Justin Trudeau the Worst PM Since Pierre Trudeau?

People compare the political cultures of the USA and Canada but I think that is quite futile considering the nature of the two countries.

It is more interesting to compare the political cultures of Canada and Australia as they are, despite the distance, very similar countries when the structure of the country is considered.

One major difference between these otherwise similar countries is that there doesn't seem to be in Canada at all a phenomenon which happens very often in Australia.

Namely, that the incumbent PM does not only have to worry about the next election and the opposition-party but in Australia the PM has been ousted many times as leader of the governing party and hence as PM. In the previous Labor-administration two party-leaders and PMs, Rudd and Gillard, both ousted each other.

The current PM also became PM by ousting the previous PM in the middle of an electoral-term.

• Like 1

http://calgarysun.com/opinion/columnists/gunter-what-the-dawson-report-reveals-about-trudeaus-mentality/wcm/fad93e7b-1af5-48a3-9bca-fe54ec00d0f0

This needs to be read by everyone. I just can't believe people still think this guy knows what he is doing, it seems he even said he does not know what it going on.

1. Essentially, Trudeau claimed not to concern himself with details to such an extent that he could not have been influenced by a gift. He doesn’t involve himself enough in what his government is doing to know what it was that the Aga Khan’s foundation was asking from the Government of Canada, so how could a free trip change his mind?

Trudeau’s own description of his governing style makes him seem like nothing more than the cool kid who brings weed to a high school party. If there happen to be two groups at the party negotiating a deal of some sort, he’s unaware of it. His only goal is just to make everyone “happy.” So, how could one group’s offer of a free spa treatment influence his behaviour?
Edited by PIK

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/liberal-mp-geng-tan-acted-as-intermediary-for-businessman-now-accused-of-fraud/article37511074/

More and more, some major problems with this government, they certainly are not looking out for canada.

Liberal MP Geng Tan hand-delivered a letter to a top official at the Canadian embassy in Beijing and personally spoke to Chinese authorities on behalf of a Liberal Party donor who has been charged with money laundering and the fraudulent sale of hundreds of millions of dollars in securities to Chinese citizens.

Chinese-Canadian businessman Xiao Hua Gong, also known as Edward Gong, was arrested in Toronto last week and the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) has charged him with fraud over $5,000, possession of property obtained by crime, laundering proceeds of crime and uttering a forged document. None of the allegations have been proven in court.

On June 1, Mr. Tan acted as an intermediary for Mr. Gong, who at the time was under criminal investigation by the RCMP, Ontario Securities Commission [OSC] and China's Ministry of Public Security in connection with a $466-million pyramid scheme

followed," the MPs' office told The Globe in an e-mail.

The Prime Minister's Office had no comment on Mr. Tan's actions.

"This would seem to be a serious example of very poor judgment and improper behaviour," Conservative ethics critic Peter Kent said in an interview. "One has to wonder whether this was a misguided favour on behalf of a financial contributor [of the Liberal Party]."

Mr. Gong is not a constituent of Mr. Tan and does not live in the MP's Don Valley North riding.

His home in Toronto's Bridle Path area, which authorities raided in December, is in Don Valley West, held by Liberal MP Rob Oliphant.

Mr. Gong has donated $7,000 to the Liberal Party over the past few years, and was at a Liberal fundraiser involving Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Chinese-Canadian business people in Toronto in May, 2016.

Mr. Gong was in a widely circulated photo of the Prime Minister making dumplings for his donors at the event.

The picture was part of The Globe's coverage of cash-for-access fundraisers that prompted the Liberals to usher in legislative reforms on political donations.

Since the 2015 election, Mr. Tan has travelled frequently to China, where he has met Communist Party officials whose goal is to win overseas support for the authoritarian government's political agenda.

In April, he accepted a free trip to Hunan province paid for by Toronto businessman Kai Wu, who runs an an immigration investment and eduction enterprise.

Mr. Tan said he accepted the trip to help Mr. Wu "attract more international students to Canada to study."

The OSC affidavit said the investigation of Mr. Gong involved the New Zealand Police and China's Ministry of Public Security and as well as the RCMP and Canada's FinTRAC, a federal agency that tracks the movement of money offshore.

The OSC alleges that at least $190-million obtained from the pyramid operation was directed to Mr. Gong's bank accounts in Canada and used to buy hotels, residential property, luxury cars and a boat.

This money was in addition to $63-million in New Zealand accounts that investigators have frozen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PIK said:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/liberal-mp-geng-tan-acted-as-intermediary-for-businessman-now-accused-of-fraud/article37511074/

More and more, some major problems with this government, they certainly are not looking out for canada.

This is pretty damning stuff.  The Conservatives should be able to win based on this type of thing alone.

15 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Interesting....the Conservatives were impugned for far less...a $16 glass of orange juice.

A relatively squeaky-clean government, but the Liberals made hay with the relatively minor Mike Duffy affair much as Trump made hey with the hapless Clinton's 'private email server' heh heh.

23 hours ago, -TSS- said:

People compare the political cultures of the USA and Canada but I think that is quite futile considering the nature of the two countries.

It is more interesting to compare the political cultures of Canada and Australia as they are, despite the distance, very similar countries when the structure of the country is considered.

One major difference between these otherwise similar countries is that there doesn't seem to be in Canada at all a phenomenon which happens very often in Australia.

Namely, that the incumbent PM does not only have to worry about the next election and the opposition-party but in Australia the PM has been ousted many times as leader of the governing party and hence as PM. In the previous Labor-administration two party-leaders and PMs, Rudd and Gillard, both ousted each other.

The current PM also became PM by ousting the previous PM in the middle of an electoral-term.

Non-confidence is the specter that hangs over any sitting Canadian gov't. 

On 1/6/2018 at 6:22 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Interesting....the Conservatives were impugned for far less...a $16 glass of orange juice.

The sad part is ,she was from the north, where she would probably paid 3 times as much. Burt then the media put in the pic with the cig hanging out of her mouth. Not to women friendly.

• Like 1

On 7.1.2018 at 2:55 AM, DogOnPorch said:

Non-confidence is the specter that hangs over any sitting Canadian gov't. 

What I have checked through the history of Canadian politics it seems the closest thing to the PM being ousted by his own party was in 2003 when Chretien didn't seek re-election as party-leader but he was probably scared that he would lose to Paul Martin.

Do you agree?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -TSS- said:

What I have checked through the history of Canadian politics it seems the closest thing to the PM being ousted by his own party was in 2003 when Chretien didn't seek re-election as party-leader but he was probably scared that he would lose to Paul Martin.

Do you agree?

Oh yes...I mean from the other parties or MPs crossing the floor. Joe Clarke for example...

On 12/16/2017 at 9:46 AM, Argus said:

That's simply nonsense. Obama inherited a country which had barely survived a financial crisis which was just starting to bite, and survived it through adding trillions in financial support and incentives for business. The deep recession which followed was entirely self-made, caused by the previous Republican administration's criminal negligence and corruption.

Hmm, when Reagan took over the US was in the middle of  a recession with sky high inflation. The federal reserve had jacked up interest rates to 19%. Those interest rates began to plunge as inflation receded, and that probably had as much to do with spurring the economy - as the US came out of recession, as Regan's tax cuts. BTW, virtually all economists agree that Reagan's 'trickle down' theory failed. The refunds stayed with the wealthy and did NOT trickle down to the rest. Also, btw, the deficit was 1.5% of GDP in 1979. It would never get that low again until Bill Clinton's time and never return that low after Clinton's time.

Aw yes, when those so-called liberal experts and liberal economists speak we must all bow down and listen to and agree with them, no matter what they say is true or not, and just throw flowers at their feet, eh? It would appear as though Republicans can do nothing right as far as you are concerned. You have to be a liberal, and pro-democrat. All your posts point to that assumption. 

1 minute ago, taxme said:

Aw yes, when those so-called liberal experts and liberal economists speak we must all bow down and listen to and agree with them, no matter what they say is true or not, and just throw flowers at their feet, eh? It would appear as though Republicans can do nothing right as far as you are concerned. You have to be a liberal, and pro-democrat. All your posts point to that assumption. 

I think Argus is merely anti-Trump. And Trump don't care.

On 1/5/2018 at 5:46 PM, -TSS- said:

It looks like they have a lot of coups that go on in Australia. Has Australia joined and become another member of one of those third world countries now?  Just wondering. 

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I think Argus is merely anti-Trump. And Trump don't care.

Trump could careless about what Argus thinks or has to say about him. Trump deals with people like him all the time, and pretty much shuts them down with ease very quickly. 

Some people's kids, eh? :D

Just now, taxme said:

Trump could careless about what Argus thinks or has to say about him. Trump deals with people like him all the time, and pretty much shuts them down with ease very quickly. 

Some people's kids, eh? :D

He's a pal. Good egg.

Just now, taxme said:

Who is a pal and a good egg? Just asking. 

Argus...I have no beef with him and respect his anti-Trump stance as he has valid points rather than just Eeeeeek! Truuuuuuuump!!!!!

You're okay too when not engaging in odd Jewish conspiracies. ;) 

I'm not that polar to disown folks for disagreements. That's why we're here...correct?

35 minutes ago, taxme said:

Yes, with his biting twitter comments like being a very stable genius.

A lot of folks have Trump envy. And why not? He's been sailing through life like some American prince among men since my younger years. Doonesbury had a great long relationship with Trump as one of his main characters starting in the 80s...still does. (Sunday's strip)

Folks sorta wanna be him....but can't. So they lash out. It's that tall blade of grass stuff that Queen Sophie likes to harangue us all about. 

:P

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Argus...I have no beef with him and respect his anti-Trump stance as he has valid points rather than just Eeeeeek! Truuuuuuuump!!!!!

You're okay too when not engaging in odd Jewish conspiracies. ;) 

I'm not that polar to disown folks for disagreements. That's why we're here...correct?

I have no beef with him either. But he does like to give the impression that he is an expert on Trump and Russia/Putin. But yet he won't tell me why when I ask him as to why he despises Trump and Russia and what makes him think that he is an expert on Trump or Russia's foreign and domestic policies and their politics. I guess that he really is not an expert after all. 

So, who says that there is no Zionist Jewish conspiracies going on? Many websites seem to feel that there is. Hey, I just repeat what I read on the internet and post for members here to try and take it apart and then we can debate the subject. Let's get it out in the open if it is true, and not try to keep hiding it. How would I have known or heard anything about it if it were not for the internet. That is what makes the internet so fantastic. We the people can get and read the other side of a news story that the mainstream liberal media would never report on to we the sheeple. 

I may disagree with you, and you may disagree with me, and that should be accepted here without question. That is how things work on discussion websites like this one. If we all agreed on whatever is posted here there would be no fun here anymore. I enjoy someone here challenging me on my opinions and points of view, and I believe that they must have that right to do so, and I should be given that right also. I can live with all the accusations and insults that have been made against me but don't someone here go crying when I do the same thing to them. I am like Trump. If you want to attack me, than don't be surprised when I pay your attack back. Works for me. 

16 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Yes, with his biting twitter comments like being a very stable genius.

Trump is a genius. There is no doubt about it. Why you continue and fail to see this is beyond me. The likes of Obama, Hillary and Trudeau are far from being what one would call geniuses. They appear to be more like a bunch of deceitful, lying, corrupt and crooked ilk that have ever walked the earth. 

So,  where or why would you believe that Trump is not a genius? I need you to explain that one to me, if you can?  Over.