Islamophobia in Canada

President Trump is not an ideology but rather a symptom and reflexive rejection of Liberal and globalist ideologies.   Trump's impact and domination of the political space in Canada is a longstanding dominance and neurosis irrespective of ideology or political party.   Trump is the president of a foreign country who dares to confront radical Islam for what it is and has been long before he was elected.    The Canadian political framework is not robust enough to handle such political extremes because it is balanced far to the left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:
1 hour ago, Argus said:

If you don't think Trudeau is left wing given his life, everything he's said, and his upbringing, I'm not sure what you consider to be left wing. Do you actually think Trudeau is some sort of military supporting warmonger? :huh:

Socially, he's average-left but he won't put himself behind anything truly leftist. It's all platitudes.

What do you regard as truly leftist? I mean, most truly leftist beliefs tend to fail against reality. Our health care system, for example, is truly leftist in that it bans capitalism and the profit motive. The European health care systems, by comparison, are merely left, and so have some common sense and work better.

1) Me too.  I had low hopes for Trump but he turned out to not have the temperament, character or intelligence to lead.  At all.

That was obvious well before the election. A more contemptible man has never, in my experience, reached high office in the West.

2) ?  Are you really saying Conservatism has influenced immigration policy for the better ?  I'm not disagreeing but I am curious as to how you think so.

Not especially. It was the Progressive Conservatives, remember, who tripled immigration in hopes the new immigrants would vote for them. Harper tinkered, but he, like the Liberals before and after him, enjoyed using immigration as a boost to his popularity with ethnic communities. But then Harper sublimated his conservatism to his ardent desire for political success, forgetting, perhaps, that political success is of little use if you don't DO anything with it.

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

President Trump is not an ideology but rather a symptom and reflexive rejection of Liberal and globalist ideologies.   Trump's impact and domination of the political space in Canada is a longstanding dominance and neurosis irrespective of ideology or political party.   Trump is the president of a foreign country who dares to confront radical Islam for what it is and has been long before he was elected.    The Canadian political framework is not robust enough to handle such political extremes because it is balanced far to the left.

Right it is, and I doubt that our current gov't would stand up to the type of Islamic demands they are getting elsewhere e.g. An  Australian Muslim psychologist is calling for  Australia to introduce special laws for followers of Islam.  She believes Sharia law should be applied in Australia and anyone who disagrees is a bigot.   Canada doesn't have the demographics yet but eventually we will, then watch out for the demands.  

Never mind that Muslims have been responsible for only two out of the 487 “terrorism”-related deaths in Canada recorded in the Canadian Incident Database since 1960; that both of these casualties from “Muslim terrorism” were caused by white men born in Canada (Martin Couture-Rouleau and Michael Zehaf-Bibeau); that extreme right-wing and white supremacist groups have murdered and assaulted several times more people than “Muslim terrorists” have; and that in the U.S., too, there have been no deadly “terror” attacks by immigrants from any of the countries targeted by Trump’s ban, while the radical right wing has been responsible for 73 per cent of fatal extremist incidents since 9-11 (as documented in a report released this April by the U.S. Government Accountability Office).

When it comes to Muslims, neither data nor logic nor our self-proclaimed “Canadian values” - pluralism, equality, humanitarianism - seem to matter.

10 minutes ago, marcus said:

....and that in the U.S., too, there have been no deadly “terror” attacks by immigrants from any of the countries targeted by Trump’s ban,

How wonderful....Americans (and Canadians) should be more tolerant because such terrorists have only managed to assault, stab, slash, and lacerate people on top of property destruction.   The Canadian terrorist who stabbed a police officer in Flint Michigan is no big deal because it wasn't "deadly", just life threatening.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

How wonderful....Americans (and Canadians) should be more tolerant because such terrorists have only managed to assault, stab, slash, and lacerate people on top of property destruction.   The Canadian terrorist who stabbed a police officer in Flint Michigan is no big deal because it wasn't "deadly", just life threatening.

You should be more worried about the crazy right wingers more than Muslim terrorists. They continue to kill a lot more Americans than Muslim terrorists.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, marcus said:

You should be more worried about the crazy right wingers more than Muslim terrorists. They continue to kill a lot more Americans than Muslim terrorists.

Ahh, but American crazy right wingers have constitutional rights, just like sweet little Omar.

Foreign national jihadists, not so much.

Tell us all again about how all the non-fatal stabbings are OK, please.

Ahh, but American crazy right wingers have constitutional rights, just like sweet little Omar.

Foreign national jihadists, not so much.

Tell us all again about how all the non-fatal stabbings are OK, please.

Why get fixated on something that happens, almost never?

Tell me again why you are so scared of Muslims?

I have been living with Muslims all my life without fear.

NYC has more mosques than in all of Canada.

My congressman is a Muslim.

Try again....

Okay. So you're good with Muslims. Then it's Scribblet, Betsy, Argus, etc. etc. who are scared of Muslims.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

You don't speak for me...or them.  

Relax. I don't claim to speak for you or anyone else. But I do share my personal observation.

Why are you so scared of people who would ban radical Islamic terrorists ?

I love how you followed up your first comment with the above.

Anyway, I'm not. I think anyone who poses a danger to the public should be monitored and if needed, banned. Whether the person has the potential to be a radical Islamic terrorist or a radical Christian terrorist or any other terrorist. That's of course, without breaking the law. We're on a roll here. Do you agree with that as well?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

You don't speak for me...or them.  

Why are you so scared of people who would ban radical Islamic terrorists ?

I assume any people known to be radical extremists would be refused entry.

It's unclear what banning all people from Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen will accomplish. I'm quite sure the vast majority of people from those countries are not Islamic extremists, and many aren't even Muslim.

It's just a big cheesy show.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marcus said:

Relax. I don't claim to speak for you or anyone else. But I do share my personal observation.

I love how you followed up your first comment with the above.

Yes...see how I worked that right back at you ?

My "personal observation" is that Israel is about the size of New Jersey or Vancouver Island, not a huge nation like the USA or Canada...occupying "aboriginal" land.

7 hours ago, marcus said:

When it comes to Muslims, neither data nor logic nor our self-proclaimed “Canadian values” - pluralism, equality, humanitarianism - seem to matter.

I think drawing conclusions from your data would be biased, since it only considers "successful" terrorist operations. It does not address the number of attempts that have been thwarted, thanks to intense surveillance. There must be good reason for authorities to be watching this closely, eh? Otherwise if it was all as nice as you seem to indicate, no reason to monitor their activities. Hint: the authorities know something you apparently don't know, even if they don't say it publicly.

Second, there is a difference between the action of random lone wolves or crackpots who aren't linked with any common ideology, and a cult that calls on its members to perform jihad around the world.

Third is their book, which advocates killing jews in some verses and these verses are commonly preached in their mosques, with full attendance of "ordinary" muslims who have no problem hearing it at all.

11 hours ago, marcus said:

Okay. So you're good with Muslims. Then it's Scribblet, Betsy, Argus, etc. etc. who are scared of Muslims.

It's not that we are scared of Muslims. It's that, unlike you, we are quite fond of Canada, and our secular, sophisticated Western culture and value system. You approach things from a different mindset in that you despise Canada and all Western nations and values and want them to be destroyed in favour of some kind of Marxist utopia you imagine will be better - and probably less prone to influence from Jews. You see Muslims as your natural aid in breaking down Western society and values and bringing about anarchy.

Thus our opposition on this issue.

Edited by Argus

9 hours ago, marcus said:

Nobody's scared of Muslims. (Well, maybe other Muslims, Muslim women, etc., but certainly no-one on here) 

It's more that they are irritated by hippies who set their hair on fire every time someone criticises one.

57 minutes ago, Argus said:

It's not that we are scared of Muslims. It's that, unlike you, we are quite fond of Canada, and our secular, sophisticated Western culture and value system. You approach things from a different mindset in that you despise Canada and all Western nations and values and want them to be destroyed in favour of some kind of Marxist utopia you imagine will be better - and probably less prone to influence from Jews. You see Muslims are you natural aid in breaking down Western society and values and bringing about anarchy.

I don't see this happening anywhere in Canada. 

Breaking down western society and values, anarchy on the streets?  Marxist utopia. Oh please. More hyperbole! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Argus said:

It's not that we are scared of Muslims. It's that, unlike you, we are quite fond of Canada, and our secular, sophisticated Western culture and value system. You approach things from a different mindset in that you despise Canada and all Western nations and values and want them to be destroyed in favour of some kind of Marxist utopia you imagine will be better - and probably less prone to influence from Jews. You see Muslims are you natural aid in breaking down Western society and values and bringing about anarchy.

Not being xenophobic is not tantamount to being anti Canada. As a matter of fact the country prides itself, and is held in high regard, for demonstrating exactly the opposite.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

...except for Americans, Jews, and of course..."aboriginals".

You have enough on your hands with your continuing treatment of Blacks to bother worrying about all things Canada yet again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Nobody's scared of Muslims. (Well, maybe other Muslims, Muslim women, etc., but certainly no-one on here) 

It's more that they are irritated by hippies who set their hair on fire every time someone criticises one.

Gee! I'm sorry I missed that! That would be a little hair raising. :lol:

bcsapper have you asked any Muslim women whether they want you speaking for them? Just curious ... 

I found it soooooo amusing that in the last decade or so, the men who were so stridently anti-feminist for decades suddenly and miraculously became feminists. :lol:

It's so hypocritical. Because it isn't about women's rights at all. 

It's just another tactic in your anti-Muslim campaigns. 

I really think you should stop disingenuously pretending to speak on behalf of Muslim women. It's just really tacky.

• Like 1