Canada only has 28k soldiers in it's army

Around a million women served in rhe Red Army during WW2 doing every job from sniper to fighter pilots. Some of their most celebrated snipers were women. Many more women fought as partisans in occupied countries.

Women warriors have been part of many cultures over history in Africa, the Vikings, Mongols and others.

Edited by Aristides

49 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Frack...don't preach to me you AHole!!!!

You need to shut up with your bible shit, especially if addressing me!

https://medium.com/inspire-believe-grow/misogyny-in-the-bible-a-summary-a254e3905f0b

Stay on topic!

"

1  Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. {ungodly: or, wicked} 2  But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3  And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. {wither: Heb. fade} 

4  The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. 5  Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. 6  For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish. "

Psalm 1:1-6

7 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Around a million women served in rhe Red Army during WW2 doing every job from sniper to fighter pilots. Some of their most celebrated snipers were women. Many more women fought as partisans in occupied countries.

Women warriors have been part of many cultures over history in Africa, the Vikings, Mongols and others.

All heathen.

31 minutes ago, blackbird said:

"

1  Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. {ungodly: or, wicked} 2  But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3  And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. {wither: Heb. fade} 

4  The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. 5  Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. 6  For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish. "

All heathen.

So your objections are religious, nothing to do with ability. Not surprised.

Edited by Aristides
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

"

All heathen.

You will be only the second person I will ever  block on this forum

Both for being A Holes. You because you  are a religious A Hole. Cdnfux because he is an ignorant  A Hole

Edited by ExFlyer

17 hours ago, Army Guy said:

we did not face any hand to hand combat

none the less, every infantryman must be required to ultimately close to bayonet range in extremis

to include fixed bayonet fighting

unfixed bayonet fighting

and unarmed combat

that is the standard

Ducimus

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

I challenge you to tell us when close combat at bayonet range warfare is happening except in movies OL

HM Royal Canadian Infantry Corps is charged with executing the full spectrum of close combat tasks

up to and including killing the enemy soldier with your bare hands as necessary

never pass a fault

• Downvote 1

18 hours ago, Army Guy said:

anyone can do it.

anyone could meet the elite standard of HM Royal Canadian Infantry Corps ?

with respect, MWO, I must disagree

at the RCR Battleschool, many fell to the side of the road and failed to meet the standard

only those who refused to quit,

whom put one foot in front of the other,

for the brothers to the left & right of them, come what may; met the standard

training ground of the warriors, at Camp Petawawa, Renfrew Garrison, Ontario

Airborne

• Downvote 1

15 hours ago, Aristides said:

Is that who you want in your military?

Ok then, instead of the homeless we could cancel EI and draft anyone who files for it.

I mean really...  those crowing about the govt spending too much money want tax cuts so it has even less, yet want more armed forces at the same time? I mean they sure as hell wouldn't go for better pay to attract recruits.

30 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

HM Royal Canadian Infantry Corps is charged with executing the full spectrum of close combat tasks

never pass a fault

Didn't answer the question, as you so often fail to do. LOL

"I challenge you to tell us when close combat at bayonet range warfare is happening except in movies ". Not what you may think you can do but when it actually happens???

Even Army Guy, who has years more credibility than you acknowledges there is no hand to hand combat anymore

Edited by ExFlyer

26 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

Even Army Guy, who has years more credibility than you acknowledges there is no hand to hand combat anymore

HM Royal Canadian Infantry Corps prepares to execute the full spectrum of close quarters combat

to include hand to hand fighting

that is the standard at the Royal Canadian Regiment Battleschool

infanteers must demonstrate that they can enter a trench & defeat the enemy soldier by any means necessary

if MWO Army Guy disagrees, then he is mistaken

10 minutes ago, Aristides said:

I was paying attention. All you do is quote gospels. Name one woman who had anything to do with writing any of them.

Who or what says a woman should be involved in writing them?  Do we need a man to give birth to babies?  Men and women have different roles.  You are how old and don't know that yet?

Edited by blackbird

4 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Who or what says a woman should be involved in writing them?  Do we need a man to give birth to babies?  Men and women have different roles.  You are how old and don't know that yet?

They are books by a bunch guys telling women their place. Nothing at all unusual or special about that.

Edited by Aristides
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

never pass a fault

In what century LOL

51 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

HM Royal Canadian Infantry Corps prepares to execute the full spectrum of close quarters combat

to include hand to hand fighting

that is the standard at the Royal Canadian Regiment Battleschool

infanteers must demonstrate that they can enter a trench & defeat the enemy soldier by any means necessary

if MWO Army Guy disagrees, then he is mistaken

OMG doogie...Army Guy knows what he is talking about and it is not a video game that you only know.

1 hour ago, Aristides said:

They are books by a bunch guys telling women their place. Nothing at all unusual or special about that.

"2  The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness."  Proverbs 15:2

On 4/12/2024 at 9:19 AM, Aristides said:

You mean like all the Scandinavian countries, Finland and Switzerland?

Good old Canadian sense of entitlement. We have a right to be defended. By someone else

Entitlement? If you want it, pay for it.

Canada has never had conscription because of Quebec.

To my knowledge, older Swiss men (not women) serve.

23 hours ago, blackbird said:

Down through history, isn't it only men who actually fought in armies?  Women stayed home and looked after the family and did jobs that supported the nation's armed forces.  

I can see women in supportive roles but not on the actual combat ranks.

There is a psychological and physical difference between men and women.  Does the military try to downplay or deny the differences between men and women?  I assume politicians made the decision to put women there as part of the new ideology of inclusion and equity.  Just seems improper.

No women have been used in armies around the globe all through out history...That's what they were expected to do, in a lot of cultures stay home in the kitchen...Russians used women to great effect, in all kinds of combat roles, they made very effective snipers as well. 

In Afghanistan, there was no front lines, every soldier was exposed to the enemy, regardless of job or task...when you left the camp it wasn't a matter of IF you were going to get hit, it was when...Taliban did not care if you were Infantry or not male or female...they would kill both all the same...and still we went out every hour of every day....

Sure there is, everyone is a soldier first...if females can make the standard then they should have the opportunity to serve, and few have....which means that the women that did serve in Canadian infantry or combat roles did exceptional well. You do know that there are small light wieght men with small frames in the Infantry as well, in Afghanistan ruck sacks started at 100 lbs and would climb to 150/160 depending on the mission ...try that in the mountains, and plus 55 degrees heat... 

While that was not the norm, it was for the PPCLI during the open phase of Afghanistan, during routine patrols my pack weighed in at maybe 50 to 60 lbs..mostly ammo and water...lots of water...

I seen a female medic run down a narrow ally way, under heavy machine gun fire pick up a wounded soldier throw him on her back and she ran back to safety more than 100 meters...both ways...he was about 220 lbs with all his kit and weapon. sure she was motivated by gun fire, that day she had a set of balls the size of a C-130....Hero's come in all shapes and sizes...and sexs as well.

3 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

No women have been used in armies around the globe all through out history...That's what they were expected to do, in a lot of cultures stay home in the kitchen...Russians used women to great effect, in all kinds of combat roles, they made very effective snipers as well. 

In Afghanistan, there was no front lines, every soldier was exposed to the enemy, regardless of job or task...when you left the camp it wasn't a matter of IF you were going to get hit, it was when...Taliban did not care if you were Infantry or not male or female...they would kill both all the same...and still we went out every hour of every day....

Sure there is, everyone is a soldier first...if females can make the standard then they should have the opportunity to serve, and few have....which means that the women that did serve in Canadian infantry or combat roles did exceptional well. You do know that there are small light wieght men with small frames in the Infantry as well, in Afghanistan ruck sacks started at 100 lbs and would climb to 150/160 depending on the mission ...try that in the mountains, and plus 55 degrees heat... 

While that was not the norm, it was for the PPCLI during the open phase of Afghanistan, during routine patrols my pack weighed in at maybe 50 to 60 lbs..mostly ammo and water...lots of water...

I seen a female medic run down a narrow ally way, under heavy machine gun fire pick up a wounded soldier throw him on her back and she ran back to safety more than 100 meters...both ways...he was about 220 lbs with all his kit and weapon. sure she was motivated by gun fire, that day she had a set of balls the size of a C-130....Hero's come in all shapes and sizes...and sexs as well.

That's interesting.  Well, I don't claim to be an expert on it.

I suppose there may be some women that would fit into the that kind of job.  They should be carefully screened when they are hired to be sure they are suitable. 

Wonder why there were so many reports of sexual abuse in the CAF in the last number of years.

6 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

none the less, every infantryman must be required to ultimately close to bayonet range in extremis

to include fixed bayonet fighting

unfixed bayonet fighting

and unarmed combat

that is the standard

Ducimus

True enough, hand to hand combat has saved my life more than once, 

18 minutes ago, blackbird said:

That's interesting.  Well, I don't claim to be an expert on it.

I suppose there may be some women that would fit into the that kind of job.  They should be carefully screened when they are hired to be sure they are suitable. 

Wonder why there were so many reports of sexual abuse in the CAF in the last number of years.

There is no more sexual abuse in the forces than there is in the same population in civilian sector. Most government departments have reported the same scale and same offenses,take RCMP for instance... DND has gotten more media coverage, 99.9 % of the soldiers don't have a issue, serving in mixed units...Soldiering is a dirty sweaty job, who in their right mind would want to get sexual with all that going on...

most of these cases have alcohol involved...That is the main culprit, mix some booze in with long deployments and shit happens....most of it consensual, but there are unwanted acts and fro the most part they are punished... you have a higher chance of sexual abuse in university than in the forces...

6 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Didn't answer the question, as you so often fail to do. LOL

"I challenge you to tell us when close combat at bayonet range warfare is happening except in movies ". Not what you may think you can do but when it actually happens???

I think you misunderstood, i said i did not see any one use a bayonet while in Afghanistan, hand to hand combat i seen used many times be it to handle an unruly prisoner, or just taken a guy down, on a raid, or search...Afghanis were funney you could point a rifle at them all day and they would not blink pull a side arm out and they would become complaint quickly ...

6 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

anyone could meet the elite standard of HM Royal Canadian Infantry Corps ?

with respect, MWO, I must disagree

at the RCR Battleschool, many fell to the side of the road and failed to meet the standard

only those who refused to quit,

whom put one foot in front of the other,

for the brothers to the left & right of them, come what may; met the standard

training ground of the warriors, at Camp Petawawa, Renfrew Garrison, Ontario

Airborne

You misunderstood my quote, i said it only takes 5 lbs of trigger pull to send a round down range...anyone can do it...becoming a Infanteer is no simple task, not for the faint hearted, nor is it for the weak...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, August1991 said:

Entitlement? If you want it, pay for it.

Canada has never had conscription because of Quebec.

To my knowledge, older Swiss men (not women) serve.

Service for men is mandatory once Swiss men reach the age of majority. Women can volunteer for any position in the Swiss military.

Ah, Quebec. Switzerland has four official languages yet conscription has overwhelming support. So yes, Canadian entitlement.