren't a big government power grab.

...asking you what the alternative options are may be pointless in terms of getting an answer but it is not a question without a point.

All you seem to have come up with so far is ''look at South Korea'' which has been debunked due to both insufficient resources to test and testing being closing the stable door after the horse has bolted now for most countries.

If you don't have any alternative options to social distancing and the temporary harm it will do to the economy just say that rather than losing your cool and spouting out cliches and sound bites without substance.

If you are really sick of my ''games'' then stop quoting me with your surrender posts without solutions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boges said:

Y's inability to actually provide any substantive argument to support his opinion should be against forum rules somehow. 

I've known Y for a while now and he's always been like this. He can't back up his soundbites and just ends up getting abusive until you give up, at which point he thinks he has won because he got the last word.

3 minutes ago, Boges said:

Y's inability to actually provide any substantive argument to support his opinion should be against forum rules somehow. 

Boges inability to think of alternatives is not proof that no alternatives exist, it's proof of Boges inability to provide substantive arguments, followed by him projecting his own faults on others and throwing stones from his glass house.

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

Boges inability to think of alternatives is not proof that no alternatives exist, it's proof of Boges inability to provide substantive arguments, followed by him projecting his own faults on others and throwing stones from his glass house.

So we're resorting to "I know you are, but what am I". 

Well done. 

2 minutes ago, Iceni warrior said:

I've known Y for a while now and he's always been like this. He can't back up his soundbites and just ends up getting abusive until you give up, at which point he thinks he has won because he got the last word.

You can't back your shit up, yet you still throw stones from your glass house, and then cry foul when someone throws a stone back.

2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

You can't back your shit up, yet you still throw stones from your glass house, and then cry foul when someone throws a stone back.

The argument that, short of a vaccine, that social distancing is the best solution to this problem is well documented and well reasoned. 

Saying it'll destroy the economy without any factual basis for that is piss poor debating. 

Edited by Boges

1 minute ago, Boges said:

The argument that, short of a vaccine, is the best solution to this problem is well documented and well reasoned. 

Saying it'll destroy the economy without any factual basis for that is piss poor debating. 

20% unemployment sounds like a booming economy to you? The US losing a fifth of it's GDP doesn't sound like destroying the economy? It does from where I am standing. Other countries are cracking down even harder, and doing even more damage than that to themselves. You don't think that's going to result in anyone dying?

Edited by Yzermandius19

6 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I've explained the importance of social distancing and explained why there is no way to avoid damaging the economy until there is a cure or a vaccine. You just keep blathering on about overreach, panic and South Korea without answering any of the difficult questions you are asked or backing up your soundbites.