Islamophobia in Canada

1 minute ago, kactus said:

...There is a degree of islamophobia in the West because of the events unfolding. Media has its own share of blame in the way it reports. Blaming me all Muslims for the actions of these individuals will only inflame hatred and achieve animosity towards muslims which is the objective of extremists on both sides.

Of course...blame "Islamophobia" and the media....anything but the radical Islamic terrorists.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Of course...blame "Islamophobia" and the media....anything but the radical Islamic terrorists.

Your selective hearing and judgement is astonishing....No one in the mind is condoning his actions. 

11 minutes ago, kactus said:

Your selective hearing and judgement is astonishing....No one in the mind is condoning his actions. 

Then why is it so hard for you to blame them (here and now), but so easy to blame everything else ?

Your hearing and judgement are obvious.....

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Then why is it so hard for you to blame them (here and now), but so easy to blame everything else ?

Your hearing and judgement are obvious.....

"Them" who?  ISIS, The Abedi family, The imams that sermonize about killing innocents, Mohammed, Allah?

36 minutes ago, kactus said:

What happened in Manchester is quite tragic and demonstrates an issue with home grown terrorism. 

I think there is an issue the way media reports to a certain extent for publicising details of these terrorists thereby glorifying their actions and recruiting more volunteers. Instead of mentioning their names media should focus on the deluded and deranged individual who committed these atrocities...

Mentioning his name will only give the likes of him more popularity sadly with more extremists joining forces.

There is a degree of islamophobia in the West because of the events unfolding. Media has its own share of blame in the way it reports. Blaming me all Muslims for the actions of these individuals will only inflame hatred and achieve animosity towards muslims which is the objective of extremists on both sides.

I agree with some of your points.

I really don't understand the desperate need to divorce the religion from what is being done in its name all over the world.

When a woman says she is not forced to wear the hijab, we are told to take her at her word, otherwise we are Islamophobes.

But when terrorists say they do it in the name of Islam, we are told to NOT take them at their word, otherwise we are Islamophobes.

I don't think they can have their cake and eat it too here.

35 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Far from it...I blame the media to the same extent for making these guys a hero by identifying them.

6 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I really don't understand the desperate need to divorce the religion from what is being done in its name all over the world.

When a woman says she is not forced to wear the hijab, we are told to take her at her word, otherwise we are Islamophobes.

But when terrorists say they do it in the name of Islam, we are told to NOT take them at their word, otherwise we are Islamophobes.

Islam like any other religions has its short comings especially when it is politicised to a great degree in this day and age.

My point of contention was and remains that exercising the focus on drawing attention to these individuals is what extremists in ISIS and other groups want. They are rubbing their hands on to get attention. And frankly our media in the West is literally handing it to them on silver plate IMHO.

Edited by kactus

I believe them when they say they do it in the name of Islam......I'd believe them if they said their invisible rabbit Harvey told them to do it.  Then what?  Outlaw invisible rabbits?

11 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Just now, kactus said:

There is another thread about Trump. Feel free to post there. It has nothing to do with this topic.

The post wasn't about Trump...it was about your faulty logic and conclusions vis-a-vis the media wrt Islamic terrorists/terrorism.

Nice try.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Then it has nothing to do with "Islamophobia"...media or otherwise.

Using such logic, are the media also to blame for "Trumpophobia" ?

What is "it"?

Media had blame for Trump-mania they also own a part of Trump-phobia.  Just like Islamophobia......just because there is some with an irrational fear of Trump and his supporters doesn't mean there aren't those claiming to work on behalf of Trump that will cause serious harm.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

The post wasn't about Trump...it was about your faulty logic and conclusions vis-a-vis the media wrt Islamic terrorists/terrorism.

Nice try.....

You still don't get it....

the motive of this deranged individual is being politicised...and it's being played right in the hands of ISIS and the likes. That's what they want. Glorifying heros...I can't be more vocal...

• Like 1

Just now, kactus said:

You still don't get it....

the motive of this deranged individual is being politicised...and it's being played right in the hands of ISIS and the likes. That's what they want. Glorifying heros...I can't be more vocal...

And you still can't say/type it...."radical Islamic terrorism".   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

And you still can't say/type it...."radical Islamic terrorism".   

That would mean admitting Islam inspires terror, hatred and violence. A no-no in the SJW playbook.

Islamophobes inspire terror, hatred and violence by mentioning Islam. Mentioning it again only breeds more terrorists.

Solution: shut-up 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bob Macadoo said:

....why is that hard to type? "Radical Islamic Terrorism"......how is it different than "Radical Irish Catholic Terrorism", or "Radical Sikh Terrorism".....is the crisis solved now?

The Islamic Terrorism is Part and Parcel of Modern Life argument. AKA The Acceptable Casualties argument.

Defending Islam is far more important than a few bodies at a concert.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, -TSS- said:

It would so much more honest by politicians after attacks like the one in Manchester instead of repeating the tired old platitudes like "we must be strong, dont give in to fear blaablaablaa" that this is just the way it is going to be in a multicultural society and in the future it is more likely to get worse than better. Get used to it or move into a forest.

So true. All these anti-people politicians are good for is trying to cover up criminals for their crimes instead of doing what needs to be done. They know who the enemy is but refuse to take a stand against them. That is why I always say that just about every politician on earth are all nothing more than a bunch of yes/no puppets having their strings pulled on by the elite globalist who will show no loyalty to them if they dare say or do anything that slightly goes against political correctness. We are basically controlled by a bunch of wimps and cowards who do not have a mind of their own. The elite globalist media controls their minds and thoughts. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, taxme said:

So true. All these anti-people politicians are good for is trying to cover up criminals for their crimes instead of doing what needs to be done. They know who the enemy is but refuse to take a stand against them. That is why I always say that just about every politician on earth are all nothing more than a bunch of yes/no puppets having their strings pulled on by the elite globalist who will show no loyalty to them if they dare say or do anything that slightly goes against political correctness. We are basically controlled by a bunch of wimps and cowards who do not have a mind of their own. The elite globalist media controls their minds and thoughts. 

Not sure what all that screed has to do with Islamophobia, but I think I have a simple solution for your apparent problem: move to Russia. You won't be ruled by any "wimps" there.