Hey let's talk about the Leafs

Boges

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the fact that they couldn't compete financially.

and they could not do it now either. Plus they need somebody to pony up an extra half billion or so to build a new stadium. Have they finished paying for the Olympic Stadium yet., before they tear it down?

More NHL news.....

Kahdri suspended four games , he is appealing the sentence, he wants 11 game suspension.

The Leafs broke my heart, they were eliminated from the playoffs last night. Man I was so hoping they would get on a roll. :lol:

That is pretty funny!

As things have played out so far, this statement makes your observation that signing Clarkson was a great move look like brilliant hockey analysis. :lol:

I thought it was a great move. I thought he'd be kind of a Lucic type of player. Hit, fight, score 20 plus or minus a few. Others did as well. Regardless, the Jets got ripped off by buffalo, and Clarkson isn't going to change that. Remember when you said they'd make the playoffs a couple of years ago? How'd that work out?

Tyler Myers since coming to the Jets: 14 Games Played - 2 Goals - 8 Assists - 10 Points - +5

Zach Bogosian since leaving the Jets: 12 Games Played - 0 Goals - 4 Assists - 4 Points - +3

Drew Stafford since coming to the Jets: 15 Games Played - 6 Goals - 5 Assists - 11 Points - +1
Evander Kane this whole season with the Jets: 37 Games Played - 10 Goals - 12 Assists - 22 Points - -1

Yeah I'm more than happy with that trade as a Jets fan. Not to mention we also have a late 1st rounder in one of the deepest drafts in the last decade as well as Armia and Lemiuex. I've watched every single Jets game this season, all 72 of them. And I can tell you without a doubt that Stafford and Myers are already having a bigger impact on this team than Kane was.

The only guy we've aqcuired this season that seems to be having a tough time adjusting is Tlusty and even he hasn't been so bad 3 points in last 9 games. Stempniak might be the best thing to happen to this team at the deadline. Unsung hero of the post-deadline Jets so far.

Edited by PrimeNumber

Awesome game though my voice is hoarse from chanting "Pavvy!" Myers shut down Ovechkin brilliantly and Stafford got another two assists. If the Jets keep getting ripped off like that, they'll win the cup before the Leafs even make the playoffs again.

Awesome game though my voice is hoarse from chanting "Pavvy!" Myers shut down Ovechkin brilliantly and Stafford got another two assists. If the Jets keep getting ripped off like that, they'll win the cup before the Leafs even make the playoffs again.

Myers really proved tonight how much of an asset he will be to this team going forward. I don't think ovie has had a tougher matchup all season long. Myers was on him like butter on movie theatre popcorn. Stafford has been pivotal to our 4 game win streak going into the final push for this team. If the Jets can continue to put some more points between themselves and LA over the next 10 games we can guarantee this team it's first playoff berth since the relocation and beginning of Jets 2.0 And Pav's is playng like a man on fire who can only get some water if we gets us to the playoffs. I love this team.

I was talking to a co-worker Watch for the NHL to freeze the Leafs ping pong ball for McDavid. Rogers has paid a lot of money for the NHL and if the Leafs are going to suck there needs be a reason to watch them. The ratings for them are in the pits.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/rogers-plays-blame-game-over-lower-ratings-for-nhl-games/article22731502/

The resurgent Sens and the Hamburgaler aren't enough to give Rogers a return on their investment.

I was talking to a co-worker Watch for the NHL to freeze the Leafs ping pong ball for McDavid. Rogers has paid a lot of money for the NHL and if the Leafs are going to suck there needs be a reason to watch them. The ratings for them are in the pits.

No doubt there are some who want the 1st pick to go to the Leafs in order to get better ratings, but no malarkey is afoot.

The resurgent Sens and the Hamburgaler aren't enough to give Rogers a return on their investment.

The Leafs drive the ratings, have since ...well forever . Thats why they are always on the early game, eyeballs on the game equal good ad revenues for the carrier. Not hard to see the ratings are down since the team started tanking.

Rogers needs the Leafs to be much better. (psssst...so do the fans)

Bettman would never freeze the ball for Toronto. When he was made Commissioner of the league in the 90's he had two goals; implement a salary cap and grow the game in the US. He has accomplished the former, as for the latter, the game has without a doubt grown exponentially in California and even Oregon and Seattle. The game has always been popular on the east coast but it's the central US that they have had trouble in, places where Baseball, Football and Basketball remain the most popular sports. If the fix is in for any team at this point it will be the Coyotes. Bettman and co. have been fighting tooth and nail to keep that team in Arizona. The next few years are pivotal for that team. Although the home grown Arizona talent in Auston Matthews is the big name in next years "Yankee" draft so it might be better to put the fix in then. I'm almost certain Florida will relocate in the next few years, as long as Tampa Bay remains I don't think many in Florida will care for the panthers departure, hopefully to Quebec.

Edited by PrimeNumber

Just checked with Forbes - Maple Leafs still worth $1.3 billion - most in NHL. What would they be worth if they were winning? :o

I believe, that includes the Raptors, Leafs, Marlies, Toronto FC, the TV channels, the condos and the arena/condo management businesses. So unless the Leafs tank for quite some time their record will not nut hurt the value of MLSE. Luckily, the value of the Raps is on the rise.

I expect that season ticket sales are safe, but I wonder if we'll see a decent drop in individual game ticket sales next year.

I believe, that includes the Raptors, Leafs, Marlies, Toronto FC, the TV channels, the condos and the arena/condo management businesses.

Apparently not.

It is the team and the team alone. I have no real idea but would think the ACC is worth half that on top....or more.

13th busiest venue in the world.

I expect that season ticket sales are safe, but I wonder if we'll see a decent drop in individual game ticket sales next year.

They wont see any decline in real numbers. The Leafs will probably play ok to start the season, the fans will gobble the tickets up like they always have and things will br right in the world......still out of the playoffs.