Islamification of Toronto?

Shwa

27 minutes ago, Omni said:

Nope, it's a word that describes a mode of thought, and action, that can be very dangerous because it thwarts any process for sensible resolution of issues.

So it should be banned, right?

14 minutes ago, Omni said:

Nope, just recognized, and the views of those who indulge in it discarded.

It's a good word to use when you want to discard any views at all. 

6 minutes ago, Omni said:

You're comment makes no sense, but when the show fits...

It makes perfect sense. 

Unless...  

What word were we talking about exactly?

Xenophobia.

That's what I thought. How can you not see the incredibly sane reasoning behind my comment?  It might be the best word in the English language for discarding views. 

2 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

That's what I thought. How can you not see the incredibly sane reasoning behind my comment?  It might be the best word in the English language for discarding views. 

Let's start here...(intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries) is the basic meaning of the word.

Let's start here...(intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries) is the basic meaning of the word.

Accusations of such can stem from any views. Those that indicate an intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries, or those that indicate an intense or perfectly rational dislike or fear of people from other countries. It also applies to people from your own country. It just depends on the views that require discarding. 

Edited by bcsapper

7 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Accusations of such can stem from any views. Those that indicate an intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries, or those that indicate an intense or perfectly rational dislike or fear of people from other countries. It also applies to people from your own country. It just depends on the views that require discarding. 

Well once again you spent a lot of time/words getting to the simple difference between the words rational, and irrational. I provided you with the actual definition of xenophobia. You can come to your own conclusion as to when it applies.

3 minutes ago, Omni said:

Well once again you spent a lot of time/words getting to the simple difference between the words rational, and irrational. I provided you with the actual definition of xenophobia. You can come to your own conclusion as to when it applies.

I stated my conclusion about its application in my initial post.  I thought that was what we were arguing about. I figured we both knew the definition. 

On 5/6/2017 at 8:52 AM, kimmy said:

I have nothing against that... but the point of my post (6 years ago...) was that this pattern we're seeing of ethnic enclaves where people don't even have to mix with anybody outside their own group isn't helpful.

There won't be any hippies inviting their Muslim neighbors to come visit if the Muslims don't have any hippy neighbors.

There are parts of Vancouver now where a Chinese person could come and live their whole life without speaking a word of English or meeting someone from outside their own group.  Perhaps there will soon be Muslim neighborhoods were the same is true, if there aren't already.

I don't think having a patchwork of insular ethnic enclaves in our large cities was what anybody wanted when they talk about multiculturalism and diversity.

-k

Multiculturalism is the reason why there are starting to become more and more ethnic enclaves. And these enclaves now have their own radio/TV, clubs, newspapers, stores, cultural centers, churches and have no need to learn English. Why would someone from China need or want to assimilate when they can come to Canada enter an enclave, and then carry on business as if they were back home.

This whole non-white immigration policy in Canada is to basically try and destroy the Anglophone culture, heritage,and traditions in this country, and to make Anglophones become a minority. Liberalism and liberals has been totally responsible for this. They despise everything British, and want it gone. Destroy the Anglophone, and the European cultures in this country, and you will end up with a third world hell hole. Believe it or not. 

22 hours ago, Boges said:

Should we have laws against insulting Christians? 

Long overdue for laws against insulting Christians. Christianity is under attack all the time, especially from Hollywood where they seem to have this hatred for Christians. If there should be any laws against insulting a religion it should be against Christianity especially when Christianity is the dominant religion in a country like Canada. Why does Islam need protection in Canada but Christianity does not rate protection also? There is something wrong with this picture. 

12 minutes ago, taxme said:

Long overdue for laws against insulting Christians.

You might want to reconsider. There is no way to put in laws against insulting Christians without having the same law protect Muslims and Jews from insults, too.

5 minutes ago, Argus said:

You might want to reconsider. There is no way to put in laws against insulting Christians without having the same law protect Muslims and Jews from insults, too.

I agree. There should be no laws made against any religion period. I was just trying to point out that if Canada is going to allow people like that Islamic MP to get her way and get a law implemented to stop the questioning or criticizing of Islam then there should also be a law against anyone questioning or criticizing Christianity. Seems fair to me.

This dam program and agenda called multiculturalism is starting to really cause so many problems in Canada that maybe it is time to outlaw multiculturalism. We need to make Canada great again and as it once was where we did not have all these different new culturally incompatible immigrants coming from all over the world, and trying hard not to have to abide and live by our rules. We are catering too much to these new immigrants. I should not be forced to accept their way of life and believes, and get me to be assimilated into their world. They should be told to drop what they left behind and become Canadian or get the hell out. We are told by our phony polticians and the fake media that we should be more sensitive to their needs and requirements of these new incompatible immigrants where it should be the other way around. They need to show sensitivity to my culture and traditions. It's getting bloody sad looking here in Canada today.  

On 5/6/2017 at 8:52 AM, kimmy said:

There won't be any hippies inviting their Muslim neighbors to come visit if the Muslims don't have any hippy neighbors.

-k

I'm reminded of Kassim - a Moroccan fellow who blew into town one summer hereabouts. He often lamented how he'd probably be going to hell the morning after a raucous night of blue-grass pickin' beer drinkin' and brawling.  Poor guy seemed to have a lot on his mind. Friendly as all get go though so I'm pretty sure hell will be better place with him than not.  

• 1 year later...
On 5/10/2017 at 3:37 PM, taxme said:

I agree. There should be no laws made against any religion period. I was just trying to point out that if Canada is going to allow people like that Islamic MP to get her way and get a law implemented to stop the questioning or criticizing of Islam then there should also be a law against anyone questioning or criticizing Christianity. Seems fair to me.

On 5/10/2017 at 3:07 PM, taxme said:

Long overdue for laws against insulting Christians. 

No laws against criticising any religion. This is democracy and free speech is the fundemental right of every citizen (to a limit of course as long as it does not create hate against individuals or cause violence). Those who wish to make this country a dictatorship like their homeland where people get hanged for criticising a certain religion must get the hell out of here and go back and live in that dictatorship. Do not try to ruin this democracy by bringing over your sub-values.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015
  • Like 1

We have to find ways to co-exist. If we start making Muslims scape goats, where are they going to go. They are already here. Can't we at least allow the moderate ones to live in peace? Instead of putting them on the margins, maybe we should befriend them, and get to know their community and families.

If we act indifferent to most Muslims, how is that going to help us combat extremism? If we want to stop extremism, we should work with the moderates, and give them the tools and resources so they can help marginalized Muslims with radical views.

We can never turn to racism, or want them kicked out of our country. Many of them are well established in the Canadian culture, run businesses, and are integrated into our economy. Instead of trying to separate them, we should evolve with them to make Canada a better place. We must empower them, so they can be the best, they can be.

We can defeat extremism through prosperity and collaboration, instead of indifference.

Edited by Robert Greene

1 hour ago, Robert Greene said:

We have to find ways to co-exist. If we start making Muslims scape goats, where are they going to go. They are already here. Can't we at least allow the moderate ones to live in peace? Instead of putting them on the margins, maybe we should befriend them, and get to know their community and families.

If we act indifferent to most Muslims, how is that going to help us combat extremism? If we want to stop extremism, we should work with the moderates, and give them the tools and resources so they can help marginalized Muslims with radical views.

We can never turn to racism, or want them kicked out of our country. Many of them are well established in the Canadian culture, run businesses, and are integrated into our economy. Instead of trying to separate them, we should evolve with them to make Canada a better place. We must empower them, so they can be the best, they can be.

We can defeat extremism through prosperity and collaboration, instead of indifference.

I was clear in my post that my comments were directed at extremist elements regardless of what religion, race or group they may be rather than the majority moderates who mind their own business, live their lives and integrated in the society and are part of economy. I was clear my problem is with those extreme elements who come here and wish to change our democratic way of life and respect for freedom and democracy and free speech. I wish only those who wish separate swimming pools or wish a ban on alcohol or mixed parties or lack respect for democracy or lack respect for women OUT of this country as much as I want those who promote racism like white extremists or those who promote bigotry against any group of people out of this country. I wish to keep Canada democratic and culturally rich not white only or Christain  only or pure. Moderates of any group or race or religion who are tax payers and are positively contributing to Canada and its nation are more than welcome and most Canadians are pleased to welcome them. I hope I clarify my position.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

3 hours ago, Robert Greene said:

We can never turn to racism, or want them kicked out of our country. 

Of course not. That doesn't mean we shouldn't drastically lower the number coming into the country, and make them pass a values test.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CITIZEN_2015 said:

I was clear in my post that my comments were directed at extremist elements regardless of what religion, race or group they may be rather than the majority moderates who mind their own business, live their lives and integrated in the society and are part of economy. I was clear my problem is with those extreme elements who come here and wish to change our democratic way of life and respect for freedom and democracy and free speech. I wish only those who wish separate swimming pools or wish a ban on alcohol or mixed parties or lack respect for democracy or lack respect for women OUT of this country as much as I want those who promote racism like white extremists or those who promote bigotry against any group of people out of this country. I wish to keep Canada democratic and culturally rich not white only or Christain  only or pure. Moderates of any group or race or religion who are tax payers and are positively contributing to Canada and its nation are more than welcome and most Canadians are pleased to welcome them. I hope I clarify my position.

I wasn't worried about your stance, but other people can have different ideas. I may be hardline conservative, but I'm trying to warn the Alt-Right, not to fall into scapegoat style divisiveness. I see a lot of it on the Rebel Media. I think we need to remind some of our conservative friends not to be so hostile towards multiculturalism, but to find productive ways to co-exist. With that said I think the Burka should be banned in Public. I think we have to be tough on some elements of extreme Islam, if the liberals don't like it, too bad.

burka-ansa-01.jpg

Edited by Robert Greene

I don't like Burkas either, or the Chador or niqabs.  But its difficult for me to condone limiting personal freedoms about what women can wear.   If I supported banning burkas because they arise from a female-oppressive tradition, I would also have to support banning the bonnets/hats and long dresses some more fundamentalist Christian women choose (or are forced) to wear.  

As much as I believe any kind of hijab is a symbol of oppression of women in the world (Iranian women risking their lives and fighting back against compulsory regime imposed hijab is just one example), I don't support banning hijab for those women who CHOOSE to wear it.

Edited by CITIZEN_2015

1 hour ago, dialamah said:

I don't like Burkas either, or the Chador or niqabs.  But its difficult for me to condone limiting personal freedoms about what women can wear.   If I supported banning burkas because they arise from a female-oppressive tradition, I would also have to support banning the bonnets/hats and long dresses some more fundamentalist Christian women choose (or are forced) to wear.  

While I understand and agree with the point you are trying to make - that there are other sects in Christian and Jewish societies which also restrict how women dress - I do not agree on the comparison between a full face AND body covering versus a bonnet or long dress.  The burka is neither of those - not a bonnet.  Not a longer skirt length.  Many women of no faith will wear a hat.  Many women of no faith will wear a skirt that is longer.

I agree with you that the INTENT is similar.  However, a woman in a bonnet or longer skirt can still eat or drink in public.  They can speak and be heard.  They can interact with society and society can interact with her.  I've never had a Hutterite man slap my hand away from his wife or demand that I ignore her, as I have with Muslim men guarding their burka'ed women.  I have always felt free to converse with a Hutterite woman.  The intent of the burka takes this way, way too far -  it doesn't just DIMINISH a woman's female personhood, it completely OBLITERATES the woman and her identity as a human being so that she can neither be seen nor heard and thus is easily forgotten.  The burka takes the "spirit" of religious freedom and perverts it in a way that is much more damaging to women.  And what damages women, damages society, as is evidenced in countries where the burka is mandatory.

Edited by Goddess