America under President Trump

https://apnews.com/61415760238042f2ad7bc38acc2f468c

Donald Trump holds the most powerful office in the world. But he's dogged by insecurity over his loss of the popular vote in the election and a persistent frustration that the legitimacy of his presidency is being challenged by Democrats and the media, aides and associates say.

The bad press over the weekend has not allowed Trump to "enjoy" the White House as he feels he deserves, according to one person who has spoken with him.

Those around Trump are trying to get the cable news consumer-in-chief to be near a television less often, according to one person who has spoken with him.

I don't really put a lot of faith in leaks, especially the catty variety.  But Trump's house seems to have some snitches in it... on day 2 no less.

9 hours ago, Argus said:

You don't think the government telling bald faced lies to you, lies that are obviously disprovable, matters?

My government lies all the time, by collecting my taxes and promising to do something good with them, then squandering the money on something useless, or on themselves. The motivation for wanting a Trump comes out of exasperation and anger. Trump tapped directly into that when he said he would "drain the swamp"... probably the line that got him most of his supporters. People want to see action on important things, not waste time arguing about who had the best inauguration.

4 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

My government lies all the time, by collecting my taxes and promising to do something good with them, then squandering the money on something useless, or on themselves.

You don't think your government does good with your taxes? Maybe it isn't as efficient as we'd like it to be, but large organizations rarely are. I don't see how that qualifies as lying.

Trump just can't seem to quit tripping over his over inflated ego, so he continues to waste time fretting over vote counts and parade attendance and Spicer keeps getting sent out to try and challenge generally accepted facts that should be put behind them. Oh well, nobody doubted it was gonna be a circus.

25 minutes ago, Omni said:

Trump just can't seem to quit tripping over his over inflated ego, so he continues to waste time fretting over vote counts and parade attendance and Spicer keeps getting sent out to try and challenge generally accepted facts that should be put behind them. Oh well, nobody doubted it was gonna be a circus.

I hardly think Trump is wasting any time.  If you only watch CNN or MSNBC, you have no idea of what is actually going on, but I assure you he's quite busy with presidential stuff.

27 minutes ago, Omni said:

Actually, Trump has gotten more done in two days that Trudeau has gotten done in an entire year.

2 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

I hardly think Trump is wasting any time.  If you only watch CNN or MSNBC, you have no idea of what is actually going on, but I assure you he's quite busy with presidential stuff.

What's "presidential" about continuing to whine over having lost the popular vote by making totally unfounded statements about voter fraud?

25 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

"Presidential stuff"

Dear Detroit carmakers,

You have 30 days to tell me how we are going to Make America Great again.

8 minutes ago, ?Impact said:

Once he hits his first snag in Congress the Ermächtigungsgesetz will follow.

I can see how Trump and many of his cronies would peddle the amendment as being necessary for efficiency. 

Trump and his board of executives probably regard Congress and the Senate as little more than shareholders so.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

It's game on refugees and illegal immigrants...President Trump is slewing his big guns their way now.

President Donald Trump is expected to sign executive orders starting on Wednesday that include a temporary ban on most refugees and a suspension of visas for citizens of Syria and six other Middle Eastern and African countries, according to several congressional aides and immigration experts briefed on the matter.

...Another order will block visas being issued to anyone from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen, said the aides and experts, who asked not to be identified.

In his tweet late on Tuesday, Trump said: "Big day planned on NATIONAL SECURITY tomorrow. Among many other things, we will build the wall!"

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-immigration-exclusive-idUSKBN1582XQ?il=0

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

It's game on refugees and illegal immigrants...President Trump is slewing his big guns their way now.

Oh to be a constitutional lawyer in the US just now. The suits will be endless and lawyers will be the only beneficiaries. Go Donald!

Just now, Omni said:

Oh to be a constitutional lawyer in the US just now. The suits will be endless and lawyers will be the only beneficiaries. Go Donald!

Better be a lawyer in the U.S. legally or it's party over....get out !    Deport all illegals now...no exceptions.   President Trump's ratings will soar.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Better be a lawyer in the U.S. legally or it's party over....get out !    Deport all illegals now...no exceptions.   President Trump's ratings will soar.

Until the country shuts down because of its massive dependence on illegal labour. Store shelves will stop being stocked, it will be like the old days in the Soviet union. Trump hotels will stop being built, their elevators will stop functioning, rooms will no longer be cleaned, etc.

Just now, ?Impact said:

Until the country shuts down because of its massive dependence on illegal labour. Store shelves will stop being stocked, it will be like the old days in the Soviet union. Trump hotels will stop being built, their elevators will stop functioning, rooms will no longer be cleaned, etc.

Oh well...will have to use legal immigrants instead...oh what a shame.

More jobs for Americans and legals.    Build The Wall !!!

26 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

So ?   Beef  has already doubled...with illegals !

America will never let itself be cut off from cheap labor. Trump or no Trump. Slavery turned out to be very profitable. And really, how hard can it be to dig a tunnel under a wall?