Anti semitism all the rage on US college campuses

Which is the student being "blocked"? I don't see anyone trying to get past the "chain."

We didn't see any students being blocked with RACIST DEMOCRAT ALABAMA GOVERNOR WALLACE stood at the registration door of that college campus to prevent blacks from enrolling.

Maybe you think the Jewish students should have Star Of David armbands, like your predecessors required of Jews, just before putting them in camps.

9 minutes ago, Deluge said:

Hitler hated Jews as well. 

Hitler, Democrat liberals

Same ideology.Same tactics.

7 minutes ago, reason10 said:

Which is the student being "blocked"? I don't see anyone trying to get past the "chain."

We didn't see any students being blocked with RACIST DEMOCRAT ALABAMA GOVERNOR WALLACE stood at the registration door of that college campus to prevent blacks from enrolling.

Maybe you think the Jewish students should have Star Of David armbands, like your predecessors required of Jews, just before putting them in camps.

Hitler, Democrat liberals

Same ideology.Same tactics.

Yes. 

One thing about the woke virus is that it has brought out the real democrats - they don't even hide their fascism/racism anymore. 

10 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I googled "Block Jewish students" and only came back with Twitter accounts alleging this. That said, there are plenty of reputable sources that are documenting anti Semitic incidents and indeed even in Canada, they protest in Jewish neighbourhoods.

I don't think that the public is charged with condemning terrorists but we are charged with holding our fellow citizens to account for such racist behaviour.

There's a few videos on Twitter

7 hours ago, West said:

Leaving aside who you think is right or wrong in the regional conflict between Israel and Palestine on the other side of the world, that still does not excuse forming a chain to block a person from entering a school because of their heritage. 

Absolutely correct, and a good point.

10 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I googled "Block Jewish students" and only came back with Twitter accounts alleging this. That said, there are plenty of reputable sources that are documenting anti Semitic incidents and indeed even in Canada, they protest in Jewish neighbourhoods.

I don't think that the public is charged with condemning terrorists but we are charged with holding our fellow citizens to account for such racist behaviour.

Peep the attached. It is a good idea to separate yourself from Google's politically skewed results. Try duck duck go.

Screenshot_20240423_154737_Firefox.jpg

3 hours ago, User said:

Biden had his moment to condemn the bad actors and chose to "both sides" it instead. 

Hang on now. He DID condemn the bad actors, explicitly. You quoted it yourself. 

We don't live in a binary world. Reasonable people can recognize two opposing groups are both engaged in conduct that deserves condemnation.

Hamas deserves condemnation. The Israeli government now deserves condemnation. Any group harassing Jewish students on campus deserves condemnation. Any group harassing Palestinian students on campus deserves condemnation. 

When multiple factions are behaving badly it's perfectly reasonable to condemn all bad actions. You don't have to ignore one to criticize the other. 

21 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

There's a few videos on Twitter

Right but ... the issue with videos is we don't know context.  And you can stage them, not that I'm saying this happened.  It's enough that anti-semitic stuff is being reported widely, though, for me to say something.

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Right but ... the issue with videos is we don't know context.  And you can stage them, not that I'm saying this happened.  

Wow.

You've changed so much since the time you jumped on the "trucker convoy is a bunch of white supremacists with Nazi and Confederate symbolism everywhere" bandwagon, less than 4 yrs ago.

Uhm...BTW...Brandon has let a whole bunch of "refugees" into the USA. Many not even known about. How many Iranian or Palestinian "refugees" do ya figure are miandering about the nation?

Edited by Nationalist
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Hodad said:

Hang on now. He DID condemn the bad actors, explicitly. You quoted it yourself. 

We don't live in a binary world. Reasonable people can recognize two opposing groups are both engaged in conduct that deserves condemnation.

Hamas deserves condemnation. The Israeli government now deserves condemnation. Any group harassing Jewish students on campus deserves condemnation. Any group harassing Palestinian students on campus deserves condemnation. 

When multiple factions are behaving badly it's perfectly reasonable to condemn all bad actions. You don't have to ignore one to criticize the other. 

Reasonable people also understand that when Trump said there were good people on both sides, there can, in fact, be good people on both sides, and not that Trump was saying that all the people were good, including the Nazis

The point here was that if we are going to "Both sides" Trump, Biden just "Both sided" this as well. 

12 hours ago, User said:

Reasonable people also understand that when Trump said there were good people on both sides, there can, in fact, be good people on both sides, and not that Trump was saying that all the people were good, including the Nazis

The point here was that if we are going to "Both sides" Trump, Biden just "Both sided" this as well. 

Do you not spot the difference between minimizing something awful (good people) and unqualified condemnation of the awful (condemning both sides)?

They both involve "both sides" but it's apples and oranges. 

I acknowledge that Trump's full statement did include condemnation of the deplorables of Charlottesville, but he always has to walk it back a little. He couldn't tell the Proud Boys to fark off. He couldn't even tell them to stand down. He has to moderate and make wiggle room to avoid offending that substantial part of his base. And that's why the alt right embraced him. He was the politician who would make room for and normalize their awfulness. It's transactional for him, but very empowering for them.

9 minutes ago, Hodad said:

Do you not spot the difference between minimizing something awful (good people) and unqualified condemnation of the awful (condemning both sides)?

They both involve "both sides" but it's apples and oranges. 

I acknowledge that Trump's full statement did include condemnation of the deplorables of Charlottesville, but he always has to walk it back a little. He couldn't tell the Proud Boys to fark off. He couldn't even tell them to stand down. He has to moderate and make wiggle room to avoid offending that substantial part of his base. And that's why the alt right embraced him. He was the politician who would make room for and normalize their awfulness. It's transactional for him, but very empowering for them.

You think it is minimizing something awful to point out that not everyone is bad? No, that is an honest statement. 

Bidens was just as bad for similar reasoning, not exactly the same. It's a form of whataboutism, that instead of simply focusing on the current bad thing, condemning it, nope, he had to say, yeah, they are bad... but so are the other guys too!

That is just as minimizing, if not more. 

Trump has never been an eloquent speaker even when he isn't being his usual circus clown self. I think those on the left go out of their way to presume the worst if not outright lie and distort the things he has said. 

You think he is trying to empower and normalize, when it is most likely he is just not smart when speaking off the cuff. After making less than intelligent comments, he does come out and clarify his remarks. It is not like he made that gaffe on the Proud Boy's stand back and stand by and never said anything ever again. No, Trump came out that same week and clearly condemned them and White Supremacists. 

11 minutes ago, User said:

You think it is minimizing something awful to point out that not everyone is bad? No, that is an honest statement. 

Bidens was just as bad for similar reasoning, not exactly the same. It's a form of whataboutism, that instead of simply focusing on the current bad thing, condemning it, nope, he had to say, yeah, they are bad... but so are the other guys too!

That is just as minimizing, if not more. 

Trump has never been an eloquent speaker even when he isn't being his usual circus clown self. I think those on the left go out of their way to presume the worst if not outright lie and distort the things he has said. 

You think he is trying to empower and normalize, when it is most likely he is just not smart when speaking off the cuff. After making less than intelligent comments, he does come out and clarify his remarks. It is not like he made that gaffe on the Proud Boy's stand back and stand by and never said anything ever again. No, Trump came out that same week and clearly condemned them and White Supremacists. 

Trump is ineloquent, and a bit dim--and above all ignorant and incurious about the world. But he's not a blank slate. He does know some things. 

But crap like his constant footsie with the alt right, from refusing to denounce some elements to inviting others to dinner, are not born of his deficiencies. There is a shrewd calculus paired with a pathological need to feel liked. He will say (or not say) anything to avoid alienating people in or aligned with his base--even people who should clearly be alienated. 

He'll cozy up to and flatter the worst people--Putin, Erdogan, Un, the Proud Boys, David Duke, Nick Fuentes, etc. These are not isolated incidents. They are a pattern. And occasionally his beleaguered handlers win an argument and convince him that he'll lose more love than he gains by these association and he'll walk back a statement. (Well, yeah, of course he knows who David Duke is, and should have condemned him.)

On 4/23/2024 at 1:48 AM, robosmith said:

Too bad you have NO EVIDENCE for your gratuitous claim that ANYONE is protesting FOR HAMAS instead of the for Palestinian victims of ethnic cleansing.

Rob, allow me to show you the EVIDENCE you request.

The main group on college campuses today is called Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP). 

Right on their home page: “Supporting Palestine solidarity organizations across occupied Turtle Island (“North America”), we aim to develop a student movement that is connected, disciplined, and equipped with the tools necessary achieve Palestinian liberation.”

So right there, just for starters, They Reject the Legal Existance of the United States of America AND Canada. 

Here you can find SJP’s National Day of Resistance Toolkit, which was an event staged just five days after the terrorist attacks of October 7, 2023. 

On the 50th anniversary of the 1973 war, the resistance in Gaza launched a surprise operation against the Zionist enemy which disrupted the very foundation of Zionist settler society. On the morning of October 8th, the Palestinian resistance stormed the illegitimate border fence, gaining control of the Gaza checkpoint at Erez, and re-entering 1948 Palestine...

Today, we witness a historic win for the Palestinian resistance: across land, air, and sea, our people have broken down the artificial barriers of the Zionist entity, taking with it the facade of an impenetrable settler colony and reminding each of us that total return and liberation to Palestine is near. As the Palestinian student movement, we have an unshakable responsibility to join the call for mass mobilization.
National liberation is near— glory to our resistance, to our martyrs, and to our steadfast people.”

Dude, that is 100% pro-terrorist. You cannot deny that fact. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Rebound said:

Dude, that is 100% pro-terrorist. You cannot deny that fact. 

I can deny it as much as you deny that the establishment of Israel included terrorist expulsion of Palestinians from their land to create a Jewish majority state.

There was certainly NOTHING DEMOCRATIC about that.

However, I think we both agree that Netanyahu will NEVER agree to a 2 state solution.

1 minute ago, robosmith said:

I can deny it as much as you deny that the establishment of Israel included terrorist expulsion of Palestinians from their land to create a Jewish majority state.

However, I think we both agree that Netanyahu will NEVER agree to a 2 state solution.

Um, no. They already had a 2 state solution. The Arab world, including the Palestinians at the time, rejected that and went to war against Israel. 

As part of that war... Israel certainly did expel some Palestinians... it was war. They lost. 

If you don't want to suffer the consequences of losing a war... don't start a war. 

• Like 1

Forget about Netanyahu.  Clinton put a serious effort into creating a two state solution, and Arafat rejected it. I absolutely agree that Israel should have a leader who talks about creating a two state solution every single day, and does everything possible to ensure that Israel is open to it… but Hamas absolutely will not allow it.

As for what happened 75 years ago, what’s your point? That you want war? That you think seven million Jews should be murdered?  I’m serious… We don’t live in 1948, we live in 2024. Today, there are Israeli Jews, Israeli Arabs and Palestinian Arabs. That’s the situation we have today. You can’t solve this conflict by claiming that seven million people shouldn’t exist. It’s pointless.  

Nations all around the world were established with arbitrary borders. If people want to thrive and grow in this world, they need to stop living in the past and whining about how unfair some treaty was, and instead working towards living productive and peaceful lives. 

On 4/23/2024 at 10:49 AM, User said:

Biden had his moment to condemn the bad actors and chose to "both sides" it instead. 

He condemned both sides. Which is very different from declaring "fine people on both sides."

People who believe that Zionists have done nothing to earn the ire of the Palestinians they've DISPLACED, do not understand what happened, as Joe said.

He condemned both sides. Which is very different from declaring "fine people on both sides."

People who believe that Zionists have done nothing to earn the ire of the Palestinians they've DISPLACED, do not understand what happened, as Joe said.

Yeah, its different, but the same kind of thing... instead of saying there are good people on "both sides" he did whataboutism and said there were bad people on "both sides"