Trudeau/Bill Blair . . . . gun control.

6 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

The projections assume current trends will continue into the future for an extended period of time, but they won't. Economic projections back in the 80's said that Japan would be the new Hegemon, how did that work out? All these claims of the Asians taking over and the US being doomed to be overtaken by them are nonsense.

China's economy has already slowed down significantly, and the growth rates that if they continue for decades will see them surpassing the US are completely unsustainable just like they were in Japan. China already cannot maintain them, they are not ten feet tall, you simply lack perspective and are easily fooled by projections.

Never mind that he fails to even grasp the source of American wealth and power, there is no Flight to Quality to tyrannical China nor dysfunctional India

Neither China nor India are an Hegemony, King Dollar rules them as well.

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Never mind that he fails to even grasp the source of American wealth and power, there is no Flight to Quality to tyrannical China nor dysfunctional India

Neither China nor India are an Hegemony, King Dollar rules them as well.

He thinks slavery is superior to flight to quality, when flight to quality never flows to the slavers. Slavery is not a strength, it is a crippling weakness, the Confederacy knows, but Moonlight Graham does not apparently.

It is relatively easy for second or third worlders to pull themselves out of poverty with King Dollar propping them up, but another thing entirely to surpass America as the hegemon, don't be fooled by high growth rates of poor countries and assume they are destined to rule the world, pro tip.

Edited by Yzermandius19

7 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

He thinks slavery is superior to flight to quality, when flight to quality never flows to the slavers. Slavery is not a strength, it is a crippling weakness, the Confederacy knows, but Moonlight Graham does not apparently.

It is relatively easy for second or third worlders to pull themselves out of poverty with King Dollar propping them up, but another thing entirely to surpass America as the hegemon, don't be fooled by high growth rates of poor countries and assume they are destined to rule the world, pro tip.

Sheer mass in of itself is no particular strength, Chinese and Indian demographics are a burden not a boon, a huge mass of people living without effective rule of law, big whoop

5 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

America is a religion, you've got to have faith, trust in the Lord, no fears on Earth.

God didn't create the USA, didn't make it a hegemon.  Demographics and time, plus geography.  That's the difference between the USA vs Britain, France, Germany, Spain, Canada, Russia etc.  I believe in evidence and reason and the laws of physics, not faith or destiny.  The math isn't on our side.

Western civilization is dying. Decaying from the inside, then conquered from the outside.  Nuclear weapons can't defend against population decline and ideological decay.  The only way to win is to throw our cell phones in the trash and grab your mate and start f**king...and pumping out a lot of kids.  A billion or so.

Women want to work, we won't convince them otherwise.  So fellas, better buy yourself an apron.

3 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

God didn't create the USA, didn't make it a hegemon.  Demographics and time, plus geography.  That's the difference between the USA vs Britain, France, Germany, Spain, Canada, Russia etc.  I believe in evidence and reason and the laws of physics, not faith or destiny.  The math isn't on our side.

Western civilization is dying. Decaying from the inside, then conquered from the outside.  Nuclear weapons can't defend against population decline and ideological decay.  The only way to win is to throw our cell phones in the trash and grab your mate and start f**king...and pumping out a lot of kids.  A billion or so.

Women want to work, we won't convince them otherwise.  So fellas, better buy yourself an apron.

Kay.

20 hours ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Military members . . . . .what do you think of an unarmed Canadian public?  It seems we are headed in that direction a degree at a time.  Is the backlash militia groups as seen in the US? Are the US militia groups comprised of mostly right-wing, libertarian, Republican, Conservative type folks?  Are these types the ones that made their countries great?

Too many questions . . .  

The public is always going to be armed in some form or another, be it a hunting rifle or wpns buried in the back yard....besides it does not matter how many rounds your magazine holds or the rate of fire, it was once the basic infantry standard to fire 12 rounds a minute from a bolt action rifle...thats with 3 x 5 round  mags reloads , all well aimed shots...its always about the shooter, never about the wpn...

I think there are more than just militia groups out there that will be effected by a ban.....they  should be in the same group of fire arms owners as , preppers, survivalists, they just want to be prepared for the next event...and they believe it is coming soon most spend a lot of money doing it, it is multi bil industries....with a huge lobby group as well ....the other group would be your collectors, and competitors who do it for a hobby, and then hunters.... they are all made up of many different people from all walks of live from all political spectrums left wing and right wing keep in mind these groups comprise of millions in the states and thousands in Canada, everyone has some sort of interest..to keep fire arms legal. 

we also have to remember that those days when this country was being built wpns were a way of life, you needed one to survive  most were armed for some form of reason, lots of bad guys and lots of wild nature as well, lack of police or law enforcement ...today I think it comes down to being prepared, and if your not into that so be it, but should we restrict fire arms No I don't think so.... ...like an insurance policy...I Personal don't own a hand gun or an assault wpn,  but the rifles I do have are accurate out to past 400 meters, don't get we wrong if I could afford one, I would get one. but in this point in my life, I'm not going to be doing that many section attacks against a dug in enemy... 

every year Drinking and driving have killed more people than fire arms has in Canada , at one time 4 people a day, for every day of the year...but we don't ban booze...it's only a tool, it's the tool using it that is dangerous.... 

https://madd.ca/pages/impaired-driving/overview/statistics/

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Maybe they should name our public schools after fallen soldiers rather than dead Prime Ministers.

While i disagree with them I can't hate the people who don't respect the military.  They're utopian do-gooders that don't like violence, this is what they've been taught, this is what i was taught, they're ignorant and think they're doing right.  They just don't realize that sometimes violence is needed when other people out there are willing and waiting to commit violence against you to advance their interests.  Same reason we need police...the wolves are out there waiting for their moment to strike and we need someone to protect us from them.

I don't hate them, and in a strange way I do respect them, Ok I have been known to call them dirty civvies, or tree huggers, but then again there is reality and  there is to many men ("humankind" for you liberals out there) that think violence is the only way, and in some way they (dirty civvies, tree huggers) put a little balance in this world.  

20 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

I don't hate them, and in a strange way I do respect them, Ok I have been known to call them dirty civvies, or tree huggers, but then again there is reality and  there is to many men ("humankind" for you liberals out there) that think violence is the only way, and in some way they (dirty civvies, tree huggers) put a little balance in this world. 

Hate and resentment will only end up harming yourself.  Reacting with strong negative emotions towards the opinions of others only suppresses the logical part of your brain needed to analyze and see things clearly.  It also creates division and more hatred.  Division and hatred only creates problems, it doesn't solve problems.  Logic and reason solves problems.

Tree hugging lefties see half the beauty and negatively in this world, while conservatives see the other half.  If you can see all of the beauty and negativity, you can finally see the truth.  Yin and yang.  Seek balance, do not veer to the extremes, unless searching for balance.

brand.gif?itok=mKg9gHnz

And while all this talk could turn into a massive kumbaya session, with everyone hugging and drinking tequila ,  Man has not evolved to the point where we can not live without violence...the strong will always pray on the weak... we do it to our own people, just think what we are capable of doing to others, even in modern times, like concentration camps found in Yugoslavia during that conflict , like we never learned anything from WWII, or Afghanistan where a bunch of men that skinned an old man of his most of his skin  to exposed flesh and muscle then staked him out on the ground to bake in the morning sun, his only crime was giving us directions to the next town..... lots of sick mother truckers out there, and while they will be judged by god after their death, someone has to arrange that meeting...it also completes the yin and yang circle...

I actually bought my AR out of a sense of patriotic duty, to support Colt Canada in Kitchener, the arsenal of the Canadian Forces.

That Canada would now punish me for that only intensifies my sense of betrayal seething resentment for this fake country and what it fails to stand up for.

Edited by Dougie93

On 12/13/2019 at 10:12 PM, Moonlight Graham said:

Same reason we need police...the wolves are out there waiting for their moment to strike and we need someone to protect us from them.

How do we protect ourselves from the retaliation that comes when our side's wolves become too predatory for our good?

Never mind if you don't understand what I mean by our side's wolves. 

Edited by eyeball

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 2:21 PM, Dougie93 said:

You worry too much.  America will remain the global Hegemon,  India and China are sworn enemies who will cancel each other out.

Actually China may not be as strong as we think it is but to be as oblivious as you are as to its potential to start or engage in a war against the West is naïve. It could and we should be prepared for a Muslim-Chinese alliance in a war. That scenario is a distinct possibly. China is on the verge of a civil war and to offset it,  it may choose a war lashing out at the West to distract from its problems and unite its people. I also do not underestimate a war in the South China seas. I am glad you laugh off China that easily. Some of us consider them a dangerous unstable element.

25 minutes ago, Rue said:

Actually China may not be as strong as we think it is but to be as oblivious as you are as to its potential to start or engage in a war against the West is naïve. It could and we should be prepared for a Muslim-Chinese alliance in a war. That scenario is a distinct possibly. China is on the verge of a civil war and to offset it,  it may choose a war lashing out at the West to distract from its problems and unite its people. I also do not underestimate a war in the South China seas. I am glad you laugh off China that easily. Some of us consider them a dangerous unstable element.

America maintains sufficient forces to deter and if necessary defeat China, they are not even close to being a match for the United States, 

China is being vastly overrated by civilians on social media,  they couldn't even defeat Japan never mind America.   

Frankly,I don't think Canadians are expert on these matters at all, Canadians are not even capable of maintaining a functioning military.

The Muslim-Chinese Alliance War ?    Yeah, okay, whatever there,  Canader, thanks for your concern.

Canadians lecturing America about military affairs is amusing, but Canadians should worry about their own total lack of national security methinks,

Put your big boy pants on Canada, or stay in your unmartial peacenik lane.

If anything, America should jettison free rider Canada and leave it to the mercy of Beijing, that would be just desserts.

Edited by Dougie93

7 minutes ago, Rue said:

If you say so. I think however Tibet,  India, Australia, South Korea, Indonesia, Japan, the Philippines, New Zealand, Taiwan, Vietnam  would disagree with you. 

India, Australia,  New Zealand, Taiwan and Vietnam can be of use to America as Non NATO Military Allies, as opposed to free rider Canada which is worse than useless.

Again, who are Canadians to be lecturing others about military affairs ?  When it comes to all things military, Canada is laughably feeble.

Edited by Dougie93

Nothing is more laughable than weak as a kitten Canada lecturing the most powerful military Hegemon on Earth about underestimating the need for military forces.

This is what Canadians are all about now, talking a big game about things they know nothing about while never putting their money where their mouths are

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rue said:

Actually China may not be as strong as we think it is but to be as oblivious as you are as to its potential to start or engage in a war against the West is naïve. It could and we should be prepared for a Muslim-Chinese alliance in a war.

It's more likely they would allie themselves with the Russians.

20 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

India, Australia,  New Zealand, Taiwan and Vietnam can be of use to America as Non NATO Military Allies, as opposed to free rider Canada which is worse than useless.

Again, who are Canadians to be lecturing others about military affairs ?  When it comes to all things military, Canada is laughably feeble.

The issue about who is Canada to lecture others about military affairs is a distinct issue and I agree the current Prime Minister has zero credibility in regard to that topic. The current leader waxed poetic about how he admired China anyways. This is someone who thinks everyone loves him.

Bottom line is I could care less about Trudeau. What I am arguing is China is a military threat and the US if we are on the topic carries way more than its weight in the South China seas balancing China and we under-estimate the cost to the US to have to constantly upgrade its military to counter China and that the US does and so to say China is not a threat to the US is not the case. It is a direct threat to US overseas interests and always has been. Its a direct threat to all Western nations. We all rely on the US to balance it as we always have. Taiwan, South Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, the Philippines, Australia, New Zealand and Japan are directly threatened by China. China invaded and illegally seized Vietnamese offshore territory and oil. It invaded and illegally violated Indonesian waters.  It protects and enables North Korea. It is currently in a state of conflict with both Japan and Taiwan over territory and the very existence of Taiwan let alone its desire to take over specific Japanese islands it does not recognize.

Due to Trump's instability, traditional US allies at this point can't rely on the US anymore than NATO can.

As for Trudeau he enables China to bully Canada. Our country wants an effeminate foreign policy and that is what they have.

15 minutes ago, Rue said:

Due to Trump's instability, traditional US allies at this point can't rely on the US anymore than NATO can.

That's not America's problem.   The United States military has all the capability required to deter and if necessary defeat the People's Liberation Army, without NATO nor Canada.

NATO's mandate does not even extend into the Pacific, so you seem to lack the knowledge to even discuss this topic cogently.

America has many Non NATO Military Allies (NNMA) through bilateral agreement, NATO is neither here nor there, it's been obsolete since 1989.

Again, this is typically unmartial Canadian civilians who are utterly divorced from military affairs, going on and on about things they don't understand.

Edited by Dougie93

20 hours ago, Argus said:

It's more likely they would allie themselves with the Russians.

China now has good relations with Saudi Arabia and Egypt and is tight with Pakistan and Iran and yes right now at this time, allied with Russia which is allied with Turkey. China  is allied with both Iran and Saudi Arabia and it  has a naval alliance with Israel. It plays with who it needs. Russia right now serves its interests for gas and oil. I see a Russia-China-Turkey-Iran alliance with Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Israel being placated by Russia and China at this time who are promising to keep Turkey and Iran from bothering them. I think however, this  Russia-China-Turkey-Iran alliance, is a direct threat to Israel, the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, and Western Asian allies as well as India. That all said, and back to gun control, I think the major problem is hand guns not assault rifles in Canada. In the US is appears to be a different set of conditions. We already have gun control that they would never agree to but from what I understand you can easily convert a legal rifle to an auto assault rifle anyways.

Edited by Rue