This week in Islam

kimmy

On 12/19/2016 at 1:16 PM, The_Squid said:

Nothing is infallible in science. 

Yes but nothing in religion is infallible to a hard-boiled conservative, even an atheist one will turn to it when denial withers in the face of science.

Edited by eyeball

Latest news on Berlin market bombing - they're offering reward as they look for the suspect.  A photo (from identification papers found in the truck) was shown on tv.

Could this identification papers be a red herring?

Unless this "soldier" isn't well-trained, or must be quite inexperienced - why would he leave his identification papers in the truck if he knew he was going to smash through?  Surely, at least he'd have it on his person?

3 minutes ago, betsy said:

Latest news on Berlin market bombing - they're offering reward as they look for the suspect.  A photo (from identification papers found in the truck) was shown on tv.

Could this identification papers be a red herring?

Unless this "soldier" isn't well-trained, or must be quite inexperienced - why would he leave his identification papers in the truck if he knew he was going to smash through?  Surely, at least he'd have it on his person?

That's what I thought too.  It does seem rather convenient.

22 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Yeah, right...t'was an accident...the truck was drinking!

At this point we obviously know it was deliberate. And while there is no announced suspect we all know what the religion of the perpetrator was.

35 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

That's what I thought too.  It does seem rather convenient.

The obvious answer which comes to mind is that they wound up there prior to or shortly after he murdered the driver, and the he forgot them or didn't bother to worry about them since he didn't expect to survive what he was about to do. Then, when he discovered he was able to jump down and run away he didn't think about them.

55 minutes ago, Argus said:

The obvious answer which comes to mind is that they wound up there prior to or shortly after he murdered the driver, and the he forgot them or didn't bother to worry about them since he didn't expect to survive what he was about to do. Then, when he discovered he was able to jump down and run away he didn't think about them.

I guess.  If he thought he was going to die then his documents would not be a concern. 

On 2016-12-18 at 5:41 PM, betsy said:

What you guys fail to see is that, the more you try to muzzle people from expressing themselves, you're only going to end up kindling real hatred.  That's where the danger is......bottled up opinions - being "policed" by people like you.

If there's any danger for Muslims, it would come from those who think they're being do-gooders by censoring opinions that they (the do-gooders) think MAY, or COULD hurt feelings.   

You mean like expressing your opinion that there has been an increase in the number of women suffering from domestic violence at shelters because of Muslim immigrants

You are posting inflammatory remarks against Muslims with absolutely nothing to back it up. It just spreads hate and this is why some of us have to challenge you. No one is censoring you. 

19 hours ago, WestCoastRunner said:

You mean like expressing your opinion that there has been an increase in the number of women suffering from domestic violence at shelters because of Muslim immigrants

You are posting inflammatory remarks against Muslims with absolutely nothing to back it up. It just spreads hate and this is why some of us have to challenge you. No one is censoring you. 

What if I say there has been an increase in violence, shootings, murder an general crime in my city due in large part to Muslims? 

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/ottawas-most-wanted-have-you-seen-these-men

Edited by Argus

I guess not all teachers are left-wing pinko commies...   some are conservative religious whackos trying to spread religious intolerance...

Official investigators uncovered a WhatsApp messaging group in which Muslim teachers in the city exchanged deeply intolerant messages.

----------------

One of the banned schools, Jamia Al Hudaa in Nottingham, offers education to 250 girls between the ages of 11 and 19. A linked school in Sheffield teaches 60 boys. Both are run by the Madni Trust, which says it aims to “provide the best education in an Islamic environment through the knowledge of the Quran and the Sunnah.” The Sheffield school’s website seeks to attract Muslim parents by saying that most British schools promote “un-Islamic activities such as attending mixed swimming classes, and doing PE semi-naked”.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1301349/footprints-changing-attitudes-in-the-uk

Unfortunately, Britain has let religious schools take advantage of the system and do everything that a school is not supposed to do.

Canada should certainly take this as a warning and highly regulate, and examine, all private religious schools to ensure that they aren't teaching their pupils to be intolerant religious nut cases.   This includes Christian schools.

1 hour ago, The_Squid said:

I guess not all teachers are left-wing pinko commies...   some are conservative religious whackos trying to spread religious intolerance...

But in Britain, the left-wing pinko commies are in league with the Muslim religious wackos, and doing everything they can to assist them.

Much the same in Canada, in fact, as we see on this web site.

Unfortunately, Britain has let religious schools take advantage of the system and do everything that a school is not supposed to do.

Canada should certainly take this as a warning and highly regulate, and examine, all private religious schools to ensure that they aren't teaching their pupils to be intolerant religious nut cases.   This includes Christian schools.

I have no problem with that. I recall that the only Muslim leftists in Canada hate, Irshad Manji, said that when she was growing up the Muslim school she went to in Canada taught kids to hate Jews, and she got into trouble for disagreeing with the teacher.

I spent some time in a ‘madressa’, an Islamic religious school. The teaching curriculum was characterized by two themes: women are inferior and Jews are treacherous.

Edited by Argus

22 hours ago, Argus said:

What if I say there has been an increase in violence, shootings, murder an general crime in my city due in large part to Muslims? 

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/ottawas-most-wanted-have-you-seen-these-men

Oh look, Surrey has released their top 10 most wanted listed.  Mostly white guys gone bad and the minority population is 52% of the total.

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/surreys-most-wanted-these-10-men-are-on-rcmps-naughty-list

2 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Oh look, Surrey has released their top 10 most wanted listed.  Mostly white guys gone bad and the minority population is 52% of the total.

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/surreys-most-wanted-these-10-men-are-on-rcmps-naughty-list

Which ones aren't Muslim? Islam is NOT a skin colour.

On 12/19/2016 at 10:21 AM, drummindiver said:

We also saw a white non muslim man being charged in the deaths of 3 women, and a former white non muslim RCMP officer charged with severe child abuse. 

Care to discuss those incidents?

Edited by GostHacked

35 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

No...why?

Why do you insist Islam is a skin colour?

I suppose it's because if people didn't do that, they would have to actually deal wth the barbaric aspects of the religion that others bring up.  If they bring skin colour into it, they can say racism and pretend nothing else is going on.

Seems weird to me.

Edited by bcsapper
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction - Blaise Pascal