Trudeau/Bill Blair . . . . gun control.

3 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Nope, the leftists in America are going nowhere,  America will remain the Hegemon.

Until China catches up, and then surpasses the US.  300 million and a modestly growing economy vs 1.3 billion and a skyrocketing economy.  The US has no chance.  It just comes down to demographics and time.  Better brush up on your mandarin.

5 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Until China catches up, and then surpasses the US.  300 million and a modestly growing economy vs 1.3 billion and a skyrocketing economy.  The US has no chance.  It just comes down to demographics and time.  Better brush up on your mandarin.

Canadians of course dream of America getting its comeuppance because they resent America and its total dominance over Canada,

"The US has no chance, blah, blah" butt hurt

Stop being silly, Canader.

Edited by Dougie93

10 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Not the case, it's a command economy same as the USSR, the illusion of capitalism is a facade, there's nothing which is actually private in China.

They will implode by fiscal and economic crisis.

It's not communist and certainly not the same as USSR.  It's a developmental state.  It's capitalist with a very strong guiding hand by the state.  They won't repeat the mistakes of the Soviets.  They started opening their economy 40 years ago because it was going down the same road:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developmental_state

"Developmental state, or hard state, is a term used by international political economy scholars to refer to the phenomenon of state-led macroeconomic planning in East Asia in the late 20th century. In this model of capitalism (sometimes referred to as state development capitalism), the state has more independent, or autonomous, political power, as well as more control over the economy. A developmental state is characterized by having strong state intervention, as well as extensive regulation and planning."

Edited by Moonlight Graham

Just now, Moonlight Graham said:

It's not communist and certainly not the same as USSR.  It's a developmental state.  It's capitalist with a very strong guiding hand by the state.  They won't repeat the mistakes of the Soviets.  They started opening their economy 40 years ago because it was going down the same road:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developmental_state

Yes, of course, that's why they've built entire cities which are empty ghost towns, it's developmental phase on the path to collapse.

7 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Canadians of course dream of America getting its comeuppance because they resent America and its total dominance over Canada, "The US has no chance, blah, blah, butt hurt"

Dude, I WANT the US to win.  I want them to kick China's azz.  I hold no resentment towards the US.  If I'm going to support a hegemon, I'm going to support the one that is allied with my country and supports my interests.  I'm not suicidal. F*** China.

Dude, I WANT the US to win.  I want them to kick China's azz.  I hold no resentment towards the US.  If I'm going to support a hegemon, I'm going to support the one that is allied with my country and supports my interests.  I'm not suicidal. F*** China.

Then there is no reason for you to propagate the nonsense that China is ten feet tall and destined to supplant America as the global Hegemon, because that's not going to happen.

China is a basket case which is only propped up by King Dollar, same as the Soviets were.

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Yes, of course, that's why they've built entire cities which are empty ghost towns, it's developmental phase on the path to collapse.

They could accidentally kill 300 million of their own people via dumb decisions and still have 1 billion hard working slaves of the state ready to work and fight and die.  We have spoiled slackers addicted to Netflix and offended by mean words.  I've been practising how to use chop sticks.

Then there is no reason for you to propagate the nonsense that China is ten feet tall and destined to supplant America as the global Hegemon, because that's not going to happen.

I'm not telling you what I want to happen, I'm telling you what I fear will happen.

The West better get pro-America and anti-China real quick.  You don't know what you got til it's gone.

1 minute ago, Moonlight Graham said:

They could accidentally kill 300 million of their own people via dumb decisions and still have 1 billion hard working slaves of the state ready to work and fight and die.  We have spoiled slackers addicted to Netflix and offended by mean words.  I've been practising how to use chop sticks.

The Communist Party is quite obviously not that sanguine about it, the signs of panic are everywhere, they are cracking down on their own, that's not a sign of strength.

I'm not telling you what I want to happen, I'm telling you what I fear will happen.

The West better get pro-America and anti-China real quick.  You don't know what you got til it's gone.

America is perfectly capable of carrying on business as usual with half the world as its sworn enemy, that was the Cold War, been there, done that, it's nothing to panic about.

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

China's present retrenchment into Stalinism is not a sign of strength, Beijing is panicking because they know they are losing control.

Are they going towards Stalinism or towards Hitlerism?  They don't even have a cult hero like Hitler, they just worship the state and Mao's dead mug and the almightly capitalist machine that's making them rich.  They have manifest destiny.

My friend who is in university says all the foreign Chinese transfer students support the Chinese gov because it's making China strong.  Just like the Russians who support Putin, and Germans who supported Hitler.

Are they going towards Stalinism or towards Hitlerism?  They don't even have a cult hero like Hitler, they just worship the state and Mao's dead mug and the almightly capitalist machine that's making them rich.  They have manifest destiny.

My friend who is in university says all the foreign Chinese transfer students support the Chinese gov because it's making China strong.  Just like the Russians who support Putin, and Germans who supported Hitler.

They are not the NSDAP.    If you think the Chinese are the Nazis, then you don't know the Nazis.

7 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

America is perfectly capable of carrying on business as usual with half the world as its sworn enemy, that was the Cold War, been there, done that, it's nothing to panic about.

Start panicking.  Look at the projections.  Let's all hope what you're saying occurs.  If it does, it may only be a setback.  Demographics and time:

They are not the NSDAP.    If you think the Chinese are the Nazis, then you don't know the Nazis.

The Chinese are the Chinese.  Nazi Stalinist Maoist mofos who will do anything to achieve their "destined" global domination.  Americans better start having babies or import educated South Asians.  1.2 billion of them to choose from.

India and China are the future.  Just look on the streets of Canada's cities too.  Demographics and time.

3 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Hard working slaves do not a Hegemon make. America became the hegemon by doing away with slavery, China employing a slavery based model of government central planning is a sign they will never surpass the US as long as that is the case. Slavery is not a strength, I don't know why you seem to think that it is, it actually holds the Chinese back significantly.

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 hours ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Start panicking.  Look at the projections.  Let's all hope what you're saying occurs.  If it does, it may only be a setback.  Demographics and time:

The projections assume current trends will continue into the future for an extended period of time, but they won't. Economic projections back in the 80's said that Japan would be the new Hegemon, how did that work out? All these claims of the Asians taking over and the US being doomed to be overtaken by them are nonsense.

China's economy has already slowed down significantly, and the growth rates that if they continue for decades will see them surpassing the US are completely unsustainable just like they were in Japan. China already cannot maintain them, they are not ten feet tall, you simply lack perspective and are easily fooled by projections.

Edited by Yzermandius19