The Great Bomb Hoax - Why Now? Shades of Blasey-Ford

3 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Just for a lark...when did Trump call out to his supporters to "engage in violence"?

Any ideas?

Gee...didn't Kathy Griffin show her undying support for Trump with "violence"?

Kathy Griffin Says She ‘Will Not Be Intimidated’ by Bomb Mailings

screen_shot_2017-05-30_at_1.47.48_pm_-_h

Edited by bush_cheney2004

1 hour ago, Spiderfish said:

A pipe full of explosive without a fuse or detonator is indeed technically a bomb, albeit pretty much useless without any way to detonate it.  It would be similar to mailing a deadly biological agent to someone in a vacuum sealed envelope packaged inside a reinforced container.  

It's becoming pretty apparent that this guy was not trying to kill or hurt anyone, only to affect prevailing political winds, instill fear, and grab headlines.  He certainly succeeded.

The most recent info we have from the FBI is that these are not hoax devices. Your speculation that they are hoax devices is based on nothing and extremely irresponsible.

3 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

That's just a blatantly stupid comment Argus. Grow up.

Why? His father was in the Klan. Trump was fined by the government for refusing to rent to Blacks, then they found out his promise to reform was a lie and they fined him again.

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

Why? His father was in the Klan. Trump was fined by the government for refusing to rent to Blacks, then they found out his promise to reform was a lie and they fined him again.

Donald Trump's father was still alive until 1999, and Donald was only 27 in 1973 when that happened. 

5 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

The "bomb" had wires going into either end...doh!

There must have been something to them, though,(??)  because they detonated the one sent to Soros.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45949737

Arriving at the scene, police discovered a device that was later confirmed by officials to have contained explosive powder and "had the components" of a bomb. It was then "proactively detonated", police said.

29 minutes ago, Goddess said:

There must have been something to them, though,(??)  because they detonated the one sent to Soros.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45949737

Not to mention that the FBI says the bombs could have detonated if exposed to heat, shock or friction - which suggests that anyone between the sender and the intended recipient could have been injured.

34 minutes ago, Don Jonas said:

Only 27? Is that supposed to be an excuse? Has he said anything to indicate he regrets that it happened? 

I don't know much about the story. I just read one article about it today. Their family corporation owned buildings and they're accused of not renting to blacks. I don't know if Donald Trump was in a position to make that decision, or if it was his father's decision, or a group decision.  

It's sad to say, but I have no doubt that the rent of all the suites in their building was higher due to that policy back in the early '70's. Give anyone the chance to make an extra $200 per month, per suite, with dozens of rental units, and they'll do it. And I obviously wouldn't rent anything out to those large mobs of racists that I saw there. Racism in the States at the end of Obama's 2nd term was insane. 

13 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

He incited violence in 1968 ?  Before my time but I'm surprised he would do that ?  Did he not want to win ?

He not only incited violence in 1968, but also in 1967, 1966, 1965, 1964, 1963, etc.

Wallace won five states in the 1968 presidential election.

1968 was a very "exciting" year in the United States....didn't need no steenkin' social media to get the party started compared to today.

Does anyone of you really believe that there were people who would have voted for the Republicans in the mid-terms but because of this event they have changed their mind? I don't think so. People who are making most noise about this, which is none of Trump's responsibility anyway, would never have voted for the Republicans in the first place.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -TSS- said:

Does anyone of you really believe that there were people who would have voted for the Republicans in the mid-terms but because of this event they have changed their mind? I don't think so. People who are making most noise about this, which is none of Trump's responsibility anyway, would never have voted for the Republicans in the first place.

Agreed.....President Obama's party lost 63 House and 6 Senate seats in the 2010 mid-term election, and it didn't take any bomb threats.

12 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Both sides need to step up and call off all of this garbage because it has already gone way too far.  

OTOH they could drop all the phony pretense and have at it.  Preventing a boil from rupturing before it can drain and start healing only prolongs the pain.

50 minutes ago, scribblet said:

This bomber guy was a registered democrat for years, up until 2016, wonder what changed his mind.  

Reading the background on him, he obviously had a few loose screws and was going downhill - but I haven't yet seen the democrat reference other than in the social media frenzy.

21 minutes ago, Centerpiece said:

Reading the background on him, he obviously had a few loose screws and was going downhill - but I haven't yet seen the democrat reference other than in the social media frenzy.

And then some....   don't know who Shad Olson is, I've never heard of him.    Apparently you can look up a person's registration status on line.  

http://www.shadolsonshow.com/2018/10/26/cesar-sayoc-maga-bomber-facebook-betrays-democrat-trump-infiltrator-anti-gop-posts/?fbclid=IwAR2mOw-F1PnCvusbii6ren06tkOCk7R8fJ9rsUuNoD6OBfY7JcZF7RND6N0

11 minutes ago, scribblet said:

And then some....   don't know who Shad Olson is, I've never heard of him.    Apparently you can look up a person's registration status on line.  

http://www.shadolsonshow.com/2018/10/26/cesar-sayoc-maga-bomber-facebook-betrays-democrat-trump-infiltrator-anti-gop-posts/?fbclid=IwAR2mOw-F1PnCvusbii6ren06tkOCk7R8fJ9rsUuNoD6OBfY7JcZF7RND6N0

Shad Olson

Radio host and author, Shad Olson, is an Emmy-winning and Edward R. Murrow awarded investigative reporter living in Rapid City, South Dakota. His work has won numerous awards for excellence in broadcast journalism. He has shared the stage with numerous national personalities and appeared on radio and television broadcasts from coast to coast. He is also the published author of more than 100 works of short fiction. His collection, Tales from the Red Rooster Cafe is available at Barnes & Noble and on Amazon.com

• Like 1