6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

So what...Bill Clinton was impeached too...served two full terms.   It's much harder to bring down a sitting U.S. president than a Canadian PM.

How many US Presidents were removed from office compared to how many Canadian Prime Ministers?

Andrew Jackson and Bill Clinton were acquitted, and Richard Nixon resigned before any impeachment proceedings.

I am not aware of any Canadian Prime Minster being removed from office, or even getting that close. Certainly minority term Prime Ministers have been removed by losing a vote of confidence, but that is our normal democratic process.

Just now, ?Impact said:

...I am not aware of any Canadian Prime Minster being removed from office, or even getting that close. Certainly minority term Prime Ministers have been removed by losing a vote of confidence, but that is our normal democratic process.

You have answered your own question...it is part of the process...easy peasy compared to convicting a U.S. president in the Senate.

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

You have answered your own question...it is part of the process...easy peasy compared to convicting a U.S. president in the Senate.

Yes and no. Absolutely the political systems are quite different, as is accountability in them, but if you look at the votes there was certainly a strong partisan factor to consider. If the same held true in a majority government in Canada, it might be difficult to remove a Prime Minister in similar circumstances. I wouldn't say one system is easier than the other, or better (more accountable) than the other, they are different and that difference will be affected by many factors. 

18 hours ago, Topaz said:

.About the crowds numbers, the photo of the number many people by CNN, apparently it was taken soon after the gates open to the let the people in a

No it wasn't. It was taken right before the speech, same as the other one. This has been proven. 

14 hours ago, sharkman said:

The phrase, educated fool, comes to mind.  It's going to be entertaining to watch the media sputter and shriek.  They'll have a short half life for sure.

As opposed to the uneducated fools who constitute the majority of Trump's supportes?

"I love the poorly educated!"

13 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Trump's lies are only white lies, so not that bad.

I don't find it terribly interesting that Trump makes a few statements to get people's heads spinning around.

Do you know anything about the Republican Party's efforts over the past several years, all across the US to make it harder for the poor and minorities to vote? All of them are defended by their claims of voter fraud as justification for implementing voter ID laws which would disproportionately affect the poor. They are designed to keep as many low income and visible minority citizens as possible away from the voting booths. As a guy who had to be repeatedly sued by the government because he didn't want to rent to blacks, and whose employees says they had to hide black people away whenever he visited, this would be something Trump would be helping support by his statements about huge voter fraud taking place. It would help justify further efforts. So far some of those efforts have been beaten back by the supreme court, but I'm guessing whoever Trump appoints to the SC is not going to be any more of a fan of minority voting than Trump is.

So yes, it is important.

Edited by Argus

Oh, you mean making it harder for undocumented illegals in the country without permission.  Yeah you're right, they should be allowed to vote anyway if they're poor or a minority.  All day every day and twice on Sundays.

Edited by sharkman

7 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Oh, you mean making it harder for undocumented illegals in the country without permission.  Yeah you're right, they should be allowed to vote anyway if they're poor or a minority.  All day every day and twice on Sundays.

No, if I meant undocumented illegals I wouldn't have said citizens. Every study done on this has shown the efforts of Republicans impact poorer and minority CITIZENS. 

8 minutes ago, sharkman said:

All voter jurisdictions in the US have completed their election verification results with no appreciable sign of voter fraud. I guess you trust Trump's "notion" stemming from his narcissism over the people who have actually monitored the process. 

20 minutes ago, Argus said:

Truth hurts?

Given that you've dragged from other threads specifically to misrepresent what I've posted and attack me, I'd say you are the one who finds the truth too painful to face. 

Anyway, Trump is implementing your wet dream on his immigration policy.   Perhaps its time you stopped being a hypocrite and admit just how much you and he have in common - misrepresenting facts and targetting innocent people due to irrational and unfounded fears.

13 hours ago, taxme said:

Why can't anyone see by now that the fake and phony liberal media is full of liars. They practice lying, it is a part of their job. I hope that Trump can put to rest the main scream lying liberal media once and for all. President Trump is just getting going, and I like what I have seen and heard so far.

Would you prefer no media instead? Or perhaps media controlled by the leader?

3 hours ago, Argus said:

No, if I meant undocumented illegals I wouldn't have said citizens. Every study done on this has shown the efforts of Republicans impact poorer and minority CITIZENS. 

Sure, whatever leftwing studies out there would say this.  And of course eight years of Obama didn't help, right?  You never hear about this kind of nonsense until AFTER the president friendly to their cause gets booted out.  Then the sky is falling again.

Edited by sharkman

12 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Sure, whatever leftwing studies out there would say this.  And of course eight years of Obama didn't help, right?  You never here about this kind of nonsense until AFTER the president friendly to their cause gets booted out.  Then the sky is falling again.

Agreed...you win....another beer!

(passes a cold one)

17 hours ago, sharkman said:

Don't worry about it.  I can see the Trump administration is handling the MSM(and his political enemies) like the Pied Piper.  They're going for the shiny bauble in one hand, and missing a lot of what he's signing with the other.  Classic misdirection, and their hysterical outrage is damaging their own efforts.  Plus his manipulation is accomplishing some other goals with regards to the media and crying wolf every day.  

Cyber look!  Inauguration crowds!

2 hours ago, sharkman said:

Sure, whatever leftwing studies out there would say this.  And of course eight years of Obama didn't help, right?  You never here about this kind of nonsense until AFTER the president friendly to their cause gets booted out.  Then the sky is falling again.

Are you saying you believe there is rampant election fraud? Do you think the results of the previous election can be trusted?

6 hours ago, Omni said:

All voter jurisdictions in the US have completed their election verification results with no appreciable sign of voter fraud.

They caught a Canadian illegal in New York...voting in several elections.

So Trump was right...on two different issues.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

21 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

One can do both, you know. The US affects the world and Canada to an extreme degree. That's one reason why we give a damn about it. 

From all the talk here one would swear that America and Trump is all that there is to talk about. If the Canadian media would stop talking about Trump, no Canadian would than care less what Trump does. It is this fake and phony liberal media that keeps the constant bull and lies about Trump going. The Canadian liberal media despise him. Canada has nothing to fear from Trump, and what he is going to do. All it means for Canadians is that there will be a slight adjustment as to how things are going to be done in the near future now that Trump is in. 

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

From all the talk here one would swear that America and Trump is all that there is to talk about. If the Canadian media would stop talking about Trump, no Canadian would than care less what Trump does. It is this fake and phony liberal media that keeps the constant bull and lies about Trump going. The Canadian liberal media despise him. Canada has nothing to fear from Trump, and what he is going to do. All it means for Canadians is that there will be a slight adjustment as to how things are going to be done in the near future now that Trump is in. 

Well, this is the US politics section of a political website. We are here to express our opinions about such things.

It will take years to know whether Trump succeeds or not, obviously. Can he get that 4% annual growth that washes away all sins? No idea. What is clear is that he has just started off at a sprightly pace but a grueling marathon awaits.  

I heard some expert say we are now running a trade deficit with the US which is good news in the Age of Trump.

20 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Well, this is the US politics section of a political website. We are here to express our opinions about such things.

It will take years to know whether Trump succeeds or not, obviously. Can he get that 4% annual growth that washes away all sins? No idea. What is clear is that he has just started off at a sprightly pace but a grueling marathon awaits.  

I heard some expert say we are now running a trade deficit with the US which is good news in the Age of Trump.

I am pretty sure that you can find plenty of interesting news stories to talk about that goes on in America besides Trump. Chicago would be a great place to start. Even Trump is concerned about Chicago and all the killings going on in that city. Trump has even said that if mayor Rahm Emanueal doesn't do something soon about crime Trump says that he will do something about it, and will send in the National guard if need be. How is that for a news story?