3 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Ask the last guy who promised "Hope and Change".....Trump is providing lots of the latter.

The country will be fine....that's how it got to be the global superpower that it is.

And very little of the former. And you got a pretty good boost toward your global position by using slaves to do the work while you reaped the profits.

.About the crowds numbers, the photo of the number many people by CNN, apparently it was taken soon after the gates open to the let the people in and there another photo of all of the  area was filled in and none of their photos had the time on them but if u want to see their pictures and decide for yourself they are online.

6 minutes ago, Topaz said:

.About the crowds numbers, the photo of the number many people by CNN, apparently it was taken soon after the gates open to the let the people in and there another photo of all of the  area was filled in and none of their photos had the time on them but if u want to see their pictures and decide for yourself they are online.

Here are the numbers I like...

Edited by DogOnPorch

1 hour ago, Topaz said:

The photos were taken at the same time (1 hour before the speech) in both cases.  Look up actual facts.

39 minutes ago, Topaz said:

I can't believe the hatred  that is going in the  good ole USA.....its really sad,  and what going to happen in their next election if Trump wins?

I don't get how someone who hated Harper so much can support Trump.

6 minutes ago, Smallc said:

I don't get how someone who hated Harper so much can support Trump.

You see a lot of that in reverse around here too,. Folks who love pipelines, and can't stand immigrants, and cheer big tax and regulatory cuts to corporations maintain they can't stand Trump. Because he's a buffoon?

Whatever.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Topaz said:

Don't worry about it.  I can see the Trump administration is handling the MSM(and his political enemies) like the Pied Piper.  They're going for the shiny bauble in one hand, and missing a lot of what he's signing with the other.  Classic misdirection, and their hysterical outrage is damaging their own efforts.  Plus his manipulation is accomplishing some other goals with regards to the media and crying wolf every day.  

Just now, sharkman said:

Don't worry about it.  I can see the Trump administration is handling the MSM(and his political enemies) like the Pied Piper.  They're going for the shiny bauble in one hand, and missing a lot of what he's signing with the other.  Classic misdirection, and their hysterical outrage is damaging their own efforts.  Plus his manipulation is accomplishing some other goals with regards to the media and crying wolf every day.  

Very good observation...so true.   Trump has the MSM back on its heels and wondering what to do about it.   President Trump and his WH spokesman single out media enemies and publicly holds them accountable.   The MSM is not used to being on the defensive.   There is nothing special about liars with a journalism degree.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Very good observation...so true.   Trump has the MSM back on its heels and wondering what to do about it.   President Trump and his WH spokesman single out media enemies and publicly holds them accountable.   The MSM is not used to being on the defensive.   There is nothing special about liars with a journalism degree.

I don't see them being back on their heels at all. Rather they are having a field day with what seems to be an endless supply of material from Trump's/Spicers' mouths.

Just now, Omni said:

I don't see them being back on their heels at all. Rather they are having a field day with what seems to be an endless supply of material from Trump's/Spicers' mouths.

Reagan did the same thing when he held his first press conferences...told the media rabble to sit down and shut-up...wait to be called on.   No more screaming and shouting at the president during press conferences as was common for President Carter.

13 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The phrase, educated fool, comes to mind.  It's going to be entertaining to watch the media sputter and shriek.  They'll have a short half life for sure.

Just now, ?Impact said:

Trump is no Reagan. You could disagree with Reagan on a whole host of issues, but you couldn't help but like him. Only the first part applies to Trump.

Trump's fan base is growing....will never match Reagan's.  

Younger folk here have no experience with the Reagan presidency....it was not all peaches and cream, including the media.

11 hours ago, Argus said:

You should be familiar with this tactic since you use it yourself frequently to excuse Islamic terrorism and barbaric cultural practices.

FFS, Argus.  Grow up.   This topic isn't about Muslims, nor is it about attacking me.   

11 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Few were keen on Hillary but Trump's lies are off the scale. They are way beyond the acceptable level of deceit that we expect from politicians. As PJ O'Rourke put it:

Trump's lies are only white lies, so not that bad.

I don't find it terribly interesting that Trump makes a few statements to get people's heads spinning around. What's interesting is the reaction, and the amount of energy wasted talking about it, while not talking about more esoteric matters involving policy.

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

...I don't find it terribly interesting that Trump makes a few statements to get people's heads spinning around. What's interesting is the reaction, and the amount of energy wasted talking about it, while not talking about more esoteric matters involving policy.

Yes...this is President Trump's strategy.  Muhammad Ali called it "Rope - A- Dope".

9 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Ask the last guy who promised "Hope and Change".....Trump is providing lots of the latter.

The country will be fine....that's how it got to be the global superpower that it is.

It didn't get that way via chancers (I typed chancres originally which would do just as well) like Trump. Great industries and weak neighbours were key ingredients.

Trump voters should get their passports and see what carnage really looks like out foreign. The US is still a great country to live in and has a lot to lose.

Veteran Trump watchers warn us to expect more of the same:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/trump-biographers-presidency-legitimate-214655

1 minute ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

It didn't get that way via chancers (I typed chancres originally which would do just as well) like Trump. Great industries and weak neighbours were key ingredients.

...and ruthless presidents, just like Trump.    The history is readily available for those who seek a balanced perspective.

6 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Trump's lies are only white lies, so not that bad.

I don't find it terribly interesting that Trump makes a few statements to get people's heads spinning around. What's interesting is the reaction, and the amount of energy wasted talking about it, while not talking about more esoteric matters involving policy.

We are not talking about Big Brother here. Presidents must expect extreme and constant scrutiny from the hour they are elected. Their job matters. We can only judge by what we have seen so far which is disturbing to say the least. The man is still going on about the election. Unbelievable.