Coyne Savages Trudeau

and an NDP government with no chance of ever forming government can pretty much say and promise anything (on any interpretive or double-speak level)... without regard to ever being held to account.

So accountability means not saying much of anything at all. Not having any positions that matters and basically bilking people into voting for you without any principles whatsoever. That's accountability to you?

Parties should take a stand. Publicly lay out what they intend to do. And let the voters choose. Not engage in this nonsensical nothing speak in order to get votes, then turn around and do whatever the hell they want, which in Chrétien's case was fill his pockets and his friends' pockets with money.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So accountability means not saying much of anything at all. Not having any positions that matters and basically bilking people into voting for you without any principles whatsoever. That's accountability to you?

Parties should take a stand. Publicly lay out what they intend to do. And let the voters choose. Not engage in this nonsensical nothing speak in order to get votes, then turn around and do whatever the hell they want, which in Chrétien's case was fill his pockets and his friends' pockets with money.

huh! Governing promises made to an electorate can only be measured... in government. Positions and principles that factor into those governing promises can only be measured... can only be held to account, in practice.

the reference point was 'promises'... being held to account, in government, for promises made prior to forming governmen

The Liberals got three majorities in the 90s while bypassing many election promises that turned out to be outright lies. Some biggies too: GST, free trade. 'balanced budgets'. I'll admit they never promised to give away $200 million of our money to Liberal friendly ad agencies and themselves.

How would you measure those broken promises?

bloody hell! There are websites dedicated to listing broken Harper Conservative promises... surely you're not challenging on that level, are you?

shifting the goalposts are we Wally?

cybercoma noted that " in Chrétien's case was fill his pockets and his friends' pockets with money." I noticed you never addressed that one.

Name the circumstances where Harper stole your money.

shifting the goalposts are we Wally?

cybercoma noted that " in Chrétien's case was fill his pockets and his friends' pockets with money." I noticed you never addressed that one.

Name the circumstances where Harper stole your money.

so your most selectively worded avoidance of Harper Conservative broken election promises is to now speak of "personal gain, personal pocket filling"? I'd say one needs a relative benchmark reference to compare against... waiting...

.....back to the topic.....heavens - even The Star is jumping in:

Trudeau’s gaffes threaten his lead: Gwyn

The Commons debate on military action against ISIS may have turned the tide on Trudeau's popularity.

Link: http://www.thestar.com/opinion/commentary/2014/10/13/trudeaus_gaffes_threaten_his_lead_gwyn.html

Edited by Keepitsimple

bloody hell! There are websites dedicated to listing broken Harper Conservative promises... surely you're not challenging on that level, are you?

He has also came thru on a lot. So answer the question, where has harper been lining his pockets??

overwhere??? Guys, guys... just waiting on you! :lol:

so your most selectively worded avoidance of Harper Conservative broken election promises is to now speak of (Chretien's) "personal gain, personal pocket filling"? I'd say one needs a relative benchmark reference to compare against... waiting...

Wally has retreated to his Chretien Shrine in the basement for inspiration.

Give him a little time - he'll be back with his circular nonsense....says nothing, goes nowhere. Anything to deflect, obfuscate and annoy.....anything to take the laser light off the thrashing that his boy Trudeau is taking - which of course is the topic of this thread.

Edited by Keepitsimple

Simple, I sincerely apologize! I didn't realize what my repeated and ongoing showcasing of your failed fake-skeptic/denier AGW/CC related statements, claims and positions... had brought you to. Let's make a pact to move beyond this and try to get you in a better place! I'll have nothing to showcase of your AGW/CC related failings... if you just stop laying them down. Are we good to go?

I heard a clip of Tom Mulcaire on CFRB 1010 radio being interviewed by John Moore. It was Mulcaire mentioning that the Liberals had asked for an emergency debate on ISIS that was granted by the Speaker - a somewhat rare occurrence. Mulcaire said he asked all the questions, supported his position but he was amazed that when he looked over "Justin Trudeau didn't even bother to show up for work".

I think we'll be hearing that comment more often........

Simple, I sincerely apologize! I didn't realize what my repeated and ongoing showcasing of your failed fake-skeptic/denier AGW/CC related statements, claims and positions... had brought you to. Let's make a pact to move beyond this and try to get you in a better place! I'll have nothing to showcase of your AGW/CC related failings... if you just stop laying them down. Are we good to go?

Waldo, I accept your gracious apology - I didn't think you had it in you. As for that other stuff....I'll just keep laying down the real-world observations....and you can keep doing "your thing". Which reminds me - totally off topic - one of my favourite songs was done by The Wonders called "That thing you do". Now I'm going to chuckle/chortle every time I hear it. So yes, we're good to go. ;)

Waldo, I accept your gracious apology - I didn't think you had it in you. As for that other stuff....I'll just keep laying down the real-world observations....and you can keep doing "your thing".

The current term for that is "alternative reality."

good on ya for labeling Simple's claimed "real-world observations" what they are... his "alternative reality"!

I think your reading abilities are better than that. He was talking about another poster and I was agreeing that he was "laying down the real-world observations....and you (meaning the other poster) can keep doing 'your thing.'".

I think your reading abilities are better than that. He was talking about another poster and I was agreeing that he was "laying down the real-world observations....and you (meaning the other poster) can keep doing 'your thing.'".

the day you actually step-up and support/substantiate your denier statements/claims/positions... that will be the day you have standing to comment on anything related to AGW/CC

I heard a clip of Tom Mulcaire on CFRB 1010 radio being interviewed by John Moore. It was Mulcaire mentioning that the Liberals had asked for an emergency debate on ISIS that was granted by the Speaker - a somewhat rare occurrence. Mulcaire said he asked all the questions, supported his position but he was amazed that when he looked over "Justin Trudeau didn't even bother to show up for work".

*Mulcair

Well idk, if you repeat that in the media doesn't it become and attack ad? I thought the liberals/NDP wouldn't do that?

Mulcair and harper hav3e released some of their economic plans for the future and othing from trudeau. Are they to scared to do it because trudeau will then have to explain it. And why does my question mark button do this.éééééééé