Welcome Meghan and Harry! The UK Press is Racist AF

Boges

29 minutes ago, Boges said:

Here are some examples of the perceived racism. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/09/opinion/sunday/meghan-markle-prince-harry.html

The one example about Archie detailed here is so egregiously racist. I'm shocked that this fool would ever find work again. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-48212693

So that makes the whole UK press racist?

33 minutes ago, Boges said:

That's the thing about Racism. It's rarely so overt.

But why the double standard from whitbred Kate to Meghan. 

I'm commenting on the Brits because this, otherwise very popular modern couple, has essentially been made to feel unwelcome in the UK. And for what? What did they really do so wrong other than be a mixed race couple. 

And this is 2 for 2 for Americans women being hated by the British. But in Wallis Simpson's case, she was a Nazi sympathizer sooooooo. . . 

Ok, well it’s all very subjective.  Regardless, I couldn’t care less of the plight of two multi millionaires, one born into royalty and one marrying into it.  They’ll be fine.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Shady said:

Ok, well it’s all very subjective.  Regardless, I couldn’t care less of the plight of two multi millionaires, one born into royalty and one marrying into it.  They’ll be fine.

You don't care, yet you're commenting.

This is a big story, especially in Canada where they may go. 

25 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I just don’t get all this British hysteria about every obscure relative of the head of state, and why apparently normal Canadians are getting sucked in as well is utterly beyond me. 

Why do people care about the Kardasians?  Republics still manage to find extraordinarily rich people to care about. It's human nature I guess. 

Having this Ceremonial position seems to have been a net benefit to the Commonwealth.

And, if anything, the family drama keeps people entertained. 

37 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I just don’t get all this British hysteria about every obscure relative of the head of state, and why apparently normal Canadians are getting sucked in as well is utterly beyond me. 

Cost of security for keeping a royal family member in a foreign country safe is not cheap....It’s a hell of a responsibility and headache for canadian government.

3 hours ago, Boges said:

Definitely worse than Kate as exhibited by the examples posted. 

They like Kate. For now. The British press is incredibly snobby. Especially when it comes to the Royals. They're more snobby than the royals themselves. They don't look kindly on Meghan not because of her race but because she's an American and seen as declasse and not understanding the proper behaviour expected of a the British nobility. Kate took her cues quickly and fit in in dress, statements and behaviour. Sarah Ferguson failed to live up to those standards and the press was murderous towards her, especially when she gained a little weight.

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Why do people care about the Kardasians?  Republics still manage to find extraordinarily rich people to care about. It's human nature I guess. 

Having this Ceremonial position seems to have been a net benefit to the Commonwealth.

And, if anything, the family drama keeps people entertained. 

At least people in republics who are stupid enough to follow the antics of silly celebs can replace all the objects of their attention whenever they want. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

8 hours ago, kactus said:

It is exactly the race thing and the colour of her skin that prompted this decision to leave UK for Canada....

You have zero proof of that and you ignore the behaviour of Markle. She is a manipulative shallow narcissist who ridiculed the monarchy from the get go. She is disliked because she is a selfish phony. She ridicules the very role of Princess Anne she does not want to do. She wants to brand the monarchy to make money. She is a whore who wants to whore out her monarchy status. She wants to go back to LA and sel out her royal status in Hollywood to make money for her greedy self. She is ugly in spirit and soul. She married a blood clot.These two spoiled brats are not victims just petulant self entitled brats.

Edited by Rue

3 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

I haven't bumped into either Harry or Meghan....have you?

:lol:

You'd think...at Timmy's or A&W....or somethin'....but nope.

I haven't.  And given Rue's description above  ↑ I'm going to be avoiding the local hangouts for a while...

Edited by bcsapper

20 hours ago, Teena said:

The Queen is a smart lady. To me this is all a set up coming to live in Canada. Big news for sure! Is it a cover up for the royal accused of ties with Epstein? Don't want any more tabloids on that subject. 

Interesting perspective but not far fetched given the pathetic interview Andrew gave to  Emily Maitlis. The guy’s desperate attempt to hide his ties with Epstein was quite telling and quite an embarrassment to the Queen. 

Edited by kactus

18 hours ago, Rue said:

You have zero proof of that and you ignore the behaviour of Markle. She is a manipulative shallow narcissist who ridiculed the monarchy from the get go. She is disliked because she is a selfish phony. She ridicules the very role of Princess Anne she does not want to do. She wants to brand the monarchy to make money. She is a whore who wants to whore out her monarchy status. She wants to go back to LA and sel out her royal status in Hollywood to make money for her greedy self. She is ugly in spirit and soul. She married a blood clot.These two spoiled brats are not victims just petulant self entitled brats.

Even if this true which is questionable as I do not know the background to this. Nevertheless she is the bride to the Royal family and has been subject to racism from day one when she married Prince Harry and became part of the Royal family and all because of her background and her colour of skin...The press in UK is very intrusive. Much more than in US. Prince Harry has had enough of this and understandably like any responsible would chose his wife over his royal family obligations. If she was a white American actress this would not have been the case and she would not be subject to racism. This subject is very sensitive and much talked about in british press.

She wasn't subjected to racism from day one, the Press welcomed her.   I'm generally pro Royal but I don't like what they did to the Queen and how they did it...  I'm disappointed in both of them.

and I sure as hell don't think we should have to pay for their security, but Meghan has allready told us that they are 'internationally protected people' - so there.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7881661/PIERS-MORGAN-playing-despicable-race-card-Meghan-Harry-libeled-Britain.html

Meghan & Harry haven’t been criticism because of her colour but because she’s a selfish social climber & he’s a weak whiner - and by playing this despicable race card they have grossly libelled all of Britain.

markle press.jpg

Edited by scribblet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Iceni warrior said:

What ever the truth of why the couple want to step down from royal duties and leave the UK you know it must be serious if they'd rather move to Canada in January.

I have never been to Canada so I don't know what it is like  there. Colder than Finland I guess. Must be as it is +5C now here in Finland and it is the middle of January. 

However, I trust Canada is a much nicer place to live in than the UK. Not that it takes much to achieve that.

Edited by -TSS-

15 hours ago, kactus said:

Even if this true which is questionable as I do not know the background to this. Nevertheless she is the bride to the Royal family and has been subject to racism from day one when she married Prince Harry and became part of the Royal family and all because of her background and her colour of skin...The press in UK is very intrusive. Much more than in US. Prince Harry has had enough of this and understandably like any responsible would chose his wife over his royal family obligations. If she was a white American actress this would not have been the case and she would not be subject to racism. This subject is very sensitive and much talked about in british press.

Wrong. White Americans ladies marrying into the Royal Family got it far worse than Markle ever did. Wallis Simpson knows. Just because Meghan is half black doesn't mean that's why the press is critical of her.

Edited by Yzermandius19