Bernier criticizes Trudeau's "extreme multiculturalism"

Bernier is right., But it will be to late when the left wing figure it out. There is a reason this country was so great, because islam had nothing to do with it. And in 10 yrs when they have the numbers watch this place turn into a 3rd world dump.

10 hours ago, marcus said:

Kudos to M. Bernier for speaking from his heart about his discomfort with Canadians who are different from himself. Doing so helps voters understand the contrasting party choices available the next time they vote.

Your post, of course, is facetious. Your stated assumption that Bernier's view reflects discomfort with Canadians who are different from himself is in my opinion scurrilous. A 2016 CBC Angus-Reid poll (for which I've provided a link in a previous post in this string) indicated a solid majority (68%) of respondents to be skeptical of open-ended multiculturalism, and when breaking down the respondents by category immigrants who'd been in Canada for a considerable period of time also sided with the majority view, thus rendering your position inherently inaccurate. The great European champion of open migration, Angela Merkel, has described multiculturalism as a sham and a failure. Perhaps you might consider a more objective analysis?

Edited by turningrite

1 hour ago, PIK said:

Bernier is right., But it will be to late when the left wing figure it out. There is a reason this country was so great, because islam had nothing to do with it. And in 10 yrs when they have the numbers watch this place turn into a 3rd world dump.

No it was great because it opened itself up to different cultures and didn't aim to be some WASP utopia. 

1 hour ago, Boges said:

Yeah I'm sure immigrants come here because they respected good ole John A. 

They certainly want into the country he and others of his ilk created.

You're free to hate Canada's history and assist in tossing it down the memory hole. You'll have many helpers...

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

They certainly want into the country he and others of his ilk created.

You're free to hate Canada's history and assist in tossing it down the memory hole. You'll have many helpers...

Point to me where I said I did.

I'm just pointing out that Canada's 150 plus year heritage isn't really a huge selling point. It would be like if I chose to move to the UK because I really dig the Magna-Carta and the Victorian age.  

1 minute ago, Boges said:

Point to me where I said I did.

I'm just pointing out that Canada's 150 plus year heritage isn't really a huge selling point. It would be like if I chose to move to the UK because I really dig the Magna-Carta and the Victorian age.  

I couldn't care less about how Canada's history appears to some third world immigrant as a selling point. I fail to see the attraction of inviting folks into my home so that they can go on welfare. As long as they vote Liberal, I suppose...for those of us still in love with Mr Fake Eyebrows.

I couldn't care less about how Canada's history appears to some third world immigrant as a selling point. I fail to see the attraction of inviting folks into my home so that they can go on welfare. As long as they vote Liberal, I suppose...for those of us still in love with Mr Fake Eyebrows.

But Bernier's comments reach beyond people coming here just to immediately become unproductive members of society.

It's the idea of multiculturalism that bugs him. See Laura Ingraham's comments on Fox News a few weeks ago. It's immigration period that bugs people. And that's racism.

As long as educated/affluent whitey chooses not to have kids, immigration is the only way to grow the economy. Because the poor/uneducated whitey certainly don't  help the economy much. Saw a lot of white people hurt by Doug Ford cancelling the Guaranteed Income Pilot Project. 

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

But Bernier's comments reach beyond people coming here just to immediately become unproductive members of society.

It's the idea of multiculturalism that bugs him. See Laura Ingraham's comments on Fox News a few weeks ago. It's immigration period that bugs people. And that's racism.

As long as educated/affluent whitey chooses not to have kids, immigration is the only way to grow the economy. Because the poor/uneducated whitey certainly don't  help the economy much. Saw a lot of white people hurt by Doug Ford cancelling the Guaranteed Income Pilot Project. 

Multiculturalism is unproven...shown to fail in other situations (Germany...cough)...and is just a massive experiment by social engineers who would gladly risk the lives of you and your children in order to appear 'enlightened'. 

Edited by DogOnPorch
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Multiculturalism is unproven...shown to fail in other situations (Germany...cough)...and is just a massive experiment by social engineers who would gladly risk the lives of you and your children in order to appear 'enlightened'. 

So cite evidence it's failing in Canada. The Greater Toronto Area is often hailed as a great Multicultural success. 

BTW is this a racial thing or a cultural thing? Because plenty of immigrants come from white countries with different cultural practices. WASP and Italian cultures are VERY different. 

Just now, Boges said:

So cite evidence it's failing in Canada. The Greater Toronto Area is often hailed as a great Multicultural success. 

BTW is this a racial thing or a cultural thing? Because plenty of immigrants come from white countries with different cultural practices. WASP and Italian cultures are VERY different. 

I suppose Islamic terror attacks can be viewed as enriching...metal illness aside.

I suppose Islamic terror attacks can be viewed as enriching...metal illness aside.

And person from Eastern European decent killed many more people a few weeks earlier because women wouldn't have sex with him. 

I suppose we should ban people that can't get laid. 

Some people are so thick. Everything changes. Nothing stays constant. If that's going to make you angry, that's the route you've decided to take.

Canada has experienced at least five big waves of immigration. Each time, the immigrants were looked down upon and discriminated against, whether they were Irish, Italian, Eastern European, Vietnamese, Indian or Chinese. One good news is that the percentage of people who feel this discomfort when new people, who speak a different language, eat different food and maybe even dress differently, is going down. 

The white bigots make children and their children will go to school and end up hanging out with other kids who are not white. Many of them will see that they're no different than they are and will end up having a different perspective than their closed-off, bigoted parents. 

Same goes with immigrants who have shitty aspects in their culture. Those end up making children and their children end up going to school and growing up in Canada and majority of the crappy stuff will be filtered away. 

2 minutes ago, Boges said:

And person from Eastern European decent killed many more people a few weeks earlier because women wouldn't have sex with him. 

I suppose we should ban people that can't get laid. 

I didn't say we should ban anyone. But if you're coming to my country...the one my parents...their parents...their parents...etc...built...at least be friendly, compatible, useful, hard working. Too much to ask or do you like the idea of Canada as the planet's welfare state?

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

How many of them have racist "Status Indian" cards...like these ?

see-note-before-using-secure-certificate

That has nothing to do with my question. It's certainly not making a rhetorical point. The Toronto Area has precious few Indigenous people I can attest to anecdotally. 

I didn't say we should ban anyone. But if you're coming to my country...the one my parents...their parents...their parents...etc...built...at least be friendly, compatible, useful, hard working. Too much to ask or do you like the idea of Canada as the planet's welfare state?

Sure. So the people that do that are fine then? What about if new Canadians have trouble coming to a new society but their kids acclimatize great? 

11 minutes ago, Boges said:

The federal government knows it's failing. An internal federal government evidence based analysis, which was never publicly released but obtained via an access to information request and came to light last year in media reports, has concluded as much. (See link to article below.) Of course, we know the government only tells us what it wants us to hear. It conveniently casts critics doubters as bigots and xenophobes while it manipulates reality to suit its own ends.

https://vancouversun.com/opinion/columnists/douglas-todd-canada-struggling-to-absorb-immigrants-internal-report-says

Edited by turningrite

3 minutes ago, marcus said:

Some people are so thick. Everything changes. Nothing stays constant. If that's going to make you angry, that's the route you've decided to take.

Canada has experienced at least five big waves of immigration. Each time, the immigrants were looked down upon and discriminated against, whether they were Irish, Italian, Eastern European, Vietnamese, Indian or Chinese. One good news is that the percentage of people who feel this discomfort when new people, who speak a different language, eat different food and maybe even dress differently, is going down. 

The white bigots make children and their children will go to school and end up hanging out with other kids who are not white. Many of them will see that they're no different than they are and will end up having a different perspective than their closed-off, bigoted parents. 

Same goes with immigrants who have shitty aspects in their culture. Those end up making children and their children end up going to school and growing up in Canada and majority of the crappy stuff will be filtered away. 

There are currently 7 billion plus people on the planet. That's more people alive...right now...than have ever been dead. Think about that.

When the next bunch get through having their brood, this number is expected to reach 12 billion. They can't all come here and live on Canadian welfare.