Anti-Conservative Bias in CBC and MSM

10 hours ago, Aristides said:

Well I don't know why you are so upset at them not reporting deaths when it was just the "flu".

By their own standard it was a pandemic in 2021 when 14,000 people died of covid. That's a fact.

Then it wasn't a pandemic when 19,000 people died of covid in 2022. Also a fact. 

Yet you're saying that they were never engaging in deception at any point? You don't think that neglecting to tell Canadians that more people than ever were dying of covid than ever before was an omission of a very important truth? IE, a lie...

You don't think that they should have mentioned that many, many thousands of multi-vaxed Canadians died of covid in 2020? Or that almost 90% of covid deaths were occurring among the unvaxed?

Is your point really that they were initially wrong the whole time, and it was just a flu?

At some point in time, they got this very, very wrong. When was it? 

Don't talk in terms of what I thought: they never answered to me. Does their messaging make sense to you? 

Man up and tell us all how you believe they were telling the truth. That's your point, is that they were somehow telling the truth. So mansplain it to us... You think you know more than anyone else. 

12 hours ago, eyeball said:

An X on a ballot....at the end of the day...usually years down the road.

And yet you couldn't even do that.  Even that was beyond you.

Yeah, like that'll teach em'. 

Getting kicked out of power? Losing all their perks which they could have continued to have? Getting fired as leader for whomever was in charge? Many of their mp's not qualifying for their pensions?

Yeah. Actually that really DOES teach them. You'd have to be stupid to think other wise.

And this is what i mean. Till voters like you get a clue there's no amount of accountability in the universe that matters.

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

And yet you couldn't even do that.  Even that was beyond you.

No, I've marked lots of ballots...at times hopefully, grudgingly at others...it mostly feels like a demeaning exercise in futility though. 

Getting kicked out of power? Losing all their perks which they could have continued to have? Getting fired as leader for whomever was in charge? Many of their mp's not qualifying for their pensions?

Yeah. Actually that really DOES teach them. You'd have to be stupid to think other wise.

Patronizing voters like this might make you feel good but its kind of nauseating really. 

And this is what i mean. Till voters like you get a clue there's no amount of accountability in the universe that matters.

No, all this simply means is if voters don't pick your guy for whatever partisan reasons you think matter and that are peculiar to you - which in your case is a truly averse reaction to the idea of any kind of penetrating transparency and robust institutions of accountability that can act far more immediately and punishingly than any X on a ballot ever could. 

In the meantime voters like me can remain active in local governance and wrest or contribute what little transparency and accountability we can from the ground up. It's all good but we really do need something that also compels these from the top down.

• Like 1

Trudeau was voted in last time, based on his campaign of hate against "anti-vaxxers" (who a large majority of voters wanted jailed) and in spite of a long list of scandals, gov't waste of taxpayer money, and deficit budgets.

I blame YOU.  YOU chose him.

And now look where we are.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Trudeau was voted in last time, based on his campaign of hate against "anti-vaxxers" (who a large majority of voters wanted jailed) and in spite of a long list of scandals, gov't waste of taxpayer money, and deficit budgets.

I blame YOU.  YOU chose him.

And now look where we are.

So your assertion is that most people wanted Trudeau to jail anti-vaxxers... interesting.  I don't know if it's true or not, but implicitly it means that Trudeau was taking a popular tack on that.

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

So your assertion is that most people wanted Trudeau to jail anti-vaxxers... interesting.  I don't know if it's true or not,

Yes, that is my assertion, based on his many campaign appearances where he gave screaming, spit-spewing speeches about "DON'T THINK YOU CAN GET ON A PLANE OR A TRAIN OR A BUS AND THINK YOU CAN PUT OUR CHILDREN, AND MY CHILDREN IN DANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!" 

And the crowds went wild.  Much like when Hitler's speeches promised to get rid of those filthy Jews.

but implicitly it means that Trudeau was taking a popular tack on that.

Popular, yes.

Correct or Moral?  

Don't forget that it was the people who hid the Jews that were breaking the law.

And at the time that he was spewing his hate, it was already obvious that the jabs did not prevent anyone from getting or transmitting covid. 

But y'all ignored facts.  And voted him in because he promised to persecute "anti-vaxxers".

Is it any wonder he received pushback from the Freedom Convoy?

Is it any wonder why you're all wanting to re-write history and pretend you didn't participate in the hatred?

Edited by Goddess
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Popular, yes.

Correct or Moral?  

I cut out the hyperbolic comparison.

Yes, the morality is dubious but it's interesting because so many people on here will claim that one leader or another is popular, AND listens to the people AND does the right thing.

My take: most of our political leaders are.... (checks his cheat sheet) ...politicians.

49 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I cut out the hyperbolic comparison.

I know it seems like that, in hindsight, to people who heavily bought into the hysteria.

Think though: 

When the Jews first started getting persecuted - shops vandalized, hate graffiti, businesses boycotted, children getting beaten up at school, wear this star of david when out in public .......anyone who said "This is leading to very bad places" would also have been accused of being "hyperbolic."

Seriously, the only thing that stopped all you guys from going to very bad places....was the Freedom Convoy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I know it seems like that, in hindsight, to people who heavily bought into the hysteria.

Think though: 

When the Jews first started getting persecuted - shops vandalized, hate graffiti, businesses boycotted, children getting beaten up at school, wear this star of david when out in public .......anyone who said "This is leading to very bad places" would also have been accused of being "hyperbolic."

Seriously, the only thing that stopped all you guys from going to very bad places....was the Freedom Convoy

And yet, the public didn't really support the convoy, right? I think a better way to think about it is that it all just died down. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

And yet, the public didn't really support the convoy, right?

According to MSM, yes.

The reality they didn't show you was the amount of SUPPORT they had.  And it inspired similar convoys all over the world.  But that wasn't in the MSM, either.

I get it though - people who only rely on the CBC often have zero idea of what's really going on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Aristides said:

All the antivaxxers were saying it was just a flu, that people who were dying of Covid were just dying with Covid and not because of it.

Explain it yourself.

Stop changing the subject. 

1) You said that the MSM wasn't dishonest, and I just proved that they were.

How I personally felt about covid has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not CBC was being dishonest about it.

2) There are no anti-vaxers here. Anti-vaxer refers to people who refuse to give their children actual vaccines. You just mean non-vaxtards. 

Edited by WestCanMan

5 minutes ago, herbie said:

Deluded....

This is an odd place for a confession, but you're the last person I ever expected to hear the truth from, so I'll take it. 

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

That's a pretty solid quote. I like it. 

The next sentence in that paragraph was this:

"and they'll marvel at the hypocrisy of the leftists who acted like covid was a pandemic of biblical proportions who simultaneously jumped to discredit possible, affordable solutions."

Perfection. 

Edited by WestCanMan
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

And yet, the public didn't really support the convoy, right? I think a better way to think about it is that it all just died down. 

What did the public that you're referring to, who didn't support the convoy, "know" about it, MH? 

Did they all see it first-hand, or did most of them see it/learn about it on CTV, CBC and other news networks? 

If they just saw it on the news, they "knew" that it was rife with swastikas and confederate flags, they "knew" that people were peeing on everything and destroying things, they "knew" that statues were being defaced, etc. 

But none of that was true...

How did they all "know" things that weren't true, MH? How did that happen? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Wrong. In my neck of the woods the convoy had 100% support. It was just the left leaning press which said otherwise,

Many non thinkers bought into the MSM propaganda.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I can't get a complete handle on whether this site is serious or (to quote John Cleese:) "silly".

People are actually arguing aainst a couple of hundred years of epidemiological experience and about a hundred years of scientific evidence. Vaccination works and has dramatically reduced human mortality from viral diseases including: smallpox, polio, measles, influenza, diptheria  pertussis, tetanus, ... and on and on.

The efficacy of approved vaccines is beyond scientific question. These are facts, not magic. If you prefer magic, there are  lot of empty churches with all of the answers. They just don't understand many of the questions.

No literate adult should argue against established science unless they understand it and have logical arguments against it.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/what-canadians-think-about-the-emergencies-act-according-to-nanos-polling-1.6758343

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/freedom-convoy-opinions-alberta-1.6571653

These outlets are reporting the findings of polls and studies done by others, not making stuff up.

Edited by Aristides

34 minutes ago, Aristides said:

It's actually disappointing  if these polls are correct, and shows why our gov't is in the state it is with very little accountability required by apathetic voters.

It means too large a portion of the public is okay with the government doing illegal  and unconstitutional things.  At least when the gov't is doing it to OTHER people they don't like. 😉

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Goddess said:

It's actually disappointing  if these polls are correct, and shows why our gov't is in the state it is with very little accountability required by apathetic voters.

It means too large a portion of the public is okay with the government doing illegal  and unconstitutional things.  At least when the gov't is doing it to OTHER people they don't like. 😉

Those polls only reflect those who bought into the propaganda pushed by media outlets like CTV and CBC.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I don't think people were apathetic about the convoy. Quite the opposite, they had strong feelings, for and against.

6 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I don't think people were apathetic about the convoy. Quite the opposite, they had strong feelings, for and against.

I said people are "apathetic about the gov't doing illegal and unconstitutional things".

Which is why we have a gov't right now that is highly corrupt and scandal-riddled.

9 minutes ago, Legato said:

Those polls only reflect those who bought into the propaganda pushed by media outlets like CTV and CBC.

I know, haha.  It's a CTV poll, so CTV-watchers are the ones replying to it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goddess said:

YOU chose him.

Not me. I voted for someone else.

You only say I voted for Trudeau because I didn't vote for whoever you thought I should.

You similarly assume that if I mock some lame-assed silly criticism of Trudeau I'm supporting him. If it needs to be said these criticisms don't do much to make me want to consider voting for your guy instead, well that's not my fault either.

• Haha 1