Trump Vs Trudeau on Coronavirus

33 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

It's fine down here...snug as a bug in a rug.

All those scared Canadian snowbirds scrambling back across the border are your problem.

Delusional Canadians thinking they are going to dodge this somehow

If Washington is saying expect 20% unemployment, that would put Canada in Great Depression territory since unemployment is always higher in Canada.

A petro economy crashing into a petro depression and so far Ottawa's bailout is meh.

Edited by Dougie93

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Delusional Canadians thinking they are going to dodge this somehow, but if Washington is saying expect 20% unemployment, that would put Canada in Great Depression territory since unemployment is always higher in Canada.

Some clearly are delusional....Canada will be in the hurt locker just like the rest of us....and in some ways more.   With a closed border, migrant workers will not be able to work the fields ("stoop labour") for food security.  

11 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Some clearly are delusional....Canada will be in the hurt locker just like the rest of us....and in some ways more.   With a closed border, migrant workers will not be able to work the fields ("stoop labour") for food security.  

This is the event I have been building a war chest for, so Old Glory will continue to fly over this homestead,  even as everything crashes down around me.

15 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

This is the event I have been building a war chest for, so Old Glory will continue to fly over this homestead,  even as everything crashes down around me.

My wife use to laugh at my "prepper" efforts to store food, water, batteries, propane, meds, ammo, and other dry goods over the years, saying I was "paranoid".

She is not laughing any more.

Both Trudeau and Trump sucked the big one on this. Neither took action on time. Neither was proactive. Neither prepared for such an eventuality. Neither one watched what was going on in China and then did anything to get their countries ready for it. Taiwan was already having health care workers board incoming flights from China three weeks before XI even admitted there was a problem. They're currently pumping out ten million new masks a day - A DAY - because they started ramping up production early. Trump and Trudeau are only now starting to talk to industry about doing this.

3 minutes ago, Boges said:

Lol at people thinking their stockpile of canned beans is going to help them if society reverts to survival or the fittest. 

Some of us are armed to the teeth ex-military personnel with decades of operational experience and years to prepare for this

I'm pretty confident in the tall grass when the chips are down,  against all comers.

2 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Some of us are armed to the teeth ex-military personnel with decades of operational experience and years to prepare for this

I'm pretty confident in the tall grass when the chips are down,  against all comers.

Hope you can fend off hundreds of people when people find out your the one with all the food. 

Make that thousands. 

Edited by Boges

Just now, Boges said:

Hope you can fend off hundreds of people when people find out your the one with all the food. 

I could cut a hundred untrained civilians down fast, no problemo, it would be a massacre.  

These people have never been in a contact, the shock & awe will be on their end.

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

No, scared of not having healthcare insurance.

Canada isn't doing any better on a per-capita basis,  and already botched SARS very badly back in 2003.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

28 cases per million vs. 19

And WAAAAAY more deaths. 

Nowhere in Canada has had to resort to shelter in place orders. 

It looks like we have learned from SARS. 

Edited by Boges

1 minute ago, Boges said:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

28 cases per million vs. 19

And WAAAAAY more deaths. 

Nowhere in Canada has had to resort to shelter in place orders. 

Same order of magnitude giving the precision (or lack thereof) in testing.

British Columbia is a hot spot same as Washington state.

Being Canada smug will not work for this epidemic.

10 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

We can go a lot longer than one week...and it won't be misery...it will be fun ! 

This is already fun, I mean, we are living history right now, this is uncharted waters, Well Regulated Militia in the breach like our forefathers before us, Semper Fidelis

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Being Canada smug will not work for this epidemic.

Well Canada is testing more. So the US figures are probably way under the reality. 

That would explain the descrepency in deaths. 

I'll leave the smugness to you. 

Edited by Boges