Islamophobia in Canada

15 hours ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Do you really feel good by spreading the hatred towards Muslims in your own country?  Your rhetoric only increases incidents of hate crimes. How do you sleep at night? 

Actually, if we look at places where your kind have been in charge, both of government and media, for the last generation, namely Europe, these are places where Muslims and other immigrants are the LEAST assimilated and the MOST radicalized and extremist. So it is actually YOU who are assisting in the expansion of radical and extremist viewpoints in Canada. Any number of Muslims who campaign against extremism in their communities have said as much, that liberals and progressives are their worst enemies because they continually rush to defend the extremists and assure them that they will not be judged because of their extremist views.

14 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Obviously the point is that they are not.  But we did that to death.  That's still no reason to make stuff up.  Especially stuff that is completely out to lunch.

We discussed this to death but I don't agree with your assessment. It is not just the moderate muslims but Islam that is the problem. This is what many liberals here donot understand. How can you tell a moderate muslim may not detonate a bomb at the Toronto city centre when they can be influenced by brothers abroad? How are you able to distinguish a good muslim from extremist when their followers submit to Islam?

This is where we are now. The danger is present and already too late.

So calling out Muslims as terrorists is fighting terrorism?  You are so hypocritical 

Muslims aren't terrorists? I think that would probably be news to the victims in Manchester. Not that you care about THEM, of course.

• Like 1

This is a huge departure from the approach America has taken since that tragic day on Sept. 11, 2001. Up until now, Republicans and Democrats alike have made it clear that the fight is against terrorism, not Islam itself.

In other words, when moderate Muslims say that Islam has nothing to do with this, they are the ones, in my humble view, who are seeding the ground, who are handing over the ground of theological interpretation to those who already have malignant intentions. But we have to acknowledge that there are verses that terrorists are using, and that they should not have the last word. You can't do that if you're going to say Islam has nothing to do with this violence. - Irshad Manji

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Peter F said:

I'm not going to tell you one good thing about Islam. I'm perfectly content that you think Islam sucks. Go ahead. Help yourself to such thoughts. I do reject your vague and thoughtless prescription to what should be done about terrorists - specifically Islamic ones, never mind all the other types of murdering scum - as a mindless call that we need a Stasi State because you don't trust any Muslim to not be a killer.   I could, if I was daft, apply the same standard to you. What evidence is there that you are not planning some killings yourself?   By your own logic you need serious watching  because we don't know whats running through your mind ...

Islam is a doctrine that is practised today by fanatics. Go and read about Mufti and his grand plans.

No need to insult me if you approve if muslims who are killing jews/ christians and now children in Manchester. What kind of a twisted doctrine/ mind wants to defend these people?

15 hours ago, bcsapper said:

One of the most important points to make in this whole debate, right up there with not all Muslims are terrorists, is that some of them are.  And for them, Islam is the driver.  Regardless of what those for whom Islam is a religion of peace have to say. 

But only a tiny, tiny infinitesimally minuscule minority! Like, seven guys! That's all!

Just now, Goh Shenas said:

We discussed this to death but I don't agree with your assessment. It is not just the moderate muslims but Islam that is the problem. This is what many liberals here donot understand. How can you tell a moderate muslim may not detonate a bomb at the Toronto city centre when they can be influenced by brothers abroad? How are you able to distinguish a good muslim from extremist when their followers submit to Islam?

This is where we are now. The danger is present and already too late.

That's kind of my point.  I'll quote you, but without the "just"  "It is not the moderate muslims but Islam that is the problem."

Islam is a set of ideas that can mean anything to anyone.  The same as any other religion.  I assume you are Jewish.  Will you sit next to a woman on an aeroplane?

The intepretation of Islam by many of its adherents is the problem.  From applauding the idea of a punishment for blasphemy in a Pakistani backwater to detonating oneself in a crowded concert for little girls in Manchester, it is the individual believer that is the problem. 

15 hours ago, Bob Macadoo said:

Why is that an "important" point?  What result is driven from that fact?  Does it provide a resolution to the problem?  Does it provide solace to the victims?  Does it provide superiority to non-stakeholders?  I know which one....and its not a riddle.

You can't address a problem if you refuse to examine who and what is causing it. 

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

That's kind of my point.  I'll quote you, but without the "just"  "It is not the moderate muslims but Islam that is the problem."

Islam is a set of ideas that can mean anything to anyone.  The same as any other religion.  I assume you are Jewish.  Will you sit next to a woman on an aeroplane?

The intepretation of Islam by many of its adherents is the problem.  From applauding the idea of a punishment for blasphemy in a Pakistani backwater to detonating oneself in a crowded concert for little girls in Manchester, it is the individual believer that is the problem. 

Why do you bring jewish identity into this?  This is about Muslims and Islam. Leave judaism out of this. Itwadn't a jew committing these atrocities in Manchester.

It is because of Islam and its dictrine that every Muslim is a potential target and a recruit to commit suicide like they are doing in Israel.

14 hours ago, Bob Macadoo said:

OK so talk.....you seem to be reasonable.

There are terrorists out there who proclaim that their islamic faith directs them to inflict pain on innocents in some irrational game of tit for tat that they may believe will get them some sort of elightenment in the afterlife.

Now what?

You need to fight the ideological belief which is being propagated by Islamists. And that requires putting pressure on the Muslim community, because right now they're not doing it.  Oh, some individuals are, but as Douglas Murray pointed out, even the weak efforts at this in the UK, the government's 'Prevent" is opposed by virtually every Muslim leader in the UK. We have no such strategy in Canada. We do nothing to oppose Islamist views in the Muslim community here. Every now and then someone will come across some Islamist literature in a Muslim school or mosque, or catch a recording of an Islamist speech in a mosque and it will get public but for the most part this stuff all happens beneath our notice, mostly because they're not speaking in English.

3 minutes ago, Goh Shenas said:

Why do you bring jewish identity into this?  This is about Muslims and Islam. Leave judaism out of this. Itwadn't a jew committing these atrocities in Manchester.

It is because of Islam and its dictrine that every Muslim is a potential target and a recruit to commit suicide like they are doing in Israel.

Because I heard of some thick as a plank, ridiculous Jewish idiots refusing to sit next women on planes.  I'm asking you if you are like that because I'm wondering if they all are.

12 hours ago, Bob Macadoo said:

.....so muslim terrorists are a problem.  Is the discussion over?

That is not actually what this discussion is on, in case you hadn't noticed.

2 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Ask every single one of these muslims the problems with their religion and they will deny. Muslims show too much pride in that.

The whole premise is to advocate death upon infidels. Protesting is all they do but some of them tacitly approve of their actions.

12 hours ago, bcsapper said:

It seems to me that would be fairly easy to argue against. 

Only if one has an intellectual capacity capable of considering logical rebuttal and the education to commit it to writing.

3 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Because I heard of some thick as a plank, ridiculous Jewish idiots refusing to sit next women on planes.  I'm asking you if you are like that because I'm wondering if they all are.

Why do people have a tendency to blame jews???

are you seriously comparing this orthodox man to Salman Abedi? Seriously???

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bob Macadoo said:

Rue/Argus wonder why I don't take this topic seriously and give it flippant commentary.....

I have never expressed any curiosity about why you don't take the topic seriously. Progressive never take security issues of any kind seriously, and shrink from any sort of discussion which might tend to portray 'brown people' in an unflattering light.

Why do people have a tendency to blame jews???

are you seriously comparing this orthodox man to Salman Abedi? Seriously???

No, I'm trying to get you to answer a question instead of deflecting it.  It basically boils down to this:

Are all Jews mindless religious idiots like those who will not sit next to women on a plane, or those who insist western gyms frost their windows, or are some of them not? 

I'm not comparing actions.  Just attitudes.

6 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

I asked you this before and ask again. Why would you make this ridiculous comparison to the gentleman of jewish faith on aeroplane? Us this part of playing devils advocate or do you have something against jews?

I asked you this before and ask again. Why would you make this ridiculous comparison to the gentleman of jewish faith on aeroplane? Us this part of playing devils advocate or do you have something against jews?

See below

1 minute ago, bcsapper said:

No, I'm trying to get you to answer a question instead of deflecting it.  It basically boils down to this:

Are all Jews mindless religious idiots like those who will not sit next to women on a plane, or those who insist western gyms frost their windows, or are some of them not? 

Just now, bcsapper said:

So what he refused to sit next to a woman. It is not exactly as if he inflicted bodily damage to that woman. 

Can you stop diverting from topic and turn this into bashing jews?