Andrew Scheer needs to go.

Argus

Personally I want him gone. He has failed to make any kind of connection with Canadians. Despite Trudeau having a very low approval rating, despite his lies and ridiculous screwups with costumes, despite his corruption over SNC Lavalin, Mr. Dressup still polled higher than Scheer among Canadians.

Scheer failed to demonstrate strength or self-confidence. He was unable to defend his Socon views, or deal with any other hard questions without looking like a deer in the headlights and squirming all over the place to avoid answering straight questions. He also moved the party to the Left, abandoning virtually all conservative views and values because, evidently, he had no idea how to defend them, much less explain them and persuade others to his views.

The platform itself was a mishmash of vote-buying mini-policies with no coherent vision. There was nothing of substance beyond the energy corridor, and no specifics on how to grow Canada's economy, or how to address longstanding issues Canadians care about like Health Care. When he did speak about things, like the border mess, he offered up only vague promises with no specifics. Even conservatives have failed to warm to him. I've seen virtually zero enthusiasm for the guy (or for the platform) among conservatives.

Time for him to move aside.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Argus said:

DELETED RE-COPIED OPENING POST

I would assume that now that he's had his shot, somebody else will replace him at some point soon.  Probably in the new year.  

Edited by Charles Anthony
deleted re-copied Opening Post

It's time to have new leader!

With all the scandal attached to Trudeau, the Conservative party should be sweeping a majority with no problem - and yet, it was so excruciatingly painful watching Scheer in his campaign!  I ended up changing the channel when he's on!   

All his strategists should be booted out!  I'm not surprised he had a hard time.  He came out looking so weak!

There's no fire in that man's belly!

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shady said:

I would assume that now that he's had his shot, somebody else will replace him at some point soon.  Probably in the new year.  

I"m very much afraid he will try to stay on. There is a mandatory leadership review six months after an election loss, and I think he and his allies will try to suggest that because he picked up seats and has only had two years he should be given a second chance.

• Like 1

1) Harper wasn't turfed after only reducing the AdScam weakened Martin Liberals to a Minority in 2004. Conservative leaders should get two elections unless they get trounced. 

2) But will you trust a faction of the CPC to stop electing people because of their views on Social Issues? 

Edited by Boges

Who would replace him, I can't think of anyone right now other than Lisa Rait who lost her seat.   Could we get Rona Ambrose back?

Voting for Trudeau has indicated that Canadians condone his many unethical and corrupt actions, it would also indicate that we feel undeserving of better leadership.  It is concerning that even though all these lies and deceit have been clearly shown, this guy can win, even a minority.   This morning he says he has a 'clear mandate'...   no surprise such a narcissistic idiot would think that.

Canada is lost, #Wexit is trending

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cannucklehead said:

The problem with pc is not so much Scheer.  The main problem is they keep promising to cut taxes and they deliver by screwing us all.  

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  

If the liberals would maintain balanced budgets, there would be no need for the PC to cut everything in order to control out of control deficits … Justin gang of lairs and thieves are printing money like it does not matter, one day when those greedy leftist finally find out that we do infact have a massive debt and money does not grow on trees the better we all will be....

27 minutes ago, scribblet said:

Who would replace him, I can't think of anyone right now other than Lisa Rait who lost her seat.   Could we get Rona Ambrose back?

Personally I think Pierre Poilievre would do a good job. I watch quite a bit of QP and he's as sharp and cutting as a scalpel, a very intelligent man. Give Michelle Rempel some more time to become a little more seasoned and she'd be great as well.

Just now, AngusThermopyle said:

Personally I think Pierre Poilievre would do a good job. I watch quite a bit of QP and he's as sharp and cutting as a scalpel, a very intelligent man. Give Michelle Rempel some more time to become a little more seasoned and she'd be great as well.

Forgot about him...   you are right...   4 years from now maybe..     

6 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

If the liberals would maintain balanced budgets, there would be no need for the PC to cut everything in order to control out of control deficits … Justin gang of lairs and thieves are printing money like it does not matter, one day when those greedy leftist finally find out that we do infact have a massive debt and money does not grow on trees the better we all will be....

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/blogs/federal-deficits-in-canada-another-view

So I guess Harper was a lib in 2009? 

6 minutes ago, Cannucklehead said:

Did we forget that everyone and his dog want stimulus spending , I guess we did... Justin is on track to blow by those records in this mandate....hey don't worry budget will balance itself....once our grand kids get a hold of it....

9 hours ago, Shady said:

Harper had his shot... and then he was replaced by Harper 2.0. Are we going to have Harper 3.0 next?

20 minutes ago, -1=e^ipi said:

Harper had his shot... and then he was replaced by Harper 2.0. Are we going to have Harper 3.0 next?

I don’t know what you mean by Harper had his shot.  He won back to back majority governments.  He had his shot and won.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Shady said:

I don’t know what you mean by Harper had his shot.  He won back to back majority governments.  He had his shot and won.

Had no lasting impact, he did nothing to reshape the country, he changed nothing, he moved nothing to the right, soon the Liberals were back driving things to the far left again.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Had no lasting impact, he did nothing to reshape the country, he changed nothing, he moved nothing to the right, soon the Liberals were back driving things to the far left again.

That’s not true.  It’s not his fault Trudeau reversed much of it.  Like the change in the age of old age security.  Harper increased it to reflect changes in like expectancy, but Trudeau lowered it back down.  Majority governments can do that.  There’s no such thing as permanent legislation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boges said:

BTW, how would the CPC be stupid enough to replace their leader in a minority parliament? Petulant JT would call a snap election for the week of the convention. 

No he wouldn't. The CPC would simply speed up the process and the election wouldn't happen beforehand. The media propaganda would have no time to attack his potential opponent, it would backfire spectacularly. He needs months of demonization of the Conservative leader at least, or it's way too risky.

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

No he wouldn't. The CPC would simply speed up the process and the election wouldn't happen beforehand. The media propaganda would have no time to attack his potential opponent, it would backfire spectacularly.

And the electorate would have no time to care about who they'd stand to vote for. 

1 minute ago, Boges said:

And the electorate would have no time to care about who they'd stand to vote for. 

So, it would be referendum on Trudeau calling a snap election to try to exploit that, he'd be better off waiting until the media machine can run their name through the mud, and he knows it. Random Conservative Blank Slate vs Trudeau trying to exploit a change in leadership, bad juju.

Edited by Yzermandius19