The Wuhan lab leak conspiracy theory now a likely reality

• West changed the title to The Wuhan lab leak conspiracy theory now a likely reality
7 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

lmao this is incredibly weak sauce. Very funny that one of her points is that evidence the virus had emerged from the wildlife trade is still missing when she has no actual evidence connecting the virus to the lab.

This isn't the first non-crazy person who has suggested this. Various agencies of the US government have done so, as well. 

• Like 1

The pangolin wet market theory was ridiculous.  I think a lab leak is probable.  I’d like to know if Canada made a reckless contribution to this, but of course our government has redacted information about the Manitoba virus lab work with Chinese researchers in the name of national security, even though it was the approval and funding of this work that was the national security threat. 

After all of this time, why does it matter?  How does identifying the actual source change anything?

They originally blamed the "Spanish" flu on a number of presumed sources but in the end, it turns out it originated  in Kansas. 

Edited by Queenmandy85
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

After all of this time, why does it matter?  How does identifying the actual source change anything?

If it came from a lab, why would it not matter? 

A) would be the a point in a lawsuit against the US government

B. would help to limit or prevent future incidences from happening in the future. 

C. It would vindicate those of us who have been maligned for simply asking questions. 

• Like 3

The idea that the virus was released from a laboratory (accidentally or deliberately) appeared early in the pandemic.[28][29] It gained popularity in the United States through promotion by conservative personalities in early 2020,[30] fomenting tensions between the U.S. and China.[31] Scientists and media outlets widely dismissed it as a conspiracy theory.[32][33] The accidental leak idea had a resurgence in 2021.[34] In March, the World Health Organization (WHO) published a report which deemed the possibility "extremely unlikely", though the WHO's director-general said the report's conclusions were not definitive.[35] Subsequent plans for laboratory audits were rejected by China.[22][36]

Most scientists remain skeptical of the possibility of a laboratory origin, citing a lack of any supporting evidence for a lab leak and the abundant evidence supporting zoonosis.[15][37] Though some scientists agree a lab leak should be examined as part of ongoing investigations,[38][39] politicization remains a concern.[40][41] In July 2022, two papers published in Science described novel epidemiological and genetic evidence that suggested the pandemic likely began at the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market and did not come from a laboratory.[16][42][5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_lab_leak_theory

It's not about Covid, the origin of the virus or anything like that.  It's about the Public Sphere and who is a legitimate thought leader and who isn't.  The end.

2 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

Because it was gain-of-function research, which is very dangerous.

Even the first SARS-CoV was leaked from a lab.

Covid was leaked form the Wuhan lab, the gain-of-function research there was funded by Fauci, who then profited from providing the "cure".

It's very possible it was released deliberately.

It matters because:   1.  Gain-of-function research is still going on. and 2. What is to stop the next Fauci/Daszak from releasing a virus from a lab and then profiting from it?

Or are you okay with this?  Because many of us are not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's about the Public Sphere and who is a legitimate thought leader and who isn't.  The end.

No, it's not.

It's about public safety.

I posted the evidence in the Trickle thread that proved it came from Daszak's research - it's the same evidence that 2 US Departments used to determine the lab leak was very likely.  Daszak was working on the very virus that leaked or was deliberately released. Here it is in basic form:

The funky furin cleavage site and the ACE receptors are just part of the smoking gun.

image.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_lab_leak_theory

It's not about Covid, the origin of the virus or anything like that.  It's about the Public Sphere and who is a legitimate thought leader and who isn't.  The end.

How post-modern of you to say that it’s all about rhetoric and facts don’t matter.  That’s at the heart of what ails the West.  The most influential fake wins.  Awesome.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

13 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Because it was gain-of-function research, which is very dangerous.

Even the first SARS-CoV was leaked from a lab.

Covid was leaked form the Wuhan lab, the gain-of-function research there was funded by Fauci, who then profited from providing the "cure".

It's very possible it was released deliberately.

It matters because:   1.  Gain-of-function research is still going on. and 2. What is to stop the next Fauci/Daszak from releasing a virus from a lab and then profiting from it?

Or are you okay with this?  Because many of us are not.

It gets worse when you see who the main advertisers are at most mainstream news outlets.  Big Pharma is a thing and so is influence peddling.  

SARS-CoV-2 is the only betacoronavirus possessing a furin cleavage site. This unique feature boosts SARS‑CoV‑2’s ability to infect humans, making it capable of causing a global pandemic.

In 2018, scientists funded by Dr. Fauci proposed inserting a furin cleavage site into a betacoronavirus at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, which reportedly operated with insufficient biosafety protocols.

In 2019, the virus responsible for the COVID-19 pandemic, featuring the aforementioned distinctive furin cleavage site, emerged in Wuhan, the city where the world’s foremost research lab for SARS-like viruses is located. SARS-CoV-2 emerged in Wuhan equipped with this unique furin cleavage site one year after Fauci-funded scientists proposed inserting furin cleavage sites into betacoronaviruses under already known substandard biosafety conditions in Wuhan.

In previous coronavirus outbreaks, SARS and MERS, scientists were quickly able to demonstrate natural origin by collecting multiple pieces of evidence linking infected humans to infected animals. For SARS-CoV-2, these same key pieces of evidence are still missing more than four years after the virus emerged.

Over the past decade, Dr. Fauci has been a prominent advocate of risky gain-of-function research, funding such experiments and facilitating technology transfers to various questionable laboratories worldwide. Despite a pause in 2014 due to lab leaks in the United States and opposition from hundreds of scientists, Fauci continued such research, moving experiments overseas to labs like the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

In summary, the evidence strongly indicates that Dr. Fauci's funding and technology transfers contributed to the risky gain-of-function research at the Wuhan Institute, ultimately leading to the creation of SARS-CoV-2, the virus responsible for COVID-19.

If we don't acknowledge the truth, these dangerous experiments will continue.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, West said:

If it came from a lab, why would it not matter? 

A) would be the a point in a lawsuit against the US government

B. would help to limit or prevent future incidences from happening in the future. 

C. It would vindicate those of us who have been maligned for simply asking questions. 

A. What did President Trump's government have to do with it? On the contrary, President Trump's expediting the vaccine counter measures saved lives. On what grounds could anyone make a case that his administration caused an event in China?

B. How would it do that? Usually, these pandemics originate in other animals such as poultry or swine etc. Virology labs operate under stringent safeguards. 

C. It is human (my) nature to believe I know better than someone who has worked in a particular field for thirty years. It is akin to those times when I'm watching someone performing a task and I have the overwhelming urge to butt in and do it my self, particularly when the task is brain surgery or disarming 200 Kg bombs. There are times when we have to accept the word of the professionals. Not everybody is as suseptable to bribery as I am. Sit back and let them do their jobs and trust them.

Edited by Queenmandy85

1 minute ago, Queenmandy85 said:

A. What did President Trump's government have to do with it? On the contrary, President Trump's expediting the vaccine counter measures saved lives. On what grounds could anyone 

B. How would it do that? Usually, these pandemics originate in other animals such as poultry or swine etc. Virology labs operate under stringent safeguards. 

C. It is human (my) nature to believe I know better than someone who has worked in a particular field for thirty years. It is akin to those times when I'm watching someone performing a task and I have the overwhelming urge to butt in and do it my self, particularly when the task is brain surgery or disarming 200 Kg bombs. There are times when we have to accept the word of the professionals. Not everybody is as suseptable to bribery as I am. Sit back and let them do their jobs and trust them.

1. The program was started under Obama.

2. Any incident would give the lab a chance to evaluate how it happened and what safeguards would be implemented. 

3. I was personally basing my views off of people in the medical field raising questions. Even mainstream scientists were shrugged off as whackos 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Trust is earned.

I mean trusting an adversary with research that could lead to bioweapons is on its surface whacked out. 

I'm just a schmuck though. Not one of the smart guys like the cnn anchors. 

Edited by West

11 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Well if that's the case, then you have been assured by public officials that all is well.  Are you satisfied ?

I dunno I think it's refuted among some of the different government departments. As an example, Mike Pompeo who was the CIA director was all about the lab leak theory. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

And the evidence is entirely circumstantial.

It took several months before anybody could get in to investigate and anybody pressing for answers was dubbed a conspiracy nut or a raging racist by the press

Edited by West

1 hour ago, Black Dog said:

lmao this is incredibly weak sauce.

I agree its way short of a smoking gun. However I recall very clearly too how the study that found traces of contamination in some stall in the the market was fanfared and paraded as the "proof" of the nature origin while it could have been secondary, ternary and so on contamination. The lengths to which reputable, presumably competent people were prepared to go putting their reputation and credibility on the line is nothing short of astounding.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Well if that's the case, then you have been assured by public officials that all is well.  Are you satisfied ?

I don't know what public officials you're talking about, but 2 US government departments determined it's most likely a lab leak and the medical studies and datasets show all is NOT well.

I believe the datasets over public officials who are nothing but bureaucrats.

So no. I'm not satisfied.

And I trust the doctors and scientists who have been right about everything so far, over the public officials who have lied their faces off.

• Like 1