Islamification of Toronto?

Shwa

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

A little white-ier I think, because if someone shreiks about how white they are over and over again then that's ok.  Keep in mind that visual identification of skin, hair colour and clothing is the most base and low way for primitive man to identify enemies and allies.  

They can't even identify themselves accurately though. I mean, taxme hasn't mentioned being albino which suggests he's actually pink and not white at all. 

29 minutes ago, eyeball said:

They can't even identify themselves accurately though. I mean, taxme hasn't mentioned being albino which suggests he's actually pink and not white at all. 

I thought that Indians were supposed to be pink in color? In the past they were called "redskins". The Indians called white men white. Geez, are you trying to confuse the situation here?  :D

5 hours ago, H10 said:

And that is Canadian culture!  It is you who don't understand Canada.

No, it is you who cannot read the writing on the wall. When Canada was founded it became a culture of white people. It is you who does not seem to understand that this white culture is slowly being replaced by non-white cultures. All I am doing here is pointing this out. If the cry baby left wing liberals here have a problem with it well tough luck for them. See if I care. 

41 minutes ago, taxme said:

1) When Canada was founded it became a culture of white people.

2) It is you who does not seem to understand that this white culture is slowly being replaced by non-white cultures.

3) All I am doing here is pointing this out. If the cry baby left wing liberals here have a problem with it well tough luck for them. See if I care. 

1) 'became' meaning it wasn't originally white culture

2) 'replaced' ... And yet you blatantly said white culture replaced what was here before

3) Oh, you will care all right. I don't have to wait and see.  You will be posting your cringing plaints for the foreseeable future, I know that including blubbering on here like a crybaby every time you see a headscarf.

To paraphrase others... Love it or leave it.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2018 at 5:18 AM, paxrom said:

Ah I see the conundrum that Canada has. It tries to protect these different culture and ethnic background but doing so has also preventing it from melting into pot like we have in America. We are all immigrant on this land but we see our selves as American first and ethnic origin second.  

My sister, who's now lived in the U.S. for three decades, has raised the same point when visiting Toronto. Following a visit to a large suburban outlet mall and later touring some other shopping areas in the city, she asked me why many of our immigrants want to live as though they're still in their homelands while the same groups in the U.S. generally strive to quickly become like Americans. Her first neighbors when she moved to the U.S., she noted, were immigrants from India who enthusiastically embraced the American ethos and lifestyle. I blabbered on about the Canadian version of multiculturalism, but she remained entirely unconvinced of its merits. She asked, "But what's the point in it if they actually want to live in Canada?" I didn't have a good answer for her.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, turningrite said:

My sister, who's now lived in the U.S. for three decades, has raised the same point when visiting Toronto. Following a visit to a large suburban outlet mall and later touring some other shopping areas in the city, she asked me why many of our immigrants want to live as though they're still in their homelands while the same groups in the U.S. generally strive to quickly become like Americans. Her first neighbors when she moved to the U.S., she noted, were immigrants from India who enthusiastically embraced the American ethos and lifestyle. I blabbered on about the Canadian version of multiculturalism, but she remained entirely unconvinced of its merits. She asked, "But what's the point in it if they actually want to live in Canada?" I didn't have a good answer for her.

Yes i notice that problem when I visited Vancouver to see a friend. A lot of the chinese immigrant there live as though they are still in china, many not learning the language and opting to hang around their own countrymen. The same could be said for America but not nearly to this degree of non assimilation. My friend who lived in Vancouver for 10 years said that you can stay here without ever needing to learn english. 

22 hours ago, paxrom said:

Yes i notice that problem when I visited Vancouver to see a friend. A lot of the chinese immigrant there live as though they are still in china, many not learning the language and opting to hang around their own countrymen. The same could be said for America but not nearly to this degree of non assimilation. My friend who lived in Vancouver for 10 years said that you can stay here without ever needing to learn english. 

Toronto and Vancouver provide excellent examples of the trend noted in your post. The 'ethnoburbs' (as they're sometimes called) and extended ethnic areas that characterize vast swathes of suburban Toronto and Vancouver are examples of a new kind of Western urbanism that seems likely to thwart integration. Some analysts compare them to the 'receiving neighborhoods' of old, where continuous waves of immigrants from different places congregated in mainly poorer inner city neighborhoods until they became established and integrated into broader mainstream communities. But this doesn't appear to be the purpose of the ethnoburbs, which in many cases are now characterized by large and often expensive homes and are apparently intended as more or less permanent enclaves. It's interesting that in the Wikipedia entry on enthoburbs, the five cities cited as examples are all in mainly English-speaking countries and two of them are in Canada, with Vancouver ranking prominently at the top. One has to wonder what this says about Canadian "multiculturalism" and its emerging tribalist and anti-integrative tendencies? But we dare not raise concerns lest we be labeled as xenophobes, or worse.

Edited by turningrite
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, turningrite said:

But we dare not raise concerns lest we be labeled as xenophobes, or worse.

Wouldn't the tendency of those from a specific ethnic group to congregate be far more xenophobic than any concerns you might raise over it?

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

If you are afraid of being labelled'xenophobe' for saying xenophobic things, then I guess your best option is to not post?

Today's immigrants will assimilate the way the others did.  There's no reason to think otherwise.

I think the whole point is the fear of being labelled 'xenophobe' for saying non-xenophobic things.  It seems to be more common than mosquitoes in Manitoba these days.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

Well I will step in where I can, assuming that I'm not busy comforting White Pride folks who are stressed out about people thinking that they might be racist.

I did suggest you ignore him.  The problem is when legitimate debate is shut down by false accusations simply to avoid having to deal with uncomfortable reality.  Having grown up in West Yorkshire, England, and spending the first 22 years of my Canadian existence in the Lower Mainland of BC, I have seen no evidence at all that more immigrants will assimilate than won't.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Today's immigrants will assimilate the way the others did.  There's no reason to think otherwise.

You're not actually paying attention to the conversation here, right? A federal government study, the results of which were only obtained by the media via an access to information request, concluded that the most recent generation of immigrants isn't quickly, easily or adequately assimilating.

http://vancouversun.com/opinion/columnists/douglas-todd-canada-struggling-to-absorb-immigrants-internal-report-says

Edited by turningrite

2 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Wouldn't the tendency of those from a specific ethnic group to congregate be far more xenophobic than any concerns you might raise over it?

That's an interesting point that highlights the peculiar irony of the situation. Prior to retiring, my father spent his last working decade living in the GTA before moving to a smaller community and buying a house. While in Toronto, he and my mother rented houses, usually for a year or two, and then moved on. One of the last homes they rented was in a fairly prosperous ethnoburb comprised of mainly large new homes just beyond Toronto proper. Shortly after moving in, they had all their car windows broken while the car was parked overnight in their driveway. They reported the incident to police to facilitate the insurance claim. One of the investigating officers speculated that the vandalism was likely perpetrated by teenagers but another noted that my parents didn't fit the neighborhood's dominant ethnic composition and because there were no other such incidents recently reported in the area a message was likely being sent. My parents said that while living in the neighborhood they were outsiders and were generally made to feel that way. And after the broken windows incident, they were always careful to park their car in the garage.

Edited by turningrite

On 6/30/2018 at 1:09 PM, Michael Hardner said:

1) 'became' meaning it wasn't originally white culture

2) 'replaced' ... And yet you blatantly said white culture replaced what was here before

3) Oh, you will care all right. I don't have to wait and see.  You will be posting your cringing plaints for the foreseeable future, I know that including blubbering on here like a crybaby every time you see a headscarf.

To paraphrase others... Love it or leave it.

1. White Europeans are here and are in the majority for now so dry up about it. I personally could careless as to who was here first. You keep worrying about it. At least white people did something with the place. A place where you and your ancestors and relatives have been taking advantage of and from the native Indians, that you appear to be so concerned about, for dozen's of decades now. Maybe you are the one who should leave now? No loss for Canada and I believe that the native Indians will appreciate it and will not miss you. Bye-bye. 

2. If i said anything I said that at least the white people did something with the place and you helped it along? So, what's your point? 

3. I care alright that this country is being taken over by non-whites. I see it every time when I watch new immigrants taking their citizen's oath too becoming Canadian citizen. Approx. 90% are non-white. And 80% of our new immigrants are coming from non-white countries. But you will just have to wait a little bit longer before your dream of seeing Canada become a non-white majority country comes true and real. I know that you love your head scarfs alright. You always come to their defense when someone says something negative about your precious scarf wearers. 

4. Geez, Canada would be a lot better off if people like you left. Maybe then we might have a chance to save old whitey from going bye-byes. :D 

8 hours ago, turningrite said:

You're not actually paying attention to the conversation here, right? A federal government study, the results of which were only obtained by the media via an access to information request, concluded that the most recent generation of immigrants isn't quickly, easily or adequately assimilating.

http://vancouversun.com/opinion/columnists/douglas-todd-canada-struggling-to-absorb-immigrants-internal-report-says

Most new immigrants today have no need to assimilate and become a part of Canadian culture. They pretty much have their own TV, radio stations, newspapers, churches, community centers, restaurants and businesses where they can speak their own language with not much hindrance. I guess for some of them having to speak English is something that they unfortunately may have to use sometimes. Why our own governments even help pay for them to keep their language and religion and culture alive and well. Why would they want to assimilate? And the more that come here the worse things will get. But ask MH if he cares? He is loving it. :(

8 hours ago, turningrite said:

That's an interesting point that highlights the peculiar irony of the situation. Prior to retiring, my father spent his last working decade living in the GTA before moving to a smaller community and buying a house. While in Toronto, he and my mother rented houses, usually for a year or two, and then moved on. One of the last homes they rented was in a fairly prosperous ethnoburb comprised of mainly large new homes just beyond Toronto proper. Shortly after moving in, they had all their car windows broken while the car was parked overnight in their driveway. They reported the incident to police to facilitate the insurance claim. One of the investigating officers speculated that the vandalism was likely perpetrated by teenagers but another noted that my parents didn't fit the neighborhood's dominant ethnic composition and because there were no other such incidents recently reported in the area a message was likely being sent. My parents said that while living in the neighborhood they were outsiders and were generally made to feel that way. And after the broken windows incident, they were always careful to park their car in the garage.

Get ready for more thanks to Trudeau and his destructive left wing liberal merry band of idiots. What does he care? He has twenty four hour protection. Screw the rest of host Canadians. The police know more than they are allowed to mention. They know who is causing the problem but they have to remain politically correct and keep their mouths shut just like you and me. There must be no word mentioned where these new immigrants are allowed to be questioned or challenged or blamed for anything No negative opinions thank you about them. Welcome to Trudeau's diverse and multicultural country. The fix is in. :( 

12 hours ago, taxme said:

Get ready for more thanks to Trudeau and his destructive left wing liberal merry band of idiots. What does he care? He has twenty four hour protection. Screw the rest of host Canadians. The police know more than they are allowed to mention. They know who is causing the problem but they have to remain politically correct and keep their mouths shut just like you and me. There must be no word mentioned where these new immigrants are allowed to be questioned or challenged or blamed for anything No negative opinions thank you about them. Welcome to Trudeau's diverse and multicultural country. The fix is in. :( 

I think the most salient aspect of my parents' experience is that they were stoic about it. They rationalized that the vandalism was likely caused by immature teens who targeted them as outsiders but they didn't run to politicians or the media or otherwise make a big deal of it. My mother, who was well-educated, wondered back then - almost three decades ago - what the emergence of upscale and essentially permanent single-ethnicity enclaves portended for Canadian society. I guess in today's terms we'd have to ask whether we've encouraged multiculturalism or, rather, entrenched tribalism? In any case, other than being upset about having to pay the insurance deductible, they moved on. They neither expected nor sought earnest pontification from politicians about how their experience wasn't reflective of a "diverse" Canada. Sadly, they figured out, it probably was. And is?

4 hours ago, turningrite said:

I think the most salient aspect of my parents' experience is that they were stoic about it. They rationalized that the vandalism was likely caused by immature teens who targeted them as outsiders but they didn't run to politicians or the media or otherwise make a big deal of it. My mother, who was well-educated, wondered back then - almost three decades ago - what the emergence of upscale and essentially permanent single-ethnicity enclaves portended for Canadian society. I guess in today's terms we'd have to ask whether we've encouraged multiculturalism or, rather, entrenched tribalism? In any case, other than being upset about having to pay the insurance deductible, they moved on. They neither expected nor sought earnest pontification from politicians about how their experience wasn't reflective of a "diverse" Canada. Sadly, they figured out, it probably was. And is?

Typical lefty liberal talk. If it were white kids doing the damage I am pretty sure that you would have come back with a different answer and your parents would have called the police. They did not want to make a big deal out of it because they were no doubt too afraid of being labelled racists. All the shootings going on in Toronto are all being mostly caused by blacks. They are even shooting innocent victims because they just don't care. But no one will say that this is so. Political correctness nonsense in action again. 

Thanks to multiculturalism and our politically correct politicians they are the ones now responsible for creating tribalism and many different tribal lands in Canada and it will only get worse as those stupid politicians of ours keep bringing in more "diverse" new immigrants by the thousands that are not culturally compatible with our own Canadian culture and where many refuse to want to even assimilate into Canadian culture. 

Yup, just pay the deductible and go run and hide. That is what most Canadians are well known for. Don't say anything, just ignore it, and shut up and carry on business as usual. Thank gawd that they are some patriotic Canadian nationalists out there who are trying to sound the bells bells that some here wish that the gong would fall off. 

The warnings are there but sadly no one in Canadian politics want to figure it out. If some have figured it out then why don't they speak up and call it has it is. They have to put political correctness aside and start to think about Canada and not the rest of the world. 

Edited by taxme

23 hours ago, taxme said:

Typical lefty liberal talk. If it were white kids doing the damage I am pretty sure that you would have come back with a different answer and your parents would have called the police. They did not want to make a big deal out of it because they were no doubt too afraid of being labelled racists.

They're both dead now, so I can't ask them to explain their thinking at the time, but you may be correct that they didn't want to be labelled as racists, or perhaps more accurately xenophobes, which seems to be the reflexively standard response when anybody points out shortcomings associated with our immigration and/or refugee programs. My point, though, is that if everybody remained calm in the face of perceived cultural or racial aggression our society might be better off. My parents had no way to prove who vandalized their car, or why, so shouting their suspicions from the rooftops wouldn't have been fair. More recently, as in the false report that a young girl was attacked for wearing a hijab, sensationalist reportage has blown divisive issues out of proportion. And I still can't get my mind around microaggressions, where supposedly we can subconsciously discriminate base on our facial expressions or tone of voice. Who comes up with this stuff, and how does it help society?