What Are You Listening To?

Mighty AC

Oh Lorraine by The Temperance Movement. I love the chorus in this one, and the guitar sound. This one of my favorite things going around right now.

"We The People" by Monster Truck. They seem like a Canadian throw-back rock band kind of like the Sheep Dogs. The vocals and guitar sound kind of tie in with the Southern Rock kick that I've been on pretty much non-stop since around 2013. And check it out, they even have a Canadian Tuxedo on their album cover!

-k

Has anyone ever heard of The Groundhogs from the 60's and 70's? I just discovered them about an hour ago and am really diggn' their sound. I'm into the show Vinyl right now and really want to go back in time and be in the music business. So either their songs are fun or it's a phase I'm going through...not yet sure which.

Very cool. Has a Deep Purple kinda sound. Classic late 60's/early 70's blues-rock sound.

"We The People" by Monster Truck. They seem like a Canadian throw-back rock band kind of like the Sheep Dogs. The vocals and guitar sound kind of tie in with the Southern Rock kick that I've been on pretty much non-stop since around 2013. And check it out, they even have a Canadian Tuxedo on their album cover!

Someone literally put Nickelback and The Sheepdogs into a blender and created Monster Truck. The musicianship is nothing extraordinary yet infectious (can't help but blast the music on my radio), but the vocals are just not for me, way too much of a Chad Kroeger thing trying to happen. That song of yours though the vocals aren't very Kroeger.

Sounds like a record company created these guys LOL. They copy other bands pretty blatantly but hey its working for them. Blasted this on the radio today, bass cranked!

What happened to Canadian 90's alternative rock? I mean OLP, IME, Moist, etc. Sure they were inspired by bands from Seattle and LA, but I liked that stuff when I was a teen and I still like it now.

Kids either play metal or "indie rock" these days. Not much in-between. Plus record companies don't make any money from rock music anyways because of piracy.

• 2 weeks later...

Trampled under foot by the rise of the right....

Welcome to a state, where the politics of hate
Shout loud in the crowd, watch them beat us all down
There's a rising tide on the rivers of blood
But if the answer isn't violence, neither is your silence

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't really like or dislike Springsteen. I understand why he's huge, especially among boomers. In contrast to stars like Bono, McCartney, Jagger, Beyonce, Madonna, Gaga, etc. the Boss has got that every-man appeal; kind of like a regular person like us, but at our best. Anyway, I was happy to see an American icon from that generation make this statement.

"Somebody gave me a copy of the Constitution of the United States…it says 'F@#k Trump' on the front. This is for him" LONG WALK HOME - The Boss

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iywFZqtPlhU

Edited by Guest

Not sure......The band is named Waster (he also plays in Danger Cat).

Those 2 songs are "Rocket Rider" and "40 Creek and 40 Speed"

Their reviews generally compare them to Pantera.

We would have booked them...no problem. They're talented. We had regular death metal nights.

Cryptopsy was a regular in our area.

I don't really like or dislike Springsteen. I understand why he's huge, especially among boomers. In contrast to stars like Bono, McCartney, Jagger, Beyonce, Madonna, Gaga, etc. the Boss has got that every-man appeal; kind of like a regular person like us, but at our best. Anyway, I was happy to see an American icon from that generation make this statement.

"Somebody gave me a copy of the Constitution of the United States…it says 'F@#k Trump' on the front. This is for him" LONG WALK HOME - The Boss

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iywFZqtPlhU

He was good up to Born to Run. Started going downhill after that, IMVHO.

That said, Born to Run is up there with the best of them.

• 4 weeks later...

I was driving to work today listening to one of Kim City's rock radio stations, and they started playing "Pretty Woman" by Van Halen. I thought to myself that it's too bad they never play the "Intruder" intro that goes with it.

So I changed to Kim City's other rock radio station, and what's playing at that exact moment? "Intruder!" 2spooky4me!

-k