War Against ISIL

Big Guy

Hudson Jones opnely admitted what I said. At first he tried to deny it now he has to admit it. He refrred to Zionism as a cancer that needs to be wiped out then in the next breath of fresh air claimed he wasn't saying a Jewish state should not be wiped out.

Any stupid, racist, selfish ideology should be wiped out. This doesn't mean that people who practice it should be killed.

Once again you're playing the victim when you're not.

Edited by Hudson Jones

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any stupid, racist, selfish ideology should be wiped out. This doesn't mean that people who practice it should be killed.

Once again you're playing the victim when you're not.

I believe most people who have been following this issue agree with you. Unfortunately, some posters feel that quantity will overwhelm quality. In reality, quantity overwhelms interest especially when the quantity is the same, the same, the same ...

After a few weeks of ignoring Rue's unusually long and repetitive posts I tried to read his/her most recent outpourings. Not only have they not changed but now everybody disagreeing with him is anti-Semite or Hamas lover or terrorist apologist or ... I cannot understand why he/she feels that anyone would then take him seriously when he insults anybody who tries to engage him in discussion. I give up!

"I have made this letter longer than usual, because I lack the time to make it short" - Blaise Pascal

Back to topic - President Obama is getting a lot of negative feedback from the congressional hearings. Meanwhile, the sir strikes have begun but it is difficult to get objective reports from the field of battle.

If anyone has found a web page or other access to what is happening please share it/them.

One of Canada's former PM's thinks that Canada is into this war for the long term;

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/chretien-says-iraq-mission-a-done-deal/article20713330/

I am afraid he may be right unless our parliament can force a televised debate. I thought PM Harper had promised a full debate BEFORE deploying Canadian troops.

Edited by Big Guy

No, it's a collection of many terror cells. :P

And then take over the entire world...

The stated goal is to free Sunnis from Shia rule. Thats the reason this group was founded in 2006. And they have assimilated terror cells but not in the kind of loose way that Alqeada has. This group has much stronger central management... a core leadership group with 2 billion dollars in their pocket, and they have much more specific goals. They want a sunni state... in Iraq and Syria... they publish maps showing where they want its borders to be, and they are building a conventional army, military bases etc.

This group does not operate like Alqeada does... They operate more like a corrupt theocratic government.

One of Canada's former PM's thinks that Canada is into this war for the long term;

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/chretien-says-iraq-mission-a-done-deal/article20713330/

I am afraid he may be right unless our parliament can force a televised debate. I thought PM Harper had promised a full debate BEFORE deploying Canadian troops.

It WILL be a long term war... It will probably look a lot like the invasion of Iraq did. If the west is dumb enough to send troops into areas that are now run by ISIL, things will play out in a similar way... There will be a short conventional military campaign thats relatively quick and easy for the west to win. But after that somebody is going to have to go into these Sunni towns and cities and assert civil authority on people that dont want it. ISIL at that point will fight as insurgents just like they did in Iraq. IED's, suicide bombers, snipers, etc. The US spent trillions of dollars, and 10+ years bogged down in that same quagmire already against many of these same folks.

It will be very difficult to wipe them out without killing them, owing to their belief that they will become martyrs if they die for their cause.

The stated goal is to free Sunnis from Shia rule. Thats the reason this group was founded in 2006. And they have assimilated terror cells but not in the kind of loose way that Alqeada has. This group has much stronger central management... a core leadership group with 2 billion dollars in their pocket, and they have much more specific goals. They want a sunni state... in Iraq and Syria... they publish maps showing where they want its borders to be, and they are building a conventional army, military bases etc.

Type 'ISIS world domination' into google or something. Seriously, why continue to deny the beliefs of these radical Islamists? They believe according to the Quran that Islam is destined to take over the world, and they wish to help it get there.

As for maps... You mean like this one?isismap2.jpg

Edited by -1=e^ipi

That's interesting, because the exact same PM eschewed a televised debate or vote in Parliament before attacking another sovereign state (1999 - Kosovo War).

Topaz the fact you asked the question you did is telltale just how sheltered you are from reality as well as history.

You think these pathetic idiots in ISIL are the first people to cut off heads? What the hell do you think our soldiers did in WW 1, 2, Korea, Afghanistan/

What the hell do you think Romeo D'Ailaires was doing?

Are you really that oblivious to what price brave men and women have faced so you can live in this country and piss your pants over some extremist losers cutting heads off?

Right Eyeball. Yu have it all figured out. BCs a war monger but you have it right. If you hide under your bed ISIL will go away.

Its not a matter of hiding under a bed, its a matter of realizing that its simply not in our best interests to intervene every time theres a civil war in some foreign dump, and its not the responsibility of people in the west to spend their tax dollars financing poorly thought out attempts to help... that make things way worse.

It's time we went back to using war-bonds for raising money for these misadventures - so people can put their own money where their fears are.

We haven't even seen the 1st wave of Islamo-fascists people were peeing in their pants about ten years ago and here they are peeing in them again. I suppose now they'll be saying "this is it...ISIL is the wave we were afraid of"...except...I'm pretty sure it was us peaceniks who predicted that something very much like ISIL would be the result of reacting to the original terror the hawks were spreading.

These are definitely the Crazy Years. I sure hope I live long enough to see how it all turns out - I'm leaning back towards a bunch of mushroom clouds myself.

All those countries sending in their military, better hope none of them get captured by ISIL or will see beheadings by the day or week and how will that affect the Tories, if Canadian military personnel become victims? how will they live with themselves and face the families?

What's the difference between being beheaded or being shot in the head? Dead is dead. How have Harper et al. lived with themselves and faced families after Afghanistan?

Well now.Dre has nothing to worry about. You see in that last announcement by ISIL talking of attacking Canada he has nothing to worry about. He and his ISIL-Hamas apologist alliance on this forum have nothing to worry about. They are only coming after disbelievers. See they will no automatically when they see Dre he's one of them. He's in the know. He knows. He knows ISIL is just defending itself from imperialism and the ZIonists.

Sleep tight jackasses.

Edited by Rue

The rojava kurds (syria) seem to be in pretty dire straights. Something upwards of 50 000 refugees from around the city of Kobane are trying to flee into turkey in the last few days, as the most recent ISIS advance has captured scores of villages and threatens the city itself. It's a pretty sick situation really, the well-financed force of takfiri barbarians armed with advanced weaponry (Much of it American, via the gulf states or seized from Iraq), a significant tank force and other armored vehicles and artillery against unpaid volunteers fighting with ak 47's and a few other outdated soviet weapons. The only people helping these kurds are Assad,the PKK (which the west almost uniformly designates a terrorist group) and very recently a bit from the KRG. The Rojava forces (PYD/PYG and PKK) are the ones who prevented the massacre of the yezidis on sinjar mountain by opening an escape corridor, yet the west has done literally nothing to support these people.

Obama stated that the coalition and USA's goal was to degrade and destroy ISIS. Where is the air campaign to do so then, we all know the immense capability of the combined US/NATO air forces. It's not like ISIS is tough to find either, they are rolling across the plains of northern Syria virtually unchallenged. I don't remember this reluctance to bomb in Libya, or the Iraq war. The longer this state of affairs continues the more I will give weight to the idea that the real 'western' goal is to contain ISIS within Syria where they can continue to pressure Assad and his allies, while protecting western interests in Iraq and Kurdistan. Other factors such as Nato ally turkeys open support of ISIS, and US/Gulf allies training and supplying of 'moderates' who often defect to ISIS, or ally with ISIS give this theory legitimacy, in my opinion. Why are they deserving of 500 million dollars (online.wsj.com/articles/obama-proposes-500-million-to-aid-syrian-rebels-1403813486) but the rojava kurds are deserving of no help whatsoever.

Well now.Dre has nothing to worry about. You see in that last announcement by ISIL talking of attacking Canada he has nothing to worry about. He and his ISIL-Hamas apologist alliance on this forum have nothing to worry about. They are only coming after disbelievers. See they will no automatically when they see Dre he's one of them. He's in the know. He knows. He knows ISIL is just defending itself from imperialism and the ZIonists.

Sleep tight jackasses.

Bleat bleat! Wretch wretch :)

He and his ISIL-Hamas apologist alliance

ROFLMAO. Keep up the comedy act! :) You know as well as I do that Iv never apologized for any of those guys.