Max Bernier tore it up in the CBC debate

13 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I disagree. May has a folksy charm for those willing to see it. Her remark was typical of her style. 

Okay. I disagree :) She also thinks Sheer will never be PM. But she will? 

Is it her style also to apologize for her Christian beliefs? Because she just did that recently in an interview. I guess I don't like May's folksy charm and style. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Trudeau pissing away votes in Quebec to virtue signal about Bill 21 is pretty hilarious and politically inept. 

Yeah it was wimpy virtue-signalling too. Totally on the fence, but at the same time leaving the door open to one day maybe take a stance.

I AM THE MAMBY-PAMBY WARRIORRRRRRR??RRR!

59 minutes ago, Rue said:

Wow you like beards do you......me I think Elizabeth May was hot. Wow. Did you see her wave when she came in?

I was indifferent to his beard. I was impressed by his relatability. He seemed the most normal, despite the unusual religious garb.

5 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

He should have dumped the beard and turban some time ago. We’re not that woke yet. 

I view it as HIM not being woke yet.  I don't mind Singh or his beard and turban except for:  I have a bit of an issue with someone as young as he is and apparently well-educated and he believes a sky daddy is intently life-or-death interested in the length of his hair. When you believe absurdities......as they say.

I feel like our choices are the Christian extremist, the Sikh extremist or the Islamic extremist.

Edited by Goddess
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

I disagree. May has a folksy charm for those willing to see it. Her remark was typical of her style. 

Folksy charm might get you 1-4% of the vote, but that is countered by her own irrational, angry shtick that she uses to resonate with the SJWs that make up her base. 

If she ever became a serious contender the fact that she's intent on blowing up the economy would come out front and center in debates.

16 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

But do you want to split the conservative vote?  If he was the Conservative leader, Trudeau wouldn’t stand a chance.  

The most true statement of the night was when Elizabeth May told Scheer it's two weeks to the election and he is NOT going to be prime minister.

He's made no impression on Canadians. He's not been able to widen the party's support at all. He's boring. He's perceived as weak. His party has a boring, nothing platform.

Splitting the conservative vote does not matter.

15 hours ago, DFCaper said:

I thought Singh won the Debate by a long stretch!

Trudeau was terrible.  Surprised he basically said he was going to challenge Bill 21.

Trudeau does not have the courage to say any such thing. He said it's 'not off the table', if I recall. He will make no commitment until the vote is over.

Singh attacked Bernier for daring to want to lower immigration, but he won't say boo about Quebec lowering immigration. An anglo who wants lower immigration is hateful and xenophobic, but it's okay if you're French.

2 hours ago, Teena said:

I laughed when Singh told Benier he shouldn't be there. Singh's comments to Bernier about his views being bad for Canada shows a difference in Singh's beliefs that an immigration policy that brings in as many of his culture to this country and Bernier 's views which is to Make Canada Great Again !

Watch when they have the next French debate and how quiet Singh will get when Quebec's bill 21 - which does what Bernier wants and much more - is talked about. You can be sure he won't act sanctimonious and call Quebecers names then. Oh no! He'll be respectful of their views even if he disagrees (very mildly)!

18 hours ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Wow, he absolutely wrecked every candidate one after one, attack after attack. Mumbling Trudeau was absolutely hammered.

I underestimated the charisma and intelligence of Bernier.

He's really a threat to the establishment it seems.

Bernier was the winner....but of course, no media would even come close to saying that!

Lol.  I particularly loved that moment when he got Trudeau stumped with his 6%.

I love it too when Bernier questioned Singh's so-called diversity stance and yet Singh can't abide any differences in opinion! 

Singh is just another liar when he said Bernier was inciting hatred with his platform.   Either that, or Singh has problems understanding English!

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

I view it as HIM not being woke yet.  I don't mind Singh or his beard and turban except for:  I have a bit of an issue with someone as young as he is and apparently well-educated and he believes a sky daddy is intently life-or-death interested in the length of his hair. When you believe absurdities......as they say.

I feel like our choices are the Christian extremist, the Sikh extremist or the Islamic extremist.

I don't care much about the beard but I care that as a guy born in Canada he's spent much of his adult life working on behalf of Indian Sikh separatists and terrorists and working for Sikhs to somehow separate from India and establish their own country in the Punjab. Scheer might have American citizenship but it's Singh whose patriotism I question.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Doesn't matter what he'll do, because he can't stop bill 21, no matter what he does.

He could if he was PM. And if he thinks wanting to cut down immigration is racist and xenophobic when Bernier proposes it let him show the balls to say the same thing to Quebec's government and people. Otherwise he's just a sanctimonious virtue-signalling hypocrite.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

He could if he was PM. And if he thinks wanting to cut down immigration is racist and xenophobic when Bernier proposes it let him show the balls to say the same thing to Quebec's government and people. Otherwise he's just a sanctimonious virtue-signalling hypocrite.

If he was PM, he still can't do shit, if he even tried, Quebec will simply do an end around and invoke the Notwithstanding Clause. He literally has zero ability to stop them, trying to stop them would simply be sanctimonious virtue-signaling with zero chance of success.

Edited by Yzermandius19

9 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

Jagmeet was awesome. He came across as the only grown-up in the room.

I agree , I think he conducted himself as he should have like a leader, he was clear, concise and confident...And while we both know he will not be PM , I think his good performance hurts liberals and benefits Cons.... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

I was indifferent to his beard. I was impressed by his relatability. He seemed the most normal, despite the unusual religious garb.

Lol. I dunno what's up with that shape of turban. I live in Surrey and I see 100 turbans a day - no one wears it like that. I'd love to see him wear a blue one like that on Hallowe'en and go as Marg.

5 hours ago, Argus said:

I don't care much about the beard but I care that as a guy born in Canada he's spent much of his adult life working on behalf of Indian Sikh separatists and terrorists and working for Sikhs to somehow separate from India and establish their own country in the Punjab. 

It's pretty weird how many of our top 6 politicians have close-to-the-heart ties with terrorism.

Trudeau lets islamic state terrorists walk around to "be powerful voices against radicalization", he paid Khadr, stopped bombing isis, let a convicted terrorist keep his citizenship even though he came here under false pretences, chums with J Boyle, refused to acknowledge that islamic state was committing genocide, won't say islamic state or ISIL or ISIS which is what they call themselves - he has to use a cute name that means nothing to Canadians, refused to call out anti-Semitism at the al quds day hate rally....

May shreiks "Omar Khadr you have more class than the whole fucking cabinet!"

Singh chums with everyone from India who has dreams of blowing people up for Khalistan. I honestly thought that Sikh extremism wasn't really a thing, aside from one attack in the '80s, up until a few weeks ago.  

A full 50% of our 6 gov't leaders are very terrorist-friendly. I never though that I'd say those words. 

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

If he was PM, he still can't do shit, if he even tried, Quebec will simply do an end around and invoke the Notwithstanding Clause. He literally has zero ability to stop them, trying to stop them would simply be sanctimonious virtue-signaling with zero chance of success.

Quebec has already invoked the notwithstanding clause. But the federal government has the power to dissallow any provincial government bill if it so desires.