Are humans really responsible for climate change?

1 hour ago, egghead said:

Don't overestimate yourself; climate has been changing long before human existence :rolleyes:

FFS...it's the rate of change we're driving that matters. When the climate has changed as quickly in the past it was usually attended by mass extinctions due to the inability of things to adapt or keep up.

People like you who punctuate the things they say with rolling eyes make climate change funny.

17 minutes ago, eyeball said:

FFS...it's the rate of change we're driving that matters. When the climate has changed as quickly in the past it was usually attended by mass extinctions due to the inability of things to adapt or keep up.

Beautiful thing to watch, isn't it... Evolution in action.

4 hours ago, egghead said:

Don't overestimate yourself; climate has been changing long before human existence :rolleyes:

Don't underestimate hom sap. Yes, climate is always changing but not like this. The decades to come will serve as a sanity test, separating those denialists who can recognize their error from the unfortunates requiring medical care. 

10 hours ago, egghead said:

Someone with no idea posted that and you copied and pasted it here for some reason.  Go back to them and tell them that they posted irrelevance to our problem with climate change.  I'll wait here.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Someone with no idea posted that and you copied and pasted it here for some reason.  Go back to them and tell them that they posted irrelevance to our problem with climate change.  I'll wait here.

I did.  Doesn't make a difference.

Hey, it's like the carbon tax!

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

May be i am that guy who posted first :P

• Thanks 1

Just now, egghead said:

Carbon tax is just another form of sale tax

It depends on what they do with it, I guess.  I don't actually mind taxes, if they put the money to good use.  I don't mind paying more for gas, if it helps reduce air pollution in the cites.

I just think the idea that a carbon tax will do anything to prevent climate change is wishful thinking for some and political expediency for others.

27 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

It depends on what they do with it, I guess.  I don't actually mind taxes, if they put the money to good use.  I don't mind paying more for gas, if it helps reduce air pollution in the cites.

I just think the idea that a carbon tax will do anything to prevent climate change is wishful thinking for some and political expediency for others.

I don't know; will you be ok if they give the money to RBC instead of LOblaw next time?

7 minutes ago, egghead said:

I don't know; will you be ok if they give the money to RBC instead of LOblaw next time?

Depends on what it's for, I guess.  The Rwanda Biomedical Center can always use some help.

14 hours ago, eyeball said:

People like you who punctuate the things they say with rolling eyes make climate change funny.

It is because it is funny and stupid, like ozone "hole",  global warming ....

i am a simple man. I only worry about environment impacts similar to this :rolleyes:

water-pollution-in-china.jpg

or this

E8120158-Trees_killed_by_acid_rain_and_o

On 1/8/2019 at 8:56 PM, montgomery said:

Well, that's mostly because Liberals are decent people who don't deny manmade climate change and Cons are filthy profit pigs who do.

As for the rest of your babbling, produce your  denial expert and stop trying to change the subject to off-topic crap.

Liberals are decent? Now that is funny. Personally, I think that most liberals lack big time any kind of common sense and logic. Most are just full of too much emotion and foolish talk. Go on the internet and check out some websites there where you will find plenty of skeptics about global warming and climate change. 

On 1/18/2019 at 4:16 PM, bcsapper said:

Of course.  It's only when fighting it does not make economic sense that one shouldn't bother.  When other countries make all your efforts meaningless. 

If you can make a buck and fight it as well, then great!

Our politicians and the leftist liberal media needs to keep inventing a new crisis to justify more government control, more wasteful programs, create more taxes, and more laws that take away more freedom from we the people. There is plenty of money to be made from spreading bull chit around and there is more than enough people out there who will eat that bull chit up like ice cream. They let liars do the talking for them. 

1 hour ago, taxme said:

Our politicians and the leftist liberal media needs to keep inventing a new crisis to justify more government control, more wasteful programs, create more taxes, and more laws that take away more freedom from we the people. There is plenty of money to be made from spreading bull chit around and there is more than enough people out there who will eat that bull chit up like ice cream. They let liars do the talking for them. 

They might.  Doesn't affect climate change.

1 hour ago, egghead said:

What?? If RBC is entitled to the fund, you cannot say no because they have $,  Are you communist?

I'm an amateur ornithologist.  We have similar views when it comes to banks.