Paris might be problem for Trudeau

cannuck

We should make plans understanding that attacks can happen.

Prevention is better than treating the symptoms. I could take very good care of myself and still have an early heart attack, but the odds would be less so than for the guy binging on donuts everyday, the same can be said for accepting thousands of, lets be honest, barely vetted refugees.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is "musing about such things" not helpful? And helpful to whom? Trudeau?

In light of recent events, if they aren't already, more Canadians should be questioning the prospect of rushing the screening and security process of 25000 refugees that will be slashed by the Liberal Government.......The one Paris attacker, that came in through a Greek camp, was processed in early October of this year.

Apparently, French police are looking for yet another FRENCH national who was involved in the Paris attack. So far, ONE person out NINE is purported to be a Syrian refugee - based on a passport found near his body (passports always belong to nearby bodies, because passports are never stolen or fake), and somehow this means that all Syrian refugees are more suspect than, say, French or Belgian nationals? If the nationality of the French attackers suggests who we should not let into Canada, then we're obviously safer bringing in Syrians and not letting French or Belgian people cross our borders.

Apparently, French police are looking for yet another FRENCH national who was involved in the Paris attack. So far, ONE person out NINE is purported to be a Syrian refugee - based on a passport found near his body (passports always belong to nearby bodies, because passports are never stolen or fake), and somehow this means that all Syrian refugees are more suspect than, say, French or Belgian nationals? If the nationality of the French attackers suggests who we should not let into Canada, then we're obviously safer bringing in Syrians and not letting French or Belgian people cross our borders.

25000/9 is 2778. I think we should just stop them coming in.

Once someone gets into this country and our legal system gets ahold of them, they are almost impossible to get rid of.

Exactly, and that is an ongoing problem the British are dealing with on their military bases in Cyprus, where a small number of refugees that got into the base are now demanding to be resettled in the UK (with welfare too boot), under threat of a hunger strike.....

25000/9 is 2778. I think we should just stop them coming in.

I think we should just not allow any more humans to be born as to ensure no future potential terrorists at all.

Or, if we want to be more statistical, we could only allow, say, one out of 100 boys to be born since terrorists tend to be overwhelming male.

Or, or, or.

Can only imagine how pleased ISIS must be to see the world closing it's doors to Syrian refugees. They need all the converts they can scare up.

Well then, i guess if we let all of them move to Canada, or say France, none of them will be terrorists, isnt that what your previous post suggested? The French nationals were mostly responsible? Or that might be just as ridiculous a your argument.

In any case, we have absolutely no responsibility to bring in people who might be wanting to do us harm, we already have some of our own, we don't need more, that isn't to say we can't or wont bring people in, but it should mean we won't be in a rush, not when even one of them might be coming here for nefarious reasons. That's all really, any argument contrary to that is ludicrous.

I think most Canadians would understand if the promise on Syrian refugees was modified in light of recent events. Even if it was moved back a year, how much would that change our lives? We don't want more ISIS fighters here.

Regarding the air strikes, our contribution is negligible, anyway, a few per cent. We would be far more useful beefing up our support for the Kurds who seem to be one of the few groups who can be trusted in that neck of the woods to get things done. And they will be staying there, unlike our planes.

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

I think we should just not allow any more humans to be born as to ensure no future potential terrorists at all.

Or, if we want to be more statistical, we could only allow, say, one out of 100 boys to be born since terrorists tend to be overwhelming male.

Or, or, or.

Well exactly. My post, and I'm sure your reply, speaks to the silliness of trying to figure out who is a threat based on nationality alone.

But, having said that, I'm with you on your first point. At least until we get back below three billion, say.

Yes it does though, you suggested giving into fear changes us, resulting in us all becoming victims.........that suggests we are collectively stupid.

Giving into the fear changes us indeed. It changed our government to pass legislation like Bill C-51. Former PM Harper used the fear of terrorism to his advantage to change our laws which did not give us any more security, but has crept more into our sense of freedom.

Yes we may be collectively stupid, it is because we eat up all the propaganda put forth by the government.

We can all agree that many nations took extra security measures since the attacks on Sept 11 in NYC. France is one of them. But this also goes to show that no matter how much security you put in place, you cannot stop terrorism of this nature. Or their intelligence gathering sucks sooo bad, that this one slipped under the radar. Watch for more clamp down on security in Europe and abroad.

Somehow I don't think this will be the last one we see. And I think that I would be looking more into Libya being the source of these terrorists. If one can recall the beating of the drum to war by France and Italy on Libya, that is the group I think is responsible. Not the groups from the ME directly.

Giving into the fear changes us indeed. It changed our government to pass legislation like Bill C-51. Former PM Harper used the fear of terrorism to his advantage to change our laws which did not give us any more security, but has crept more into our sense of freedom.

Yes we may be collectively stupid, it is because we eat up all the propaganda put forth by the government.

We can all agree that many nations took extra security measures since the attacks on Sept 11 in NYC. France is one of them. But this also goes to show that no matter how much security you put in place, you cannot stop terrorism of this nature. Or their intelligence gathering sucks sooo bad, that this one slipped under the radar. Watch for more clamp down on security in Europe and abroad.

Somehow I don't think this will be the last one we see. And I think that I would be looking more into Libya being the source of these terrorists. If one can recall the beating of the drum to war by France and Italy on Libya, that is the group I think is responsible. Not the groups from the ME directly.

I laugh at people who are afraid that the govt is going to look at their emails, and who are going to be the first ones to scream blue murder when something happens to them or their families.

What do you have to hide? What do you need to do without the govt of Canada's knowledge? Do you think that anyone gives a crap what you say to your mom, your business colleagues, or your Facebook friends?

The govt has 10,000,000 square kilometres of Canada to protect from the same kind of thing that just happened in France and ISIS has named Canada as a target. If you were faced with that kind of a task you would want to know what the people who were consorting with the known terrorists were talking about. Get real.

Maybe instead of bringing the Syrians to live in Canada, we should devote our resources to providing safe and livable conditions at the refugee camps in the area.

-k

Exactly..........for example, there are countless Canadian companies (now not busy with the downturn in oil) that convert (in as little as several days for some units) international shipping containers into livable shelters, with everything from sleeping units, washrooms to kitchens.......

We should make plans understanding that attacks can happen.

Maybe instead of bringing the Syrians to live in Canada, we should devote our resources to providing safe and livable conditions at the refugee camps in the area.

-k

Too bad more people didn't consider thinking in this direction 15 years or more ago. I just wish I could say better late than never but I think it's too late.

I laugh at people who are afraid that the govt is going to look at their emails, and who are going to be the first ones to scream blue murder when something happens to them or their families.

What do you have to hide? What do you need to do without the govt of Canada's knowledge? Do you think that anyone gives a crap what you say to your mom, your business colleagues, or your Facebook friends?

The govt has 10,000,000 square kilometres of Canada to protect from the same kind of thing that just happened in France and ISIS has named Canada as a target. If you were faced with that kind of a task you would want to know what the people who were consorting with the known terrorists were talking about. Get real.

We all talk to people outside of Canada. That alone could be justification for communications snooping.

But what do I have to hide? Try turning the surveillance in on the government and see what they are afraid of. We had the former PM Harper saying he wanted open government, but all his actions proved to go against that notion. This is the real problem many have with the notion of mass surveillance. Who is watching the watchers? Benevolence my ass.

For what it's worth, Goodale stated on The West Block this morning that Syrians without documentation will not be part of the 25,000 refugees brought into Canada.

How do moderate Syrians who are fighting Assad get documentation from Damascus?

How do people who have lost their homes, their possessions and have to flee their country to survive, able to obtain documentation from their country?