Are humans really responsible for climate change?

12 minutes ago, PIK said:

Then explain all the other CC that has been going on forever ,even well before man did anything. Check out between 1910 and 1945. Then 45 to 70. Then get back to us.

Glad you asked! That tells me that you are interested in learning more about climate science. I could give you a scattergun explanation but you would do much better to read up on what science is saying. It's safe to believe because there are no credible naysayers in existence alive today on earth. Maybe on the moon.

My challenge to you, after you've brought yourself up to speed, is to produce one from the resources you have to draw from on earth. Not the lunar bin!

Then maybe we can get on with the debate??

Whattaya think PIK? Enough with the Con's and their lame excuses against manmade climate change, for the sole reason of it cutting into profits for big business? 

Edited by montgomery

16 hours ago, montgomery said:

Baloney taxme. I'm not really interested in the opinion of a very small minority of naysayers that are more interested in profit than reacting to manmade climate change that that has the potential to destroy human life on this planet. TAKE IT UP WITH THE EXPERTS. Or at the very least, produce your own 'paid for by big oil'  to state the denialist case. 

You're not a self-proclaimed expert yet are you taxme?

Baloney is right, fella. I am not interested in what a minority of doomsayers keeps trying to spread every day thru their propaganda lying media. Indeed, with guys like Suzuki and Gore have made millions of dollars from fools who waste their money and time listening to those liars. As I already said, those two liars do not practice what they preach. Those two contribute more to damaging the environment than I will have done in my life time. Experts can be liars too. Shocking to hear, eh? I can deny anything I want too deny. I do not have to believe everything I hear or read. Unlike most people they never bother to listen to and bother to get the other side of the story like most Canadians do. They are just too bloody lazy or just don't care to bother anyway. Oh, Suzuki said this so it has to be true. Ya sure.  Some people if they are convinced enough thru brainwashing by "experts" that the sky is starting to fall in some will believe it without question.  

You want to know more about climate change then go on the internet. There you will find plenty of skeptics who do not believe the likes of Suzuki or Gore or those so called experts and their climate warming bull chit. Again those two are worse than me when it comes to polluting the environment. I am a wuss to those two. 

Well, you are trying to make it appear as though you are a "self-proclaimed expert" here? What have you done to try and verify the stuff that you push about climate change is for real? You see the difference between a liberal and a real conservative is that we prefer to think before we speak and we try to apply as much common sense and logic as possible to what is being said. Get the picture yet? :D

17 minutes ago, taxme said:

How is anyone able to come up with a figure like 4.543 billion years anyway is beyond me?

Of course it's beyond you! And that's probably the way you would prefer it to stay. Why not find out how science has come up with many, many ways of dating the earth that prove beyond and reasonable or sane doubt that the earth isn't 10,000 years old. 

Why taxme, that would be an insult to even baby jesus! 

4 minutes ago, taxme said:

Baloney is right, fella. I am not interested in what a minority of doomsayers keeps trying to spread every day thru their propaganda lying media. Indeed, with guys like Suzuki and Gore have made millions of dollars from fools who waste their money and time listening to those liars. As I already said, those two liars do not practice what they preach. Those two contribute more to damaging the environment than I will have done in my life time. Experts can be liars too. Shocking to hear, eh? I can deny anything I want too deny. I do not have to believe everything I hear or read. Unlike most people they never bother to listen to and bother to get the other side of the story like most Canadians do. They are just too bloody lazy or just don't care to bother anyway. Oh, Suzuki said this so it has to be true. Ya sure.  Some people if they are convinced enough thru brainwashing by "experts" that the sky is starting to fall in some will believe it without question.  

You want to know more about climate change then go on the internet. There you will find plenty of skeptics who do not believe the likes of Suzuki or Gore or those so called experts and their climate warming bull chit. Again those two are worse than me when it comes to polluting the environment. I am a wuss to those two. 

Well, you are trying to make it appear as though you are a "self-proclaimed expert" here? What have you done to try and verify the stuff that you push about climate change is for real? You see the difference between a liberal and a real conservative is that we prefer to think before we speak and we try to apply as much common sense and logic as possible to what is being said. Get the picture yet? :D

If that's what you think, why are you still upholding Confederation?   Because none of this can be changed so long as we are ruled by the Liberal Dingbats of the Eastern Urbane Elites, and no, the Tories will not save us.

Canadian Confederation is Suzuki Nation, down in the bones.  He's the Guru of the Dingbats.

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, montgomery said:

Glad you asked! That tells me that you are interested in learning more about climate science. I could give you a scattergun explanation but you would do much better to read up on what science is saying. It's safe to believe because there are no credible naysayers in existence alive today on earth. Maybe on the moon.

My challenge to you, after you've brought yourself up to speed, is to produce one from the resources you have to draw from on earth. Not the lunar bin!

Then maybe we can get on with the debate??

Whattaya think PIK? Enough with the Con's and their lame excuses against manmade climate change, for the sole reason of it cutting into profits for big business? 

As if liberals are also not making plenty of money from their businesses that they operate and who are also contributing to climate change? Why do you keep picking on conservatives all the time? Do you ever bother to think before you speak? How can anyone have a debate with you when you won't even bother to listen to what the other side as to say.

Think about this, fella. If it were not for man and all the creations and inventions that he has come up with that has made all of our lives better where do you think you would living today if man had worried about the environment and climate change over a century ago? The way you liberals talk, It would appear as though you would like to see the good old 17th century days back where most people lived in squalor. In order to keep up with our lifestyle then liberals like yourself need to get the picture that we have to keep things going as they are. 

In Canada, there have been so many rules and regulations and efforts by Canadians in regards to trying to stop pollution and what more must they do to please people like you? Give up their cars, their homes, and give up their flying on planes to other destinations? I just do not what the hell you want Canadians to do anymore? Why don't you go after some of those non western countries that are doing most of the pollution for a change and leave Canadians alone. We have done enough of our share already to try and make people like you happy. Geez. 

6 hours ago, taxme said:

As if liberals are also not making plenty of money from their businesses that they operate and who are also contributing to climate change? Why do you keep picking on conservatives all the time? Do you ever bother to think before you speak? How can anyone have a debate with you when you won't even bother to listen to what the other side as to say.[/quote]

Well, that's mostly because Liberals are decent people who don't deny manmade climate change and Cons are filthy profit pigs who do.

As for the rest of your babbling, produce your  denial expert and stop trying to change the subject to off-topic crap.

Edited by montgomery

2 hours ago, montgomery said:

Well, that's mostly because Liberals are decent people who don't deny manmade climate change and Cons are filthy profit pigs who do.

As for the rest of your babbling, produce your  denial expert and stop trying to change the subject to off-topic crap.

Liberals are corrupt to the bone, because they have to do what they have to do to try to keep their Confederation project going, in their minds,  saving the Confederation justifies all their crimes, so while the vast majority of liberals are decent having been raised in the so called "civil society", when they internalize the narrative of the Liberal Party of Canada as indistinguishable from themselves as a free thinking autonomous individual, then they are no longer decent,  by default, because succumbing to that level of deep indoctrination to the imperatives of the state, is the stuff totalitarianism is made of. 

3 hours ago, montgomery said:

For me personally, I find that most liberals are nothing more than a bunch of indecent, immoral, and intolerant foul mouthed bigots. You have just shown me that. As I said before liberals in business must be all for wanting to appear to be filthy profit pigs also as there are many liberals who own businesses where the plan is to make as much money and filthy profits as fast as they can a fact that you refuse to acknowledge. There is no man made climate problem. It is all in your liberal head. Ha-ha-ha.  

No liberal babbling involved here from me. I leave that all up to you. But you do a pretty good job yourself of avoiding some questions asked of you. As I told you already I get all my facts from the internet. There are just too many people in the science world who describe this global warming/climate change nonsense as just that nonsense. Go look it up, lazy. :lol:

While I am a classically liberal limited government conservative and so an anathema to the so called Conservative Party of Canada, I will cop to being a filthy profit pig, I mean, I'm retired, and I don't want to go back to working for da Man, so I will scarf up any profit I can where and when I can, by any legal means available.

On 1/9/2019 at 1:20 AM, taxme said:

For me personally, I find that most liberals are nothing more than a bunch of indecent, immoral, and intolerant foul mouthed bigots. You have just shown me that. As I said before liberals in business must be all for wanting to appear to be filthy profit pigs also as there are many liberals who own businesses where the plan is to make as much money and filthy profits as fast as they can a fact that you refuse to acknowledge. There is no man made climate problem. It is all in your liberal head. Ha-ha-ha.  

You do a lot of badmouthing of liberals or do you mean Liberals?  In any case it detracts from your posts as there is no evidence for any of the various charges you have made against them.  If you actually want to debate climate do so without all the unnecessary and quite inaccurate slamming of a particular ideology.  Political leaning have nothing to with climate change. 

On 1/13/2019 at 10:19 PM, Iznogoud said:

You do a lot of badmouthing of liberals or do you mean Liberals?  In any case it detracts from your posts as there is no evidence for any of the various charges you have made against them.  If you actually want to debate climate do so without all the unnecessary and quite inaccurate slamming of a particular ideology.  Political leaning have nothing to with climate change. 

Politics and global climate change today go hand in hand. This so called global warming and climate change is now just all politics. And it should not be called "man made" anymore. It should now be called woman or people made instead. Just saying. 

And I read the other day that the North magnetic pole has shifted indicating to me as to why the climate is changing in some parts of the world. It may not be due to man or woman or people made climate change at all? Hey, you never know, eh? 

Actually I believe the correct term is anthropogenic climate change.  And you are right, politics is involved, but not because of liberal policies; rather it is the supporters of continued use of fossil fuels who have hired climate change deniers to confuse the situation.  Among climate scientists there appears to be little doubt that current global temperature increases are strongly influenced by human activity.  It is also unlikely that a shift in the Earth's magnetic field would have any effect on global temperatures.  In  any case it may be irrelevant.  The world is going green for reasons other than climate change.  Interestingly I just finished writing a thread listing those reasons.  You will see it soon.

The idea that Canada can have any real impact on global warming or CO2 emissions is idiocy as long as the third world keeps increasing the rate of their emissions. I've said it before, and no one has been able to refute it other than the brainless idea we ought to be 'setting an example'. As if lots of European nations hadn't already been doing that for decades!

Coal is the most emissions-intensive fossil fuel. China, which burns over half of the world’s coal, committed to a substantial reduction at the 2015 climate meeting in Paris. But recent research utilizing aerial photography found construction underway on hundreds of Chinese coal-fired power plants. Meanwhile, India, the world’s second-largest coal consumer, continues to escalate its coal burning at an annual rate of rate of six per cent.

Elsewhere in Asia, a veritable frenzy of coal-fired power plant construction is underway. Plants under construction in Vietnam alone will produce far more carbon emissions than all of Canada’s oil and gas industry. In other news: some Canadians still believe we can save the planet from global warming by shutting down our own oil and gas sector.

https://business.financialpost.com/opinion/gwyn-morgan-welcome-to-another-year-of-stomping-on-canadas-most-important-industry

Edited by Argus

5 minutes ago, Argus said:

The idea that Canada can have any real impact on global warming or CO2 emissions is idiocy as long as the third world keeps increasing the rate of their emissions. I've said it before, and no one has been able to refute it other than the brainless idea we ought to be 'setting an example'.

Actually its a principled idea but..

...principles? :lol: :rolleyes:

On 1/17/2019 at 10:14 AM, eyeball said:

Actually its a principled idea but..

...principles? :lol: :rolleyes:

Can principled and brainless coexist?  Because it is certainly brainless.  It might also be principled.  But brainless, nonetheless.

54 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Principles are stupid, I get it.  I sure wish I'd been taught that when I was growing up, especially in school. I probably would have made a lot of different choices in life.

It’s not so much about aggregate emissions reductions, which we know in the short term will be small.  It’s that there’s pressure to find savings through reducing emissions.  It’s a mindset that shapes behaviour.  It also pushes us to find solutions that can become exports.  At least that’s the argument...

55 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Principles are stupid, I get it.  I sure wish I'd been taught that when I was growing up, especially in school. I probably would have made a lot of different choices in life.

Would that be the case, if the idea they are supporting is brainless? 

9 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It’s not so much about aggregate emissions reductions, which we know in the short term will be small.  It’s that there’s pressure to find savings through reducing emissions.  It’s a mindset that shapes behaviour.  It also pushes us to find solutions that can become exports.  At least that’s the argument...

Whose argument?  Whose behaviour? 

I'm sure the whole point of all the conferences and commitments is to actually reduce emissions to the point where AGW is no longer a threat.  And that's not possible.  If, on the other hand, one just wants to develop a new way of making profits, fine.

3 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Whose argument?  Whose behaviour? 

I'm sure the whole point of all the conferences and commitments is to actually reduce emissions to the point where AGW is no longer a threat.  And that's not possible.  If, on the other hand, one just wants to develop a new way of making profits, fine.

Think of it this way: Fighting climate change has to be profitable to make economic sense.  The science says climate change is a problem, so make it good business to fight it.  

10 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Think of it this way: Fighting climate change has to be profitable to make economic sense.  The science says climate change is a problem, so make it good business to fight it.  

Of course.  It's only when fighting it does not make economic sense that one shouldn't bother.  When other countries make all your efforts meaningless. 

If you can make a buck and fight it as well, then great!