Coyne Savages Trudeau

That's a noble way of suggesting that letting others do the hard, dirty work is fine with you. Well, one of the ideological underpinnings of conservative belief is that you pull your weight(a foreign concept on the left I know).And why are you so anxious to avoid firing a shot? Do you think we're too noble to get involved in that sort of thing? Do you think it's morally superior to carry luggage instead?Thinking people who realize that the US is extremely important to us as neighbours partners, and customers, and that how they see us impacts how they deal with us to some extent.We're actually pretty damn good at fighting.Shirking is not the moral high ground. It's the cowards way. In this case it's not only the cowards way it's the hypocrite's way. Everyone recognizes that military force is absolutely necessary against these people. And you have no objection to taking part in the overall exercise and presumably cooperating with all the people doing the shooting, but you think turning up your nose at standing on the line makes us more moral? Not by a long shot, buddy. That's actually a pretty contemptible way to look at things, in my opinion.

You call it pulling our weight I say it's not our weight to pull. This is not our mess. And the only reason the conservatives want in this time is because of their undying discrimination to people from the ME. Why are you so anxious to fire a shot, why are conservative supporters in this country so anxious to kill any and all muslims? The US is extremely important to us without a doubt, but bowing down and thoughtlessly supporting their every move is not what we should be about. That's the thing about the right, they have no idea when to call it quits and are perfectly fine with wasting time, efforts, Canadians and money on a fight that may not even pose a risk to this country. If military force is necessary then let America pump their efforts into it, its their mess anyways. They can fight their own battles perfectly fine, we can provide non-combat support when needed. But I guess you think providing transport for supplies and injured troops and civilians isn't noble. You think providing medical aid, shelter and food to refugees for a cause we didn't start isn't noble. You think airstrikes which have a high chance of killing civilians is noble, you think putting Canadian troops on the ground in harms way for Americas failed war is noble, you think Canadians losing family members for an unjust cause is noble.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it is always an effective response to smarmy Canadians who love to rip the America that developed such things while using same.

Wow. That's great to hear. I didn't realize Google and Wikipedia were developed by the state. Learn something new everyday. Here I thought they were private enterprises, then Google became publicly traded and owned by people all over the world.

The UN is made up of about 160 nations, of which about 100 are dictatorships. The Organization of the Islamic Conference is made up of 57 Muslim states of which, if I'm being charitable, 55 are run by dictators. You want to run a war against dictators under the joint rule of two organizations which are made up largely of dictators?

If it's as bad as that then no. We should come home, build a wall around ourselves and develop the capacity to flee the Earth...ASAP.

Wow. That's great to hear. I didn't realize Google and Wikipedia were developed by the state.

They weren't developed by the state...but the Internet protocol (TCP/IP) sure was. Google and Wiki were developed by a nation that you called a "dung heap". That's why it is so much fun to rub snooty noses in it.

This is a good time for trudeau to put together a group and put together a bunch of aid and get harper to dropped them off at the Iraqi border. Great photo-op.

I agree...let's see some of that strong Liberal leadership to get the job done with humanitarian aid. No bullets or bombs required, as they will be welcomed with open arms.

They weren't developed by the state...but the Internet protocol (TCP/IP) sure was. Google and Wiki were developed by a nation that you called a "dung heap". That's why it is so much fun to rub snooty noses in it.

Google and Wikipedia were developed by the nation were they?

I agree...let's see some of that strong Liberal leadership to get the job done with humanitarian aid. No bullets or bombs required, as they will be welcomed with open arms.

You'll see whatever Canadians decide you'll see. As an independent and sovereign state, we will make the decisions for ourselves and you can watch with baited breath from America.

You'll see whatever Canadians decide you'll see. As an independent and sovereign state, we will make the decisions for ourselves and you can watch with baited breath from America.

No, we'll see whatever Canada decides to regurgitate from pieces of American and British foreign policy.

No, we'll see whatever Canada decides to regurgitate from pieces of American and British foreign policy.

Harper is the only one to be consistent on this ,while the other 2 dithered.

Don't forget Facebook, twitter, instagram, the PC, the tablet, all internet browsers, everything build by Apple, 95% of all forums interfaces such as this one, etc.

It's fun to hate the country that creates everything we use and love.

Edited by hitops

Google and Wikipedia were developed by the nation were they?

:lol: you know it... please offer a reverant thought "for the nation" each and every time you... dare... to throw out a googly! Or if you should have the utter gaul to cite/reference anything from a U.S. scientific organization. USA! USA! USA! Could the guy be any more sensitive and self-confidence lacking that he needs to spend years-upon-years, thread after thread, forever trying to remind poor lil' Canadians just who their master really is!!!

That's why it is so much fun to rub snooty noses in it.

so your act/routine is simply you having a lil' fun... rubbin snooty noses! I guess when you can't actually argue against the critical comments that may come directed at the U.S., you go with what you have... you go with your strengths! :lol:

You call it pulling our weight I say it's not our weight to pull. This is not our mess.

It's not as much our mess to clean up as it is the mess of the people who live there, and not as much our responsibility as those in the immediate neighbourhood (Ie, Turks, Egyptians, Saudis), but it is definitely not in our interests to have such organizations grow and prosper and gain influence over that or any other part of the world.

And the only reason the conservatives want in this time is because of their undying discrimination to people from the ME.

If conservatives didn't give a damn about the people in that area they wouldn't give a damn about them being brutalized and murdered and wouldn't want to intervene.

But I guess you think providing transport for supplies and injured troops and civilians isn't noble. You think providing medical aid, shelter and food to refugees for a cause we didn't start isn't noble. You think airstrikes which have a high chance of killing civilians is noble, you think putting Canadian troops on the ground in harms way for Americas failed war is noble, you think Canadians losing family members for an unjust cause is noble.

It's nice how you seem to know what I think. Maybe you should ask Bob Rae what should be done. He seems to think we should be giving both military and humanitarian help. He doesn't seem to find the idea of a military contribution to be worthy of nearly as much hand-wringing as you are conducting over it.

Yes.....very much so. PM Harper is risking much for core values that he believes in, and is willing to lose an election for.

And if he loses the election over this ,then so be it, I will be proud of the man.