Greatest danger to the west?

1 hour ago, hot enough said:

It amazes me no end that folks who appear sensible can consider Islam or terrorism to be a concern for the West. Did they inherit this from their parents who cowered in fear of communism?

When a group is in virtually every western countries targeting innocent civilians and killing them en masse and those instances are actually increasing, I'd consider that a kind of threat.

Communists didn't go into every western country and blow themselves up in a crowd or fly planes into buildings.  Also, the fact that communism was largely beaten by the west doesn't mean it wasn't a threat.

7 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

Communists didn't go into every western country and blow themselves up in a crowd or fly planes into buildings.  Also, the fact that communism was largely beaten by the west doesn't mean it wasn't a threat.

That was the western nations, Operation Gladio, where in Europe there were left behind right wing groups that blew up innocents so it could be blamed on the communists. 

See how effective the propaganda has been. The communists, China and Russia, helped the Koreans beat off the invading hordes of westerners, largely Americans, then they went home. What threat already? Same thing in Vietnam. While the US was supporting PolPot and the Khmer Rouge. While the US was slaughtering millions in Vietnam, the same in Korea, Indonesia 3/4 of a million, Cambodia some two to three million, Laos, up to a million. 

What threat already?

And the same thing was happening, still happening in South and Central America. 

13 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

When a group is in virtually every western countries targeting innocent civilians and killing them en masse and those instances are actually increasing, I'd consider that a kind of threat.

Again, the US/UK funded, organized and sponsored Operation Gladio. You do think the tens of thousands of CIA employees sit on their duffs in DC drinking lattes? 

I don't mean to be unkind, but do you know any history at all? 

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Stockwell/StockwellCIA87_1.html

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Stockwell/StockwellCIA87_2.html

The question is; Danger to the "west".  The answer is clearly Islam.  If one looks at the timelines, global warming wont be an issue for several years (if at all), however Islam is progressively a bigger threat to the west every year.  Whether one likes the Islams or not is irrelvant to the question.  As Moonlight said, low birthrates of westerners and extremely high birth rates of muslims, means that in most western countries Islam will take over control, if not in our lifetime, then certainly in our children's.  

The western way of life will be dead soon enough.

30 minutes ago, hot enough said:

Again, the US/UK funded, organized and sponsored Operation Gladio. You do think the tens of thousands of CIA employees sit on their duffs in DC drinking lattes? 

I don't mean to be unkind, but do you know any history at all? 

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Stockwell/StockwellCIA87_1.html

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Stockwell/StockwellCIA87_2.html

What does any of this have to do with terrorism being a threat?

8 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

What does any of this have to do with terrorism being a threat?

It describes, with some of the much needed background, exactly why we have this issue that you perceive as a terrorism threat. Do you think these things unfold in a vacuum?

Edited by hot enough

6 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

As Moonlight said, low birthrates of westerners and extremely high birth rates of muslims, means that in most western countries Islam will take over control, if not in our lifetime, then certainly in our children's.  

The western way of life will be dead soon enough.

In a hundred years most western countries, especially true for Canada, will have large numbers of Chinese and South Asian/Indian people.  It's just a numbers game, there's well over a billion of each in the world, so plenty to immigrate here, and they procreate like rabbits obviously...but they may just interbreed with each other and the rest of Canadians too.  I certainly don't think Muslims are going to take over everything.

I think western civilization will slowly transform into a kind of mishmash of all major cultures, with a lot of ethnicities interbreeding, which will blur the lines of race within the west.  A very cosmopolitan society.  It will vanquish much of western civilization but create something brand new in its place, for better or worse we'll have to see.

9 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

In a hundred years most western countries, especially true for Canada, will have large numbers of Chinese and South Asian/Indian people.  It's just a numbers game, there's well over a billion of each in the world, so plenty to immigrate here, and they procreate like rabbits obviously...but they may just interbreed with each other and the rest of Canadians too.  I certainly don't think Muslims are going to take over everything.

I think western civilization will slowly transform into a kind of mishmash of all major cultures, with a lot of ethnicities interbreeding, which will blur the lines of race within the west.  A very cosmopolitan society.  It will vanquish much of western civilization but create something brand new in its place, for better or worse we'll have to see.

I agree to some extent, I think it'll come down to the Asians Vs. the Islams.  I'd bet on the Islams though.  Either way I'll be dead before it happens, I just feel bad for my kids. 

37 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

I agree to some extent, I think it'll come down to the Asians Vs. the Islams.  I'd bet on the Islams though.  Either way I'll be dead before it happens, I just feel bad for my kids. 

Are you not aware of the Muslim population in Asia already? But don't just push the panic button right away. Lots of religions live there in harmony just as they do here.  

7 hours ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Climate change - refugees as the result of climate change. 

I see lots of people make claims like this, but they rarely back it up.
Do you have some sort of peer reviewed academic study that demonstrates that such migration patterns will be this big of a problem.
Because if you look at the world's best integrated assesssment models, the gap between rich countries and poor countries will narrow over the next 100 years despite climate change.
If such a gap narrows, why would there be more mass migration than what we observe today?

Edited by -1=e^ipi

5 minutes ago, eyeball said:

It would seem to me the greater threat is the unwillingness to actually do anything about the left.

Failing to put up while refusing to shut up is pretty lame don't you think?

The Left seem keen on starting the Fourth Reich with all the SS-like activity.

7 hours ago, eyeball said:

It would seem to me the greater threat is the unwillingness to actually do anything about the left.

Failing to put up while refusing to shut up is pretty lame don't you think?

The problem goes beyond merely "left" or "right" of course. These two differing political ideologies are normally held in balance by democratic elections. Whenever one party or group holds power for too long it eventually must fail, as the real struggle is always against corruption.