America under President Trump

14 minutes ago, Omni said:

Have you actually looked at the cast of "characters" Trump has lined up? Discerning people would have difficulties voting in favor of a lot of them. Billionaire buddies of Putin's, known racists, climate change deniers, one who said he would like to get rid of the deptartment he now heads, when he can remember the name of it, etc., etc.  

So, you are in fact completely blaming Trump for this "divide"!

1 minute ago, Hal 9000 said:

So, you are in fact completely blaming Trump for this "divide"!

He picks his people, I don't. And he makes his comments like "you can grab 'em by the P****Y because I'm a celebrity". And he wants to take away women's rights, and he and his press secretary both lied, and he has appointed people with some dubious backgrounds and some of whom are rich people that I doubt care much about anything other than becoming richer. Yep, I blame him for the divide.

4 minutes ago, Omni said:

He picks his people, I don't. And he makes his comments like "you can grab 'em by the P****Y because I'm a celebrity". And he wants to take away women's rights, and he and his press secretary both lied, and he has appointed people with some dubious backgrounds and some of whom are rich people that I doubt care much about anything other than becoming richer. Yep, I blame him for the divide.

Good grief!  Trump won specifically because Obama caused such a divide.  Don't you people get that?

In Trump's America, liberal SNL comedy writer gets suspended for mocking Barron Trump.   Social media shaming works in both directions:

Katie Rich, a writer for “Saturday Night Live,” has been suspended from her position at that show following a widely criticized post she made Friday on her personal Twitter account in which she mocked Barron Trump, the 10-year-old son of President Donald J. Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/arts/television/katie-rich-snl-suspended-barron-trump-tweet.html

Edited by bush_cheney2004

9 minutes ago, Omni said:

No, naive people believe Sean Spicer and/or Trump about the number of  people on the mall at the inauguration. I'm talking about actual polls.

Most people don't care about the minutia of how many people were at an inauguration.  The press likes to focus on whatever they can to feed you people.  Anyway, what about those who think Obama did a lousy job?

4 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

Most people don't care about the minutia of how many people were at an inauguration.  The press likes to focus on whatever they can to feed you people.  Anyway, what about those who think Obama did a lousy job?

Obama comes out with about 55% approval rating. Trump starts off with about 37%. Read 'em and weep.

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

Obama comes out with about 55% approval rating. Trump starts off with about 37%. Read 'em and weep.

Who cares...seriously dude - WhoTF cares?  The fact is; Obama divided the US into groups and had people pick their sides - the results are what we're seeing today,    

1 minute ago, Hal 9000 said:

Who cares...seriously dude - WhoTF cares?  The fact is; Obama divided the US into groups and had people pick their sides - the results are what we're seeing today,    

I don't remember Obama dividing US and international women into groups of millions who picked a side against him 2 days after his election.

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Anybody remember the global protests against the TPP ?  Guess who just became their biggest ally....President Trump.

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/19843-trans-pacific-partnership-we-will-not-obey-building-a-global-resistance-movement-to-transnational-corporate-power

Oh my...

:lol:

Let's stick it to the man by becoming...the man...hey, wait, wha'?

Trump’s first job approval rating is the lowest for any new president
  FIRST JOB APPROVAL RATINGS
YEAR PRESIDENT APPROVE DISAPPROVE NET APPROVAL
1945 Harry Truman 87% 3% +84
1963 Lyndon Johnson 78 2 +76
1974 Gerald Ford 71 3 +68
1961 John Kennedy 72 6 +66
1953 Dwight Eisenhower 68 7 +61
1977 Jimmy Carter 66 8 +58
2009 Barack Obama 68 12 +56
1969 Richard Nixon 59 5 +54
1989 George H.W. Bush 51 6 +45
1993 Bill Clinton 58 20 +38
1981 Ronald Reagan 55 18 +37
2001 George W. Bush 57 25 +32
2017 Donald Trump 45 45 0

SOURCE: GALLUP

Lowest approval, highest disapproval....    An entertaining start to the presidency!!

Edited by The_Squid

Sen. Bernie Sanders and Democrats praised President Donald Trump for abandoning the Trans-Pacific Partnership.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt), who campaigned hard against the Trans-Pacific Partnership in last year’s Democratic presidential primaries, praised President Trump for an executive order to officially pull the United States out of the deal.

“I am glad the Trans-Pacific Partnership is dead and gone,” Sanders said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/01/23/sanders-praises-trump-for-nixing-tpp-delighted-to-work-with-him-on-pro-worker-policies/?utm_term=.57b8a1b4d773

Edited by bush_cheney2004

14 hours ago, eyeball said:

Right, change the goalposts from attendance in Washington to the view from the whole planet.

It must be heartening to see your posting style normalized into a new style of governance.

No changing of goalposts.  It's just a matter of understanding the statement.