To The Conservative Party of Canada

betsy

Can our candidates running for leadership please stop sounding like liberals?

Really.....I think most of you are liberals in conservative clothings - or you're now confused about your own stripes.  When I listen to you talk, all I have to do is close my eyes, and I feel like attending a blasted liberal rally!

I know, if you want to have the chance of getting elected in this land, you've got to talk the talk - you've got to sound liberal.  However, how can we ever change things around here if nobody will muster up the courage to say things that only makes sense?  Win or lose, you have to stand up and be conservatives in your visions!

There is a major shifting happening next door, and I don't think I'm imagining things when I say that it's catching on.  You've got to know when to seize the moment.  That's part of a being a great leader.

I think, all conservatives should watch this.  And I think, anyone who's aspiring to be leader of the party should take some lessons from it.

The era of empty talk is over.

The OP from the topic America Under President Trump was revisited.  He`s been doing as he`d promised.

What citizen doesn't glow hearing that he comes first?  That the best interest of his country comes first?

You bet, a lot of everday folks - folks who have no secret agenda -  are secretly wishing our politicians are like Trump.

Edited by betsy
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, betsy said:

Really.....I think most of you are liberals in conservative clothings - or you're now confused about your own stripes.  When I listen to you talk, all I have to do is close my eyes, and I feel like attending a blasted liberal rally!

I know, if you want to have the chance of getting elected in this land, you've got to talk the talk - you've got to sound liberal.  However, how can we ever change things around here if nobody will muster up the courage to say things that only makes sense?  Win or lose, you have to stand up and be conservatives in your visions!

There is a major shifting happening next door, and I don't think I'm imagining things when I say that it's catching on.  You've got to know when to seize the moment.  That's part of a being a great leader.

I think, all conservatives should watch this.  And I think, anyone who's aspiring to be leader of the party should take some lessons from it.

The OP from the topic America Under President Trump was revisited.  He`s been doing as he`d promised.

What citizen doesn't glow hearing that he comes first?  That the best interest of his country comes first?

You bet, a lot of everday folks - folks who have no secret agenda -  are secretly wishing our politicians are like Trump.

Good post Betsy. When I listen to Trump speak I just wish that we had a person like Trump in the conservative party. They refuse to talk politically incorrect. Multiculturalism is going to kill this country but yet they seem to want to thrive on it. And what chance do they really have when they have to deal with the media political party(CBC/CTV/Global). They are on par with the American fake and phony media outlets like CNN/MSNBC as examples.

Any true conservative will have to deal with those losers who will attack any true conservative with no doubt lies and bs to give the impression to the Canadian people that they should not be listened too. I was listening to Faith Goldy from The Rebel who gave a speech about this new anti-freedom of speech motion to not be able to criticize Islam. Listening to her talk about her fight against this motion I think that she should be a candidate and run for the leadership of the Conservative Party. She would give the media and the liberals and those other so-called conservatives a run for their money. Trudeau is a Soros globalist and that guy needs to get creamed at the next election or Canada will truly be doomed. My opinion, of course. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Topaz said:

Harper started the war between the media and him, if u remember.

Harper was a conservative. The media is pro-liberal. A conservative has no chance against the media party(CBC/CTV/Global). They can be vicious to have to deal with if they have too. The Rebel appears to be the only non-liberal politically incorrect media outfit in Canada. They report stories that the fake media will not. 

MAKE CANADA GREAT AND SANE AGAIN. :)

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, betsy said:

We need to MAKE CANADA GREAT AND SANE AGAIN. 

1 minute ago, ?Impact said:

Ever wonder why the real media doesn't report the made up fake stories that the Rebel does? Perhaps it has something to do with journalistic integrity, something Levant doesn't have any of.

When one speaks political incorrectness as The Rebel does it will be attacked for it's true stories. The lying media will never report anything said on The Rebel because they know that what is being told is true, and the Canadian media does not want Canadians to know the truth. The media party(CBC/CTV/Global) can be questioned also as to just how much journalistic integrity do they have. One thing is for sure and that is the media party are politically correct and very liberal left wing in just about everything they report. 

4 hours ago, taxme said:

Good post Betsy. When I listen to Trump speak I just wish that we had a person like Trump in the conservative party. They refuse to talk politically incorrect. Multiculturalism is going to kill this country but yet they seem to want to thrive on it. And what chance do they really have when they have to deal with the media political party(CBC/CTV/Global). They are on par with the American fake and phony media outlets like CNN/MSNBC as examples.

Any true conservative will have to deal with those losers who will attack any true conservative with no doubt lies and bs to give the impression to the Canadian people that they should not be listened too. I was listening to Faith Goldy from The Rebel who gave a speech about this new anti-freedom of speech motion to not be able to criticize Islam. Listening to her talk about her fight against this motion I think that she should be a candidate and run for the leadership of the Conservative Party. She would give the media and the liberals and those other so-called conservatives a run for their money. Trudeau is a Soros globalist and that guy needs to get creamed at the next election or Canada will truly be doomed. My opinion, of course. 

CPAC did not accept Trump as conservative.  Real conservatives rejected Trump en masse during the primaries.  Trump is the most thin skinned pc president we had in a while.  Canada had lots of multiculturalism before we were even a nation or country.  We had French, Native indians, africans, americans, english, irish, germans etc.  The first prime minister's wife was born in Jamaica.

While America may had been very right wing at one point in the past, Canada was never that, the things were set up by the government.

Harper was much closer to a globalist because he pushed through things that reduced our liberty, put american armed thugs on canadian soil and gave away Canadian sovereignty.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, betsy said:

Betsy, I agree.

Ignore the English-Canadian CBC/MSM noise. They want Conservatives to choose a fall guy: a "progressive" Tory - a Joe Clark, a RINO.

I prefer a real deal, free trade Conservative: a Mulroney, a Trump: Someone who, when all is considered, makes life better for ordinary people.

=====

In 1988, the federal Liberal John Turner opposed US Free Trade. Now, our federal PM Justin Trudeau wants free trade.

In 1988, the CBC opposed Mulroney and free trade; now in 2016, the CBC opposes Trump and barriers to trade.

Go figure.

Edited by August1991
Edit
  • Like 2

Did you know what Trudeau did on his first 100 days? 

From its swearing-in on Nov. 4, 2015 to Feb 12, 2016, the Trudeau government distributed 208 cheques worth a combined $5.3 billion.

The biggest cheques the Trudeau government cut (or promised to cut) were for big-ticket overseas aid commitments. Last week, for example, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau promised $1.3 billion in new humanitarian aid as part of Canada’s new contribution to fighting ISIL.

In fact, of the $5.3 billion in spending commitments announced by the Trudeau government in its first 100 days, just $997 million was for projects inside the country. The rest — $4.3 billion — will be spent outside Canada on everything from aid for refugees to helping poor countries fight climate change.

NOW SPENDING ‘DISGRACE’ FUND

For some of the cheque handouts for projects inside the country, the Trudeau government dipped into an envelope of money created in the last Harper budget called the Canada 150 Community Infrastracture Program.

This $150-million program was designed to help community groups “rehabilitate, renovate and expand existing public infrastructure for community use” in time for the country’s 150th birthday in 2017.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/02/13/liberals-outspent-tories-in-first-100-days

Trudeau is the exact opposite of Trump when it comes to priority!   He's frenetically into globalisation that he doesn't consider Canada's interest at all as a country. 

We've already given billions in refugee aids.....and now, he's opened our borders!

Conservatives have to insist, and make it very clear,  that the new leader of CPC will put Canada and its citizen's interest first, and foremost! 

For me, that's the only thing that matters now.  Any one running for leadership who's into open borders, is definitely scratched off!

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

I know that the Obama team had helped the Liberals in their campaign to win. 

Justin Trudeau’s campaign looks to Obama’s team for lessons in winning

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2012/11/12/justin_trudeaus_campaign_looks_to_obamas_team_for_lessons_in_winning.html

The Tories have to look to Trump's team for advice.  I have a feeling that Trump will only be happy to see a Conservative for a counterpart.

Edited by betsy
  • Downvote 1

It makes me question the thinking process of CP candidates who dare criticize Kellie Leitch for promoting screening and vetting of would-be applicants that they be compatible with our Canadian values. 

Some moron stupidly asked, What is Canadian values?  DOH?  Need you ask?

Would you consider calling for jihad on gays, promiscious and "slutty" women, Canadian values?  Do you consider genital mutilation of women, arranged marriages, honor killings, Canadian values?

Is forced submission of women, inequality, a Canadian value?

Any CP candidate who find anything wrong with what Kellie Leitch had proposed regarding screening for shared values, is not a conservative. She/He has the same dysfunctional liberal mind!

Edited by betsy

P & P seem to always make jokes about the 14 running for the leadership, they act so elitist. But they seem to forget that the media made a lot of fun of the repubs 17 running. They also seem to forget they arrogance help trump win. The fix was in for the liberals and a lot of candidates wasted their time and effort on running against trudeau. I would love to see harper vs trump. At least harper would have some respect. I just hope they lie thru their teeth about immigration and then clean it up if they win.

One thing for sure... the very best thing for liberals is for conservatives to keep telling themselves they lost because of media bias, or the lack of conservative fundamentalism that Betsy would like to see more of. 

Its gonna be a loooooooong time in the wilderness if that's their plan.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dre said:

One thing for sure... the very best thing for liberals is for conservatives to keep telling themselves they lost because of media bias, or the lack of conservative fundamentalism that Betsy would like to see more of. 

Its gonna be a loooooooong time in the wilderness if that's their plan.

Conservatives lost because it was about that time, because people were tired of their alleged meanness, because the left hated Harper so much they abandoned the NDP to ensure he lost, because the economy took a temporary downward tilt, because Trudeau seemed young and handsome and pleasant, and because he promised them what his dad did, lots of free government services. That last played especially well in the Maritimes.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, betsy said:

It makes me question the thinking process of CP candidates who dare criticize Kellie Leitch for promoting screening and vetting of would-be applicants that they be compatible with our Canadian values. 

Some moron stupidly asked, What is Canadian values?  DOH?  Need you ask?

Would you consider calling for jihad on gays, promiscious and "slutty" women, Canadian values?  Do you consider genital mutilation of women, arranged marriages, honor killings, Canadian values?

Is forced submission of women, inequality, a Canadian value?

Any CP candidate who find anything wrong with what Kellie Leitch had proposed regarding screening for shared values, is not a conservative. She/He has the same dysfunctional liberal mind!

I find, from your comments on here, that you and I have different 'values'.  Which of us is the Canadian?  

4 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I find, from your comments on here, that you and I have different 'values'.  Which of us is the Canadian?  

The major Canadian value, as far as I can see, is the notion that we can all have different values, within the law, without killing each other over them. 

We don't have to like them.

8 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

The major Canadian value, as far as I can see, is the notion that we can all have different values, within the law, without killing each other over them. 

We don't have to like them.

Sure.  And the million Muslims who are already here agree, as do many Muslims worldwide, many of whom leave their oppressive countries to escape that oppression.   So why do we need special screening?   

• Like 1

Just now, dialamah said:

Sure.  And the million Muslims who are already here agree, as do many Muslims worldwide, many of whom leave their oppressive countries to escape that oppression.   So why do we need special screening?   

We don't.  I am opposed to screening.  I'm of the opinion that we tell everyone coming into the country exactly what they are letting themselves in for, and make sure they are prepared to be deported if they don't like it.

I don't care if you're a Muslim who thinks drawing Muhammad is wrong, a Tanzanian Witch Doctor looking for Albinos, or a white supremacist looking to get away from the melting pot, we have to make it known that certain behaviour will not be tolerated.