Islamophobia in Canada

51 minutes ago, kactus said:

Far from it...I blame the media to the same extent for making these guys a hero by identifying them.

I would rather just blame all religions for just about all the mess the world is in. This bs that there is a God up there ready to take all good people to heaven, and sending all bad people to hell, is just all bull chit. How can anyone in their right mind listen to someone who has no idea as to what happens after we all are deleted from earth. I asked one Christian woman heavy in religion as to how she knows that their is a god, and all I got from her was "I know there is". So with that reply, I am suppose to believe her, and sign up to some religion then. Why can't people just get on with life, live with your neighbor, and try living without such bull? 

More gruesome details emerging:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/24/leaked-pictures-show-bomb-used-manchester-attack/

Appears that the bomb was remote-controlled in the case that the martyr on his mission to meet allah and 72 virgins got cold feet at the crucial moment. Most probably the death-toll could have been much higher.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Omni said:

Not sure what all that screed has to do with Islamophobia, but I think I have a simple solution for your apparent problem: move to Russia. You won't be ruled by any "wimps" there.

Politicians appear to be islamophobic because they refuse to say anything negative in anything that they do. The radical muslims blow up children at a children's get together, and the politicians are quickly there to try and cover up the incident and tries to tell people that all is ok, and that all muslims are like that. 

What the all politicians should be saying and doing is that from now on no one from any muslim countries will be allowed to enter their countries until they stop with the blowing up of children. Politicians should be standing up for the citizen's who are taking the brunt of these terrorist animals, and say to those radicals that this is the stand that we will now take. Don't like it, who cares. 

True enough, Putin is no wimp like your hero PM JT who prefers to take in refugees from terrorists countries rather than from British or European Caucasian countries. People who are culturally more compatible with our Canadian ways and values of doing things. I want all immigration from any and all muslim country's to end. Canadians must come first, not terrorists or their terrorist sympathizers and supporters.  Your far left liberal values are what is destroying Canada. Why don't you go live in some Arab muslim country for a few decades or so. You would be doing Canada and Canadians a great favor. Works for me. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Omni said:

Not sure what all that screed has to do with Islamophobia, but I think I have a simple solution for your apparent problem: move to Russia. You won't be ruled by any "wimps" there.

Of course you would not understand?  You are a far left liberal sympathizer where common sense and logic are very foreign words too you, and words that are never to be used in your far left liberal vocabulary. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kactus said:

You still don't get it....

the motive of this deranged individual is being politicised...and it's being played right in the hands of ISIS and the likes. That's what they want. Glorifying heros...I can't be more vocal...

How is it being politicized? You cannot discuss the issue, and how to deal with it, without mentioning that it involves the Muslim community, and the degree of radicalization within it.

12 hours ago, Goh Shenas said:

Well you play the devil's advocate calling me a blinkered liberal for having no mercy for Muslims. Moderates or extremists.

Enough is enough! This filthy religion practised by the likes of Mufti who wanted to kill all jews.

These tree hugging liberal lefties advocating mercy for moderate muslims are worse than muslims. Mass deportation of all muslims to their country where they can happily kill eachother to enjoy 72 virgins. 

While I think the odds of me using the phrase "Blinkered Liberals" are always pretty good, the idea that I called you one is fairly laughable.  Unless it was a typo of mammoth proportions.

Edited by bcsapper

46 minutes ago, Argus said:

How is it being politicized? You cannot discuss the issue, and how to deal with it, without mentioning that it involves the Muslim community, and the degree of radicalization within it.

Maybe Trump should kick out all the far righties as well as the Muslims. Then violence would seriously decline.

http://www.salon.com/2017/02/22/whats-more-dangerous-islamic-extremism-or-christian-extremism_partner/

55 minutes ago, Argus said:

Do you really feel good by spreading the hatred towards Muslims in your own country?  Your rhetoric only increases incidents of hate crimes. How do you sleep at night? 

3 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Do you really feel good by spreading the hatred towards Muslims in your own country?  Your rhetoric only increases incidents of hate crimes. How do you sleep at night? 

Should we keep quiet about it?  Pretend it didn't happen?  Hockey's still on.  It's not like there's nothing to talk about.

Who do you think spreads hatred towards Muslims the most?

3 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Should we keep quiet about it?  Pretend it didn't happen?  Hockey's still on.  It's not like there's nothing to talk about.

Who do you think spreads hatred towards Muslims the most?

So calling out Muslims as terrorists is fighting terrorism?  You are so hypocritical 

This is a huge departure from the approach America has taken since that tragic day on Sept. 11, 2001. Up until now, Republicans and Democrats alike have made it clear that the fight is against terrorism, not Islam itself.

After 9/11, President Bush distinguished between terrorists and Muslims. “The terrorists are traitors to their own faith, trying, in effect, to hijack Islam itself,” Bush said in an address to Congress on Sept. 20, 2001.

2 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

So calling out Muslims as terrorists is fighting terrorism?  You are so hypocritical 

Please explain the hypocritical comment.  I make a point of only calling Muslim terrorists terrorists.  Which Muslims were you talking about?  Just the non-terrorist ones?

Just now, WestCoastRunner said:

This is a huge departure from the approach America has taken since that tragic day on Sept. 11, 2001. Up until now, Republicans and Democrats alike have made it clear that the fight is against terrorism, not Islam itself.

After 9/11, President Bush distinguished between terrorists and Muslims. “The terrorists are traitors to their own faith, trying, in effect, to hijack Islam itself,” Bush said in an address to Congress on Sept. 20, 2001.

Is Islam at war with the West?

1 minute ago, WestCoastRunner said:

One of the most important points to make in this whole debate, right up there with not all Muslims are terrorists, is that some of them are.  And for them, Islam is the driver.  Regardless of what those for whom Islam is a religion of peace have to say. 

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

One of the most important points to make in this whole debate, right up there with not all Muslims are terrorists, is that some of them are.  And for them, Islam is the driver.  Regardless of what those for whom Islam is a religion of peace have to say. 

Islam allows extrajudicial killing under certain conditions...a huge departure from other religions.

5 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Indeed...lots of peaceful Muslims are dying as well because of RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM.   It's the gift that keeps on taking.

10 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Why is that an "important" point?  What result is driven from that fact?  Does it provide a resolution to the problem?  Does it provide solace to the victims?  Does it provide superiority to non-stakeholders?  I know which one....and its not a riddle.

3 minutes ago, Bob Macadoo said:

Why is that an "important" point?  What result is driven from that fact?  Does it provide a resolution to the problem?  Does it provide solace to the victims?  Does it provide superiority to non-stakeholders?  I know which one....and its not a riddle.

It's only important if we're going to talk about it.  The Sens are still in the cup, right?

OK so talk.....you seem to be reasonable.

There are terrorists out there who proclaim that their islamic faith directs them to inflict pain on innocents in some irrational game of tit for tat that they may believe will get them some sort of elightenment in the afterlife.

Now what?