America under President Trump

Just now, eyeball said:

What is it that bothers you so much about right-wing conservatives using the term inhumanity before AOC did? 

I am in agreement with people who say that there is a crisis at the border. I never said there wasn't one. It's multi-faceted. It involves human trafficking, drugs, terrorists, people are dying in the desert, the cartels are making a small fortune, families are still getting separated at the border, it's an expensive problem, the tens of thousands of daily interactions between border guards and illegal immigrants will eventually result in an unfortunate incident, and the US can't handle immigration at the current rate, etc. 

I think that the Dems are working much harder to gain political points from it than they are at trying to solve the problem. Case in point, AOC.

She is talking (lying) about intentional inhumanity, not the fact that detention centers are overcrowded resulting in "inhumane conditions". It's worth noting that she also voted against money to battle the problem. 

Forcing people to drink out of toilets would be intentional inhumanity if it was really happening. Calling the detention centers "concentration camps" is another massive lie/insult at the exact same level. (Ironically, we all know that almost everyone in North America equates concentration camps with the holocaust and think that the holocaust was a horrible thing, but one of the members of the squad said that "she gets a calming feeling in her body when she thinks about the holocaust". You'd think that they'd steer clear of the topic, but I guess it doesn't really matter because CNN will never mention that.) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Forcing people to drink out of toilets would be intentional inhumanity if it was really happening. Calling the detention centers "concentration camps" is another massive lie/insult at the exact same level. (Ironically, we all know that almost everyone in North America equates concentration camps with the holocaust and think that the holocaust was a horrible thing, but one of the members of the squad said that "she gets a calming feeling in her body when she thinks about the holocaust". You'd think that they'd steer clear of the topic, but I guess it doesn't really matter because CNN will never mention that.) 

I'd love a cite on that. 

Tlaib:

REP. RASHIDA TLAIB (D-MI): There's always kind of a calming feeling I tell folks when I think of the Holocaust, and the tragedy of the Holocaust, and the fact that it was my ancestors, Palestinians, who lost their land and some lost their lives, their livelihood, their human dignity, their existence in many ways, have been wiped out, and some people's passports.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/rashida-tlaib-says-thinking-of-the-holocaust-provides-her-a-calming-feeling-shockingly-claims-palestinians-created-safe-haven-for-jews

Then she said this:

Policing my words, twisting & turning them to ignite vile attacks on me will not work. All of you who are trying to silence me will fail miserably. I will never allow you to take my words out of context to push your racist and hateful agenda. The truth will always win.

Lol. What a hideous loser.

In a way it's good to see these high profile say what they really think, but it's sad that they rise so high in politics when they're so loathsome.

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

It's interesting that Trump told these ladies to go back to the 'shit hole' nation they came from when 3 of the 4 were born in the USA.

I am not surprised people are not seeing the irony in that kind of statement.

4 hours ago, GostHacked said:

It's interesting that Trump told these ladies to go back to the 'shit hole' nation they came from when 3 of the 4 were born in the USA.

I am not surprised people are not seeing the irony in that kind of statement.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

You just blew past a crazy statement by a vile bigot without even commenting on it.

What Tlaib said was easily 1,000 times worse than anything Trump ever said so let's just hear your comment on her GH. 

7 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

You just blew past a crazy statement by a vile bigot without even commenting on it.

What Tlaib said was easily 1,000 times worse than anything Trump ever said so let's just hear your comment on her GH. 

We can take those statements to task, that might be good for another thread. I doubt it would be a civil conversation for long.

Still my statement stands.  The irony in Trump telling these 4 ladies to go back to their 'shithole' country when 3 out of the 4 were born in the USA.  By that alone, Trump is saying something vile about the nation he runs. So that might mean that Trump actually agrees with what these ladies say about the USA. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GostHacked said:

Trump telling these 4 ladies to go back to their 'shithole' country when 3 out of the 4 were born in the USA.

Yeah, but some folk understand that non-white people born in a white country don't actually belong, so sending them back to "their" country makes perfect sense. 

Here's what the left should do.

1. Appear to back these four women 100%...accomplished.

2. Let these four women set the tone for the 2020 Democrat election bid...accomplished.

3. Let them rant on and on about crazy azz sheet that only Mao and Joseph Stalin would like...accomplished.

4. When reasonable Democrats try to rein-in these four...heh...mavericks...reject their attempts and cast the reasonable as racists. Accomplished.

5. Call Trump names...always effective...accomplished.

6. Appear to care more about illegal non-citizens in the USA that actual citizens of the USA...a no-brainer...accomplished.

7. Repeat steps 1-6 until impeachment of Trump...though impossible...is achieved. Almost there...any minute, now.

It appear that actually, the Democrats are almost as ready as they're going to get. Good luck in 2020!

20 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Not to mention, she's the one who said “Impeach The Mother-F***er” on her first day of office. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dialamah said:

Yeah, but some folk understand that non-white people born in a white country don't actually belong, so sending them back to "their" country makes perfect sense. 

Once again you guys are off on your own bullshit tangent, just making things up to make yourselves feel morally superior instead of just conducting civil, thoughtful, insightful dialogue. 

I dare you to try and sit in front of CNN for just one hour and think really hard about whether or not the things that they are saying are actually true or if they're a twisted, politicized concoction that doesn't represent the accurate and meaningful truths of the story at all.

Let's PVR the same show and you don't even have to pick out the lies the first time around, you can just find one or two topics that they hit on that you believe in your heart of hearts to be 100% accurate and on point and we can discuss that. I dare you try and find even one thing that you can hang your hat on, aside from a fluff story that's thrown in there to make themselves look compassionate and sincere. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

I dare you to try and sit in front of CNN

I don't watch CNN.  Or CBC News.  Or MSNBC News.   I see "news" on here and on FB, which I then "investigate" by finding credible media stories, and/or checking politifact or snopes.  By credible media, I mean those that avoid "clickbait" headlines and who's rating on mediabiasfact check is either "least biased" or "slightly" left or right.  I spend more time proving or disproving, to my satisfaction, what is claimed than I do posting. 

Edited by dialamah

5 hours ago, GostHacked said:

We can take those statements to task, that might be good for another thread. I doubt it would be a civil conversation for long.

Still my statement stands.  The irony in Trump telling these 4 ladies to go back to their 'shithole' country when 3 out of the 4 were born in the USA.  By that alone, Trump is saying something vile about the nation he runs. So that might mean that Trump actually agrees with what these ladies say about the USA. 

He didn't say go back to your shithole countries, so once again you're lying.

If you want to actually paraphrase his argument accurately it reads more like: "You guys seem to think America is really bad, and you're still proudly carrying the torch for the places and the cultures that your family came from, but those places are in fact far worse than America in every meaningful way, so why don't you clean up the places that you came from so that your arguments about how bad America is actually start to make sense? Then by all means, please come back and help us make our country better as well." 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dialamah said:

I don't watch CNN.  Or CBC News.  Or MSNBC News.   I see "news" on here and on FB, which I then "investigate" by finding credible media stories, and/or checking politifact or snopes.  By credible media, I mean those that avoid "clickbait" headlines and who's rating on mediabiasfact check is either "least biased" or "slightly" left or right.  I spend more time proving or disproving, to my satisfaction, what is claimed than I do posting. 

Riiiiight. And after all that you say insightful things like:

Straight from CNN talking points 101. "We don't have any actual facts on our side, so let's go on an accusation/virtue-signalling campaign. Get some suckas riled up!'

30 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

He didn't say go back to your shithole countries, so once again you're lying.

Well in my mind that is what he meant to say.

30 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

If you want to actually paraphrase his argument accurately it reads more like: "You guys seem to think America is really bad, and you're still proudly carrying the torch for the places and the cultures that your family came from, but those places are in fact far worse than America in every meaningful way, so why don't you clean up the places that you came from so that your arguments about how bad America is actually start to make sense? Then by all means, please come back and help us make our country better as well." 

Again 3 of the 4 ladies were BOOOOORN IN THE USA !!!!!

Just now, mikeymike said:

Canadians, why does Trump bother you so much? He is not leader of your country nor of the world. He is leader of just one country.

Not all Canadians dislike Trump. It's split down the middle...just like in the USA.