Islamophobia in Canada

3 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

What would you suggest we call Muslim terrorists?  Eric?  Manuel?

How about Muslim terrorists, if they are terrorists who happen to be Muslim. Sort of like Christian terrorists, Sikh terrorists if they happen to be terrorists. Not that complicated really, and it might just save terror being visited on people who happen to be, say Muslim, who are not terrorists.

9 minutes ago, Bob Macadoo said:

It doesn't solve anything it just allows you to look up from your navel to shake your fist at the sky.  I'm not much into useless acts of desperation.

If sitting around shooting fish in a barrel entertains you....'ave at 'er.

I do. You're the one who seems to have a problem with it. 

5 minutes ago, Bob Macadoo said:

.....so muslim terrorists are a problem.  Is the discussion over?

I guess when all someone has in mind is to disparage Muslim's and try to make them all out to be terrorists, the discussion will never be over. But the redundancy makes it fairly easy to walk away from. 

7 minutes ago, Omni said:

How about Muslim terrorists, if they are terrorists who happen to be Muslim. Sort of like Christian terrorists, Sikh terrorists if they happen to be terrorists. Not that complicated really, and it might just save terror being visited on people who happen to be, say Muslim, who are not terrorists.

I wouldn't have a clue about that. It never occurred to me to call a Muslim who isn't a terrorist a Muslim terrorist. 

1 minute ago, Omni said:

I guess when all someone has in mind is to disparage Muslim's and try to make them all out to be terrorists, the discussion will never be over. But the redundancy makes it fairly easy to walk away from. 

It seems to me that would be fairly easy to argue against. 

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

I wouldn't have a clue about that. It never occurred to me to call a Muslim who isn't a terrorist a Muslim terrorist. 

2 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Naw you sound a lot like Trump to me on this issue.

Just now, Omni said:

Naw you sound a lot like Trump to me on this issue.

No I don't. You're just making that up because you have nothing else. And perhaps because you think it will annoy me. 

....it only bothers me as it doesn't promote any discussion......just more chanting from armchair marines.

I'm neither worried about dying in a bomb attack nor receiving backlash while praying to the east........

9 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I do. You're the one who seems to have a problem with it. 

Just now, Bob Macadoo said:

....it only bothers me as it doesn't promote any discussion......just more chanting from armchair marines.

I'm neither worried about dying in a bomb attack nor receiving backlash while praying to the east........

Looking at this site it seems to have promoted a great deal of discussion. In fact, it almost never stops. 

....that is an interesting angle that could be debated.  Does our 24 news hour cycle lifestyle promote and sensationalize islamic terrorists more than any ISIS facebook account ever hope for?

9 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

No...it remains a very popular topic.   Some blame the media.

2 minutes ago, Bob Macadoo said:

You have a better chance being killed by a falling object than by a Muslim terrorist, but some are hiding under their beds worried about the latter.

3 minutes ago, Omni said:

You have a better chance being killed by a falling object than by a Muslim terrorist, but some are hiding under their beds worried about the latter.

If someone I knew was killed by a falling object, it wouldn't bother me if they identified the object. 

Of course, if they were hiding under their bed, they'd probably get away with a bruise or two. 

Edited by bcsapper

....if you mean the same 4 phrases reused in multiple permutations/combinations......then yes great deal.  Kinda like Trumps "great deals".  Rue/Argus wonder why I don't take this topic seriously and give it flippant commentary......its likely 'cause that's all it deserves.

11 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Looking at this site it seems to have promoted a great deal of discussion. In fact, it almost never stops. 

Edited by Bob Macadoo

1 minute ago, Bob Macadoo said:

....if you mean the same 4 phrases reused in multiple permutations/combinations......then yes great deal.  Rue/Argus wonder why I don't take this topic seriously and give it flippant commentary......its likely 'cause that's all it deserves.

I have no problem with whatever kind of comment you make. You are under no obligation to take anything seriously. I only care about whether I agree with you or not. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Macadoo said:

....that is an interesting angle that could be debated.  Does our 24 news hour cycle lifestyle promote and sensationalize islamic terrorists more than any ISIS facebook account ever hope for?

Not anymore than it promotes weather forecasts, sports scores, or Kim Kardashian's butt.

1 minute ago, Omni said:

And you say to me "you have nothing else"? tsk tsk

Wait, you were joking?  I'm sorry if I was mean in my response. I didn't realize you were joking. 

5 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

If someone I knew was killed by a falling object, it wouldn't bother me if they identified the object. 

And I assume you would attempt to ascertain the religion of the falling object so as to create a paranoia about those types of falling objects?

Just now, Omni said:

And I assume you would attempt to ascertain the religion of the falling object so as to create a paranoia about those types of falling objects?

It wouldn't surprise me if a falling object had religion. They are dumb, after all.

As for deadly ones, I'd stick to writing about those. I'm not interested in those that make it all the way to the ground. 

Unless they bounce. There could be a threat. 

8 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

How about "alt-Muslim" or "alt-Islamic" terrorists ?   

Lefties seem to like that kind of language construct to suit their own ideology.

Ah, I see you're a Dick (head) Spencer fan. Why am I not surprised?