Canada's dangerous slide into antisemitism

12 minutes ago, herbie said:

Countering the argument that Canada is not antisemetic by invoking the argument that systematic racism exists so therefore it must be is as out in left field as one can go, as is the statement that Jews must be a favoured race otherwise.
As is the usual right wing racist whine that implying that rightwing racists exist is decrimination against hetero WASPs. An argument used only by racists too stupid to realize they are the problem and unashamed to voice it.
Getting into etymology is a pretty desperate way to substantiate a case when used by people that love to throw words like "communism, left, nazi, fascist" about without even knowing their actual meaning.

So what you're saying is "screw jews".  Got it.

2 hours ago, herbie said:

Countering the argument that Canada is not antisemetic by invoking the argument that systematic racism exists so therefore it must be is as out in left field as one can go, as is the statement that Jews must be a favoured race otherwise.
As is the usual right wing racist whine that implying that rightwing racists exist is decrimination against hetero WASPs. An argument used only by racists too stupid to realize they are the problem and unashamed to voice it.
Getting into etymology is a pretty desperate way to substantiate a case when used by people that love to throw words like "communism, left, nazi, fascist" about without even knowing their actual meaning.

WTF, not sure what to make of this statement.....if our country is overrun by systematic racism, why would it not include hatred of jews....NDP leader spelled in big bold letters for guys like you.....Is the nation racist, NO QUESTION....it does not get any clearer than that....

Or does the liberal term automatically include some races and not others, perhaps you can give us some examples of races that are acceptable, and ones that are not. This country has a history of being anti semitic, i can provide some examples if you like, but you already knew that...

Edited by Army Guy

10 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

The threats against Jews are anti-"Semitic". 

There are Jews who accuse Jews of being anti-Semitic. The epithet has become so used, overused and abused that it's become pointlessly absurd.

Edited by eyeball
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 9:03 AM, I am Groot said:

The statistics, as quoted by the Globe and Mail editorial, say otherwise.

You tell us how the proportion of Muslims in Canada is growing and then how the Antisemitism in Canadians (?) is also growing. (at the same rate)

Should this come as a surprise to anyone?

Is this really bad?  What is the concern here?

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

There are Jews who accuse Jews of being anti-Semitic. The epithet has become so used, overused and abused that it's become pointlessly absurd.

So your argument is the threats against jews AREN'T anti semitic because the word has been overused by ..... the jews.

Wow.  That's a hell of a bird's nest just to untangle how wrong that is.  ;)

9 hours ago, herbie said:

I'd say "Nice soliloquy" but actually it was pretty stupid. 

Were you trying to reply to me without hitting the reply button you little coward?

Here's the deal, dummy. Acts of violence and discrimination against the Jews are rampant now and it's because of our muslim population. FYI "white cisgender devils" don't care about jews, and muslims openly talk about genocide against jews. Do you see the difference?

And TBH, the biggest jew-haters around now, aside from the muslims, are the leftists - they're the ones who've been sucked in by the islamic propaganda. 

Take your petty little grudge against "hetero WASPs" - and everyone else who is just superior to you 😉 🤣 - and shove it.

8 hours ago, CdnFox said:

So your argument is the threats against jews AREN'T anti semitic because the word has been overused by ..... the jews

When violence between Semites flares in the ME, yes that's exactly my argument.

Otherwise we'd see the same number of demonstrations and threats during times of relative peace as we do now.

This is not like blacks calling other blacks niggers. Hard boiled rightwing Jews loath left wing secular Jews and the lefties mock the righties for being so ridiculous.

That's the example everyone here should follow as well.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 8:39 AM, ExFlyer said:

My point is a generic statement that you made and the one I quoted can be used in either direction.

Not quite. Hamas is officially listed as a terrorist organization.

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/ntnl-scrt/cntr-trrrsm/lstd-ntts/crrnt-lstd-ntts-en.aspx

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

When violence between Semites flares in the ME, yes that's exactly my argument.

Well that's kind of dumb. 

Otherwise we'd see the same number of demonstrations and threats during times of relative peace as we do now.

No, the ones we see now are funded. They can't afford to pay that kind of money all the time.

This is not like blacks calling other blacks niggers. Hard boiled rightwing Jews loath left wing secular Jews and the lefties mock the righties for being so ridiculous.

THat doesn't make an anti semitic comment less anti semitic.

That's the example everyone here should follow as well.

Maybe just don't be an anti-semite?

24 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Not quite. Hamas is officially listed as a terrorist organization.

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/ntnl-scrt/cntr-trrrsm/lstd-ntts/crrnt-lstd-ntts-en.aspx

If you interchange word jews for hamas, the editorial still flows.

I guess whomever said freedom fighters and terrorists are the same, depending on which side you are on is right. J

6 minutes ago, eyeball said:

That would be silly, like a Jew calling themself an anti-Semite.

Yeah. We've been telling you people on the left that for decades now.  Didn't seem to bug you so far...

10 minutes ago, eyeball said:

No, I'm actually quite intelligent. My mom had me tested.

Letting you try to open the milk carton on your own isn't "testing"

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Letting you try to open the milk carton on your own isn't "testing"

Interestingly enough the test also involved getting me to move a block without touching it. I must have misunderstood the question because I picked up the pencil to push it. 'No, move it with your mind' the tester said. 'What?' I exclaimed...'that's nuts'.

I flunked on psi capabilities but nailed critical thinking.

59 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Interestingly enough the test also involved getting me to move a block without touching it. I must have misunderstood the question because I picked up the pencil to push it. 'No, move it with your mind' the tester said. 'What?' I exclaimed...'that's nuts'.

I flunked on psi capabilities but nailed critical thinking.

We all have gifts and weaknesses that we bring to the table.

13 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Were you trying to reply to me without hitting the reply button you little coward?

Oooh our tough-ass resident keyboard warrior should sign up wit the IDF. Maybe he could singlehandedly defeat the area that's half the size of Toronto in a day instead of dragging shit out like it was another Stalingrad. Should have been over in weeks but Netanyahu dragged things out so long reducing the place to rubble even his main ally has had enoogh. Feed the f*cking civilians and kill Hamas already!

You're claim that antisemitism is rampant in Canada is absurd. Alarmist bullshit.

15 hours ago, cougar said:

You tell us how the proportion of Muslims in Canada is growing and then how the Antisemitism in Canadians (?) is also growing. (at the same rate)

Should this come as a surprise to anyone?

It certainly doesn't come as a surprise to me, particularly as we've made no attempt to screen incoming immigrants, nor to encourage them to adapt or adopt Canadian ways. To integrate, in other words. The Prime Minister of the UK, the President of France and the Chancellor of Germany might all admit multiculturalism has been a failure but Canada's elites continue to trumpet it as the perfection of the human condition.

15 hours ago, cougar said:

Is this really bad?  What is the concern here?

It's bad, yes. The concern is it will get worse and spread, particularly since there appears to be no pushback from the state, from the police, no punishment, no attempt to reign it in. Everyone is just cowering, afraid they'll get violent, or worse, won't vote for them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, herbie said:

Oooh our tough-ass resident keyboard warrior should sign up wit the IDF. Maybe he could singlehandedly defeat the area that's half the size of Toronto in a day instead of dragging shit out like it was another Stalingrad. Should have been over in weeks but Netanyahu dragged things out so long reducing the place to rubble even his main ally has had enoogh. Feed the f*cking civilians and kill Hamas already!

You're claim that antisemitism is rampant in Canada is absurd. Alarmist bullshit.

So i guess the CBC is producing false news now, many media outlets have covered the same story, there were sources given did you even read them....guess not...even your party leader has clearly said Canada is racist country...what more do you need...I guess you can be racist but not anti Semitic maybe you can explain that one to all the readers...

Feed the people, have you not been paying attention to the conflict....Hamas will only take that food for themselves...The people will get very little of that aid...

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

That's what the stats say. I'm just here talking about it. 

Yeah - pretty much all agencies are reporting more anti-jew crime and violence and threats. That part doesn't seem to be up for debate