God bless our monarch - Queen Elizabeth

1 hour ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

At some point we will probably have a serious falling out with the UK. These things happen. Does anybody doubt whose side our head of state will be obliged to take under such circumstances?

Why would that happen?   The UK does not govern Canada.  Do you know how the Constitutional Monarchy works?

Canada is a completely self-governing country.  We are better off being part of the British Commonwealth with a King because of the threat of China, Russia, Iran, N. Korea, etc.  United we stand.  Divided we fall.   God bless the King.

The Ireland Republic became independent long ago.  Then they declared themselves neutral and did not support the Allies in WW2 to defend against the Nazis and Hitler.   Thousands of Canadians gave their lives to defend democracy and the west against Nazism.

The Irish Republic still did not join NATO.  They are nearly useless to the western world which is always under threat by Russia and China.

That is what happens when people in the country are ignorant of how the world works and fail to appreciate how many people gave their lives in the past to defend what we have today.

Edited by blackbird
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, paradox34 said:

Blowing thousands if not millions more to update our currency and government buildings with irrelevant monarchist symbols can wait forever.

Well, it has to be blown on something... their favorite punching boy likes his things rainbow-style they prefer spending it on pictures with unclear semantic message. Go figure. This is Canada, a place of eternal mystery. Yes we would but it would be such a can of worms so no point bothering.

Edited by myata

3 hours ago, herbie said:

We'll just fprget who set Hitler and Mussolini into power will we? How convenient....

You talk a lot of nonsense.  The western allies did not put Hitler or Mussolini into power.  That was done by the people in Germany and Italy.

2 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

The US and many other countries in the Americas have amply demonstrated that such patriotism doesn’t require an unelected foreigner as head of state. Our arrangement with Britain is out of date for many reasons.

Just who do you think we could put in a president's role that could be seen as unbiased and above the fray? You want to look at most of our last batch of governors-general and what a disastrous group most of them were? 

1 hour ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

When you write it like that, it looks mad, doesn’t it?

At some point we will probably have a serious falling out with the UK. These things happen. Does anybody doubt whose side our head of state will be obliged to take under such circumstances?

As a matter of fact, I think they'd remain scrupulously neutral.

30 minutes ago, blackbird said:

You talk a lot of nonsense.  The western allies did not put Hitler or Mussolini into power.  That was done by the people in Germany and Italy.

Unfortunately the electorate are forgetting just how valuable Canada’s roots are.  Canada happened in a particular context and inherited institutions and traditions that put her on solid foundations.  The pushers of Post-National State or UN rule don’t understand that the values underlying Canada are her strength.  This is not China or Venezuela.  Continuing to cook up Marxist redistribution programs and anti-family policies will eventually result in a failed state, because few people will care about a place that offers no good guidance, let alone defend it militarily.

Trudeau’s government has called Canada genocidal (it isn’t) and has attacked its founding cultures.  Of course many people don’t care about having King Charles on our bills because they don’t understand that it was the Royal Engineers who laid out our cities and the Royal Navy who settled them, and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police who policed the country and the British Parliamentary system that governed it.  They don’t understand the very specific conditions of Loyalists building the farmsteads in Ontario and New Brunswick and throughout the early settlements.  Why would this government who is in the business of making Canadians hate their first Prime Minister honour the builders of the CP railroad that settled the West?  All we get is toxic propaganda about the “settler colonialists”, which is why our universities are full of ignorant radicals supporting Hamas.

Much of our honour as a people lies in our valiant military history.  Our Parliament is a veritable WW1 museum.  Our role fighting Nazism in Europe in WW2 was significant. Our peacekeeping arose out of our reputation as honest brokers.  If people don’t think that’s tied to our cultural history, they are sadly mistaken and will throw away Canada’s honour quickly.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Why would that happen?   The UK does not govern Canada.  Do you know how the Constitutional Monarchy works?

Canada is a completely self-governing country.  We are better off being part of the British Commonwealth with a King because of the threat of China, Russia, Iran, N. Korea, etc.  United we stand.  Divided we fall.   God bless the King.

We can be part of the Commonwealth and still be an independent republic. This rule changed in 1949 to accommodate India. There are many examples of it.

The Ireland Republic became independent long ago.  Then they declared themselves neutral and did not support the Allies in WW2 to defend against the Nazis and Hitler.   Thousands of Canadians gave their lives to defend democracy and the west against Nazism.

The Irish Free State became Ireland in 1937 and, like many small nations in Europe, decided to stay neutral in WWII after the horrible carnage of WWI.

The Irish Republic still did not join NATO.  They are nearly useless to the western world which is always under threat by Russia and China.

In 1949 Ireland became the Republic of Ireland just before republics could remain members of the Commonwealth. Its neutrality is of far less concern than its very low military spending. 

That is what happens when people in the country are ignorant of how the world works and fail to appreciate how many people gave their lives in the past to defend what we have today.

WWI was a horrible, pointless slaughter with no good guys - the Russian Empire, the Belgian Empire? - and it’s time we got beyond the simplistic jingoism of In Flanders Fields to tell the truth about that. We would have been better off staying out of it. 

27 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

We can be part of the Commonwealth and still be an independent republic.

We are a Constitutional Monarchy.  Trying to change that to a republic means that it would easier for a would-be dictator to take over Canada.  Right now we have the RCMP and Canadian Forces that swore allegiance to the Crown acting as a barrier to a would-be dictator taking over.  If you eliminate that, you would have little or nothing to protect the existing system.  Most countries in the world are dictatorships.  There is no guarantee that Canada would not become a dictatorship if you start changing the system.

What would be the point in changing the system anyway?  If it works now, don't fix it.

We could make some improvements such as switching to an elected Senate and a different method of selecting judges.

Edited by blackbird

8 hours ago, blackbird said:

The advantage of the Constitutional Monarch is the armed forces and the RCMP swear allegiance to the monarch and this prevents a would-be little tin-pot dictator from seizing absolute power and setting up a Communist or Fascist dictatorship like north Korea or Cuba or China and eliminating all human rights and freedoms.  We have an elected Parliament now and supposed to have human rights although at times it is not perfect.  But if you get rid of the Constitutional Monarch you could be setting yourself up for an absolute dictatorship because the barrier to protect from that would be gone.

Many simple-minded people don't understand that.

Do you believe that’s an imminent risk in, say, France, Germany, Austria or Finland? 

5 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Do you believe that’s an imminent risk in, say, France, Germany, Austria or Finland? 

I can't speak about those countries.  France has a lot of problems.  We have some serious problems in Canada such as a failing health care system and a cost of living and cost of housing crisis.  We should focus on those problems and not try to create something new.  Canada is also different than those countries.  We are a confederation made up of ten provinces plus territories.  Some provinces might resent changing the system because it could cause provinces to lose jurisdiction of some things and make Canada more of a unitary state with more central control.  That is already somewhat of a problem.

I like the monarchy. I think it's a nice tradition. The monarch has very little actual power. And Chuck...well he's a friggin' ugly bugger. Do we really want that mug on our cash?

21 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Doing the bare minimum to remember our heritage, history and culture is how we have a country with 'no core identity' made up of growing, disparate diaspora communities with no particular loyalty to Canada or interest in integrating.

It's how we get a country full of young people who consider it 'illegitimate' and accept that we should grovel before the world for the past crimes of our ancestors, of people who feel no pride in the country or much interest in its defense or security.

Do you suppose that the veneration and prominent display of an unlikable and inbred-looking old man of questionable character would somehow contribute to our "core identity"?  

We put Charles the Unfaithful on our money and all of the sudden...what do you figure happens here?   

9 hours ago, Black Dog said:

I think i's a good move since Charles is probably going to be dead very soon and we'll have to spend a whole bunch more money to change it all over again, might as well just wait for William.

BD,

1. Miss you.

2. Kinda fun to look at coins, paper. What face is there?

Compare the amount of thought, discussion and effort of free, competent and patriotic citizens that went into creation of American constitution (that is not perfect, as the contemporary reality shows) with the Canadian one, only a few decades back. And already the count is lost of "no it just can't be done, would be such a can of worms". What a great f-up job fellas. Beat yourselves.

F-ng mental laziness, at a level extreme in the developed world (and so unlikely to be sustained, the position in). No other reasonable explanations.

Edited by myata

The monarchy is part of our system of governance and an important aspect of our culture.  It’s not about Charles but the significant symbolism and heft of a title that has been maintained throughout significant world events over thousands of years.  If you want to discard the Loyalist origins in favour of a second American republic, there are arguments to be made for that, but traditions are protections.  The fact that we can refer to our important roots protects us from twits who think nothing of scrapping aspects of Canada that most of us value.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

The far right are currently the most popular parties in France and Austria

17 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Why would this government who is in the business of making Canadians hate their first Prime Minister honour the builders of the CP railroad that settled the West?  All we get is toxic propaganda about the “settler colonialists”, which is why our universities are full of ignorant radicals supporting Hamas.

Speaking of which. Look what the woke Trudeau acolytes have done with Sir John A Macdonald's home.

Sir John A. Macdonald furnished his home with mahogany processed by slaves in the Caribbean. He combed his hair with the shells of now-endangered turtles. He exhibited parrot-based design motifs as a possible way of showing off the “perceived social and intellectual superiority” of his race.

And the country he built remains “steeped in racism” and encoded by “colonialism.”

These are just some of the takeaways from a new “decolonized” visitor experience just unveiled by Parks Canada at Macdonald’s Kingston, Ont., home.

Parks Canada officially "decolonizes" Sir John A. Macdonald's house | National Post

• Like 1

Well, in a place that's lost its connection to the reason, one just can't get it right. The other party - twin face will come up with nonsense of their own: like canceling access to abortion for example. What, they couldn't how?

If everything else fails, why couldn't we have referendums? We can have a referendum on monarchy too. If the majority of citizens care about it so be it. But they will know that it was their choice and responsibility. What could be wrong with it? Where the elites walk bonkers each their own way, and the common folk cannot be trusted with holding a fork what would be the solution?

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

a nation forged in blood & fire upon Hill One Four Five at Pas de Calais

the naive idealistic Canadians charged unto the Western Front, to prove themselves as Loyalists

decimated from the Ypres Salient to the Somme

no hope of ever seeing Canada again, unless until the war was won

thus they devised a way to win the Great War, in a Hundred Days

led by Lord Byng & General Currie

Shock Troops of the Empire

the Best Small Army in the World

so they could go home again

Vigilamus oro te

Oh F Off doogie.

We ain't british and haven't been for a very long tome, thank goodness.

14 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Oh F Off doogie.

We ain't british and haven't been for a very long tome, thank goodness.

British is not a race, British is not a place

British is simply a system of governance

called Westminster Parliamentary Supremacy

founded by William III, Prince of Orange, in 1690

Cuidich 'n Righ

20 hours ago, blackbird said:

What would be the point in changing the system anyway?  If it works now, don't fix it.

never mind fixing it

if you don't adhere to the British Crown In North America

you will be overrun by the American republic immediately thereafter

not that I would mind, being a dual citizen whom loves American freedom

but I none less undertook a solemn oath to defend  & uphold the monarchy of my own free will

HM Queen Elizabeth II, heirs & successors

God save the King

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

British is not a race, British is not a place

British is simply a system of governance

called Westminster Parliamentary Supremacy

founded by William III, Prince of Orange, in 1690

Cuidich 'n Righ

British, Smitish, English, engand, great  britain, monarchy...all the same shit and you lap it up loser.

British shit started in 12000 or thereabouts with the magna carta.  Or maybe even earlioer, in 1066.

Non of which is important to Canada so, as I said, F  off and go worship your murderers and torturers at your basement shrine.

7 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

never mind fixing it

if you don't adhere to the British Crown In North America

you will be overrun by the American republic immediately thereafter

not that I would mind, being a dual citizen whom loves American freedom

but I none less undertook a solemn oath to defend  & uphold the monarchy of my own free will

HM Queen Elizabeth II, heirs & successors

God save the King

Well this is it, Dougie.  It’s either become a second rate US protectorate as a republic, break up into smaller nations, become a China-led UN jurisdiction post-national state, or assert our bicultural, bilingual traditional identity.  The multicultural experiment of Pierre Trudeau has become our undoing, because we went from accepting other cultures within a Canada dominated by French and English with close ties to these roots to a rejection of those founding cultures, deprecating them as settler-colonial, even as we amp up immigration from continents other than Europe as never before.  Even the Indigenous are struggling to maintain identities under this inundation.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

British, Smitish, English, engand, great  britain, monarchy...all the same shit and you lap it up loser.

British shit started in 12000 or thereabouts with the magna carta.  Or maybe even earlioer, in 1066.

Non of which is important to Canada so, as I said, F  off and go worship your murderers and torturers at your basement shrine.

Britannia was actually founded by the Ancient Romans in 43 BC

2011 years later

HM Canadian Airborne Regiment was raised

on 8 April 1968, at CFB Griesbach, Edmonton, Alberta

Ex Coelis

Airborne

Edited by Dougie93

3 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Well this is it, Dougie.

you are the one whom invoked the Vimy Myth to me, and rightfully so

hold to your oath, you said

as I say, I am a dual citizen, fiercely loyal to the American religion

none the less, I undertook that solemn oath in the face of God Himself

hand on the King James Bible, beneath the laid up Colours, by the Book of the Dead

at St. Andrew's  Church on King Street West

"I ......... (full name), do swear  that I will well and truly serve Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, Her heirs and successors according to law, in the Canadian Forces until lawfully released, that I will resist Her Majesty's enemies and cause Her Majesty's peace to be kept and maintained and that I will, in all matters pertaining to my service, faithfully discharge my duty. So help me God."

scanned-low-res-off-contact-queen-elizab

• Like 1