Nationalist Groups in Canada

betsy

6 hours ago, Rue said:

Ask that of Armenians or Kurds in regards to Turkey and get back to me. It will help me shape my answer.

Turkey has been very violent since post-Islam. They believed killing Christians is good deed and hence the Massacre of Armenians and Greeks, they even killed fellow Muslims when they invaded neighbors. Not much better than Nazi Germany though history has not been written about them because victims have not been as powerful.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Seniors that are conservative, and I'd just let them die of old age.

That said inspiring apoplectic rage through mockery in hopes they stroke out is fair.

Your comment is idiotic. It speaks to what you are and what you stand for. 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2017 at 8:18 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Extreme left isn't an influential presence.  That is just a rationalization for fascists.

Have you been following identity politics the last few years?  Seen what's happening on college campuses?  Personally I wouldn't call most of today's leftist elements "extreme", more "radical" I think, but in any case, the right and left have never been this close to their given polar ends in my lifetime.

• Like 2

On 2017-08-15 at 5:05 AM, betsy said:

Right wing extremism is on the rise - which shouldn't come as a surprise.  I've been saying it for a decade now, that the pendulum tend to swing from one extreme end to the other.  Extreme left wing ideology  and extreme right wing.

I know that extreme right wing is the same as white supremacists, KKK, white nationalists.

What does extreme left wing ideology represent?   I've always been confused by that label. 

1 hour ago, WestCoastRunner said:

What does extreme left wing ideology represent?   I've always been confused by that label. 

Like the ones you see nowadays.  Dictatorial.  They legislate rights and freedom to death. 

In cadence with Communism.

Edited by betsy

20 hours ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Your not confused the left extremists are. They embrace a lot of extremist ideologies in the moment. Basically and of course I am generalizing for discussions sake the extremists on both sides share one thing in common, they look to simple jingoistic or chauvinistic answers to give them a common vision and cause through a state apparatus in times where they feel insecure.

Basically we are talking about cult phenomena.  It serves the purpose of what religions used to do before they lost influence in day to day life. They give people who feel hopeless a sense of hope which is why they attract people with low self esteem and who feel weak.

Then again its pack behaviour. Its what we homo sapien apes do. Its a primal defense mechanism when we feel endangered to gather in a pack led by an alpha male ape who we think will protect us. Strength comes from the pack and its alpha male. This is why so many extremists have to fan the flames of hatred to fan the flames of making their followers feel endangered. In times of moral confusion alpha males with extreme messages emerge. The tise and fall of extremist alpha males can be predicted by loking at economic and weather patterns. overcrowding, increase in crime, etc..

Also when you think about it when you listen to extremist ideology there is no pure extremist ideology-its fragmented and takes bits and pieces of anything it hears and feeds it back into a "fear should make you hate" message.

I said all the above for discussion. I am going now to eat a banana and some fleas.

Edited by Rue

9 minutes ago, Omni said:

Trump, for instance is getting lots of press. Do you think it's helping his influence?

Great question. Maybe in this case its not.  It does though when it comes to your Prince, Justin of Trudeau help him immensely. The Liberals use the media to their advantage and Trump clearly has either an anti social personality disorder and doesn't give a damn about the press or he's a shock jock, i.e., someone who believes negative publicity make shim an underdog that he thinks fuels his true support and what he thinks is a silent majority. Don't know. You rememver what Marshal McLuhan said about manipulating the media.

I think if Michael is arguing that extremists of any kind have less intellectual influence than we give them credit for, I might some times agree with him. Then again the average person has an iq of about 100, and that is no insult, but that means the majority of people on this planet haven't evolved to a level of critical thinking to make them immune to extremist manipulation.

Lord knows marketing shows us how easy we get manipulated by messages. Surely Hitler taught us how easy it is to get so called "normal" people to do very evil things.

May I say its great to finally have a topic to discuss where I do not rant at you about Kadr you sob. (joking)

Edited by Rue

On 8/15/2017 at 10:14 AM, Altai said:

What would you do if someone create an armed native-nationalist group attacking Canadian police and soldiers, even civilians ? Because technically you are invaders there in Canada according to today's understanding of politics.

They invaded the country 1st and went on to rape and pillage anyone including themselves . And how may were there when the white man came over, 200g's?? and they wanted the whole country for themselves and still do.

12 minutes ago, PIK said:

They invaded the country 1st and went on to rape and pillage anyone including themselves . And how may were there when the white man came over, 200g's?? and they wanted the whole country for themselves and still do.

Yes I guess they would have had to rape and pillage themselves, because there was nobody else here. On the other hand, that was not the case when the white man invaded.

• Like 1