To The Conservative Party of Canada

betsy

On 2/25/2017 at 7:54 PM, hernanday said:

CPAC did not accept Trump as conservative.  Real conservatives rejected Trump en masse during the primaries.  Trump is the most thin skinned pc president we had in a while.  Canada had lots of multiculturalism before we were even a nation or country.  We had French, Native indians, africans, americans, english, irish, germans etc.  The first prime minister's wife was born in Jamaica.

While America may had been very right wing at one point in the past, Canada was never that, the things were set up by the government.

Harper was much closer to a globalist because he pushed through things that reduced our liberty, put american armed thugs on canadian soil and gave away Canadian sovereignty.

But CPAC did accept him after Trump spoke to them. 

Harper was a globalist but than again so is trudeau. JT is very friendly with Soros the globalist crap disturber.

Canada needs a Trump who believes that his country should come first. We only have leaders who think that the rest of the world should come first. JT gives away hundreds of millions of Canadian tax dollars to the rest of the world while some Canadians try and fight just to stay alive and survive. I have only contempt for our fake and phony politicians. 

11 hours ago, betsy said:

They made him to be a fearsome ultra-right winger!  "Neocon," was the favored term at the time, if I'm not mistaken.  That's how they tried to portray him.  Those were fear-mongering at their finest!

Odd that so many major newspapers endorsed the Conservatives over the years when they thought Harper was so evil.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dialamah said:

This is one of your values, Betsy.   You are perfectly fine with forcing a woman to have a baby regardless of her personal situation.  You are perfectly fine with forcing a woman to wear clothes that you deem appropriate, regardless of her preferences.  In your view, women are not able or entitled to make their own decisions regarding their own body; you think you should have the right and abiilty to judge for them.  Fortunately for us, the laws of Canada do not favor your values, they favor mine and so women are still able to obtain abortions and still able to wear ugliest form-hiding clothing known to humankind, or the skimpiest outfit they can find. 

Obviously, you've got no clue what equality means.

I'm not going to discuss abortion and burquas with you as it will derail this thread.  If you wish to pursue it, create your own thread.

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, dialamah said:

Who is forced to the "Muslim" way of thinking?  I can't think of a single person.   Consider Argus, DoP, Betsy, Bryan, yourself.  Which of them thinks like a "Muslim"?  Do any of your Canadian friends think like "Muslim"?  

So, you agree that women shouldn't be wearing burquas during citizenship swearing, license photo-taking, at certain places like banks,  and certain jobs that deal with the public?

Girls should be allowed to swim with boys in a public pool?

I also dislike the way women are treated in Muslim-majority countries .   All terrible places for women.  

So, you agree that those barbaric cultures/customs shouldn't be allowed in Canada?

I edited your mention of Christian and Russia, since as far to my knowledge....Muslim women aren't abused in those countries.  Your attempt to equate treatment of women in Christian-majority countries - equating Christianity with Islam at every turn -  is obvious.  If you're going to make equation like that, better support it with something credible.  Your word isn't good enough.

If there would be anyone abusing Muslim women in Christian-majority countries - chances are, it would be the Muslim men that they live with!

On the other hand, my sister is married to a Muslim man and lives in Egypt.   She's treated like a goddess, honestly.  She's spoiled rotten, her wish is the command of her husband and his four brothers.   There are certainly drawbacks, she's the first to admit, but there is no misogyny, no beatings, no rape, no mutilation - and she prefers her life there to the life she had in Canada.

She is fortunate.  But that's all irrelevant.....since we know that misogyny, beatings, rape and mutilation do exists in some, if not all Muslim countries.  Just because your sister (and, many others) had not been subjected to any of them, does not negate the fact that they're practiced.

These kind of things, we don't want in this country!  Like what happened to Farkhunda Malikzada a Muslim lady in Afghanistan beaten by a mob, run over, set alight for APPARENTLY burning a KORAN. It happened on the street, in broad daylight!

*****WARNING!  GRAPHIC RAW VIDEO*******

https://www.nytimes.com/video/world/asia/100000004108808/the-killing-of-farkhunda.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzO74mxWCt4

Edited by betsy

53 minutes ago, Newfoundlander said:

And how is limiting immigration and screening for made up values conservative?

Any Liberals floating the idea of screening for values compatible with ours?  The only one I know who dared is a conservative (Leitch), and she was attacked by fellow-so-called conservatives!

When so-called Conservatives running for leadership attack one of their own, for running with a policy that calls for screening would-be immigrants for values compatible with ours - there's something terribly wrong - and scary - with that picture.

When liberal Europe is slowly waking up - with even Angela Merkel, of all people,  calling for the ban on burquas - most of the Conservatives running for leadership - and Canadians-  seem  too dull to see what's happening!   Obviously, there's a sensible need for it!

In an shock u-turn, German Chancellor Angela Merkel is now calling for a burka ban wherever legally possible for the "good of Germany". 

In a speech on Monday December 6, Mrs Merkel: ”Show your face. The full covering is not permissible and should be banned."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/652842/Burka-Niqab-Islamic-Face-veil-Ban-UK-Fine-France-Belgium-Netherlands-Europe-Muslim-dress

European countries that banned or partly banned burquas:

Austria

The ruling coalition agreed in January 2017 to prohibit full-face veils (niqab and burka) in public spaces such as courts and schools. It said it was considering a more general ban on state employees wearing the headscarf and other religious symbols.

France

On 11 April 2011, France became the first European country to ban the full-face Islamic veil in public places.

Under the ban, no woman, French or foreign, is able to leave their home with their face hidden behind a veil without running the risk of a fine.

Belgium

A law banning the full-face veil came into effect in Belgium in July 2011.

The law bans any clothing that obscures the identity of the wearer in places like parks and on the street.

The Netherlands

In November 2016, Dutch MPs backed a ban on the Islamic full veil in public places such as schools and hospitals, and on public transport.

The niqab and the burka full-face veils were included in the ban along with face coverings such as ski-masks and helmets.

Italy

Several towns in Italy have local bans on face-covering veils. The north-western town of Novara is one of several local authorities to have already brought in rules to deter public use of the Islamic veil.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-13038095

I heard in Switzerland and Spain, burquas are banned in some places.

Edited by betsy

3 hours ago, taxme said:

But CPAC did accept him after Trump spoke to them. 

Harper was a globalist but than again so is trudeau. JT is very friendly with Soros the globalist crap disturber.

Canada needs a Trump who believes that his country should come first. We only have leaders who think that the rest of the world should come first. JT gives away hundreds of millions of Canadian tax dollars to the rest of the world while some Canadians try and fight just to stay alive and survive. I have only contempt for our fake and phony politicians. 

They accept him now because he has POWER.  He couldn't even show his face in CPAC when he was running for office, they claimed he wasn't conservative enough and only Ted Cruz was.

Are you forgetting that Trump is a globalist?  Since when is Soros the only Globalist?  Trump is a guy who turns a blind eye to Saudi terrorism because they let him build a few hotels and shoddy golf courses.  Trump accepts money from foreign heads of states, this guy is globalist #1.

The last thing we need is an unqualified fake billionaire 8 time bankrupt who doesn't know what he is doing running our country.  Trump doesn't believe in America first, he believes in Donald first.  If Trump believed in America first, he wouldn't declare bankruptcy against all those loans who owed to American banks, he'd try to pay his debt to society, he wouldn't have ducked the war in vietnam and the draft.  He could have taken a desk job or a non-combat role like truck driver.  Trump has only ever been trump first.

You think Trump isn't giving away billions to foreigners?  All you got to do is donate money to Trump to get anything.    Trump is a fake and a phony, he ran as a life long liberal from nyc, and teflon don even said he'd run as a republican because republican voters are the stupidest and lowest iq and so easy to trick, sad part is he is right and the joke is on America.

I am glad Canadians are not dumb enough to be fooled by a charlatan like that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, betsy said:

Any Liberals floating the idea of screening for values compatible with ours?  The only one I know who dared is a conservative (Leitch), and she was attacked by fellow-so-called conservatives!

But how is this conservative? How is that a conservative principle? The idea is pretty non-ideological and more so a populist proposal. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Newfoundlander said:

But how is this conservative? How is that a conservative principle? The idea is pretty non-ideological and more so a populist proposal. 

Screening for values?  You don't know how that is conservative?

If you can't tell.....what more can I say?

Edited by betsy

4 hours ago, betsy said:

When so-called Conservatives running for leadership attack one of their own, for running with a policy that calls for screening would-be immigrants for values compatible with ours - there's something terribly wrong - and scary - with that picture.

Not really.  It's a confirmation that not all conservatives are xenophobic.   When I read that, it made me consider learning about Bernier and the other guy in case I might consider them viable election prospects in a few years.

4 hours ago, betsy said:

I heard in Switzerland and Spain, burquas are banned in some places.

Yup.   Just because lots of people do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.   Much as I dislike burqas on a personal level, it's hard for me to reconcile using the law to dictate what people should and should not wear.   That, to me, is not a Canadian value.

5 hours ago, betsy said:

She is fortunate.  But that's all irrelevant.....since we know that misogyny, beatings, rape and mutilation do exists in some, if not all Muslim countries.  Just because your sister (and, many others) had not been subjected to any of them, does not negate the fact that they're practiced.

Yup, something like 60% of Egyptian women report being hit or beaten by their husband.   In Canada, about half of all women experience at least one episode of violence from an intimate partner.

Fortunately, in Canada, there is strong social condemnation and women who are being abused have places to go and legal resources, so we're much farther ahead on this than Egypt, but we still have work to do.  

5 hours ago, betsy said:

edited your mention of Christian and Russia, since as far to my knowledge....Muslim women aren't abused in those countries.  Your attempt to equate treatment of women in Christian-majority countries - equating Christianity with Islam at every turn -  is obvious.  If you're going to make equation like that, better support it with something credible.  Your word isn't good enough.

I do equate Islam with Christianity; in many ways, they are indistinguishable.   Canada and other western nations aren't 'better' because they're "Christian", they're better because they're less religious.   When Christians in the Middle East and Africa treat women the same as Muslims do in those areas, including things like FGM, that's clear proof that religion is irrelevant when it comes to cultural practices.   It does seem as if the less religion there is in any society, the more humane and more equal that society is.

4 hours ago, Newfoundlander said:

But how is this conservative? How is that a conservative principle?

Conservatives value the culture and values and traditions of our country and don't want to see them changed by mass immigration from the Middle East.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dialamah said:

Yup, something like 60% of Egyptian women report being hit or beaten by their husband.   In Canada, about half of all women experience at least one episode of violence from an intimate partner.

Fortunately, in Canada, there is strong social condemnation and women who are being abused have places to go and legal resources, so we're much farther ahead on this than Egypt, but we still have work to do. 

:rolleyes:

We're not only talking about Egypt.

I'm glad that you see the difference between Canada and some Muslim nations when it comes to how they view violence against women.  How can you expect legality from these Muslim countries when it's part of the culture?  They view women lowly - you've got to understand that, that mindset is the big problem.

I do equate Islam with Christianity; in many ways, they are indistinguishable.   Canada and other western nations aren't 'better' because they're "Christian", they're better because they're less religious.   When Christians in the Middle East and Africa treat women the same as Muslims do in those areas, including things like FGM, that's clear proof that religion is irrelevant when it comes to cultural practices.   It does seem as if the less religion there is in any society, the more humane and more equal that society is.

Christianity does not give away  a single virgin let alone 72 of them,  as an incentive for killing infidels.

Christianity teaches about turning the other cheek when it comes to insults!  WE don't retaliate for all the cartoons drawn mocking our religion. We don't go doing violent protests over them.  And we certainly don't stone any one caught committing adultery, nor do we lynch any one who burns, or spit on the Bible!

Christianity teaches us not to  judge who'll go to hell, or who deserves to die. 

Vengeance is not ours - it belongs to the Lord.  Thus we don't do "an eye-for-an-eye."

But we do share a lot of social values - just like we share them with non-believers, and even atheists too.  Like, respect for elders and protecting our young. You don't have to be religious to be good.  That, however, doesn't equate Christianity with Islam.

Any relationship will be rocky if couples don't share the same values. It's only sensible to screen for compatibility for would-be immigrants to our country.  It's for the good of all.

Edited by betsy

10 hours ago, hernanday said:

They accept him now because he has POWER.  He couldn't even show his face in CPAC when he was running for office, they claimed he wasn't conservative enough and only Ted Cruz was.

Are you forgetting that Trump is a globalist?  Since when is Soros the only Globalist?  Trump is a guy who turns a blind eye to Saudi terrorism because they let him build a few hotels and shoddy golf courses.  Trump accepts money from foreign heads of states, this guy is globalist #1.

The last thing we need is an unqualified fake billionaire 8 time bankrupt who doesn't know what he is doing running our country.  Trump doesn't believe in America first, he believes in Donald first.  If Trump believed in America first, he wouldn't declare bankruptcy against all those loans who owed to American banks, he'd try to pay his debt to society, he wouldn't have ducked the war in vietnam and the draft.  He could have taken a desk job or a non-combat role like truck driver.  Trump has only ever been trump first.

You think Trump isn't giving away billions to foreigners?  All you got to do is donate money to Trump to get anything.    Trump is a fake and a phony, he ran as a life long liberal from nyc, and teflon don even said he'd run as a republican because republican voters are the stupidest and lowest iq and so easy to trick, sad part is he is right and the joke is on America.

I am glad Canadians are not dumb enough to be fooled by a charlatan like that.

Pretty much all politicians are globalists especially the ones in Canada. They all pretty much take their orders from the elite establishment who work against the people. Trump has said no to globalism. America will come first. You won't get that from our fearless puppet on s string politically correct Canadian politicians. They want the rest of the world to be their oyster. 

The last thing America needed was a fool like Obama and Hillary. Both can be up on criminal charges if Trump wanted to do just that. And maybe he still will do just that. The internet is full of stories about their crimes against the American people and America itself. Trump may have gone bankrupt with some of his adventures but he still has a lot of businesses and they are all appearing to go just fine, thank you.

You obviously hate Trump because the main scream media has convinced you that Trump is a bad boy. If the main scream fake and phony liberal left wing media attacked Hillary on her crimes as much as they did with Trump you would not be so quick to constantly attack Trump. I guess that liberals have to stick together with liberals and attack others whom they are not in agreement with. Liberals can be such an intolerant bigoted bunch. At least Trump gives Americans hope not lies like JT and the liberals like to do. 

Canadians were certainly dumb enough to vote for JT the refugee/muslim lover. This dictator is going to destroy Canada. What more can be said. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dialamah said:

Recently, Premier Wynne of Ontario attended a mosque, and during prayers, and being a woman, she had to sit in the back of the class. In a mosque women are second class citizen's. Welcome to the new Canada and it's new Canadian values. And the Iman at the time during his hatred speech said that all gays should be eliminated. I wonder how she felt hearing that when she is a lesbian?

Over to you for your liberal reply.  

3 hours ago, betsy said:

We're not only talking about Egypt.

I'm glad that you see the difference between Canada and some Muslim nations when it comes to how they view violence against women.  How can you expect legality from these Muslim countries when it's part of the culture?  They view women lowly - you've got to understand that, that mindset is the big problem.

Christianity does not give away  a single virgin let alone 72 of them,  as an incentive for killing infidels.

Christianity teaches about turning the other cheek when it comes to insults!  WE don't retaliate for all the cartoons drawn mocking our religion. We don't go doing violent protests over them.  And we certainly don't stone any one caught committing adultery, nor do we lynch any one who burns, or spit on the Bible!

Christianity teaches us not to  judge who'll go to hell, or who deserves to die. 

Vengeance is not ours - it belongs to the Lord.  Thus we don't do "an eye-for-an-eye."

But we do share a lot of social values - just like we share them with non-believers, and even atheists too.  Like, respect for elders and protecting our young. You don't have to be religious to be good.  That, however, doesn't equate Christianity with Islam.

Any relationship will be rocky if couples don't share the same values. It's only sensible to screen for compatibility for would-be immigrants to our country.  It's for the good of all.

Recently, Premier Wynne of Ontario attended a mosque, and during prayers, and being a woman, she had to sit in the back of the class. So much for equality with those muslims. They even mentioned how they despised gays, and she is lesbian. Apparently, she just sat there and took it. What a bunch of wimpy politically correct Canadians have for politicians. If she had any back bone she should have just got up and walked out. But being oh so pro-multicultural she took it lying down. What a wimp. 

On 2/25/2017 at 3:43 PM, ?Impact said:

Ever wonder why the real media doesn't report the made up fake stories that the Rebel does? Perhaps it has something to do with journalistic integrity, something Levant doesn't have any of.

You must know as to why the fake media does not report what The Rebel reports? I will tell you why. It is because The Rebel reports the real news not the fake news that we get from the liberal left wing media party which is pretty much all fake news. 

12 hours ago, hernanday said:

Yes.  He's President now.  Not Ted Cruz.   They accepted and applauded him.  Not Ted Cruz.

37 minutes ago, betsy said:

Praise be to Allah, Who created (out of nothing) the heavens and the earth; Who made the angels, messengers with wings - two, or three, or four (pairs):...

— Quran, sura 35 (Fatir) ayah 1[12]

Can we get back on topic please ?  You should start a new thread if you want to quote the Quran.