Canada's dangerous slide into antisemitism

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Pleases, put your thinking cap on (and your reading glasses). They are protesting the government, specifically Netanyahu for his actions/inactions against Gaza.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/01/middleeast/israel-protests-netanyahu-intl/index.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/mar/31/israeli-protesters-call-benjamin-netanyahu-removal

Your own cites say they're protesting the government for not bringing the hostages back, not for being mean to Gazans. The last poll I saw said Israelis feel the government isn't bombing Gazans ENOUGH. 

The Oct 7 attack was the fears of all Israelis for the last seventy years brought out into the light. They've lived in a small country all their lives with the knowledge that every day there are people all along their borders in every direction willing to die to try to get over, under, around or through their defenses just to find a Jew and kill him or her. and Oct 7 wasn't just a couple of terrorists but thousands of people, some of them not even Hamas, but civilians who saw what was happening and eagerly joined in. 

There is little sympathy among them for Palestinians right now.

Edited by I am Groot
  • Like 1

Canada, indeed the world is not "sliding" into antisemitism, it's always been there. What no one wants to address is that historically Jews have earned much of the animosity aimed at them. Historically Jews have always been amongst the better educated peoples. This resulted in Jews often holding positions of substantial influence in the earliest kingdoms. Jews were often that kingdoms exchequer and understandably the masses of poor people had little sympathy for tax collectors. Jewish intellectuals, were and are still often the harbingers of social change. Never popular with the ruling elite or masses when social change erupts into violence and chaos. Jewish banking houses financed many of the armies that ravaged Europe for centuries. It was the Dutch Jews who played a large part in financing the slave trade.

Then there's the Jewish attitude. Jews are the only people who can bring a litany of woes to an everyday conversation and the continual accusatory self pity party gets very tiring. There self bestowed title of "Gods chosen people" too closely parallels the "master race" for many peoples and it too, often expresses itself in acts of condescending arrogance and cruelty. The Jews wailing of "two thousand years of persecution" doesn't seem to have taught them any compassion given current events.

Jews, as individuals, are often loving, gregarious and generous. As a people not so much.

23 hours ago, paradox34 said:

Canada, indeed the world is not "sliding" into antisemitism, it's always been there. What no one wants to address is that historically Jews have earned much of the animosity aimed at them. Historically Jews have always been amongst the better educated peoples. This resulted in Jews often holding positions of substantial influence in the earliest kingdoms. Jews were often that kingdoms exchequer and understandably the masses of poor people had little sympathy for tax collectors.

Jews never had any religious issues with loaning money for interest the way Muslims do and Christians used to. That was a big chunk of the problem right there. Nobody likes the banker, especially when you have to pay him back. Early rulers would borrow money from Jewish bankers, then launch religious pogroms against Jews and drive them out so as to not have to pay them back.

Jewish intellectuals, were and are still often the harbingers of social change. Never popular with the ruling elite or masses when social change erupts into violence and chaos. Jewish banking houses financed many of the armies that ravaged Europe for centuries. It was the Dutch Jews who played a large part in financing the slave trade.

The Jews were bankers because others couldn't be. Blaming them for what European rulers sometimes did with some of their money is pretty silly and one-sided, IMO.

Then there's the Jewish attitude. Jews are the only people who can bring a litany of woes to an everyday conversation and the continual accusatory self pity party gets very tiring. There self bestowed title of "Gods chosen people" too closely parallels the "master race" for many peoples and it too, often expresses itself in acts of condescending arrogance and cruelty.

Muslims see themselves as God's ONLY people, and their religious books basically give them free rein to steal from, murder, enslave, and rape anyone who isn't a Muslim. A lot of Christians think Christians are God's chosen people too. China's rulers have long considered China to be the center of the universe and everyone else a 'barbarian'. 

The Jews wailing of "two thousand years of persecution" doesn't seem to have taught them any compassion given current events.

Jews tend to be pretty Liberal in terms of social values, and as you yourself already point out, are often at the forefront of social change movements. I'm not sure what lack of compassion you believe they're showing currently unless it's to the people who invaded their country and raped, tortured and murdered so many of their fellow citizens. And few sane people can really blame them for that.

Jews, as individuals, are often loving, gregarious and generous. As a people not so much.

As compared to whom?

On 4/18/2024 at 9:15 AM, ExFlyer said:

Pleases, put your thinking cap on (and your reading glasses). They are protesting the government, specifically Netanyahu for his actions/inactions against Gaza.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/01/middleeast/israel-protests-netanyahu-intl/index.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/mar/31/israeli-protesters-call-benjamin-netanyahu-removal

I am groot has a point here, Israelis are protesting the israelis government over not getting back the hostages....Israelis people are not concerned about the palestinian people as some have suggested ...they want their family members back...They think the government's first priority should have been hostages...where do you think you would put your priorities..,.hostages or eliminating terrorist... 

But on the government side they want to ensure that their people are not subjected to this Oct attack ever again.. for them wiping out these terrorist are the prime objective...it is an objective that outweighs the lives of the current hostages, which have not been confirmed alive or dead...but in limbo...

On 4/22/2024 at 3:14 PM, paradox34 said:

Canada, indeed the world is not "sliding" into antisemitism, it's always been there. What no one wants to address is that historically Jews have earned much of the animosity aimed at them. Historically Jews have always been amongst the better educated peoples. This resulted in Jews often holding positions of substantial influence in the earliest kingdoms. Jews were often that kingdoms exchequer and understandably the masses of poor people had little sympathy for tax collectors. Jewish intellectuals, were and are still often the harbingers of social change. Never popular with the ruling elite or masses when social change erupts into violence and chaos. Jewish banking houses financed many of the armies that ravaged Europe for centuries. It was the Dutch Jews who played a large part in financing the slave trade.

Then there's the Jewish attitude. Jews are the only people who can bring a litany of woes to an everyday conversation and the continual accusatory self pity party gets very tiring. There self bestowed title of "Gods chosen people" too closely parallels the "master race" for many peoples and it too, often expresses itself in acts of condescending arrogance and cruelty. The Jews wailing of "two thousand years of persecution" doesn't seem to have taught them any compassion given current events.

Have you been to Israel or gaza or west bank...just trying to think where you developed your dislike for the jewish people...

Your whole post seems to be based on historical evidence, that points to a few rather than the masses...like their educational background, their position in life, you seem to base all of it on a few individuals,  but it does not fit in with the entire race...the Germans did not go after just the smart ones, or the bankers , or whatever you suggested, but rather the entire race...as your doing right here...

I think the problem here can not be boiled down to some simplistic historical references, but rather twisted in hatred that goes back centuries...

Perhaps you can point out a nation that has not stood up and used violence to respond to a massacre of its own people...I'd be interested in why you think that Israel should have shown mercy to terrorists that commited the march attacks...Why should they show the people of palestine mercy to a people that want nothing but the destruction of the state of Israel...

Of all the people from around the globe, your standing up for the Palestinian people who are governed by a terrorist group, to which the majority of palestinians voted in...your sense of character needs some work...in my humble opinion, 

On 4/3/2024 at 6:35 PM, herbie said:

No, no Eyeball they're the chosen people. Dropping bombs on aid convoys is righteous and holy, you must be an antisemite if you question the actions of Israel's govt.
Only the questioning of Russia and China is acceptable.

Yes the killing of some aid workers is not a good thing, but accidents happen all the time in conflicts, one can not expect things to be as sterile as you'd like them to be in combat, atleast not as it is like in the movies....It is easier for you to condemn them than try and understand the plight they are in...but you have made up your mind about this whole issue long ago...

22 minutes ago, Army Guy said:

Yes the killing of some aid workers is not a good thing, but accidents happen all the time in conflicts, one can not expect things to be as sterile as you'd like them to be in combat, atleast not as it is like in the movies....It is easier for you to condemn them than try and understand the plight they are in...but you have made up your mind about this whole issue long ago...

They also dropped aid packages that killed people.  Sometimes unintended consequences happen.

In the meantime, i see history is repeating itself.

history-repeats-itself-v0-roeukhr4iawc1.thumb.webp.05aa6e90d93904ef7191ac9150d6f55d.webp

3 hours ago, Army Guy said:

The IDF have killed 40 of their own soldiers in friendly fire accidents. When you're using tanks and fighter bombers and drone missiles in a built up urban area full of soldiers stuff happens.

I find it very interesting that Israeli tactics closely mirror the Nazi's in countries that had formally surrendered to them. What we call freedom fighters, by virtue of having won the war,  they called, with some justification terrorists. The Germans too tried assassination, mass forced deportation and the installation of settlers.

15 minutes ago, paradox34 said:

I find it very interesting that Israeli tactics closely mirror the Nazi's in countries that had formally surrendered to them.

What on earth are you talking about? The israeli tactics don't look like the nazi ones at all.

What we call freedom fighters, by virtue of having won the war,  they called, with some justification terrorists.

No, freedom fighters such as those we saw in ww2  seeing as that seems to be your example - fought the enemy. Their goal was not terror, it was to disrupt enemy supplies. They didn't target civillians, they targeted enemy troops and support elements.

THe terrorists however deliberately target civilians. They are focused on 'terror' and burn women and children and mutilate their bodies and rape and slaughter innocents as a primary goal.

That's the difference between 'freedom fighter' and 'terrorist'.

You need to read a history book  i think.

On 4/22/2024 at 11:14 AM, paradox34 said:

The Jews wailing of "two thousand years of persecution" doesn't seem to have taught them any compassion given current events.

After two thousand years of persecution that ended with the Holocaust that killed about one third of the Jews in Europe, I think they have good reason to feel defensive.

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

After two thousand years of persecution that ended with the Holocaust that killed about one third of the Jews in Europe, I think they have good reason to feel defensive.

Yeah. If anything it's 2000 years of proof that NOT standing up for yourself against your enemies ends badly.

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2024 at 10:24 AM, I am Groot said:

Your own cites say they're protesting the government for not bringing the hostages back, not for being mean to Gazans. The last poll I saw said Israelis feel the government isn't bombing Gazans ENOUGH. 

The Oct 7 attack was the fears of all Israelis for the last seventy years brought out into the light. They've lived in a small country all their lives with the knowledge that every day there are people all along their borders in every direction willing to die to try to get over, under, around or through their defenses just to find a Jew and kill him or her. and Oct 7 wasn't just a couple of terrorists but thousands of people, some of them not even Hamas, but civilians who saw what was happening and eagerly joined in. 

That's weird because Zionists will frequently argue that the ethnostate is necessary to assure the safety of Jews. Personally, if I lived in such a place I would simply move to one of the dozens of other countries where this would not be a problem.

On 4/18/2024 at 12:24 PM, I am Groot said:

There is lots of sympathy for Palestinians, especially in the US.

Colleges have stopped courses and doing classes remotely because of the pro Palestine protests.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68873825

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2024/04/23/map-student-protests-arrests-universities-us/'

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/what-is-behind-pro-palestinian-protests-us-universities-2024-04-23/

https://apnews.com/article/college-protests-israel-divestment-palestinians-3f37f96f7be8e1124f266842d9caa627

21 hours ago, Army Guy said:

Yes the killing of some aid workers is not a good thing, but accidents happen all the time in conflicts, one can not expect things to be as sterile as you'd like them

Of course not, but I sure do expect a much better effort. Not a minimal effort followed by meaningless apologies.
Like 7 months for the supposedly world class army to clear Hamas from an area the size of a postage stamp?
I'm no anti-semite but Hamas still is holding hostages and deserves what they get. And protesters here that celebrate Oct 7 should be locked up for what are pretty clear hate crimes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

There is lots of sympathy for Palestinians, especially in the US.

Colleges have stopped courses and doing classes remotely because of the pro Palestine protests.

Yes, I'm aware. All those brainless, pampered progressives at elite universities who have never known fear or want and who divide the world into black and white. Into the Oppressed and the Oppressors. They've decided that the Israelis are the latter group because they wear uniforms and have built a successful society, and the Palestinians represent the have-nots, the oppressed, the victims. 

I love watching blonde college girls out there chanting on behalf of people who would gleefully rape, torture and murder them, and who have no issue ignoring the brutality Hamas has inflicted on girls their own age, or that they promise to keep doing it. Because Palestinians are the Oppressed, you know. And that seems to excuse everything in their tiny minds.

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Of course not, but I sure do expect a much better effort. Not a minimal effort followed by meaningless apologies.
Like 7 months for the supposedly world class army to clear Hamas from an area the size of a postage stamp?

If they just bombed the shit out of everything without regard to civilians (as the lefties claim they've been doing )I'm sure it would be over by now.

4 hours ago, Black Dog said:

That's weird because Zionists will frequently argue that the ethnostate is necessary to assure the safety of Jews. Personally, if I lived in such a place I would simply move to one of the dozens of other countries where this would not be a problem.

As in just move illegally? That's more an Arab thing.

And who says there are dozens of countries where they would be safe? Apparently, they're not even safe at elite American universities. 

17 hours ago, paradox34 said:

I find it very interesting that Israeli tactics closely mirror the Nazi's in countries that had formally surrendered to them.

Not even remotely. But your tactics are starting to resemble that of Joseph Goebbels.

3 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Yes, I'm aware. All those brainless, pampered progressives at elite universities who have never known fear or want and who divide the world into black and white. Into the Oppressed and the Oppressors. They've decided that the Israelis are the latter group because they wear uniforms and have built a successful society, and the Palestinians represent the have-nots, the oppressed, the victims. 

I love watching blonde college girls out there chanting on behalf of people who would gleefully rape, torture and murder them, and who have no issue ignoring the brutality Hamas has inflicted on girls their own age, or that they promise to keep doing it. Because Palestinians are the Oppressed, you know. And that seems to excuse everything in their tiny minds.

OK, so now it is all college kids you don't like because they do nit agree with you.

Oh wait not just any college kids but " blonde college girls" at "brainless, pampered progressives at elite universities" LOL

Your accusations are unfounded and just repeated to incite anger. While the 30,000+ civilian, women and children killed by Israeli bombs, rockets and raids in schools, hospitals and refugee camps is inconsequential.

Maybe those university students are seen an inequity?

My solution? Nuke em all.  Turn it all into a desert wasteland.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, ExFlyer said:

OK, so now it is all college kids you don't like because they do nit agree with you.

Oh wait not just any college kids but " blonde college girls" at "brainless, pampered progressives at elite universities" LOL

Your accusations are unfounded and just repeated to incite anger. While the 30,000+ civilian, women and children killed by Israeli bombs, rockets and raids in schools, hospitals and refugee camps is inconsequential.

Maybe those university students are seen an inequity?

My solution? Nuke em all.  Turn it all into a desert wasteland.

I'm okay with that. We can ship all the protesters over there first, though. No loss to humanity would ensue.

By the way, what 'accusations' have I made that are 'unfounded'?

Edited by I am Groot

37 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

I'm okay with that. We can ship all the protesters over there first, though. No loss to humanity would ensue.

By the way, what 'accusations' have I made that are 'unfounded'?

"on behalf of people who would gleefully rape, torture and murder them, "

Been said a lot but not one shred of proof has been provided so far.

1 hour ago, ExFlyer said:

"on behalf of people who would gleefully rape, torture and murder them, "

Been said a lot but not one shred of proof has been provided so far.

Oct 7 demonstrated overwhelmingly what Palestinians would do if they had the power to do it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, I am Groot said:

Oct 7 demonstrated overwhelmingly what Palestinians would do if they had the power to do it.

IF Palestine laid down its weapons they'd have a Palastinian state in short order.

If Isreal laid down its weapons it would have a second holocaust tomorrow.

4 hours ago, herbie said:

I'm no anti-semite but Hamas still is holding hostages and deserves what they get. And protesters here that celebrate Oct 7 should be locked up for what are pretty clear hate crimes.

You say of course not but you don't know the restraint involved in trying to the wear contained to terrorist and not civilians...many experts have said this conflict has shown that many objectives are not being taken do to the amount of civilians involved in the area...

History is full of examples of world class armies being stalled in urban warfare...not sure what your point is, but i'm sure they would appreciate any arm chair quater backing but someone who voted for the NDP...i mean it just shows a whole line of bad decisions made by you.... 

4 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

More like "couldn't pass the admissions".....

Can't distinguish between those particular protesters and anyone having anything to do with secondary ed.