Anti-Conservative Bias in CBC and MSM

3 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Ya, I know there's ones like that on both sides.

I don't understand it - I've always voted for whichever party has the policies I think Canada needs at that moment in time.  But I am a jaded voter - I think they're all the same, really. 

The last couple years, I've become much more active at writing my MP's and MLA's.

Yeah me too. But all parties are subject to the new methods of Flash polling, one issue policies that don't line up with their other policies and of course, the denigration of politics into a brainless posturing contest. 

But you know... If we just pointed out the ignorance, which I call Chudism, and hold our fellow citizens to higher standards of discussion and reflection and especially listening... Well. The problem would take care of itself. 

That would involve politics of course, and not emotionality above all...

3 hours ago, BeaverFever said:

A columnist is still an opinion and it is certainly valid to discuss the new vulgarity in in modern politics and the Prime Minister to be stadium under “F Trudeau” flags given expletive-laden speeches.  And make no mistake about it, PP didn’t accidentally let a F word slip out or accidentally stand under a F Trudeau flag, it was all a deliberate decision to present himself to the public this way.   When Diagolon mused about raping PP’s wife,  PP complained to police and publicly called them “odious losers”. Now he’s buddy buddy with them again?

PP’s performance is new to Canadian politics and it is worthy of comment, period. I don’t know why you conservatives think the job of the media is only to flatter you and only mention the things you want to hear but you should get over it. 

Also lets get real you and the other conservatives don’t believe in reaching across the aisle. You believe the “left” should reach out to you bit you believe reaching out to the left is treason.  In the US even moderate conservative are labeled left wing communists these days and from what I can see Canada isn’t too far behind. PP in particular has built a 20+ year career out being a snarky combative politician who adds insults and name calling into nearly everything he says. You think his majority government is going to “reach across the divide”?  To whom?  

You think standing under F Trudeau flags and swearing about Trudeau is “reaching across the divide”?

what a joke. 

You don’t see how slanted the coverage is.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

🤣 what 

Sorry - did you say what or chud, i couldn't really hear :)    and you constantly berate others opinions without offering  reason or a different viewpoint.  And you're constantly suggesting that if someone makes an issue over something that must mean they believe some ridiculous position or another.

As libeals so often do - you are once again accusing others of what you yourself do constantly, and it's not like it's the first time i've pointed it out.  So your 'surprised pikachu' act isn't fooling anyone :)  

43 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I have an acquaintance from another forum that I interact with on a few different platforms - really great guy. 

BUT - he's a huge Lib supporter, no matter what.

I asked him one time if there was anything, any scandal, any wrongdoing, any criminality that Trudeau could do that would make him stop voting Lib and he basically told me......NO.  He's always voted Lib and will continue to do so, no matter what.

Yeah, and there's a lot of that out there. And that's why we get bad gov'ts.  When the conservatives realized their party was becoming corrupt and woudln't listen to it's people we destroyed it. We didnt' just punish them, we burnt the house down and rebuilt. And that's happened provincially as well more than once.

The libs on the other hand...   "can i just sign something to automatically vote liberal for the next 10 elections so i don't have to think about this crap?"

43 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

You don’t see how slanted the coverage is.

There’s negative coverage of Trudeau just about every single day in just about every single MSM outlet including CBC. If Trudeau kicks a puppy in the face as a PR stunt its not “slanted coverage” to write an article criticizing that one specific thing and nobody else. 

• Haha 1

I am looking for an intelligent discussion of current political issues. I am pretty tired of Pierre Poilievre but I am also pretty fed up with Justin Trudeau.

You want another Calgarian Prime Minister? What could possibly go wrong? [I suspect that PP will go down the austerity route and we will find out the hard way why it took the UK several decades longer to recover from WW2 than it took Germany.]

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

Oh, get lost.

He says he's FOR transparency and accountability,

He even prorogued parliament to shut down the SNC investigation, then his gov't stonewalled investigation attempts for months. 

1 hour ago, Goddess said:

I have an acquaintance from another forum that I interact with on a few different platforms - really great guy. 

BUT - he's a huge Lib supporter, no matter what.

I asked him one time if there was anything, any scandal, any wrongdoing, any criminality that Trudeau could do that would make him stop voting Lib and he basically told me......NO.  He's always voted Lib and will continue to do so, no matter what.

Not such a great anecdote imo. 

I think we can all name 5 posters here who would still vote Liberal if Trudeau ran over their daughter 5 times with a riding mower. 4 of them would blame Harper. 

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Yeah I just had a conversation with nationalist or maybe WestCan on something... And they said they could never be convinced. A lot of people are like that. 

It also explains why  parties don't even bother reaching out anymore.  They just double down on getting their existing people out to vote

Doesn't sound like me. I probably would have said something like "I wouldn't give Trudeau the steam off my crap if he was on fire" or some such. 

FWIW, there's no foreseeable future where I vote for any other Lib either. That party is on a trajectory, and in order to change it, they have to set aside divisiveness, lying, and fascism. I don't see that happening in my lifetime. 

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Sorry - did you say what or chud, i couldn't really hear :)    and you constantly berate others opinions without offering  reason or a different viewpoint.  And you're constantly suggesting that if someone makes an issue over something that must mean they believe some ridiculous position or another.

As libeals so often do ...

I don't.  Stop crying over perceived slights. Just call me out when I do it and I'll retract.

I'm not a liberal, and I don't call people child molesters or haters.

And a note. A chud is an ignorant person. When I make comments about them, sometimes people say hey stop insulting me and I didn't call them out specifically.  🤣

Anyway...

Edited by Michael Hardner

21 minutes ago, BeaverFever said:

There’s negative coverage of Trudeau just about every single day in just about every single MSM outlet including CBC. If Trudeau kicks a puppy in the face as a PR stunt its not “slanted coverage” to write an article criticizing that one specific thing and nobody else. 

No one's asking for "negative coverage". 

We'd like "fair" coverage. 

Negative coverage is like when Trump says "MS13 are animals" and the MSM comes out and says "Trump referred to immigrants as animals". 

Fair coverage is like when Trudeau says "The unvaxed are very often racists and misogynists. Should we tolerate them?", and the MSM says "Justin Trudeau said....", instead of pretending that it never happened, which they did in that instance. Try to find that on CBC, Beavey.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

And a note. A chud is an ignorant person. When I make comments about them, sometimes people say hey stop insulting me and I didn't call them out specifically.  🤣

Oh, c'mon now. Chud is well-known to be a leftard pejorative for conservatives, and you've said as much here. 

Don't stop saying "chud" on my account. I'm not gonna stop saying leftard. 

6 hours ago, Goddess said:

No, not everyone has biases.  

Agreed.

And CBC outright lies.

Everyone has biases. I have them and so do you.

Just because someone is telling you something you don't want to hear doesn't mean they are lying.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Everyone has biases. I have them and so do you.

Just because someone is telling you something you don't want to hear doesn't mean they are lying.

I'm not saying that.  I'm saying when someone tells me the sky is purple and I can see it's blue, they're lying.

That's not BIAS.

Just now, Goddess said:

I'm not saying that.  I'm saying when someone tells me the sky is purple and I can see it's blue, they're lying.

That's not BIAS.

So when has the CBC done that in reporting the news, not in an editorial?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I don't.  Stop crying over perceived slights. Just call me out when I do it and I'll retract.

You don't berate others for their opinion,  and i should stop crying over it ;)  LOLOL   Well. There you go, you sure proved your point :)

I

'm not a liberal, and I don't call people child molesters or haters.

Do you prefer the generic term 'leftie' then? You're sure as hell not conservative and we both know that, and you absolutely call people haters regularly.

And a note. A chud is an ignorant person.

And you apparently define 'ignorant person' as  Any right winger who disagrees with you.

Please don't bother trying to excuse your hatred or bigotry.

3 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Not true.  There are leftist Chuds.

You mean lefties who don't disagree hard enough with the conservatives? :) 

Mike - you've used the term often enough that we know how you mean it.

45 minutes ago, Aristides said:

So when has the CBC done that in reporting the news, not in an editorial?

CBC's covid coverage was almost non-existent in 2022, despite the fact that Canada was experiencing far more covid deaths than ever before, and hospitalizations were through the roof.

It's just a fact that covid deaths were 30% higher than in 2021, and 24% higher than 2020, but CBC had nearly abandoned the story. Their coverage was down from COVID COVID COVID in 2020, to covid covid covid in 2021, to "the pandemic is behind us". 

Deaths skyrocketed, but covid hype fell off the map.

Covid10ts on this site didn't even believe me while I was telling them that covid deaths hadn't gone down in 2022. They thought I was out to lunch. 

How is that anything but dishonesty at its worst? 

Why was CBC barely talking about covid when deaths skyrocketed? 

38 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

CBC's covid coverage was almost non-existent in 2022, despite the fact that Canada was experiencing far more covid deaths than ever before, and hospitalizations were through the roof.

It's just a fact that covid deaths were 30% higher than in 2021, and 24% higher than 2020, but CBC had nearly abandoned the story. Their coverage was down from COVID COVID COVID in 2020, to covid covid covid in 2021, to "the pandemic is behind us". 

Deaths skyrocketed, but covid hype fell off the map.

Covid10ts on this site didn't even believe me while I was telling them that covid deaths hadn't gone down in 2022. They thought I was out to lunch. 

How is that anything but dishonesty at its worst? 

Why was CBC barely talking about covid when deaths skyrocketed? 

Gee, and I thought it was just the flu.

1 minute ago, Aristides said:

Gee, and I thought it was just the flu.

I never told them to scream "THE SKY IS FALLING!" in 2020, and if you have any honesty at all in you then you'll acknowledge that I'm only judging them by their own standards

They said "THE SKY IS FALLING!" in 2020, then when 24% more of the sky was falling in 2022 (24% more people died), they said "Nothin' to see here, folks."

Why did they choose to do that?

In which year were they being more deceptive? (TBH, there's no wrong answer, dammit!)

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Goddess said:

He says he's FOR transparency and accountability, but also fully supports the current scandal-riddled gov't and hangs on every word they say.

That's right. Everything I say is the opposite of what I mean. Justin Trudeau is the best PM we've ever had because he's so honest and trustworthy.

There's actually something teachable going on here. Can you see it?

7 hours ago, CdnFox said:

At the end of the day...

....If the people are not prepared to severely punish a political party for corruption...

An X on a ballot....at the end of the day...usually years down the road.

Yeah, like that'll teach em'.