Islamophobia in Canada

43 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

A nationalist is someone who advocates political independence for a country.  A white one is just white.

I'm afraid racism doesn't enter into it.  A Scottish nationalist is probably a white nationalist and the only racism they feel is against the English, some of whom are also white.

That said, there is such a thing as racial nationalism, according to Wiki, and it's an ideology that advocates a racial definition of national identity. Racial nationalism seeks to preserve a given race through policies such as banning race mixing and the immigration of other races. Much like some of the FN reserves we hear about.

People who call themselves 'white nationalists' mean it the way I said: They want to live in an all-white nation.

8 minutes ago, jacee said:

People who call themselves 'white nationalists' mean it the way I said: They want to live in an all-white nation.

If that's what they want I would say they were white supremacists.  I'm a nationalist, and I'm a white one.  I would hate to be mixed up with those you're talking about. 

Edit>  Wiki describes Nationalism as:

Nationalism is a multidimensional social construction reflected in the communal identification with one's nation. It is a political ideology oriented towards gaining and maintaining self-governance, or full sovereignty, over a territory of historical significance to the group (such as its homeland). Nationalism therefore holds that a nation should govern itself, free from unwanted outside interference, and is linked to the concept of self-determination. Nationalism is further oriented towards developing and maintaining a national identity based on shared characteristics such as culture, language, race, religion, political goals or a belief in a common ancestry.[1][2] Nationalism therefore seeks to preserve the nation's culture. It often also involves a sense of pride in the nation's achievements, and is closely linked to the concept of patriotism. In these terms, nationalism can be considered positive or negative. In some cases, nationalism referred to the belief that a nation should be able to control the government and all means of production.[3]

Sure doesn't sound a million miles from what you have been advocating for strongly in another thread

Edited by bcsapper

49 minutes ago, Omni said:

I see what you did there.

I miss my time living among the ethnic groups of an area of Toronto called "the beaches". I could take a walk, practice my (rather poor) foreign language skills, hear some music and enjoy the smells and the tastes of a variety of foods beyond meat and potatoes.

I love Toronto too, lived there for a few years. There were 2 dozen or more food takeout places on my 10 min walk home, from everywhere in the world. And polite, kind people. 

I like where I am now too. Check this out:

:D

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

If that's what they want I would say they were white supremacists.  I'm a nationalist, and I'm a white one.  I would hate to be mixed up with those you're talking about. 

Edit>  Wiki describes Nationalism as:

Nationalism is a multidimensional social construction reflected in the communal identification with one's nation. It is a political ideology oriented towards gaining and maintaining self-governance, or full sovereignty, over a territory of historical significance to the group (such as its homeland). Nationalism therefore holds that a nation should govern itself, free from unwanted outside interference, and is linked to the concept of self-determination. Nationalism is further oriented towards developing and maintaining a national identity based on shared characteristics such as culture, language, race, religion, political goals or a belief in a common ancestry.[1][2] Nationalism therefore seeks to preserve the nation's culture. It often also involves a sense of pride in the nation's achievements, and is closely linked to the concept of patriotism. In these terms, nationalism can be considered positive or negative. In some cases, nationalism referred to the belief that a nation should be able to control the government and all means of production.[3]

Sure doesn't sound a million miles from what you have been advocating for strongly in another thread

No, white nationalists is just their new name for white supremacists. They definitely mean they want all white people. Why are you trying to get around that?

I like to suggest to them that there might be an 'all white' nation available to them on an island in the far far north. :D

Edited by jacee

3 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Islam is a religion. Not a skin colour. Even white supremacists could join the cult of Islam.

Buddy that must be the hundredth or so time you have made that comment. Are you stuck in the ditch or something?

2 minutes ago, jacee said:

I love Toronto too, lived there for a few years. There were 2 dozen or more food takeout places on my 10 min walk home, from everywhere in the world. And polite, kind people. 

I like where I am now too. Check this out:

:D

Okay, it's fairly transparent, and Candid Camera might be the first thing to cross my mind if I was at the bus stop, but still, it's very reassuring to see, in a thread about Islamophobia in Canada, that it is not nearly as prevalent as the original poster might think. 

There is still mindless hatred, of course, as the miserable poltroon near the end illustrates.

Just now, Omni said:

Buddy that must be the hundredth or so time you have made that comment. Are you stuck in the ditch or something?

Islam is a religion. Not a skin colour.

Liking or hating Islam has ZERO to do with "white nationalism" or whatever BS jacee is pushing.

2 minutes ago, jacee said:

No, white nationalists is just their new name for white supremacists. They definitely mean they want all white people. Why are you trying to get around that?

I like to suggest to them that there might be an 'all white' nation available to them on an island in the far far north. :D

Ah, I see what you're getting at now.  You were talking about white nationalists, and I thought you were talking about white nationalists. 

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Islam is a religion. Not a skin colour.

Liking or hating Islam has ZERO to do with "white nationalism" or whatever BS jacee is pushing.

OK try a hundred and one times. Are you familiar with the word "redundant"?

Just now, bcsapper said:

Ah, I see what you're getting at now.  You were talking about white nationalists, and I thought you were talking about white nationalists. 

I gather Gavin McInnes is an evil white nationalist....married to a Status Native.

How about his brother Miles?

:P

I still don't get the Islam connection...other than that McInnes seems to be on the same page as me re: the Religion of Peace.

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

I gather Gavin McInnes is an evil white nationalist....married to a Status Native.

I wonder if he would be allowed to move on to the reserve.  I guess it depends on the nationalists living there.

1 minute ago, Omni said:

Islam is a religion. Not a skin colour. No matter how many times you and others try to make Islam a skin colour....this will not change.

I'll continue to remind you and others each time you attempt this sort of blatant lie.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

I still don't get the Islam connection...other than that McInnes seems to be on the same page as me re: the Religion of Peace.

Unfortunately, in a world of twisted words and meanings, the truth is no defence. ( I think even the HRCs have that ideological mindset)

Edited by bcsapper

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

Unfortunately, in a world of twisted words and meanings, the truth is no defence. ( I think even the HRCs have that idealogical mindset)

Islam trumps nationalism....and most other isms. Not fascism, though.

10 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Okay, it's fairly transparent, and Candid Camera might be the first thing to cross my mind if I was at the bus stop, but still, it's very reassuring to see, in a thread about Islamophobia in Canada, that it is not nearly as prevalent as the original poster might think. 

There is still mindless hatred, of course, as the miserable poltroon near the end illustrates.

He's my homie. :D

That's not hatred. 

That's just schooling a long-winded racist.

It's done with love. Lol 

10 minutes ago, Omni said:

The thing is, if people did not have the "out" of racism, they might have to confront the actual problems with Islam. 

Just now, jacee said:

He's my homie. :D

That's not hatred. 

That's just schooling a long-winded racist.

It's done with love. Lol 

It's not just hatred.  It's cowardice too. 

If you're okay with it, so be it.

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

It's not just hatred.  It's cowardice too. 

If you're okay with it, so be it.

Totally staged videos don't make Islam anymore peaceful. How many attacks today by the Religion of Peace? More than a few...

I could post some real videos of Islam in action...but they're deemed far too violent and bloody for a site such as this. (I've been warned)

23 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Islam is a religion. Not a skin colour. No matter how many times you and others try to make Islam a skin colour....this will not change.

I'll continue to remind you and others each time you attempt this sort of blatant lie.

You do realize that redundancy is boring, right? But if you got nothing else I guess you have to stick with your buddy BC etal. 

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

You do realize that redundancy is boring, right? But if you got nothing else I guess you have to stick with your buddy BC etal. 

Islam is a religion, not a skin colour...this is not going to change with the phase of the Moon. Every time you or your Islamic cohorts try to pretend Islam is a skin colour, I'll be redundant yet again.

Just now, Omni said:

You need to study up on the difference between racism and xenophobia.

No, I'm familiar with the terms.  Neither apply to legitimate criticism of Islam. 

1 minute ago, DogOnPorch said:

Islam is a religion, not a skin colour...this is not going to change with the phase of the Moon. Every time you or your Islamic cohorts try to pretend Islam is a skin colour, I'll be redundant yet again.

That must be what, a hundred and two? Still just as boring. But go look at the moon maybe.