His supporters do not care if he lies.

He lied the entire campaign, it doesn't matter to them.

Liberals and progressives erroneously believe that they will just explain the facts to dumb uneducated rednecks and the rednecks will come around to their side.

Does not work.  These people are low income, low education, low impulse control for a reason.  They behave entirely emotionally, it is not about facts to them.  To capture them, you need to use emotions.

Just now, hernanday said:

Liberals and progressives erroneously believe that they will just explain the facts to dumb uneducated rednecks

What about the ones who are on this website who don't seem to be poor or uneducated?  

20 minutes ago, The_Squid said:

What about the ones who are on this website who don't seem to be poor or uneducated?  

They have mealy ears and lie about what they heard so they can change the subject.  As I've said before we're seeing that politics is just about indistinguishable from a typical back alley political forum now, and is underscoring the need for some real moderation and facilitation.

There will have to be some sort of revolution within the ranks of the media I think to ever effect some change in verifying the facts it reports but of course this will only increase the stridency of those who will screech that the media is biased.

These are very very dangerous times on planet Babel - where the failure to understand is actively facilitated if not encouraged by people who should DO know better.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

They all lie of course, to varying degrees. Hillary was caught on some lies and some stories that just don't ring true (emails). But she was already pretty much anathema to democrat voters even before the election. Trump being out of the question for them as well, large numbers of democrat voters chose to not vote at all.

Bernie Sanders got screwed. He said he was the only one who could beat Trump. I wonder if he was right.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

So what ?

That's a very amoral stance, but not patriotic.  You tend to pick between two sets of principles.  At some point, lies would presumably bother you if they threatened the well-being of your nation.  That's only natural.  So I will look to you as a bell-weather:  once I see you going against the current administration, I will know that something is truly wrong.

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

That's a very amoral stance, but not patriotic.  You tend to pick between two sets of principles.  At some point, lies would presumably bother you if they threatened the well-being of your nation.  That's only natural.  So I will look to you as a bell-weather:  once I see you going against the current administration, I will know that something is truly wrong.

This doesn't make any sense...lies would never bother me...lies are strategic and tactical tools.   Guess again....keep your day job.

6 minutes ago, eyeball said:

They have mealy ears and lie about what they heard so they can change the subject.  As I've said before we're seeing that politics is just about indistinguishable from a typical back alley political forum now, and is underscoring the need for some real moderation and facilitation.

Corruption is like a disease that festers and spreads. It seems like a civilization eventually declines to the point that corruption brings about its own demise. That is the time when a society is divided against itself. Then, there is no chance for moderation or facilitation.

Then, as Oswald Spengler writes in "Decline of the Occident", the people shall willingly elect a strongman to rule over them, because the only way to solve the ills is to destroy. When political parties reach a level of non-cooperation such that they are paralyzed, such that no more progress can be made, none of the serious problems can be solved, then only a dictator with supreme executive power can bring about the change that is needed. Some may call it "Caesarism".

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

This doesn't make any sense...lies would never bother me...lies are strategic and tactical tools.   Guess again....keep your day job.

Interesting take, and also amoral.  My guess is that there is always a clash between two sets of principles, and if you adhere to both there comes a time to pick and choose.  If there is an extreme result from the current administration, your posts will change somehow.  It may not be in a way that any of us can predict now, but it will happen.  That's my prediction.

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

...Then, as Oswald Spengler writes in "Decline of the Occident", the people shall willingly elect a strongman to rule over them, because the only way to solve the ills is to destroy.

Agreed....economics calls it "creative destruction".   FDR got so powerful the U.S. added term limits to the constitution.

Just now, Michael Hardner said:

Interesting take, and also amoral.  My guess is that there is always a clash between two sets of principles, and if you adhere to both there comes a time to pick and choose.  If there is an extreme result from the current administration, your posts will change somehow.  It may not be in a way that any of us can predict now, but it will happen.  That's my prediction.

You're assuming honest answers and not just posting for the sake of being a "devil's advocate", or something like that.... 

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

More lying disguised as "prediction" ?    I didn't vote for Trump because of fiscal concerns....Trump is doing exactly what was expected.  

Hey, did Obama ever get around to closing 'Gitmo ?

1 minute ago, Moonlight Graham said:

His 1st instinct is to lie.  Also to deflect, insult etc.  It's very problematic.  Put him on a court stand for an hour and I think he'd have a hard time not committing perjury just based on habit.

Just like another U.S. president that is still loved by liberals...even in Canada.    President Bill Clinton.

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

How is lying about the rain or the attendance strategic?   Unless it was to guage the gullibility of their supporters?  

Just now, dialamah said:

How is lying about the rain or the attendance strategic?   Unless it was to guage the gullibility of their supporters?  

It keeps news media focused on shiny things, instead of other issues.  

Why did Obama lie about Americans being able to keep their health insurance and doctors ?